It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Were Europeans in North America before anyone else?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 18 2013 @ 09:42 AM
link   
Every time I see an immigration protest where Latinos shout "go back to Europe" I think of this movie. I am not making this post as a racist rant. I am making this post because I truly believe this film depicts the truth. If it does, it brings into question a lot of things. I believe the words of Carlos Santana who said "the world is for everyone". But I think after watching this, you will realize European Americans have every right to be in North America.At least as much as any Latino.

edit on 18-8-2013 by openminded2011 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2013 @ 09:49 AM
link   
I'd also note the 'Latinos' are so thoroughly mixed in Spanish and Portuguese bloodlines, we could say the same to them about going back to Europe in enough cases to make the point very awkward for them. Precious few people in Mexico, especially, are anything like what one could call 'Native' or entirely from there. Very few.

It sure sounds good to tell white people to go elsewhere sometimes, huh? (you'd think so...lol)

posted on Aug, 18 2013 @ 10:09 AM
link   
It's a fascinating subject OP.

Look up trans-oceanic contact. (Google link.)

There's some compelling evidence that it might have happened.

In a study conducted earlier this year, Japan was unexpectedly linked to South America.
which was actually first hypothesized in 1966 by a Smithsonian archeologist.

The largest ever genetic study of native South Americans identified a sub-population in Ecuador with an unexpected link to eastern Asia.The study, published in PLOS Genetics, concluded that Asian genes had been introduced into South America sometime after 6,000 years ago — the same time the Jomon culture was flourishing in Japan.
www.dispatch.com...

posted on Aug, 18 2013 @ 10:10 AM
link   

Indigenous populations of the Americas
as estimated percentage of total country's population

Country Indigenous Ref. Part indigenous Ref. Combined total Ref.

North America
Greenland 89% [99] % [99] 89% [99]
Canada 1.8% [100] 3.6% [100] 5.4% [100]
Mexico 12.8% [1] 75% [101] 87.8% [101]
United States 0.9% [102] 0.7% [102] 1.7% [102]
Central America
Belize 16.7% [103] 33.8% [103] 50.5% [103]
Costa Rica 1% [104] 15% [104] 16% [104]
El Salvador 1% [105] 90% [105] 91% [105]
Guatemala 40.8% [106] % %
Honduras 7% [107] 90% [107] 97% [107]
Nicaragua 5% [108] 69% [108] 74% [108]
Panama 6% [109] 84% [109] 90% [109]
Caribbean
Antigua and Barbuda % % %
Barbados % % %
The Bahamas % % %
Cuba 0.1% 0.2% 0.3%
Dominica 2.9% [110] % %
Dominican Republic % % %
Grenada ~0% [111] ~0% [111] ~0% [111]
Haiti ~0% [112] ~0% [112] ~0% [112]
Jamaica % % %
Puerto Rico 0.4% [113] 84% [114] 84%
Saint Kitts and Nevis % % %
Saint Lucia % % %
Saint Vincent and
the Grenadines 2% [115] % %
Trinidad and Tobago 0.8% 88% 80%
South America
Argentina 1.0% [116] 56%[117][verification needed] 57% [118][verification needed]
Bolivia 55% [119] 30% [119] 85% [119]
Brazil 0.4% [120] % %
Chile 4.6% [121] % %
Colombia 1% [122] 58% [122] 59% [122]
Ecuador 25% [123] 65% [123] 90% [123]
French Guiana % % %
Guyana 9.1% [124] % %
Paraguay 1.7% [125] 95% [126] 96.7%
Peru 45% [127] 37% [127] 82% [127]
Suriname 2% [128] % %
Uruguay 0% [129] 8% [129] 8% [129]
Venezuela 2.7% [130] 68% 70.7%

Not quite as insignificant a population as portrayed. Of course some areas the genocide was nearly complete.
wiki
edit on 18-8-2013 by Kali74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2013 @ 10:19 AM
link   
For someone that didn't intend on making a racist rant you didn't do so good. I think it was you saying "racist rant" that undermined your attempt at neutrality. Fyi of course europeans was in north america before latinos considering their weren't any "latinos" until the spanish distroyed the natives Identity. Are you talking about the south western part of the US. What about the rest of the country and Canada?

I also wanted to add why quote carlos santana "the world belongs to everyone." When you contradict that with this thread. If it does then why even author it? Why point out that europeans has the right to be in North America? My stance on the topic is simply who cares. What contribution to mankind would this have besides more division by entitling a piece of this earth to one group of people.
edit on 18-8-2013 by Jahari because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2013 @ 10:29 AM
link   
Although this is obviously quite the controversial and suppressed topic, it is thought that Europeans were in fact in the Americas before "native americans/indians". It is thought that an ancient culture called the Solutreans inhabited the U.S. far before "native american indians" arrived.

Tools have been found all over North America that are native to only the Solutrean culture. The Solutreans had a specific way of making their tools and of course like most cultures, had their own signature design. Theirs, of course, was VERY different in comparison to the tools of "native american/indians"...

The Solutrean tools that have been found are as old as 26,000 years old, this of course predates any known evidence of "native american/indians" by 11,000 years, as the oldest tools that can be associated with native americans/indians is about 15,000 years old.
edit on 18-8-2013 by TheIceQueen because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2013 @ 10:42 AM
link   
reply to post by TheIceQueen

That's been debunked many many times.
edit on 18-8-2013 by Jahari because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2013 @ 10:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jahari

That's been debunk many many times.

Lol, please tell me how "that's been debunk many many times". Because the last time that I checked, it has not been "debunk" in anyway that would cause the Solutrean hypothesis to become null and void.
edit on 18-8-2013 by TheIceQueen because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2013 @ 10:56 AM
link   
"The Solutrean hypothesis has not yet been proven right, but is most widely accepted as wrong. The Weather When the Soltureans were said to be coming along the ice ledge in the Atlantic Ocean, a 2008 study shows that the conditions were not favorable to travel in. The ice ledge was during the last glacial maximum(22,000 years ago). Scarce Physical Evidence Besides the evidence of the tool technology and skulls, there really isn't any evidence of their crossing or settlement in North America.There are archaeologists who believe that there were boats that were used... But no evidence. Or maybe the Solturean Mystery? Until there is more physical evidence to prove the Solturean hypothesis to be true, this theory is considered not true. It is thought of more as an idea."

posted on Aug, 18 2013 @ 11:46 AM
link   
Excellent movie and fantastic representation of the ancient people.
The idea itself is not a new one, just not popular with modern mans agenda.
We don't know who discovered North America first...but now we have more details.
Speculation. Although very likely.

I still wonder how these scientists can claim this continent was discovered 17,000 years ago, yet stone buildings and even larger stone base settlements have been here and in South America for much longer. My curiosity remains in the questions of where did all the ancient cultures and people come from, yet have the eerily similar pyramid structures and building ideas. Even where did the entire South American culture come from? Migration from the North...i.e., European or Asian?

It makes no difference because there is still so much to learn and so much that has been hidden.

Thanks for the video!

posted on Aug, 18 2013 @ 01:36 PM
link   

I believe the words of Carlos Santana who said "the world is for everyone". But I think after watching this, you will realize European Americans have every right to be in North America.At least as much as any Latino.

First no it's not, and what a complete and total MISREPRESENTATION of anti ILLEGAL immigration.

I am a believer in borders.

I am a believer if someone comes to in to my house they knock on the door and ask for permission for come INSTEAD of come through the back door and take what ever they want, and make themselves feel at home.

ENTITLED so to speak.

I am a descendent of European American's and many millions of others so where does this come from ?

Where ?

See earlier misrepresentation comment.

The biggest reason we have immigration laws is to 'dam' up the flow of immigration because a country can only support a population as long as it has available resources, and anyone paying attention knows we can't support what we already got..

Those laws provide a 'trickle effect' allowing new immigrants to come in,and be absorb over a period of times opposed to the flood gates wide open we have now.

THIS IS WHY WE HAVE THEM has nothing to do with 'hating' people.

Anywhere else in this country do people get to pick and choose what laws they follow, and get rewards for doing so?

Anyone feel free to point that out I would love to hear it.

Geezus.
edit on 18-8-2013 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2013 @ 04:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Jahari

Why? Because I am sick of people telling my ethnic group to go back to Europe. I am not implying some kind of priveledge as you seem to imply. I am reacting to a hostility against white European Americans that is getting more and more mainstream. To me, when I hear someone telling my people to go back to Europe, that's where the racism lies.

posted on Aug, 18 2013 @ 04:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by openminded2011
reply to post by Jahari

Why? Because I am sick of people telling my ethnic group to go back to Europe. I am not implying some kind of priveledge as you seem to imply. I am reacting to a hostility against white European Americans that is getting more and more mainstream. To me, when I hear someone telling my people to go back to Europe, that's where the racism lies.

Hats off to you and +1. It's good to see others of my ethnic group that see whats going on and don't have their heads lodged inside of their asses (like sadly, they are in regards to this subject, completely).

However, as the person that you replied to is showing, and as society shows, it's not "racist" when it's against whites.
Funny how that works, huh? You're associated with being 'racist' in some way just for acknowledging the existence of the overwhelmingly growing (and large) hostility against whites, and for merely discussing a well-known and factually supported theory...

posted on Aug, 18 2013 @ 05:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Jahari

Why? Because I am sick of people telling my ethnic group to go back to Europe. I am not implying some privelege , i am posting this as a counter to a type of anti european american racism that is going more mainstream. i am not directing racism i am reacting to it.To me, when I hear someone telling my people to go back to Europe, that's where the racism lies. Why don't you lecture those people? Where is your outcry then?
I

edit on 18-8-2013 by openminded2011 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2013 @ 05:58 PM
link   
reply to post by havok

My grandmother's mom was on the trail of tears, as a half breed, not my word, she was abused by both sides. My grandmother that is. She was so traumatized she took all knowledge of our native heritage to the grave with her.

For me it is not about who was first but more about the great diverse native tribes who sustained great nations in this land before the European white man landed. After which, all the land was stolen from them and while nations eliminated.

The African Americans really don't have much to complain about after all.

The Bot

posted on Aug, 19 2013 @ 07:56 AM
link   
reply to post by dlbott

It was not my intention to belittle or demean any group by posting the video. It is simply to illustrate that the call by some individuals for European Americans to "go back to Europe" because the perception by that group that they were here first and as a result have some claim to be able to tell others to leave might be based on a false claim. if this hypothesis is true using their logic I can tell them to go back to Asia. It's not my desire to do so and that's not why I posted but the truth is no one knows for sure which group made it here first. As result no one has the right o tell someone to leave based on some preconceived notion that they were here first when no one in fact knows who that is.
edit on 19-8-2013 by openminded2011 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2013 @ 11:45 AM
link   
reply to post by openminded2011

Where are you hearing all this go back to europe stuff? If indeed you have proof of people saying things like that I think their angeris misguided. They are angry at the government/tptb and unfortunately despite having a black president the face of the government/tptb is european.

posted on Aug, 19 2013 @ 11:52 AM
link   

It seems he has a problem with latinos. There was native american all over north america and choose to say latinos. Why is that ? Don't be so naive.

posted on Aug, 19 2013 @ 11:59 AM
link   
I've seen the Doc before, and it's really nicely done and very engaging... but

There are heaps of finds in the americas that predate both Clovis and the Solutreans, so many so that i wont bother posting links as they are easy for you to find your self if you are bothered.

And Solutrean and Clovis blades are ofc far from identical, they just have some similar elements and it's all pretty widely discredited - however possible it is for folk to find their way across the atlantic in ancient times, which i dont think is impossible by any stretch of the imagination, btw.

And as a knapper (albeit a mediocre one at present), if i could make a fine Solutrean blade i would not bother myself to make a Clovis, which in comparison if it was not for the flute would not be much to write home about in all honesty - there are heaps and heaps of folk today that can make really good clovis blades, but fine Solutrean blades require far more skill. And yes, i do wish that i could make a good Clovis - maybe in a couple more years, but a thin Solutrean? Not a chance.

posted on Aug, 19 2013 @ 01:06 PM
link   
reply to post by openminded2011

i am not directing racism i am reacting to it.

But both promote racism.

To me, when I hear someone telling my people to go back to Europe, that's where the racism lies.

No that is just where ignorance lies.

I am reacting to a hostility against white European Americans that is getting more and more mainstream.

And you think reaction is a way end hostilities?

After you react in your own fashion, whats to stop those you were reacting too to react to your reaction until it spirals into an all out race riot.

edit on 19-8-2013 by InhaleExhale because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join