It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

TIME reporter 'can't wait' to justify drone strike on Julian Assange

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 18 2013 @ 09:08 AM
link   
reply to post by ShadellacZumbrum

I would call that Self Inflicted Character Assassination. His career is over.

Under normal circumstances his career should indeed be over but maybe he thinks he has good reasons to believe we live in extraordinary times. Ex_CT2 put it very nicely:

There are those who believe they will thrive in the coming police state and NWO

Actually Ex_CT2 is spot on. Have a look at this opinion piece by Grunwald from Apr 23:

Tread on Me: The Case for Freedom From Terrorist Bombings, School Shootings and Exploding Factories The past few months show that the government must protect the public even if it has to limit individual rights

Goebbels is pleased!

posted on Aug, 18 2013 @ 09:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by sine.nomine
reply to post by MindBodySpiritComplex

This just goes to show that there is no such thing as real journalism anymore, when a reporter advocates the murder of a journalist's source... it must've really backfired for him though. I visited the contact page on his website, and both his twitter feed and email address have been removed.
edit on 18-8-2013 by sine.nomine because: (no reason given)

anon and other groups need to DESTROY people like this.. they are SNAKES!

journalism MUST be one of the most protected and truthful entities if we are ever gonna have a decent society

posted on Aug, 18 2013 @ 10:22 AM
link   
To all you people who believe drones were created specifically to take out "terrorists".... its only a matter of time before YOU get defined as a terrorist.

When that happens make sure your wife and children aren't around you. After all, who would ever want their loved ones to be written off as collateral damage...?

posted on Aug, 18 2013 @ 10:26 AM
link   

Just another reason to not read TIME magazine.

What a stupid thing to say.

posted on Aug, 18 2013 @ 10:36 AM
link   
Well I have to agree that this is a death threat and he wants whoever government (you know who) to do or is being setup to say it.

This journalist knew what he was doing to cause a negative reaction but I think this was intended to get the message across to Assange .

Something is happening behind the scenes with journalism and government. With Snowden doing his thing and the recent death of Mr. Hastings, Assange busting out information left and right to the public.

What is the connection here and what is so secretive that's worth killing or making deaths? Obama and the White House knows.

Something big is about to come to light and I hope we're ready for it.

posted on Aug, 18 2013 @ 11:01 AM
link   
reply to post by SSimon

Perhaps more than just a wannabe. The CIA has worked extensively with most major media outlets, Time being one of their favorites.

posted on Aug, 18 2013 @ 11:10 AM
link   
grunwald the journalist troll.....

posted on Aug, 18 2013 @ 11:17 AM
link   
The story doesn't say....but did he look forward to this before or after Assange leaves another nation's Embassy? I'm wondering if this fool actually would like to see a Hellfire missile in the window of the Ecuadorian Embassy in London to get him. :shk:

Once upon a time...in a reality FAR FAR FAR away....you couldn't necessarily TELL what personal politics a reporter believed or followed. Those were Journalists. We have Newstainment and Time Magazine is more like Mad Magazine these days than anything reporting news items.

It's not even worth reading in a medical waiting room. Literally. I'll pick up Cosmo before Time.

*added.. I say the above having been a subscriber to Time Magazine at one time, too... so it's really not knee jerk. They've just become that sloppy and unprofessional, IMO.
edit on 18-8-2013 by wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2013 @ 12:30 PM
link   

Holy HELL! Did somebody already say "bootlicker"?

I just read the opinion/propaganda piece you linked, and that is some of the most reprehensible gargle I've ever stepped in. No surprise this guy has won so many prestigious MSM propaganda awards.

Those of us who support aggressive government action to protect the public ought to acknowledge that it does, at the margins, limit individual rights — the rights of gun owners, the rights of business owners, the rights of the accused. Go ahead, quote the Ben Franklin line about those who would sacrifice some liberty for security deserving neither. But what about the rights of 8-year-old Martin Richard, blown away after watching his dad finish the marathon? Who safeguarded the liberty of 6-year-old Charlotte Bacon, gunned down in her classroom in her new pink dress? What about Perry Calvin and Morris Bridges and the other victims of the West Texas explosion? Nobody read them their rights....

He must be absolutely frantic to earn his ticket to the Big Bunker when the SHTF.

What am I thinking? If only we would all just embrace Big Government, no S will ever HTF....

edit on 8/18/2013 by Ex_CT2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2013 @ 01:28 PM
link   
It's frightening when a member of the mainstream press advocates murder of those who are only trying to reveal what's really going on in government.

So I guess he also likes the unfortunate death (assassination) of Michael Hastings??

We live is a sick upside-down Alice in Wonderland world these days.

posted on Aug, 18 2013 @ 02:09 PM
link   

Just another testament that Journalism is a long lost forgotten art/skill, how could anyone put any credence or credibility in anything this fool writes.

posted on Aug, 18 2013 @ 03:07 PM
link   
Who even reads time anymore? The guy is on twitter now claiming to be a victim because people are saying they will celebrate if one of his family members die. Its ok when the MSM decides to threaten people but its horrific if its directed at msm

posted on Aug, 18 2013 @ 03:29 PM
link   

certain liberals feel as they will always be in the right, no matter how foolish they sound...I'm sure many libs around the world became gitty with laughter...

posted on Aug, 18 2013 @ 03:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by amkia
Greenwald/Grunwald

This guy is probably fake someone, somewhere looking for his 15 minutes of fame. Nothing to get serious about.

Right...The man who finally has us questioning the surveillance state apparatus at a national level is nothing to get serious about.

posted on Aug, 18 2013 @ 03:42 PM
link   

Michael Grunwald, a senior national correspondent for TIME, has written numerous cover stories, on topics ranging from the myth of biofuels to the future of California, from Person of the Year Ben Bernanke

LOL... I just had to look up that article about Ben Bernanke being the TIME person of the year. I was thinking, how can he be person of the year just after the 2008 collapse... then I got my answer, apparently his miraculous economic skills saved us from the collapse being much much worse.

Person of the Year 2009 - Ben Bernanke
By Michael Grunwald - Wednesday, Dec. 16, 2009

A bald man with a gray beard and tired eyes is sitting in his oversize Washington office, talking about the economy. He doesn't have a commanding presence. He isn't a mesmerizing speaker. He has none of the look-at-me swagger or listen-to-me charisma so common among men with oversize Washington offices. His arguments aren't partisan or ideological; they're methodical, grounded in data and the latest academic literature. When he doesn't know something, he doesn't bluster or bluff. He's professorial, which makes sense, because he spent most of his career as a professor.

www.time.com...

Yep, I'd say he certainly deserved being person of the year, just about as much as Obama deserved the noble peace prize.

edit on 18/8/2013 by ChaoticOrder because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2013 @ 05:32 PM
link   
Grunwald is a bold faced govt shill no doubt but I dont think Assange has anything to worry about. The US Govt is too busy killing brown people in the mid-east to go after a civilized westerner.

posted on Aug, 18 2013 @ 06:10 PM
link   

It amazes me that people can't read between the lines.
So many will take this as BURN Snowden.
Damned propaganda.
Eat it up US of A.

posted on Aug, 18 2013 @ 07:54 PM
link   
I'm just posting as a big fan of mainstream journalism and bubbleheaded colyoomnists and such like, Americans, in America and such and I just hope he uses very convincing, like spurious arguments to justify rubbing out Gillian Assange like and I think I'm spurious myself over what's going on and such.

Thankyou.

posted on Aug, 18 2013 @ 11:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by AthlonSavage
One thing I rally have trouble understanding in the Assange case is this

Assange has a website that is in the business of leaking reporting controversial information. Now there is a number of these wiki leaks type sites around and so his should of stood out as a website of Nsa interest, since we all are publically aware these are the sites that Nsa target in their surveillance.

Lets establish the context of Assange identity which is hes a business man, trying to make money by selling controversial whistleblower stories and is Not a US citizen. Assange has not ever worked in a military establishment and therefore has never taken any military security oaths.

Assange gets possession via Manning videos and information which show insights to the US foreign policy decisions and military operations.

I can understand why the US politicians and military are embarrassed by release of the information, but given the context of Assanges back ground just described what rights does the US government have to bring him into the US for questioning?

edit on 18-8-2013 by AthlonSavage because: (no reason given)

None. The US has no jurisdiction over him, which is what makes the entire thing so embarrasing for the US. However, our government has shown that it doesn't care about things like laws and jurisdiction. We recently went into Ireland and arrested a non US citizen (sorry I forget his name) who was only running an online business. We also did it with Megaupload and Kim Dotcom. Basically, according to the US government the entire world is subject to US laws and that makes Assange someone they can legally arrest.

Originally posted by wrabbit2000
The story doesn't say....but did he look forward to this before or after Assange leaves another nation's Embassy? I'm wondering if this fool actually would like to see a Hellfire missile in the window of the Ecuadorian Embassy in London to get him. :shk:

Once upon a time...in a reality FAR FAR FAR away....you couldn't necessarily TELL what personal politics a reporter believed or followed. Those were Journalists. We have Newstainment and Time Magazine is more like Mad Magazine these days than anything reporting news items.

It's not even worth reading in a medical waiting room. Literally. I'll pick up Cosmo before Time.

*added.. I say the above having been a subscriber to Time Magazine at one time, too... so it's really not knee jerk. They've just become that sloppy and unprofessional, IMO.

There's very few journalists I trust these days. Every single one of them on TV has sold out and newspapers are mostly gone these days. Hastings and Greenwald are the next generation of influential serious reporters. We're down to just Greenwald now and as we've seen from things like HBGary, there have been actual plans to take him out in one form or another too.
edit on 18-8-2013 by Aazadan because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2013 @ 02:46 AM
link   

from Person of the Year Ben Bernanke

Oh my God....it's worse than I thought. Here we have a person of the year...and Obama as the Nobel winner for peace...

Sounds like some twisted SF alternative universe...

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join