It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

national service in the u.k / conscription

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 20 2013 @ 02:31 AM
link   
www.dailymail.co.uk...

And now Joanna Lumley is calling for 'National Service'.

The govt needs to keep its nose out of the lives of young people who may not wish to spend a year of their lives killing people in another country in bankers' mercenary wars or 'working for free' for the govt so that it doesn't have to pay a living wage to unemployed people who could have had the job the 'conscripted' are forced to do for free.

posted on Sep, 20 2013 @ 03:42 AM
link   
reply to post by geobro

Did ten years m8, my brother and dad were both in the RAF in their day as well...

posted on Jun, 23 2020 @ 03:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: RichAwake
Interesting that it's popped up again. Personally If I were to be conscripted (which I would as i'm of age) I'd be somewhat proud to "serve my country", and I feel the there are a lot of late teens and young 20 somethings in this country where National Service would kick them into touch, and make them realise there is more to this world than their next night out/handbags/shoes/flat screen tvs...

I've met a few people in my time who have said that national service was the best thing they'd ever done, with regards to life experiences and personal development, and I wonder why it was ever scrapped, cause our bad kids are REALLY bad.

Good point National service did man a young one good , i enjoyed listing to those men and their experiences in life as they taught me my craft /job , if ever a country needed to do this it is now and it is America the same as the Brits 50-60 years of inaction and general [SWEAR WORD ]

Bridge and infrastructure falling apart All across America and in Italy etc etc

We need a Fuhrer not a liberal

Boris BJ JoNSTONE IS/was Half American a recent tax/irs blunder by him and something about a passport brought that up

The real Gem bar in Deadwood .

Time for the big D to man up imho

Man up D

<< 1  2   >>

join