It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is your passion?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 18 2013 @ 08:28 PM
link   
reply to post by tetra50

Moral TRUTH . Something Most people do not even Think About.........

posted on Aug, 18 2013 @ 08:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Lovely1973

Hey Lovely:

This is such a beautiful thread.

Thanks for that, and acknowledging the many replies it has gotten which I have found so thoughtful, introsp]ective, sometimes sad, but always teaching and helping me, as well as I hope it has helped others.
And I must tell you that what you express which I will quote, again, below, I find such beautiful sentiments displayed here:

My passion, without a doubt , is my children. I have four and each and every one of them has been a treasured journey from the very first kick when pregnant until now, through them I have learned endless things about myself, about them and about life in general! they motivate me in everything I do and every choice I make and I am happy to devote my life to their happiness, education and helping them grow into the best they can be! I appreciate every moment I have with them!

Just as with Cirque, your children are so lucky to have you, and I have no doubt you will do all you can to raise wonderful, introspective, compassionate people.

What you express and have are actively trying to do in terms of animal welfare, is wonderful, as well. Helping others, realizing how this teaches us, as well, just as realizing teaching our children teaches us so much more in the end (funny how it works that way, and truly wonderful to experience and realize), is a wonderful self affirming way to remain connected with life, compassionate and aware of what life should be, while we try to make that real for other life around us. I respect you immensely for that action and understanding of it.

I also love writing and have done as long as I remember. Am struggling at the moment with confidence issues and although I have long had a story inside me that I badly need to write into a novel, the inner critic is too strong right now and I fear I may just not have what it takes.........

Miss Lovely: you are your own worse critic, as you already stated. Who cares how good it is? Write what's in you, what you know, just start journaling it, and I guarantee that story you have within you will find it's own path through the muse inside you who already recognizes it: and that muse is YOU....have confidence in her, and you will find your voice, and all of us will benefit from it.....
Much love to you,
Tetra50

posted on Aug, 18 2013 @ 08:39 PM
link   
reply to post by tetra50

Obviously nothing malicious was meant there, it was a kind of "what do you say in this situation?". It certainly wasn't me making fun of the situation, more me laughing at myself for not knowing how to end the post...

Anyway...

What was the response to your PM if you can disclose?

All I hear is how good it is to talk about things you have been through, why not write about them? Reach out to an audience, in possibly the same situation?

posted on Aug, 18 2013 @ 08:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zanti Misfit
reply to post by tetra50

Moral TRUTH . Something Most people do not even Think About.........

Good for you. However, I'm not sure I agree, especially within many in the community of this website, who spend quite a bit of time trying to uncover the real moral truth, that it is "something most people do not even think about." It's not so easy in these days, times, and to quantify, qualify and recognize truth, much less the judgement of what is moral with the current state of technology, and "editing" of history and screwing with "reality."
However, thanks for your response and reading, and certainly agree with your stance. I only caution that many feel they know the moral truth, when frequently what they are shown to judge that by, is performed just so they will be assured themselves that they know this moral truth, when it may not be quite that simple.
But certainly, it is the foundation of what any life should be about, and what we should all strive for...
Thanks for your reading and reply.
Tetra50

ETA: I think about it, my friend, not just daily, but some days, all day long.....
edit on 18-8-2013 by tetra50 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2013 @ 08:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThorsBrother
reply to post by tetra50

Obviously nothing malicious was meant there, it was a kind of "what do you say in this situation?". It certainly wasn't me making fun of the situation, more me laughing at myself for not knowing how to end the post...

Anyway...

What was the response to your PM if you can disclose?

All I hear is how good it is to talk about things you have been through, why not write about them? Reach out to an audience, in possibly the same situation?

I agree, ThorsBrother, and this is really exactly what I suggested to her, and offered her an ear and shoulder to lean on should she ever want that. I did not get a response to the PM. Her response was on the thread, itself, when she thanked me. I have not heard from her since, and in fact, have worried about her throughout the day.
Thanks again for your reply. I meant no offense, friend.
Tetra50

posted on Aug, 18 2013 @ 08:57 PM
link   
reply to post by tetra50

I really need to start paying more attention to everything written in threads, like you say everything written before answers my questions.
Let us hope a bond has been established between you and you can help each other. There is nothing like happiness and cheer. Generosity and kindness of humans knows no bounds
Best of luck.
edit on 18/8/2013 by ThorsBrother because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2013 @ 09:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by TimelessWatch00
reply to post by tetra50

You either Love her or you Hate her, hate is a strong word to apply to her if you truelly Love her? People can forgive others and should, but that doesn't mean going back around people who only want to hurt you. Forgiveness is for ones own benefit it takes the hate away from your heart, hatefulness is a heavy burden to carry. Just my opinion...... We have way to much Hate in this world

Hello TimelessWatch00:

First, thanks for reading and replying. However, I think you have misunderstood quite a bit of what I wrote here:

I've spent some time recently with someone I have a love/hate relationship with, for, perhaps, eons, if you believe and ascribe to reincarnation and circular time dilation. Having said that, I have this theory, after all that time and memory, that there is a time to embrace your enemy, for he/she may be the only one who truly knows you, even as he/she strives to defeat you. And there is a time where the only choice left, is to accept this person is the one with the power, and your only way forward is to accept that, embrace your enemy, and love despite everything. And I truly mean here, EVERYTHING.....

To begin with, I am a woman, talking about a relationship with a man I have been involved with on and off for who even knows how long. What prompted the thread was an argument we had last night about my "choices" on certain jobs....choosing my high ground, over the money......

That's one feature to it, and I explain it in order to better express why that part was even included. That's just where my mind was then: I was both trying to understand my relationship with someone who seems to not always be on my side, nor good for me, critical, and then going a step further with what I was expressing to him in this argument in my choices, which may not have led to "success" in the usual perception of it, but what I had to do to hold onto my personal character over the money/contract vs. time spent working. In the end, it didn't work well for me, because I got used up working that hard. But I'd do that over again, because of what I went on to describe as my passion for life.

Now, as to your questions about do i love this person or hate them. This is a complex thing between people, often. Obviously, I don't hate him at all. At times, I feel he does me, and that he is, in fact, my enemy......here to defeat me, or should I look at it that he is here to make me stronger, and help me define within myself who I am and my value, by my own estimation. You understand, now, I hope, how complicated such a relationship can be?

No, most should never return to one who hurts you. But sometimes we are karmically and quantumly entangled beyond our own choices and control. I cannot get into that so much here.....as that is information that is quite personal, and a story that this is not the place for. Trust me that I am frequently judged for our continued association, but it is an association I cannot escape.

Have you ever seen the movie: Between Heaven and Earth, I think it was called, with Tommy Lee Jones and an Asian actress? He was in Viet Nam, met her as a local, married her and brought her to the US. He declined over the years, PTSD from the war, alcoholism, was abusive to her, through 20 yrs. of marriage and four children.
She started a business and was successful through perserverence and hard work, and finally divorced him when the children were grown, doing very well for herself. She goes back home to visit her aging parents in Viet Nam, and the "priest" at the Buddhist Temple where she was raised, questioned her about leaving this man. For, he said, there is much between Heaven and Earth we do not comprehend in this one life, but will only live to repeat it again if we do not resolve it with those we love and have problems with, here and now.

This is an example of what I mean here......the complexity of these entanglements....and how we can walk away, but perhaps not for long, either in this life or the next, until it is truly resolved, whomever needs to do the forgiving
and get on with the loving and accepting.

I hope I've made some sense to your questions here.
Thanks for your reply.
Tetra50

posted on Aug, 18 2013 @ 09:03 PM
link   
reply to post by tetra50

A thread I posted some years back: www.abovetopsecret.com...

My Passion is Justice. Each day I wake and work on, where I can, a more fair and just world for all of us. Once you find your passion, as you state, you are miles beyond many lost individuals roaming this planet that react to fear. Your passion guides you every day in the decisions you make and shapes your life. Because, I bet, you might even give your life for that passion.

posted on Aug, 18 2013 @ 09:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by ExPostFacto
reply to post by tetra50

A thread I posted some years back: www.abovetopsecret.com...

My Passion is Justice. Each day I wake and work on, where I can, a more fair and just world for all of us. Once you find your passion, as you state, you are miles beyond many lost individuals roaming this planet that react to fear. Your passion guides you every day in the decisions you make and shapes your life. Because, I bet, you might even give your life for that passion.

Very thoughtful and true response, ExPostFacto. So happy to meet someone who still even believes justice is possible. The rest of what you said: yes, this passion, purpose, becomes our defining quality of character, and I find we will be tested by life more and more the closer we hold it to us and connect with it.

And yes, for me personally, at least, I would give my life for that passion, just as you have stated, and often feel I already have, many times over.

Thanks for reading and a great response, and may you help us all find that justice so we can build something less convoluted, more straightforward, and easier for us all to live through on this planet.....
Tetra50

ETA: I will check out your thread as soon as I can. Thanks for the link.
edit on 18-8-2013 by tetra50 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2013 @ 09:08 PM
link   
My passion is to teach, and be taught; to find what a person needs and help them.To change and retain the core of my being intact. I dream for new motivation so I can pick up my paintbrush again. To be a better, dependable person with no fear of fighting for it.

Those are my wishes, and passions.

posted on Aug, 18 2013 @ 09:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by InSolace
My passion is to teach, and be taught; to find what a person needs and help them.To change and retain the core of my being intact. I dream for new motivation so I can pick up my paintbrush again. To be a better, dependable person with no fear of fighting for it.

Those are my wishes, and passions.

Hi InSolace:
Thanks for reading and replying. What wonderful things to be guided by and committed to, and a wonderful way of expressing it, as well. I, too, have to give my paintbrush a break sometimes, because what's in my head, gets in the way of the art inside me. I struggle with that. And this thread for me, is partly about that, hoping we can all inspire and help one another with what we read and write, here.
Thanks so much.
And hoping you'll be painting again, soon.
Tetra50

posted on Aug, 18 2013 @ 09:23 PM
link   
reply to post by tetra50

Sorry to sound dramatic but my selfconfidence could be better and I could be a less melancholic person. What I hope for is that I'll find what I need, peace of mind and a great muse. You couldn't wish for better. I've never been as interested in capital much as I'm fascinated by the poorer lifestyle. I'd say if food hadn't been an issue i'd definitely had enough thought for food (pun intended).

posted on Aug, 18 2013 @ 11:56 PM
link   
reply to post by ExPostFacto

Passion for justice - But, first you need Truth -

My passion for truth - so many horrible things are being inflicted on we, the lowly persons of the world, by the PTB.

My passion for truth - that all the secrets, the manipulations of finances, religions, political moves motivated by power, money, and control - by those liars and thieves of the world to steal, and subjugate all the rest of the people of the world.

Every day I pray to the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit to help each and everyone of us in the world, to live beyond the manipulations of the elite to make us hurt eachother.

So many things are happening in the world right now - whether you think of it as the Christian "end-times", or the people who believe in "aliens".

I passionately pray for everyone of us to learn the truth - of love and forgiveness - of charity to eachother.

PS - I have a day job too.

Love nature, being outside, gardening, animals ((couldn't possibly work at the humane animal center - I'd end up the crazy cat - or dog - lady, "I can love it, it's just another 13 cats)

I just don't understand how some people can come to work (I'm a registered nurse) and spend all of their energy trying to get someone fired for lies the offending person made up. - I really have a problem with liars and thieves.

posted on Aug, 19 2013 @ 12:23 AM
link   
My passion is communication.

Funny you should mention feral cats, there's a stunning huge raccoon-tailed tom I've been trying to befriend for weeks. He has some dose of Maine Coon, and almost comes up to my knee. Was with a friend who was feeling isolated and poorly last night, and finally made the breakthrough while we were talking on the porch.

The secret? Chicken liver pate. The tom dove and wove between our legs, purring like an outboard motor. Sat nearby and blinked slowly for several minutes.

We all felt better for it.

posted on Aug, 19 2013 @ 12:45 AM
link   
I love life and have many passions...

Inspiring others
Music
Family
Food
Exciting my senses
Seeking truth

posted on Aug, 19 2013 @ 07:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Happy1

Hey Happy1: Thanks so much for your insightful comments!

Passion for justice - But, first you need Truth - My passion for truth - so many horrible things are being inflicted on we, the lowly persons of the world, by the PTB. My passion for truth - that all the secrets, the manipulations of finances, religions, political moves motivated by power, money, and control - by those liars and thieves of the world to steal, and subjugate all the rest of the people of the world.

This is a great addendum to what ExPostFacto had to say, as well. Certainly, I'm sure many of us are like-minded with these sentiments on this website, but you have articulated this so very well.

So many things are happening in the world right now - whether you think of it as the Christian "end-times", or the people who believe in "aliens". I passionately pray for everyone of us to learn the truth - of love and forgiveness - of charity to eachother.

It does seem that way, about all the things happening today, although I've had that sense for a long time.....so the way I look at this is we must keep trying to find the real histories, for perhaps if time is circular, literally, there are many to be considered to understand where we are now, so that we can move on to something different--which is exactly what you describe at the end of that last quote from you.

Love nature, being outside, gardening, animals ((couldn't possibly work at the humane animal center - I'd end up the crazy cat - or dog - lady, "I can love it, it's just another 13 cats)

I am the same way about working at the animal shelter. I do feed stray cats in my neighborhood, but let them remain as feral as they came to my front yard. It's better for them (that way living on the streets no one who might hurt them will be able to get close to them because I desensitized them, or domesticated them too much for their environment they must survive in), but I try very hard not to become the "crazy cat lady." None of them come in the house, and I try not to get too attached, just do what I can to help their state of living.....

I just don't understand how some people can come to work (I'm a registered nurse) and spend all of their energy trying to get someone fired for lies the offending person made up.

I also agree completely with this sentiment, and in fact, see it as one of the most obvious symptoms of how far down our social connectedness and how much more purely exploitative our society has become.......it is something that I find very sad and depressing, and see it frequently whether in jobs, or socially, as though people have somehow defined being successful now as destroying another's opportunities----not just creating their own, or fostering each other's talents......

Thanks so much for reading and writing, and much peace to you.
Tetra50

posted on Aug, 19 2013 @ 07:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Eidolon23
My passion is communication.

Funny you should mention feral cats, there's a stunning huge raccoon-tailed tom I've been trying to befriend for weeks. He has some dose of Maine Coon, and almost comes up to my knee. Was with a friend who was feeling isolated and poorly last night, and finally made the breakthrough while we were talking on the porch.

The secret? Chicken liver pate. The tom dove and wove between our legs, purring like an outboard motor. Sat nearby and blinked slowly for several minutes.

We all felt better for it.

Hey Eidolon23:

As usual your writing and observances give a new and well articulated perspective. Communication, indeed, and your story of describing the means of such a break through is quite touching. Be well, my friend, and thanks for reading and replying.
Tetra50

posted on Aug, 19 2013 @ 07:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Euphony
I love life and have many passions...

Inspiring others
Music
Family
Food
Exciting my senses
Seeking truth

Hello Euphony: All worthwhile and wonderful pursuits and passions and ways of connecting to life and others....
Take care,
Tetra50

posted on Aug, 19 2013 @ 07:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by ThorsBrother
reply to post by tetra50

I really need to start paying more attention to everything written in threads, like you say everything written before answers my questions.
Let us hope a bond has been established between you and you can help each other. There is nothing like happiness and cheer. Generosity and kindness of humans knows no bounds
Best of luck.
edit on 18/8/2013 by ThorsBrother because: (no reason given)

Hey, no problem, ThorsBrother. You still paid attention to someone else's pain and did what you could to try to give her sound advice to help her work through her pain. This is the compassion and empathy and recognition of others' struggles that keep us all passionate about being alive, I think.

And I thank everyone for their comments to this thread, for there has been much here worth reading in that it reaffirms the struggle for retaining character and keeping alive the human spirit, in all of us.
Tetra

posted on Aug, 19 2013 @ 07:41 PM
link   
So, tonight, I got a new question for all you ATSers who replied to this thread about passion, what sustains you, keeps you going, the purpose(s) you focus upon to keep you connected to life, that you give everything to emotionally and physically.....

My next question, is when you are at rock bottom, how do you hold onto that passion? If and when you feel the whole universe and everything and everyone is telling you to jump off the cliff, what do you do, to sustain yourself, hold on?

Thanks in advance.
Tetra

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join