It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Listening to Black Holes and the Big Bang!! No kidding!!! The begining and the ending of time?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 18 2013 @ 08:05 AM
link   

Gravitational wave astronomy is going to be the new astronomy that's likely to really revolutionise our understanding of the universe," he says.

Read more at: phys.org...

New technology that breaks the quantum measurement barrier has been developed to detect the gravity waves first predicted by Einstein in 1916.

Professor David Blair was one of 800 physicists from around the world who announced a breakthrough in measurement science last month.

"Gravitational wave astronomy is going to be the new astronomy that's likely to really revolutionise our understanding of the universe," he says.

"It will allow us to listen to the big bang and to black holes forming throughout the universe.

"These are detectors that can allow humanity to explore the beginning of time and the end of time."

According to current theory, time began with the big bang and ends in black holes.

The new equipment has allowed the physicists to break the quantum measurement barrier, defined until recently by Heisenberg's uncertainty principle.

David Blair led a team of 16 physicists in Western Australia along with 800 physicists from around the world who announced the breakthrough in a paper just published in the journal Nature Photonics. END QUOTE:

This really is a big deal. The most perfect detector mankind has ever made...Gravity waves which can now be detected and measured...so many questions that are discussed here at ATS might actually have hard science answers in our life times...

edit on 18-8-2013 by 727Sky because: lisTening

posted on Aug, 18 2013 @ 09:01 AM
link   

"These are detectors that can allow humanity to explore the beginning of time and the end of time."

OMG..what about Jesus particle? is this related sir? i hope this invention not go to wrong hand..very scary

posted on Aug, 18 2013 @ 09:10 AM
link   
Awesome news! Mind boggling to think that it can measure in the attometre scale.. I was supremely disappointed when the Lisa was cancelled. I never thought ligo would amount to much of anything because of all the noise being on the planet produces. Guess I was wrong

posted on Aug, 18 2013 @ 09:17 AM
link   
You spelled listening wrong

posted on Aug, 18 2013 @ 09:17 AM
link   
Let the scientist first find a way to accurately predict the weather and than we can talk about going a step further..

posted on Aug, 18 2013 @ 09:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Casualboy100

Thanks for catching that!! I washed my hands and eyes; can't do a thing with them..!

posted on Aug, 18 2013 @ 09:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Hellas

our ancestor already know about weather sir..we event can create weather condition..

posted on Aug, 18 2013 @ 09:41 AM
link   
So now they can tell who has the most heart on the planet. The heart being a magnetic force itself. We now have dragon ball z style power level detectors...

top topics

join