Richard Dawkins is a super coward

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join

posted on Aug, 18 2013 @ 01:07 AM
link   
reply to post by TheMagus

Potholer54 has many great YouTube videos. I'm skeptical of intelligent design because I don't believe in a deity and therefore no creation.

Here is a series about the universe, evolution, etc. In one neat video series. I love his fun videos.

I'll check out your videos and see what they're all about.

posted on Aug, 18 2013 @ 01:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by Phoenix267

Random passages from books? I can get lessons from the Harry Potter books to prove there is an after life.

not random at all,
they address your dogmatic statement,
but as you stubbornly choose ignorance,
you're simply a case of the blind leading the blind...

just saying...

but feel free to disregard my words, as I Am quite "Insane".

posted on Aug, 18 2013 @ 01:12 AM
link   

Well, I would have to respectfully disagree with you then.
Anyway I'll reply to you when you reply to my other post. Easier than focusing on more then one post.

posted on Aug, 18 2013 @ 01:18 AM
link   

Well, I would have to respectfully disagree with you then.
Anyway I'll reply to you when you reply to my other post. Easier than focusing on more then one post.

I'll check out your videos and see what they're all about.

perhaps you should've done so before posting:

assumptions
reading comprehension fails
and dogmatism

while I shouldn't assume you capable of multitasking,
the conscious mind is capable of holding 8 things at once...

posted on Aug, 18 2013 @ 01:21 AM
link   

No, reason to be mean. Haha. I was just disagree with your comments and I didn't really explain why I disagreed.

posted on Aug, 18 2013 @ 03:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by borntowatch

well explain how life evolved from dirt and water, how conscience came into existence and why we have so many elements in the elemental table.
Thats a start

No hurry

Here's the answer: We don't know. To propose anything more than this would be a wild guess.

With Craig's description of a finely tuned universe, he then makes this great leap of faith to say a god made it.

The problem with this is if you consider a finely tuned forest fire, the answer doesn't come to the conclusion that an arsonist started it all. When I say a finely tuned forest fire, all the trees have to be close together; if they were too far apart then the fire couldn't spread. The forest must be dry. The weather must be hot. The fire could've started by lightning, or by a bottle that focused the sun on one spot of leafy earth. The fire could've been started accidentally by kids, or by campers that didn't put out their campfire properly.

If there are so many ways for a forest fire to start, just imagine how many ways there are to start a universe.

As for Dawkins being a coward, no. The man knows he and Craig have beat this topic to death. And thanks to youtube, anyone and everyone can watch all the debates these two have been in with others.
edit on 8/18/2013 by jiggerj because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2013 @ 03:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by jiggerj

well explain how life evolved from dirt and water, how conscience came into existence and why we have so many elements in the elemental table.
Thats a start

No hurry

Here's the answer: We don't know. To propose anything more than this would be a wild guess.

edit on 8/18/2013 by jiggerj because: (no reason given)

Well thank you
I agree and I dont impose my beliefs on you or others.
I was just suggesting that science doesnt have all the answers, the foundation of evolution, meaning the big bang, element evolution, abiogenesis (it is evolution) and many other theorys cant be supported with evidence..

So I remain sceptical of your academic vacuum and unsupported argument.

It is a faith, no more, no less.

posted on Aug, 18 2013 @ 04:44 AM
link   

If there are so many ways for a forest fire to start, just imagine how many ways there are to start a universe.

According to cosmologists, there are actually very few ways to start the universe. As a result, only a few cosmological models have been proposed. Your analogue with a forest fire, which can have numerous causes, is invalid. Which means so are your arguments against a single Prime Cause called "God."

posted on Aug, 18 2013 @ 04:51 AM
link   
reply to post by micpsi

According to cosmologists, there are actually very few ways to start the universe. As a result, only a few cosmological models have been proposed. Your analogue with a forest fire, which can have numerous causes, is invalid. Which means so are your arguments against a single Prime Cause called "God."

Nice try. You forget the theory of multiverses, all different, possibly some totally empty, some with too much gravity, all created differently. My forest fire analogy is dead on.

posted on Aug, 18 2013 @ 05:11 AM
link   
edit on 18-8-2013 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2013 @ 05:42 AM
link   

reply to post by micpsi

Nice try. You forget the theory of multiverses, all different, possibly some totally empty, some with too much gravity, all created differently. My forest fire analogy is dead on.

Unlike Forrest fire evidence all your theorys are unsupported, completely and utterly.

Forest fires and cosmology.....think about what you are saying, just reflect on your choice for a few seconds.
Then quietly leave.

posted on Aug, 18 2013 @ 07:23 AM
link   

reply to post by micpsi

Unlike Forrest fire evidence all your theorys are unsupported, completely and utterly.

Forest fires and cosmology.....think about what you are saying, just reflect on your choice for a few seconds.
Then quietly leave.

When you say things like this you are desperately trying to defend your religious position, a position that cannot ever be justified or validated. And you do it without offering any logical points on your beliefs. Of course, you can't because there are no logical points, leaving you to muss and fuss like a child. Sad, sad, sad.

posted on Aug, 18 2013 @ 07:31 AM
link   

will a few ["that is eight"]* YT videos do?

Oh man, I just woke up to find all these videos! I bookmarked them and will watch later. Thanks so much!

posted on Aug, 18 2013 @ 07:55 AM
link   
reply to post by sdb93awd

Until Dawkins starts holding his 1v1 debates in Muslim countries and challenges Clerics about Islam, he is a chicken sh*t. Picking on the safe religion and ignoring the others makes him a coward.

posted on Aug, 18 2013 @ 08:06 AM
link   

reply to post by micpsi

Then quietly leave.

When you say things like this you are desperately trying to defend your religious position, a position that cannot ever be justified or validated. And you do it without offering any logical points on your beliefs. Of course, you can't because there are no logical points, leaving you to muss and fuss like a child. Sad, sad, sad.

No not at all, Christianity is a faith and cant be rigorously tested by science

Though comparing forest fires to cosmology, hmmmm. Multiverses and forest fires Sad, sad, sad

Yeah well if it floats your boat, good for you

I will bow out here, you can win, it aint worth the fight

At least you didnt defend the lack of evidence, you are not as dogmatic as some around here
edit on 18-8-2013 by borntowatch because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2013 @ 08:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Carreau

Until Dawkins starts holding his 1v1 debates in Muslim countries and challenges Clerics about Islam, he is a chicken sh*t. Picking on the safe religion and ignoring the others makes him a coward.

islam is such a religion of "peace"...that when you seriously challenge an Islamic cleric, they put a murder contract out on you...or as it is called, a fatwa

posted on Aug, 18 2013 @ 09:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by jimmyx
Picking on the safe religion and ignoring the others makes him a coward.

American fundamentalist Christians are not "safe". For example, numerous abortion clinic workers have been murdered by these wackos (probably later praised behind closed doors at churches). I bet Dawkins gets numerous death threats from such people daily. These deranged people think they're acting God's will. Make no mistake, they are very, very dangerous..
edit on 18-8-2013 by rhinoceros because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2013 @ 09:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Carreau

Go to youtube. There's search at the top. Type "Dawkins islam" and hit enter, without the quotes. Vóila.

posted on Aug, 18 2013 @ 09:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Carreau

a coward for not choosing to almost certainly die a fruitless death? maybe
perhaps you would like to prove to us you are not a coward....
yes picking your battles and not engaging in pointless endeavors and instead voicing your opinions in a manner that can actually raise awareness is extremely cowardly ....how could i have been so short sighted

.....oh wait.....i guess maybe..... you just dont like this guy because people like him make you have doubts in your faith and this is your way of saying he should go die....that would be a more logical explanation for such a well thought out response

of course that would never be your intent.... youre a good and caring person... a christian even.... so..... what you really meant was that he should be more fair.... if youre going to take issue with one take issue with them all....... before issuing a point spend the next hour listing all the religions it pertains to (because that is reasonable).... right?
edit on 18-8-2013 by sirhumperdink because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2013 @ 09:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by rhinoceros

Originally posted by jimmyx
Picking on the safe religion and ignoring the others makes him a coward.

American fundamentalist Christians are not "safe". For example, numerous abortion clinic workers have been murdered by these wackos (probably later praised behind closed doors at churches).I bet Dawkins gets numerous death threats from such people daily. These deranged people think they're acting God's will. Make no mistake, they are very, very dangerous..
edit on 18-8-2013 by rhinoceros because: (no reason given)

Oh awesome post

"probably later praised behind closed doors at churches"
Probably???PROBABLY, wow what an awesome ASSUMPTION

"I bet Dawkins gets numerous death threats from such people daily. "

You bet??? YOU BET, wow what an awesome ASSUMPTION

Sounds like you are far more fear and hate filled than those you accuse, far more dangerous,never mind as sensationalist as Fox news, all those assumptions and bets you make

new topics
top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join

Haters, Bigots, Partisan Trolls, Propaganda Hacks, Racists, and LOL-tards: Time To Move On.
read more: Community Announcement re: Decorum