Games Without Killing

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join

posted on Aug, 18 2013 @ 03:06 AM
link   
Just a thought here:

Don't get me wrong, I enjoy some first person shooters and military games, but why is it that practically every single game contains some degree of killing in it?

So I guess what I'm asking is if anyone else would consider playing a coop game where it didn't involve death. I think it could be really very good. Could you imagine like a massive coop game where hundreds of people are taking part in a humanitarian effort or something.

I just sometimes get a bit tired of mindless violence for entertainment purposes and wish some other human traits were explored by game developers from time to time.

posted on Aug, 18 2013 @ 03:11 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 18 2013 @ 03:16 AM
link   
lol, I thought you were taking the piss.

But you know what I mean. I'm just imagining like a MMO space game where you have different roles and go around saving aliens by supplying them with food and medicine and stuff, or stopping natural disasters. (Bit like a Star Trek I guess.)

I just think mindlessly killing each others charecters and teabagging just gets boring after the 10,000th FPS. And no, simulators don't really count as games.

I really enjoyed Spore when it came out, we need more creative stuff like that (but perhaps with a bit more depth.)

posted on Aug, 18 2013 @ 03:24 AM
link   
Try Myst series, travel to different worlds and places solving intricate puzzles to move deeper in the game

posted on Aug, 18 2013 @ 03:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by HomerinNC
Hello Kitty Island Adventure

no violence

Oh my gosh!

Where can I obtain the source? I think I could find a few places work in a little well-deserved bloodletting....

posted on Aug, 18 2013 @ 03:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Wyrdnews

Minecraft is always a good option...

Theres not a lot of killing unless you count pigs and cows, and the occasional chicken...

I guess you could count the zombies and skelletons, but they're already dead

Play a "towny" server where theres no Pvp... Or a creative server where theres no killing at all

The game has so many options and ways to play..

Its ridiculous...

posted on Aug, 18 2013 @ 04:13 AM
link   
If you're into the Grand Theft Auto (GTA) games, here's a great way to avoid all the killing. Try this when you try to install the new GTA 5 (the early release version)

posted on Aug, 18 2013 @ 04:35 AM
link   
Any sport/racing game would be a good option as well. Im not personally into those kind of games myself, but there are many who really like them and there is a pretty solid community. Anything from Cars to dirtbikes on the racing side, and any sport imaginable probably has a game.

DC

posted on Aug, 18 2013 @ 05:04 AM
link   
There are no "killings" it´s just pixels

Anyway.. the reason we like shooting at things in games, are the same reason we like action movies and paintball
It´s the warrior male, the protector the caretaker, the hunter, being the saviour of the day.

It´s been like that since we where caveman
edit on 18-8-2013 by Spacespider because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2013 @ 05:16 AM
link   
Try Batman Arkham Asylum and Batman Arkham City

The Dark Knight does not and will not kill people

My favorite games ever, and their is a new one out in November

edit on 18-8-2013 by skyblueworld because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2013 @ 05:17 AM
link   
reply to post by skyblueworld

Batman does use his fists to beat the crap out of perps

posted on Aug, 18 2013 @ 05:21 AM
link   
reply to post by AthlonSavage

The OP mentioned killing in games, the Dark Knight shows not everyone does kill

posted on Aug, 18 2013 @ 05:36 AM
link   
Scrabble, Monopoly, going outside and interacting with the world...

posted on Aug, 18 2013 @ 07:18 AM
link   
Portal 1 and 2 immediately comes to mind.

And there are emulators that can run the older educational games like Gizmos and Gadgets, Castle of doctor brain, etc. They are non violent, you can learn from them as well.
edit on 18-8-2013 by Thecakeisalie because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2013 @ 12:42 PM
link   

I had this conundrum when I first thought about which games I would let me daughter play that I also would enjoy. The Sonic series is a good one because the only thing you destroy are robots and, when you do, animals pop out of them that are now free. That's even better!

As far as coop, I think right away of Little Big Planet. It's very creative and pretty much endless. I've seen a person make a giant functioning calculator out of in-game parts. The amount of things you can do in it is insane.

posted on Aug, 18 2013 @ 01:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Akragon

Theres not a lot of killing unless you count pigs and cows, and the occasional chicken...

Play a "towny" server where theres no Pvp... Or a creative server where theres no killing at all

Its ridiculous...

Yeah, what Akragon said.

MInecraft Mega Construction Co-op.

/where have you been?

Mike

posted on Aug, 18 2013 @ 05:01 PM
link   
I think nintendo makes games like that.

posted on Aug, 18 2013 @ 07:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by mikegrouchy

Originally posted by Akragon

Its ridiculous...

Yeah, what Akragon said.

MInecraft Mega Construction Co-op.

/where have you been?

Mike

Amazing man...

I've never attempted that kind of project... but I have a few wicked creations under my belt...

Good stuff brother

posted on Aug, 20 2013 @ 03:17 AM
link   
Here's a full scale Battlestar Galactica in Minecrack, as I call the game LOL

another one

Assorted sci i stuff

Imperial Star Destroyer from Star Wars

posted on Aug, 20 2013 @ 09:23 AM
link   
Although Skyrim is my favorite game of all time, I do love Animal Crossing!

new topics
top topics

<<   2 >>

join