It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Very Important...What is Freedom ?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 11 2004 @ 12:17 PM
link   
I have been noticing alot of people lately have been complaining about thier freedoms being taken away from them here in the United States. I personally would love to understand what "FREEDOM" is in your eyes. Is it the right to bear arms, smoke pot, ...etc

Please be thoughtful and respectful to each others posts, this is actually an educational theory to see what makes us free or what most would like to see in the United states as a free country..

thanks,

Justmytype

[edit on 11-11-2004 by John bull 1]

posted on Nov, 11 2004 @ 12:21 PM
link   
ahhh...

I've answered this one repeatedly here in the past few months... but okay,

I am Free, I live in America and I love it.

I am Free to do anything that I want to do......... that's right anything. Now are there consequences for doing anything that I want, yes to some effect... I can do anything that I want as long as it's legal.

I don't think there's any limitations to what freedom is.. as long as you do what you feel is right in the eyes of God or whomever or whatever you believe in.

posted on Nov, 11 2004 @ 12:27 PM
link   
Freedom like beauty is in the eye of the beholder. You brought up the 2nd Amendment. To a lot of American the right to bear arms is a freedom that gaurantees all other freedoms, or so I gathered from the debates these past few months. To me I see this freedom as one that limits other freedom. I'm not posting this to get into a debate on the 2nd, that's been done, but to me I have no worry that I'm going to be harmed by a firearm. Thus I don't have to think about it. You say potAto, I say potato.

posted on Nov, 11 2004 @ 12:30 PM
link   
Freedom is the choice to live your life as you see fit as long as it does not encroach on anyone else having that same freedom.

posted on Nov, 11 2004 @ 12:30 PM
link   
In my eyes, freedom is being able to choose what i do , who i speak to, drink when i want to. Basically be able to do anything i want that will not harm any others or cause any ill feeling towards anyone or any thing.

Sadly this can never happen.

Freedom is a word that is can never be fullfiled by anyone.

We all have to answer to someone. Take orders from someone. Accept ideals about our country from someone.

Freedom is a lovely word.

posted on Nov, 11 2004 @ 12:37 PM
link   
I'll go with Jonna on this. Freedom is the liberty to choose how to live your life as long as it doesn't encroach onto other people's freedoms.

However, I'll add this: with every freedom also comes responsibility.

posted on Nov, 11 2004 @ 12:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Otts
I'll go with Jonna on this. Freedom is the liberty to choose how to live your life as long as it doesn't encroach onto other people's freedoms.

However, I'll add this: with every freedom also comes responsibility.

oh, so you agree with them arresting peaceful protesters(RNC = 1800+), and taking web servers(IndyMedia) that dont fit someones idea on how everyone should think???

posted on Nov, 11 2004 @ 02:29 PM
link   
Freedom is to exist without law without government. To exist and be responsible for your own actions.

Some say freedom is a state of mind but what state is your mind in.

Freedom.

posted on Nov, 11 2004 @ 02:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by kode
Freedom is to exist without law without government. To exist and be responsible for your own actions.

Some say freedom is a state of mind but what state is your mind in.

Freedom.

Yes!!!!!!!!Without laws and government
But most of all, without money! That is the worst that ever happend to humanity it divided everybody and now everything is actually based on this...
My vision of freedom will never happen, ever
I want to live in peace and harmony without countries or religions
Eating organic food, do yoga, visit the planet, make love, drink fresh water and don't worry about anything! Transportation would be non-polluant
hehehehe that is my freedom!!!!!!!!!!!! it's like a garden of eden

Ameliaxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

posted on Nov, 11 2004 @ 03:03 PM
link   
As a few others have stated is being able to live my life in ANY manner I choose unless it directly harms someone else, without Government interference.

This does not mean the government has to support my lifestyle just not interfere.

This does not mean others have to like me or my lifestyle, just not interfere.

Like it says life, liberty and the PURSUIT of happiness.

posted on Nov, 11 2004 @ 03:03 PM
link   
Mmm without money, in a world were people only used, what they needed.

posted on Nov, 11 2004 @ 03:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by kode
Mmm without money, in a world were people only used, what they needed.

Yeah, I'm not religious but I know that in the bible, god said there is enough of evertyhing for everyone on planet earth! Planet has enough ressource to make us live....
But we distroyed it, we abused poor earth
Should Have been born in Tha�ti with flowers and dolphins! Singning, dancing, fruits, vegetables, rich vegetation.....oh yeah baby!

Ameliaxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

posted on Nov, 11 2004 @ 03:10 PM
link   
How does everybody doing yoga and living without money etc, have ANYTHING to do with freedom?

Freedom is not everyone living like YOU want them to, it is everyone living like THEY want to.

posted on Nov, 11 2004 @ 03:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Amuk
How does everybody doing yoga and living without money etc, have ANYTHING to do with freedom?

Freedom is not everyone living like YOU want them to, it is everyone living like THEY want to.

The question was "what is freedom"

i suspect, like myself that people have their own ideas on what freedom means to them. It could be yoga or a skin full of beer. It dosent matter what it is.

Its down to each individual what it means to them personaly.

posted on Nov, 11 2004 @ 03:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bikereddie

The question was "what is freedom"

i suspect, like myself that people have their own ideas on what freedom means to them. It could be yoga or a skin full of beer. It dosent matter what it is.

Its down to each individual what it means to them personaly.

THANK you...this is my way of seeing freedom, just an idea, sorry if you are against that!

Ameliaxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

posted on Nov, 11 2004 @ 03:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Amelia
THANK you...this is my way of seeing freedom, just an idea, sorry if you are against that!

Ameliaxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Not at all

I thought you meant the WORLD doing that, which would not be freedom for those, like me, that wouldnt like that. If that is how you would "spend" your freedom, more power to you
as long as you dont mind my greasy cheeseburger

posted on Nov, 11 2004 @ 03:26 PM
link   
Freedom is doing what you want, with who you want, when you want, how you want. As long as it doesn't take away the freedom of someone else. Something I read once: "Freedom is the ability to do as I damn well please."

Or: Freedom is allowing hippies to be hippies and capitalists to be capitalists.

posted on Nov, 11 2004 @ 03:27 PM
link   
Freedom. Its the right to live your own life, instead of living someone else's through your body.

Freedom is disregarding the fact that no matter what you say, its not going to change anything and saying it anyway.

Freedom is taking each breath without hesitation of who is watching, wearing your soul on your face instead of keeping it hidden in silence.

Freedom- everyone has it. Take it.

posted on Nov, 11 2004 @ 03:34 PM
link   

If that is how you would "spend" your freedom, more power to you
as long as you dont mind my greasy cheeseburger

I've got no problem with that but how does your Cardiologist feel about it?

posted on Nov, 11 2004 @ 03:37 PM
link   
Well as this post is going I am seeing something that does not reflect to anything that is possible in the world we live in. Yes, life would be so great if we could all just do as we please, I agree, but this has nothing to do with what "Freedom" is within the United States. I was trying to find out what "Freedoms" are being stripped from us, What freedoms we should have as part of a society etc....

I understand we have laws, and laws restrict us from being completely free, but also dont these laws protect us as well from other bad intentions.

I as a United States citizen would love to have the freedom to smoke weed, in my own home legally, were it is not effecting anyone else.
I also would like the freedom to ride my quads and dirtbikes in the woods regardless if its state land or not.
I also would like the freedom to ............................

this is the point Im trying to make and learn about, what do you want to be free of with no consequence or laws to govern by.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join