It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is your passion?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 18 2013 @ 01:43 AM
link   
This is very personal, but i'm going to go there......

I've spent some time recently with someone I have a love/hate relationship with, for, perhaps, eons, if you believe and ascribe to reincarnation and circular time dilation. Having said that, I have this theory, after all that time and memory, that there is a time to embrace your enemy, for he/she may be the only one who truly knows you, even as he/she strives to defeat you. And there is a time where the only choice left, is to accept this person is the one with the power, and your only way forward is to accept that, embrace your enemy, and love despite everything. And I truly mean here, EVERYTHING.....

Having said all that...this is what is prompting my next question to all you who read and write on this website....
What is your passion? This is LIFE.....what keeps you alive, keeps you getting up in the morning, touches your heart? What defines you as a human being with purpose, for is that not what passion is? What defines you as human vs. animal....what makes you feel worthwhile as a human being? What is the passion that defines you as the human you are.

Let me give an example: I used to work in the horse industry. I ended up at fifty working on a farm with performance horses. In one week, I put in 75 hrs. This was not unusual. I was, of course, not finanacially compensated for that degree of committment, work or time. But, to me, my job, despite my contract, was not over, till all 60 horses were fed, watered, supplemented appropriately, etc.....even if I started at 5:30 AM and did not get back to my living accomodations till 9:00 pm.......

My friend's argument always with me was I should have stopped at a certain hour as per my contract and pay....but I could never do that, for these were living things depending on me....

I am currently at my daughter's residence while she is on vacation, and she owns two feral cats. Really FERAL...If you don't carry a water bottle to spray them and they are unhappy with you, they'll draw blood. That's feral, in the cat world.

But this is the thing: this is my passion. That doesn't matter to me. The money, the drawing of blood, etc. Those are living things depending upon me, and I'm not sure in the scheme of this world, wherever we are, who or what they are.

The Chinese have a belief you don't kill flies because they might be your dead relatives.

That's the outline of what I'm asking you to reply to, considering what I've written. This is my passion: whatever it looks like or acts like, I'm here with certain facilities and knowledge, and therefore, my "job" on this planet right now, and PASSION is to provide whatever assistance I can, with no judgement.

And so, I ask you all, what is YOUR passion, considering what I've written and described? I am truly interested, for I feel increasingly alone and isolated in my response to the environment I live in, and am seeking the "pulse" of what others' believe pertaining to what I've described.......
Sincerely,
Tetra50
edit on 18-8-2013 by tetra50 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2013 @ 01:47 AM
link   
My passion in life is to make all dreams come true. To be able to survive and have fun at the same time. I love feeling alive and knowing that I have ability to change my life for the better.

posted on Aug, 18 2013 @ 01:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Phoenix267

Good for you. That is an extremely hopeful response.
And perhaps I wrote this thread looking for just that.
Thanks for your reply.
Tetra

posted on Aug, 18 2013 @ 02:23 AM
link   
so yeah, shamelessly bumping my oen thread.....what's your passion ATS, even if it's to see me never post another thread.....

posted on Aug, 18 2013 @ 02:25 AM
link   
reply to post by tetra50

No problem. I always like threads like this because they're fun to participate in with other members.

posted on Aug, 18 2013 @ 02:39 AM
link   
My passion is to overcome my social anxiety and be more open to others. As well as being there for my family, even though they make fun of me.

posted on Aug, 18 2013 @ 02:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Casualboy100
My passion is to overcome my social anxiety and be more open to others. As well as being there for my family, even though they make fun of me.

Hi Casulaboy100:

btw, love that membername....aside from that....I like your thinking, especially about being more open to others. BC that's about tolerance, and we can all use some more of that in this place right now. Being there for your family is admirable, especially if you feel they make fun of you. As far as the latter, my meaningful/meaningless advice is: pay no attention to ANYONE making fun of you. I think part of our test here, in life, is to hold our heads up, despite how others try to define us, make fun of us....etc.

Peace, and all the best to you.
Tetra50

posted on Aug, 18 2013 @ 03:02 AM
link   
expressing our passion also reaffirms and reminds us who we are and our purpose in living, does it not?
What do you live for? What would you die for? Is this not what your passion in life means?

posted on Aug, 18 2013 @ 03:03 AM
link   
I would say that my family and friends, my little dog Pauline, Nature and good food and drink...those are my passions...and because of them I consider myself very Blessed

posted on Aug, 18 2013 @ 03:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by shells4u
I would say that my family and friends, my little dog Pauline, Nature and good food and drink...those are my passions...and because of them I consider myself very Blessed

And I would say you are blessed, mostly by your recognition of your blessings, and all that you care about without asking for anything back....which is, in my estimation, the true measure of our blessings.
Peace to you, and thanks for your reply....
Tetra

posted on Aug, 18 2013 @ 03:19 AM
link   
reply to post by tetra50

My purpose is only to serve and protect, Elivate people to a higher state of awareness of the universe.
So that Aliens are common place and people no longer linger on lies and deception.

I strive to get people incorperated in this world so everyone has an equal framework of life and understanding of creation and preservation.

I don't find anything more purposful than getting people out of this pepetual slump. People just dwelling on Terrrestial meaningless Junk.

Iv been obsessed with this ever since i could have a memory. Just learning and expanding. If i have legit experiences and knowledge to share i would do what i could to help. My passion is knowledge and understanding.

There is a certain sadness you gain along the way, but just keep struggin through. You reach a point where Youl see beyond and see the picture as a whole. Its just the way it is. Kinda the best quote yah know.

posted on Aug, 18 2013 @ 03:19 AM
link   
I would like to point out that passion is what the vast majority of ATS members exhibit in virtually every post and thread they take part in, actively or otherwise. I have agreed and vigorously disagreed with my peers on this site, but I have discovered and long recognized a commitment and unparalleled passion here that is completely absent everywhere else I look.

For that I am grateful and proud to be here regardless of topic or degree of agreement. Personally, ATS is without doubt the one place I have a passion to read.

Thank you for the opportunity to share my admiration for those I have come to know at ATS, and best regards to you as well.

posted on Aug, 18 2013 @ 03:30 AM
link   
reply to post by CrypticSouthpaw

I strive to get people incorperated in this world so everyone has an equal framework of life and understanding of creation and preservation.

I don't find anything more purposful than getting people out of this pepetual slump. People just dwelling on Terrrestial meaningless Junk.

Thanks for that, Cryptic Southpaw. I think you are way beyond some of us, though all of us have a purpose to serve and therefore, equal value, here, wherever we are on our path, I hope and strive to believe. Thanks for your thoughtful response.
Tetra
edit on 18-8-2013 by tetra50 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2013 @ 03:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by samstone11
I would like to point out that passion is what the vast majority of ATS members exhibit in virtually every post and thread they take part in, actively or otherwise. I have agreed and vigorously disagreed with my peers on this site, but I have discovered and long recognized a commitment and unparalleled passion here that is completely absent everywhere else I look.

For that I am grateful and proud to be here regardless of topic or degree of agreement. Personally, ATS is without doubt the one place I have a passion to read.

Thank you for the opportunity to share my admiration for those I have come to know at ATS, and best regards to you as well.

I appreciate your response not only personally, but for our community, and agree with you very much about the participants here.....for it not only requires of us thought, ethics, politeness (mostly present), tolerance for each other (ditto what I wrote before), but true caring..........and all these things seem to be more and more rare these days. So, I, like you, appreciate and am gratified to participate here, and count my blessings, there, as well, and am sometimes quite sustained by that interaction, which is the best part.....and the display and giving to each other through our many passions for life, and the sharing of the belief in them, as long as we are living congruently with what we write......another thread....perhaps.
Thanks for your participation, truly.
Peace and the best to you, also.
Tetra

posted on Aug, 18 2013 @ 03:43 AM
link   
My passion is and has always been writing.

Unfortunately, I currently devote more energy to overcoming PTSD that stems from an assault in 2011.

posted on Aug, 18 2013 @ 03:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by girl_interrupted
My passion is and has always been writing.

Unfortunately, I currently devote more energy to overcoming PTSD that stems from an assault in 2011.

Hi, girl_interrupted; your response has touched me quite deeply with very few words, that say everything.
Perhaps you got from my OP something similar, perhaps not. Matters not, really.

I have some experience of violence and PTSD, myself. Quite a bit, actually. I have little advice, however, about telling you about healing. I may have mentioned in the original OP that I often am taken to task for "not moving on." This, I find, is quite hard. And even when YOU think you are or have, there may be others involved with you personally who don't see that. In my experience, it's because they are more comfortable with keeping you that victim they saw in you. Just my experience, however. I am certainly no expert, nor role model.

Please feel free to private message me if you ever wish to speak of someone to what you are suffering. You will find no judgement with me about this. I gravitate between forgiveness and acceptance to wanting to blow someone away, frequently. Sadly, this is the terrain and geography of PTSD and being a victim of violence, I think. But then, I'm not sure about much. A few things, but never like to judge what others are going through or the perception of their experience.

But let's get back to your passion, and what you have expressed is holding you back from it. If I can offer you anything, it would be to channel that pain and victimization into storytelling. Write it. Get it out of you. And perhaps, in this way, you can not only help someone avoid your own pain or help them heal from the same, but also try to heal yourself, in this way. If it feels too violating to share that much at first, write it and burn it.....but keep writing it till you don't need to burn it anymore.....and find your voice again, and get back some of that piece of you that was taken.
Much love.
Tetra50
ETA: Never let go of that passion. For then whomever did whatever to you has defeated and stolen what is most vital about you. And you are more than what was done to you. Just my opinion. In total support.

posted on Aug, 18 2013 @ 04:04 AM
link   
reply to post by tetra50

Thank you SO MUCH.

Please feel free to PM me as well. I internalize a lot to spare my family's feelings. It would be so wonderful to have someone to talk to who is unbiased and can, unfortunately, relate. Your original post here touched me as well. I love that you can find peace with animals. I have two dogs that I consider family so I can feel you there.

Thank you for starting this thread and for replying back. I will likely take you up on that offer of messaging. I don't think I've ever need a friend more than I do right now.

posted on Aug, 18 2013 @ 04:09 AM
link   
Gotta get some sleep now. Know there are ATS members here all night. Hope you will all continue to think and reply to this thread, as it helps us all, individually expressing ourselves, and together, by sharing our experiences, and reaffirming the best parts of us.....
Much love to everyone,
Tetra50

posted on Aug, 18 2013 @ 04:58 AM
link   
I don't seem to be passionate about anything anymore in life. I'm almost 39. Tried everything already. Life is just boring now.

posted on Aug, 18 2013 @ 05:20 AM
link   
Nice thread idea and cool replies !!!

I've always had a passion, one way or another. I've always had a passion for writing and even though I am a french speaking Canadian, I prefer to write in english and always have. Over the last few years, I developed a passion for astronomy, looking up at the stars and imagining what's up there, far away. If you look into the Research Forum here on ATS, you'll see that I have grown an immense enthusiasm for mysteries of our universe.

I am also passionate about life. I love life but don't necessarily love the way we live it.

Passion is kind of my motto. I proudly wear a chinese word tattoed on the left side of my chest.

It's translation means "Passion".

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join