It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

best voice recorder

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 18 2013 @ 07:20 AM
link   
I need some advice on buying a voice recorder. I know there was several posts about this but can not find them.
I want to buy one but do not want to break the bank to purchase one and have gone to websites that sell them and got even more confused as some of the reviews are back and forth. any suggestions.. I will be using this for recording evp's.

posted on Aug, 18 2013 @ 07:24 AM
link   
I'm an audio engineer, recording EVP's? You mean like electronic voices and stuff? Are you running this through your laptop or p.c. or whatever or do you have one of those fancy phones?

posted on Aug, 18 2013 @ 07:35 AM
link   
am not sure what you mean as this is all new to me and just trying to get basics. so if there is other equipment needed then I should know so I am not going in blind ! if I was to venture a guess I would say just basic voice recorder just to capture evp's......so I can record and then play back.

posted on Aug, 18 2013 @ 05:33 PM
link   
reply to post by seekingpeace

For quality voice recording I use a Zoom H4n.

www.zoom.co.jp...

But you can record both sound and video with a cheap video camera like this one.

www.newegg.com... PID=2026489&SID=2vD3DtsbbD1D2

posted on Aug, 18 2013 @ 09:02 PM
link   
reply to post by olaru12

I would say if you have the money I would get a Panasonic RRDR-60, or a Panasonic QR-100. Both are great recorders for evp, if you have less of a budget you could could find an olympus vn -4100 pc. All of these recorders are no longer made but can be found on ebay.

posted on Aug, 20 2013 @ 07:56 PM
link   
reply to post by demonid011

What is the criteria for a good evp recorder?

posted on Aug, 20 2013 @ 09:26 PM
link   
I'd definitely recommend the Zoom H2n over the Panasonic gear. The H2n has much better specifications than the old Panasonic units.

www.zoom.co.jp...

(Olaru recommends the H4n in a post above. The H4n is a 4-track version of the H2n and is the more expensive model. I reckon just go for the 2-track.)
edit on 20-8-2013 by mrwiffler because: (no reason given)

edit on 20-8-2013 by mrwiffler because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join