What is your passion?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join

posted on Aug, 19 2013 @ 10:43 PM
link   
reply to post by tetra50

To tell the truth. I figure that I either have a lot of passions, or I have none. But to tell it truly, I do not know what my passion is. If I really think about it I find that question to be really bizarre.

posted on Aug, 19 2013 @ 11:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by tetra50
So, tonight, I got a new question for all you ATSers who replied to this thread about passion, what sustains you, keeps you going, the purpose(s) you focus upon to keep you connected to life, that you give everything to emotionally and physically.....

My next question, is when you are at rock bottom, how do you hold onto that passion? If and when you feel the whole universe and everything and everyone is telling you to jump off the cliff, what do you do, to sustain yourself, hold on?

Thanks in advance.
Tetra

This may sound arrogant but what I make IS relevant; It's beautiful and has meaning. But ultimately it's not about the actual product or physical manifestation of my efforts; the passion is in the process of creation. The shear joy of the manipulation of materials, to feel a oneness with your soul, your muse, your dream and your ART,

Art saves Lives!

posted on Aug, 19 2013 @ 11:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by galadofwarthethird
reply to post by tetra50

To tell the truth. I figure that I either have a lot of passions, or I have none. But to tell it truly, I do not know what my passion is. If I really think about it I find that question to be really bizarre.

And then I would ask you to explain why you think the question is "bizarre?:" Is there not anything that makes you tick, makes you get up in the morning and do it all over again, makes you wonder, search, seek, with purpose, and feeling, emotion? That, to you, is bizarre? I accept it may be: but would like to hear your answers as to why......as I find you so different to how I,personally, "tick."
Tetra

posted on Aug, 19 2013 @ 11:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by olaru12

Originally posted by tetra50
So, tonight, I got a new question for all you ATSers who replied to this thread about passion, what sustains you, keeps you going, the purpose(s) you focus upon to keep you connected to life, that you give everything to emotionally and physically.....

My next question, is when you are at rock bottom, how do you hold onto that passion? If and when you feel the whole universe and everything and everyone is telling you to jump off the cliff, what do you do, to sustain yourself, hold on?

Thanks in advance.
Tetra

This may sound arrogant but what I make IS relevant; It's beautiful and has meaning. But ultimately it's not about the actual product or physical manifestation of my efforts; the passion is in the process of creation. The shear joy of the manipulation of materials, to feel a oneness with your soul, your muse, your dream and your ART,

Art saves Lives!

Thanks for that Olaro....perhaps my muse has left me momentarily,for I am an artist, too, and survive by expressing that. there is no choice. It must come out, or it will overcome me. So your answer does resonate....
sincerely,
Tetra50

posted on Aug, 19 2013 @ 11:31 PM
link   
To perfect myself so that I can become who and what I am capable of becoming. There is more for me if I can do the work to get there. I am grateful for this is my source of hope, and my hope gives me strength.

posted on Aug, 19 2013 @ 11:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by MsAphrodite
To perfect myself so that I can become who and what I am capable of becoming. There is more for me if I can do the work to get there. I am grateful for this is my source of hope, and my hope gives me strength.

Absolutely, MsAphrodite, for when you do this for yourself, you help and elighten us all......and I wish you the best and success in all you strive for.....
Tetra

posted on Aug, 19 2013 @ 11:51 PM
link   
reply to post by tetra50

I would say no, not really but yes really. Depends on! huh um can you repeat the questions, you make little sense. I suppose there is something which gets me up in the morning, something which just seeps right into my conscious and dreams and gets my ass up, I like to call that something my alarm clock.

And nothing really makes me wonder, or at least not as it used to, everything is kind of you know same ol same ol, the only thing I wonder is why I am even here wasting my energy with it all, sometimes I even think I am wasting time. But then I just promptly remind myself that I do not really believe in time. So you know, I suppose I got to do something to keep myself busy, and so I do stuff.

I totally have feelings and emotions about all the stuff I do, I just you know. Don't carry them around with me all the time, sometimes I forget were I put them feelings and emotions, and sometimes I remember but leave them there anyways. I search for something no doubt, but I kind of know its not in this place or world. And so I dally and linger a lot on a whole lot of things, its something to do I guess, or at least for now. I am either killing time or time is killing me, either way you know whatever. Besides like I said...

I dont know I suppose to me everybody has like these strings attached to them and they go about doing things and stuff, and it makes sense, but its like OK whatever. Its bizarre you know. And who says I dont "tick"... I can totally "tick" to any beat, I am like a ticking ticker who ticks ticktasticularly, I can out tick any of you tickers on ticking with both hands tied behind my back and without looking. But you know eventually everything seems kind of silly after a time and it losses its tickiness so I just kind of wonder on.

And your question is weird because its kind of a vague question, I mean I totally have passions, I just don't make a big deal out of them. I would list them off, but I would first have to make that list up first. And I am just to busy doing nothing to do that, I do not keep track of things very well I suppose.
edit on 19-8-2013 by galadofwarthethird because: edit

posted on Aug, 19 2013 @ 11:57 PM
link   

reply to post by tetra50

I was all set to address your answer quote at a time, but I realized it wasn't worth the effort. For if you think this thought migration bizarre, we don't have enough in common to even discuss it.
Be well
Tetra
ETA: I find this to be what some call "energy sucking" for no apparent point except to take something away with you, and leave me with less.....sorry.... take care. wish you the best of luck with that sentiment and outlook on life, truly.
edit on 19-8-2013 by tetra50 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2013 @ 12:18 AM
link   
reply to post by tetra50

Trust me dude there is nothing I would want from you, nor is there anything you can give me. If you feel its a sort of "energy sucking" or whatever, its probably only due to the fact that you just don't understand it, hey maybe you need a nap. Believe you me if you think that is energy siphoning you have not experienced it before, in which case sometime down the road in this world, in this lifetime or another you will. Then maybe you can compare and contrast the differences. And that is how you learn about things in this existence.

But anyways don't take it to serious, and its OK I do not expect you to understand it or get it. Yet your the one who asked me those questions, and if your so moved by some words on a screen. I really don't know what to say.
I suppose it happens, and I just answered them that is all nothing more nothing less. Besides that is only one outlook on this life, I have others, many others. I don't keep track of those either. Take care bro.

posted on Aug, 20 2013 @ 12:25 AM
link   

reply to post by tetra50

Trust me dude there is nothing I would want from you, nor is there anything you can give me. If you feel its a sort of "energy sucking" or whatever, its probably only due to the fact that you just don't understand it, hey maybe you need a nap. Believe you me if you think that is energy siphoning you have not experienced it before, in which case sometime down the road in this world, in this lifetime or another you will. Then maybe you can compare and contrast the differences. And that is how you learn about things in this existence.

But anyways don't take it to serious, and its OK I do not expect you to understand it or get it. Yet your the one who asked me those questions, and if your so moved by some words on a screen. I really don't know what to say.
I suppose it happens, and I just answered them that is all nothing more nothing less. Besides that is only one outlook on this life, I have others, many others. I don't keep track of those either. Take care bro.

Dear galadofthewarofthethird: you are right. and I need a nap.....thanks for your reply...
Tetra

posted on Aug, 20 2013 @ 01:09 AM
link   
When I was young my passion was to write. I didn't follow thru and now I have no passion. Though I did develop other passions as in study of all things alternative.

Now I get up, watch the news get on the computer and wonder how I will make it through the day.

What ever you passion, follow it now, don't let it get away. Don't become like me.

posted on Aug, 20 2013 @ 03:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by liveandlearn
When I was young my passion was to write. I didn't follow thru and now I have no passion. Though I did develop other passions as in study of all things alternative.

Now I get up, watch the news get on the computer and wonder how I will make it through the day.

What ever you passion, follow it now, don't let it get away. Don't become like me.

Ah.....I see that tear in your avatar, and know exactly how you feel and where you are coming from, especially tonight, my friend. I do exactly what you do, and feel like a schmuck because I can't seem to find a way to do anything else.

But let's interface here, on this, to support each other. For in my original OP, what I was really trying to show was how people around you can try to defeat you, criticize you, and you have to take it and use it to define yourself even further, and refine and become stronger to retain that character that keeps you going and believing in something, that connects you still to living and other lives.

Even if all we do is write, research, speak ardently about our beliefs and try to be a warning and an information source, surely that is still worth something.......

My tears are your tears, my friend. I am here to listen as so few do these days. Doesn't it seem sometimes it is so hard to meet another human with an "input" valve open, ready to listen, without involving themselves, but just appreciating and considering and giving you compassion, with no anecdotal personal experience involving themselves: Like: If I can live through THIS, surely you can do THAT......

Pardon me, I am a little on a tangent. Had a particularly bad night, and it came out in responding to you. But thanks so much for reading, and I hope we can find a way here to reinforce each other, so we can keep moving forward.....
Sincerely,
Tetra50

posted on Aug, 20 2013 @ 07:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Happy1

Yes...A necessary part of Justice is truth. Like you I oppose deception of any nature. This is what I think all religions are founded on. Know thyself, treat others as you want to be treated, love thy neighbor, etc. Without truth you get nowhere. Interesting I pray for all those same things you pray for.

posted on Aug, 20 2013 @ 06:55 PM
link   
reply to post by tetra50

Hi Tetra,

My sincerest apology for the late reply.

True. I cannot convince anyone to receive the Spiritual Awakening. I will tell, or try and explain to people to the best of my abilities, and knowledge, about the freedom and pureness of love that I experienced. I have tried to explain to my wife and my kids that same night I became "alive" and felt that pure peace, and they were "uhh, okay..bye bye then"

I would not force God down on my kids. I will lead them as I trust in, and by the guidance, of the Holy Spirit. One can only choose for oneself. I will not slap them with the Bible, but, I do need to help them, as that is what parents do.

I will not stand for blasphemy, I do not, and they know that. That is one line they should not cross.

I know that "freewill" is a word commonly used, but that is how it works. People can Bible bash as hard as they want, it will not help. You help souls by letting others see and know that you are a good soul. Let them learn why you are a good and true soul, not a phony or hypocritical soul, as so many who are and call themselves Christians. You become a good soul by renewal of you spirit. The truth of it all is within a pure heart, a loyal and steadfast spirit. I have an obligation to tell people about God, but I have no right to bible thump and foolishly turn souls away from God.

Too many Christians are "what can God do for me?" and not "WHAT CAN I DO FOR HIM!". Churches not teaching what they should, but scamming people to death. I get angry with these type of people. So, my greatest anger lies with those calling themselves Christians/churches of Christ, and leading people into being more blind and deaf.

Warm Regards
edit on 09/02/2012 by KaelemJames because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2013 @ 07:32 PM
link   
reply to post by KaelemJames

Dear Kaleem:

Thanks for your reply. Doesn't matter how soon or long, my friend.

I would not force God down on my kids. I will lead them as I trust in, and by the guidance, of the Holy Spirit. One can only choose for oneself. I will not slap them with the Bible, but, I do need to help them, as that is what parents do.

Absolutely. You are all they have at this point in the world, and must show them, teach them, and help them all you can. It is obvious you love your children, and have good instincts about this......as long as they know there other choices in terms of belief....JUST MY OPINION...and I am a parent of a 24 yr. old, as well, not that it says much, except that I understand a parent's perspective.

. You help souls by letting others see and know that you are a good soul. Let them learn why you are a good and true soul, not a phony or hypocritical soul, as so many who are and call themselves Christians. You become a good soul by renewal of you spirit. The truth of it all is within a pure heart, a loyal and steadfast spirit. I have an obligation to tell people about God, but I have no right to bible thump and foolishly turn souls away from God.

This says a whole lot about your perspective as a Christian and a human being, right here. And as far as I am concerned, thougn I certainly do not mean this thread to be about judgement in any way, whatsoever, it shows your heart is in the right place, as to witnessing.

Churches not teaching what they should, but scamming people to death. I get angry with these type of people. So, my greatest anger lies with those calling themselves Christians/churches of Christ, and leading people into being more blind and deaf.

Agree with you completely there. If only it wasn't what it is. But it is, and only adds to the divide and concquer and actually turning people away from what could actually, perhaps, see them through the toughest times.
But to me, this is the difference between any organized religion, and belief. They are separate, I think, which is really the point I was trying to make in my prior comments to you. Some Christians forget the lessons of Jesus, were primarily about tolerance, not judgement.

Of course, we must all make some judgements just to go about our daily routine, but it is not for us, I do not believe, to become too involved in this aspect.....whether I call myself Christian or not. Just technologically speaking, in these times, judgement is so easily manipulated in so many different ways. And once you come down on someone with it, in my experience, it will then be served to you in much the same way. So, then, it becomes about discernment. And that is a tough one.

Appreciate so much everything you have read and written and your responses.
Warm regards and much joy and peace to you, Kaleem,
Tetra50

posted on Aug, 22 2013 @ 03:43 AM
link   
So, I know this is a "puny" topic to most of you. It is not about politics, what's happening in Egypt or Syria, or how many CIA may have been present at Benghazi, or even what that was really about.......

Some of those things concern me, but some of them don't, simply because I judge them to be a diversion from who and what we really are and what is truly happening.

What is truly happening, in my estimation (poor as some of you may judge it), is the disintegration of absolutely everything we write and profess to care about, report, comment on and adhere to "freedomwise," here. Sorry, I don't mean to take anyone or anything, specifically, to task.

But in my pitiful, searching and at the same time, worthwhile, estimation, this thread cuts to the quick of all that other set in stone, revisionist for argument and division's sake......

for, you see, our passions in our heart, simplistic or complex, whatever, are what define our conscious moments, what we invest in, what we care for and take care of in terms of expression with congruent action.....and what has us all at odds, usually, is getting us to not even recognize, much less reveal or even introspectively think about it....and yet, it's what keeps you going. Not your Iphone, not your new comp., not your new Lexus or Prieus or devotion to hybrid cars to act like you're some kind of environmentalist, when none of us even knows what environment we're even in, any longer, that's just another pose, IMHO. Okay, let's play with some new software, do some more physics calculations, using math as another representational language to manipulate what we invest belief in as "reality."

When you go to bed at night, shower, get up, work, make love, or don't, and be isolated and lonely, at the core of that, is your passion, lack thereof, what you are missing, cannot connect with, or can.....

And so, I am prodding this community with these questions and thoughts once again, because, really, they are what drive us or leave us sitting in the driveway alone......

Waiting for your thoughts.
And always supportive of all our pain and humanity
Tetra50

posted on Aug, 22 2013 @ 01:21 PM
link   

So, I know this is a "puny" topic to most of you. It is not about politics, what's happening in Egypt or Syria, or how many CIA may have been present at Benghazi, or even what that was really about.......

Some of those things concern me, but some of them don't, simply because I judge them to be a diversion from who and what we really are and what is truly happening.

reply to post by tetra50

Reading this again this morning, after having written it at a llate hour last night (or really way early in the morning),
I realized how insensitive this particular part sounded to the disintegration going on in the Middle East, and so I would wish to make it very clear, I am not at all unmoved, unconcerned, or meaning at all to disregard what we are being told is happening in Syria and Egypt, at all. In fact, all these "springs" going off over there, and the deaths of all these people who just wanted, I think, to live freer lives, with governments that controlled them less,
represented and cared about their needs is very upsetting to me.

That was really the point of the thread, from my perspective. Not to ignore any of that at all, but to do some introspection about what moves us, what we feel deeplly about........in the midst of what seems to be world escalating in violence that can be so frustrating and depressing as one ffeels so helpless to do anything about it in the midst of it.
Tetra50

posted on Aug, 22 2013 @ 07:04 PM
link   
Other than the obvious [e.g., my close friends and family], I have two main passions:

1:

and 2:

One burning, passionate question I'd like answered before I die: what is ...the distribution of the #1s among the #2s?

posted on Aug, 22 2013 @ 09:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Outrageo

Hello, Outrageo: Really like your membername. Thanks for reading and responding...

Perhaps your second picture is a partial answer to that microscopic/macroscopic question, my friend. Would the best description of that picture be a nebula? Not that it matters that much, as I was mostly thinking that what both pictures first evoke in me, is the circular nature of what we are visualizing there in "space." Space, time, reflective patterns, and shape......the circle.

I'd like to know the answer to your question, as well. One way or another, much of my thoughts day to day, one way or another, are really about your question. I have to say, upon reading, my mind was flooded with a whole bunch of stuff.....could try to say that more intellectually, using more erudite language, etc.....

But I find your question, sort a cryptic, tricky, metaphorical combination I am perhaps unable at this particular moment to even get through my reactionary "stuff," to give it the concentration and attention it deserves, or the choice to just disregard it and be non responsive. Sometimes, too much stuff, too much stimuli at the same time causes that disconnect, or shut down for a mind; perhaps you have experienced that reaction before, yourself, and will have sympathy for my somewhat pathetic attempt to answer you.....

See, I really hope that there is more to it than the duality, on the surface of it., that your question represents to me. I really hope there is more to it than that, on every level. But, tell you what.....give me an hour or so to mull all that over and come up with a better response to you ......
Tetra50

posted on Aug, 22 2013 @ 10:38 PM
link   
reply to post by tetra50

...Would the best description of that picture be a nebula?

No, although Nebulae can be found within it. The image is of the Andromeda Galaxy. It is the closest spiral galaxy to our own Milky Way, and much larger than our galaxy, containing some one TRILLION stars.

There was no intent to be esoteric. I was simply suggesting that our beautiful blue living jewel of a water planet may be one of many, perhaps billions of others, and even beyond our rather humble galaxy of 200-400 billion suns, there are many more opportunities for Earth-brethren to consider.

For real perspective, consider this image (passion #2b?):

Taken by the Hubble telescope it is a very tiny little pinhole view of a miniscule part of the deep sky (in fact, it is named the "Hubble Deep Sky image"). Even though this is like looking through a millions-of-miles-long soda straw into deep space at a tiny fraction of the night sky, it is estimated that this image alone contains ~10,000 galaxies -just like our Milky Way or Andromeda or any of countless others - with billions of suns-&-planets families apiece.

Now swing your straw around and look anywhere into deep space that you want and you'll see the same thing.
Try and wrap your head around that for a minute.

You asked us what our passion is. This is mine.

Thank you kindly for the opportunity to share it with you...

p.s. here is the original hi-res of the image above.

Sleep well, my friends...
edit on 8/22/2013 by Outrageo because:

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join