It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Richard Dawkins is a super coward

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 26 2013 @ 08:13 PM
link   
reply to post by SuperFrog

For thousand's time - science proved evolution many times. It is well proven theory.
What do you think, why biblical scholar from Vatican (in video I added to this discussion before) disagree with your views, and religion is his life - he devoted all his life for religion?

Only very basic arms of evolutionary theory are "fact". Science is beginning to understand more, but the grand evolutionary tale is hardly complete from a scientific standpoint.

The Vatican means less than nothing to me. They are pure evil and they preach a perverted gospel. Their sole purpose is power and money and they are intertwined throughout governmental power structures around the globe.

They used to sell tickets to heaven for God's sake.....

You can see that they are evil based off of their past actions(inquisition, holy wars,and such).......

They do this in Jesus' name and it has done more harm to the gospel than anything.

They are also prophecied about heavily in the Bible as being part of the globalist agenda..... hmmmmm kinda makes sense

he devoted all his life for religion?

This is where he failed.
edit on 26-9-2013 by sdb93awd because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2013 @ 08:19 PM
link   

sdb93awd
Yea, I do own a Bible

How come its different from other bibles?

sdb93awd
A book doesn't always explicitly state the direction it's headed in. Sometimes comprehension can help clear things up.

So you making it up as you please? Either you follow words for what it said, or you don't. To me it seems that you are not following your bible word for word... you are more like - pick and choose, comprehend as you please...

sdb93awd
This is a matter of translation from Hebrew. The "day" in the original Hebrew isn't referring to a literal 24 hr day. Do research.

Oh, now in Hebrew day does not mean 24 hours day?! Really? Prove it.

sdb93awd
Couldnt watch it but a Christian is a Christian. Nobody is "bigger".

Please watch video before further making fun of your self....

sdb93awd
You must do more research on translations from Hebrew in the Genesis account. The young earth idea isn't dictated and the Bible does not mention man and dinosaurs living together.

Either you prove it with direct quote from Bible, or you just imagining things... is there any evidence....

According to disnyland, pardon me, I mean creationist museum, this is what humans used to ride... dinosaur and this is how humans lived with dinosaurs...

sdb93awd
The "fundamental" teachings that you refer to are of human institutional origins in order to control wealth and power.

No, that is good definition for organized religion - great job!

sdb93awd
If every country and person on this earth followed the New Testament scripture as a way to live, we would all be in paradise. I'm not condoning any sort of "inquisistions"(a despicable, man-made way of gaining power and money), but the truth will not be held in secret from me. I will lovingly attempt to spread the gospel of Christ for as long as I live and I know I'm right for doing so. I'm trying to spread love, and love only.

No, you are misrepresenting science and trying to prove that all we need is bible and your new testament... with all flaws and incorrectness... but let's just stop for second, why is you new testament better then old one, the one in Hebrew that you comment so many times before. Shouldn't you be following that one rather then this cheap and incorrect copy? Or why is that one better then Qur'an or other Bibles? Good point, why God could not make up his mind?

sdb93awd
How can unconditional love on all fronts lead to anything bad? Evil wouldn't exist......

Ask that all that are killed in Crusades, by inquisition, and burned on stakes... Thank god that love is under control now... and evil that it spreads...

edit on 26-9-2013 by SuperFrog because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2013 @ 08:44 PM
link   

How come its different from other bibles?

It's not

So you making it up as you please? Either you follow words for what it said, or you don't. To me it seems that you are not following your bible word for word... you are more like - pick and choose, comprehend as you please...

So I guess all chapters of books need to end with a transitional paragraph that outlines the exact parameters of the following chapter?

Oh, now in Hebrew day does not mean 24 hours day?! Really? Prove it.

www.oldearth.org...

According to disnyland, pardon me, I mean creationist museum, this is what humans used to ride... dinosaur and this is how humans lived with dinosaurs...

This is you ignoring the fact that a young earth is not dictated in scripture.

It's too bad for you and Dawkins that people don't cling to this archaic way of thinking in light of objective evidence to the contrary

No, you are misrepresenting science and trying to prove that all we need is bible and your new testament... with all flaws and incorrectness... but let's just stop for second, why is you new testament better then old one, the one in Hebrew that you comment so many times before. Shouldn't you be following that one rather then this cheap and incorrect copy? Or why is that one better then Qur'an or other Bibles? Good point, why God could not make up his mind?

It's not better, it takes it to a new level and brings the gospel to the entire world just like it was prophecied.

The Qur'an promotes violence and other atrocities. How many Christian terror groups are prevelant?

Ask that all that are killed in Crusades, by inquisition, and burned on stakes... Thank god that love is under control now... and evil that it spreads...

Catholicism was behind all of these things. Catholicism is a large human institution that perverts the gospel of Jesus for political and monetary gain. You can't blame God for those things. Sorry.

posted on Sep, 26 2013 @ 08:59 PM
link   
reply to post by sdb93awd

First of all, nothing in stated or implied scripture refers to constellations as living entities(your original point)

All the major events of the Bible relate to the procession of the equinox, and the constellations in which the sun rose throughout a particular age, from Taurus to Aquarius.

Luke 22:10
And he said unto them, Behold, when ye are entered into the city, there shall a man meet you, bearing a pitcher of water; follow him into the house where he entereth in.

Secondly, the Bible accurately predicted the gravitational forces that are mentioned within these constellations.

How so? Not being able to break apart the sisters of the Pleiades, or remove Orion's belt doesn't suggest they understood gravitational force. Anyway, constellations aren't held together by gravity.

You are really reaching with your Lucifer reference.

Not reaching at all. Lucifer was a beautiful star, that fell to earth, according to the Bible. Ancient people thought meteorites were fallen angels!

There is nothing in the Bible that mentions constellations or stars as biological entities.

Is Lucifer supposed to be a biological entity?

Think about his audience. All he said was that they couldn't tell. And we still really can't......it's very dynamic.

What? If it was explained in Ecclesiastics, why couldn't Jesus explain it?

This isn't blood worship.

Of course it is! Do you drink the blood of Jesus as the Eucharist? Don't Christians claim that they are saved by the blood of Jesus, that they are washed in the blood?

You must have missed the greater point referring to water cycles. It isn't simply just that particular observation.

So did the Bible! People knew about evaporation in the heat of the sun, and about rain falling from the sky. Of course they thought God, took the water from the ground and gave it back through rain. But they didn't know how it was done. Sheesh! They didn't even understand why there were rainbows!

This isn't about decomposition. It's about what people are comprised of and science did not even know what the earth was made of 500 years ago, let alone people.

It doesn't take an act of God, or a degree in chemistry, to understand that bodies decompose and go back into the earth. I'd be surprised if they thought anything else!

Sure they could've. Either way though it was clearly a finite amount that was visible.

Get real!

How did Noah know the perfect dimensions for seaworthiness? These were direct instructions from God.

Grow up! That story isn't true! No miracle around Noah's Ark.

At any rate, I thought the world was way, way advanced back then! Those pesky fallen angels gave man technology!

Neither can science. That part of evolution is not "fact".

It a far more proven fact than any of your Bible stories! Dinosaurs evolved into birds, and fish have evolved into amphibians. That's an undisputed fact!

edit on 26-9-2013 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2013 @ 09:58 PM
link   
reply to post by windword

All the major events of the Bible relate to the procession of the equinox, and the constellations in which the sun rose throughout a particular age, from Taurus to Aquarius.

Nope

How so? Not being able to break apart the sisters of the Pleiades, or remove Orion's belt doesn't suggest they understood gravitational force. Anyway, constellations aren't held together by gravity.

Yes. They are definitely held by gravity.

God asked Job “Can you bind the cluster of the Pleiades, Or loose the belt of Orion?” (Job 38:31). In the last century astrophysicists have discovered that the stars of Pleiades move in unison with each other, and are thus gravitationally bound. They have also discovered that the stars in the belt of Orion are free agents that are not gravitationally bound!6 Interestingly, the three stars that comprise Orion's belt appear to be closer together than the outer stars in the constellation, but are actually farther apart

Not reaching at all. Lucifer was a beautiful star, that fell to earth, according to the Bible. Ancient people thought meteorites were fallen angels!

It doesn't matter what ancient people say. The Bible does not consider constellations to be entities like you claimed.

Of course it is! Do you drink the blood of Jesus as the Eucharist? Don't Christians claim that they are saved by the blood of Jesus, that they are washed in the blood?

That's not blood worship. Christians don't worship blood nor did the Jews. The point is that blood has amazing healing powers and we didn't know that until very recently.

So did the Bible! People knew about evaporation in the heat of the sun, and about rain falling from the sky. Of course they thought God, took the water from the ground and gave it back through rain. But they didn't know how it was done. Sheesh! They didn't even understand why there were rainbows!

The Bible explained how this was done far before the scientific community figured it out

It doesn't take an act of God, or a degree in chemistry, to understand that bodies decompose and go back into the earth. I'd be surprised if they thought anything else!

How long have we had the periodic table?

Get real!

Looks finite to me man

Grow up! That story isn't true! No miracle around Noah's Ark.

So you subscribe that to aliens just like your boy Dawkins?

It a far more proven fact than any of your Bible stories! Dinosaurs evolved into birds, and fish have evolved into amphibians. That's an undisputed fact!

It's disputed. Only the most basic darwinistic mechanisms have been proven.

I guess more than anything I'll take solace in the fact that nothing the Bible says has been shown to be untrue while many things have been proven true. Prophecy has predicted current and obvious future events. It provides a perfect moral compass. It saves lives.

Also, it is most certainly not in disagreement with observed scientific evidence.

edit on 26-9-2013 by sdb93awd because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2013 @ 10:11 PM
link   
reply to post by borntowatch

Well, explain to me how your laptop works, or better still how does a 560 tonne aircraft stay in the air, or how does a 200'000 metric tonne aircraft carrier float?

posted on Sep, 26 2013 @ 10:40 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 26 2013 @ 11:29 PM
link   
Here is Dawkin's take on topic...

And on God...

I suggest all of those who have not seen those videos to invest some time and see them...
edit on 26-9-2013 by SuperFrog because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2013 @ 11:44 PM
link   

sdb93awd
It's not

Time after time you are telling that Bible is incorrectly translated... yet edition after edition we still have the same mistakes...

sdb93awd
So I guess all chapters of books need to end with a transitional paragraph that outlines the exact parameters of the following chapter?

No, it is better if is not precise, it leaves a room for mistakes... As Dr. Tyson said - first they will deny it, then they will say it is not in bible and third stage - they will say it was there all along...

sdb93awd
www.oldearth.org...

So it is not fictional this time, it is just miss-understatement of generation of translators...

sdb93awd

This is you ignoring the fact that a young earth is not dictated in scripture.

It's too bad for you and Dawkins that people don't cling to this archaic way of thinking in light of objective evidence to the contrary

Objective evidence?? What, that humans and dinosaurs coexisted...

sdb93awd

It's not better, it takes it to a new level and brings the gospel to the entire world just like it was prophecied.

The Qur'an promotes violence and other atrocities. How many Christian terror groups are prevelant?

Ask Muslims, they should better answer that to you than me. If you think that they have ownership on terrorism, you are delusional...

You are right, religion does take a human race to new level.... backwards... unfortunately...

sdb93awd
Catholicism was behind all of these things. Catholicism is a large human institution that perverts the gospel of Jesus for political and monetary gain. You can't blame God for those things. Sorry.

It was done in God's name, same fanatics that believed in Bible as word of a God... no different fundamental way of thinking... What Bible (and Qur'an) say about non-believers? What should be done with them?

A bit joke... we are not that much different...

posted on Sep, 27 2013 @ 06:34 PM
link   

Time after time you are telling that Bible is incorrectly translated... yet edition after edition we still have the same mistakes...

The Bible is not incorrectly translated. Hebrew simply contains less words than English and therefore has more meanings per word. The idea of a young earth is neither dictated nor of any importance to the Biblical meaning.

No, it is better if is not precise, it leaves a room for mistakes... As Dr. Tyson said - first they will deny it, then they will say it is not in bible and third stage - they will say it was there all along...

Not sure what you're attempting to get at. You made a point that the Bible doesn't explicitly state what the next chapter is going to be about and I pointed out how absurd that is. No book does that.

So it is not fictional this time, it is just miss-understatement of generation of translators...

The Hebrew word yom is not as explicit as the English word "day". It has more than one meaning due to the Hebrew language containing less words. Less words = more meanings per word

Objective evidence?? What, that humans and dinosaurs coexisted

No. The evidence here is that yom doesn't mean 24 hours. Scholars agree.

Dawkins only attacks young earthers or Catholics(human/religious institution). That is why he is afraid of thinking Christians such as Dr. Craig

Ask Muslims, they should better answer that to you than me. If you think that they have ownership on terrorism, you are delusional...

You are right, religion does take a human race to new level.... backwards... unfortunately...

How many people die at the hands of Christian extremists?

Who is the equivelent of the Christian al-queda?

Are you ever afraid of a Christian?

Make sure not to include former Catholic(man-made powerful religion) as part of your respnse

It was done in God's name, same fanatics that believed in Bible as word of a God... no different fundamental way of thinking... What Bible (and Qur'an) say about non-believers? What should be done with them?

No. Catholics at that time were forbidden from reading scripture. Thats why there was the protestant movement and thats why the evil Catholic institution got away with what it did.

The Bible says to love unbelievers and show them the light of Jesus. There is nothing there that condones the mistreatment of unbelievers or enemies. We aren't even allowed to become angry at somebody who wrongs us because that is akin to murder according to actual scripture.

The Quran explicitly states that unbelievers are to be killed if they don't convert or pay a tax. Unbelievers aren't even loved by Allah in the Quran. The Quran promotes takeover through violent/hostile means at all costs. That's why their "fundamentalists"(scripture believing) are generally a violent people whereas a fundamentalist Christian is generally extremely sheepish and harmless.

How many people die per year at the hands of Christian fundamentalists?

I know vast numbers of Christians die while trying to spread the gospel peaceably every single year. They will risk their lives to go to dangerous countries in order to save the souls of unbelievers. Muslims are told to do it different...
edit on 27-9-2013 by sdb93awd because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2013 @ 06:38 PM
link   

Who is the Christian equivelent of the al-queda?

Make sure not to include former Catholic(man-made powerful religion) as part of your respnse

No. Catholics at that time were forbidden from reading scripture. The Vatican controlled the information and it was in direct contadiction to scripture. Thats why there was the protestant movement and thats why the evil Catholic institution got away with what it did.

The Bible says to love unbelievers and show them the light of Jesus. There is nothing there that condones the mistreatment of unbelievers or enemies. We aren't even allowed to become angry at somebody who wrongs us because that is akin to murder according to actual scripture.

The Quran explicitly states that unbelievers are to be killed if they don't convert or pay a tax. Unbelievers aren't even loved by Allah in the Quran. The Quran promotes takeover through violent/hostile means at all costs. That's why their "fundamentalists"(scripture believing) are generally a violent people whereas a fundamentalist Christian is generally extremely sheepish and harmless.

How many people die per year at the hands of Christian fundamentalists?

I know vast numbers of Christians die while trying to spread the gospel peaceably every single year. They will risk their lives to go to dangerous countries in order to show others the good news of the grace of God. Muslims are told to do it different..

posted on Sep, 27 2013 @ 07:15 PM
link   
Dawkins is trying to destroy Christianity.

The further away our country gets from morality, the worse shape our country is in.

Lack of belief/conviction has led to the advent of all sorts of evil.........

-Hard work is no longer rewarded
-corporate greed is touted in business schools
-wastefulness is a way of life
-Mass shootings have become weekly events
-Half of our population has accepted psychotropic medication(and are now zombies with no concern)
-Lack of sexual self control is rampant and has destroyed natural sexuality and human monogomy as well as infected the minds of tens of millions with sexual imagery
-THE TRADITIONAL FAMILY HAS BEEN ALL BUT DESTROYED (you know....the best thing in the world)
-femininity and masculinity are not distinct
-women basically HAVE to work rather than take care of their children
-We've let our government steal our rights and commit atrocities across the globe because all we care about is the mesmerising crap we see in the media
-gambling is now touted
-our educational system has been dumbed down and rigged by tptb
-violent crime in all forms is on the rise
-we murder innocent children at a staggering rate(abortion) because we are selfish and dont want to take responsibility
-NOBODY CARES ABOUT ANYTHING
-We are 100% mesmerised by gadgets and have accepted a digital reality that is easily controlled by those in power
-our selfish ambitions are the forefront of society. It's not about US anymore, its about ME(facebook, etc)

People are weakening in their faith and that is exactly what tptb want. The NWO is on its way. The government has us by the balls and they're closing in on us. They have us just where they want us(lazy, stupid, nonchalant). Trust me..

Lets keep trying to destroy the gospel of LOVE. It's good for us right?

posted on Sep, 27 2013 @ 07:29 PM
link   

LOL!

Atheism to be Taught in School

In a historic move that will cheer Richard Dawkins, atheists in Ireland have secured the right to teach the republic's primary school children that God doesn't exist.

posted on Sep, 27 2013 @ 07:36 PM
link   
reply to post by windword

Congratulations on your victory. I'm sure that the more atheistic society becomes, the better things will be.

Science is bound to solve humankinds problems. We aren't really evil beings.......its just the Bible that's holding us back.

All that preaching about loving one another is archaic and only stupid people believe that love is the answer for the worlds problems. Science will eliminate evil without the need for love. Maybe one day we will finally evolve into emotonless robots and this good and evil stuff will subside.

Without God, world leaders won't be bound to evil anymore. Power will stop corrupting and our leaders will be able to figure everything out. One day hopefully we can have a globalist utopia and the people at the top will not be corrupted by that supreme power.

I can hardly wait to see how great things get when nobody believes in hope or love.

Without the Bible or moral guidelines, we'll basically turn into a utopia.

The good news for Christians, though, is that all of this is just confirming prophecy and therefore adding yet another data point for belief.

posted on Sep, 27 2013 @ 08:20 PM
link   
reply to post by borntowatch

What a weak argument it's getting old and worn out, there is no "faith" in science. It either is or isn't, and you have to have the balls to stand up and say " I don't know" people think by saying I don't know that they lose the argument or that the other side wins...no no no! It just means we haven't studied it enough or haven't gain the full amount of knowledge to be able to prove something. No faith at all!

Proving god is on the believer, it is not up to me to prove god for I don't claim that it exists, science requires proof, not faith it either is or isn't don't try to manipulate the argument to prove an illusion, you can no more prove a god than I cannot prove it but I can tell you things I've learnt!

When you close your eyes, enter a pitch black room, or black wilderness, what is there? Nothing! No ghosts no monsters, no demons, no spirits, nothing, no superstions, no help, no fail,nothing but YOU and what YOU decide is there, want to be there, or demand your brain to think it, I cannot prove that this isn't a giant experiment anymore than you can prove a god?

I would imagine Dawkins is tired of people putting their non reason on the table with his reason. No faith proof, prove god, prove spirits, prove anything with substantial put it in my hand proof and you will see that scientist, atheist, and agnostics will stand up and say holly hell I was wrong, I was wrong and I believe! But you can't, won't, and will never be able to prove a god!

I hate god as much as I hate the Easter bunny, Bigfoot, the man on the moon! They aren't real we created them, we created them when caveman first saw lightening hit a tree blast it to pieces and light it on fire, ohhh wow the power, the explosion of energy cannot be explain so it must be a very powerful entity in the sky that controls it, it's how the brain works it makes up BS to ensure to its self that it will be ok or overcome the fear!

It's all about fear, religion and god are all fear based characters created to ensure courage in those who fear death, illness, unanswered question, the future, wants, needs, being alone, it's all human thought, when we are extinct like the 99% of the creatures that ever lived here there will be no more gods, idols, or BS we create to cope with the downfalls of life!

And that's it Dawkin's is probably tired of having the same exact argument over and over and being attacked because he has a point of view as a biologist. He tired of beating the same dead horse.

But it is funny for the last 2k years of this horrible jealous heinous gods existence, if someone stood against it they were tortured in the most horrible ways one could think( hung drawn and quartered is one of my favorites) but now that we are able to voice our opinions in public, we are terrible people who should be sent to the fairy tale hell of their choice.

Guess what I hope there is a god, I have a few things to tell him before I'm destroyed, like his crappy 2k year old is boring, hateful and is in bad need of an update, I would ask why rape, murder, war, genocide, drugs, death, cannibalism, earthquakes, tsunamis, greed, if there truely was a god he would show up when the creatures he put on the little blue rock show up on his little grey rock for a pat on the back...good job you! Pedophiles lead his religions? I could go on and on that might be my hell because it would take me an eternity to explain what a failure as a god he is and how he must be ashamed to go around the other 2700 possible gods!

posted on Sep, 27 2013 @ 09:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Backinthesaddle

I feel for you. You are so incredibly naive and hateful towards something you've clearly been brainwashed about(I'm assuming you've read Dawkins)

Proving god is on the believer, it is not up to me to prove god for I don't claim that it exists, science requires proof, not faith it either is or isn't don't try to manipulate the argument to prove an illusion, you can no more prove a god than I cannot prove it but I can tell you things I've learnt!

The Bible offers proof to those who open their eyes to truth. I'd venture to guess that you "believe" a lot of things without having 100% observable proof.

When you close your eyes, enter a pitch black room, or black wilderness, what is there? Nothing! No ghosts no monsters, no demons, no spirits, nothing, no superstions, no help, no fail,nothing but YOU and what YOU decide is there, want to be there, or demand your brain to think it, I cannot prove that this isn't a giant experiment anymore than you can prove a god?

If I saw as strong of evidence for this being a simulation as I see for there being a God I would gladly switch viewpoints. Bible prophecy is astonishing; and it can only be the product of: aliens, God, or it is the greatest scheme ever dreamt of and executed over ~5000 years

I would imagine Dawkins is tired of people putting their non reason on the table with his reason

He does that all the time. The problem is that he only picks on the weakest of the bunch. He is afraid of thinking Christians because his only "points" are aimed at young earthers or Catholicism(human religion=evil)

I hate god as much as I hate the Easter bunny, Bigfoot, the man on the moon

Hate is NEVER the answer

It's all about fear, religion and god are all fear based characters created to ensure courage in those who fear death, illness, unanswered question, the future, wants, needs, being alone, it's all human thought, when we are extinct like the 99% of the creatures that ever lived here there will be no more gods, idols, or BS we create to cope with the downfalls of life

I agree with you on religion, but I strongly disagree about God. Read what Jesus has to say about living.

Even from a strictly utilitarian standpoint, the power of belief has helped countless people overcome life threatening addiction. I doubt that a turn to atheism has ever been the crux for an addict overcoming alcoholism, heroin addiction, or sexual perversion.

And that's it Dawkin's is probably tired of having the same exact argument over and over and being attacked because he has a point of view as a biologist. He tired of beating the same dead horse.

No he's not. It's his mission to destroy Christianity and he picks on the weakest of the bunch incessantly.

Have you seen his work?

I could easily berate gnostic atheists til the cows come home, but I would feel like a pathetic pile of crap for picking on people who obviously lack intelligence. He constantly does this and he constantly avoids intelligent Christians who aren't bound to unintelligent beliefs(young earth).

But it is funny for the last 2k years of this horrible jealous heinous gods existence, if someone stood against it they were tortured in the most horrible ways one could think( hung drawn and quartered is one of my favorites) but now that we are able to voice our opinions in public, we are terrible people who should be sent to the fairy tale hell of their choice.

Catholicism is not Christianity by any scriptural sense of the word.

You're blaming an incredibly large and powerful human institution for atrocities . That's what large human institutions do. (See: US Government)

It's just too bad that this is in direct contadiction with Jesus' love. Sorry.

Guess what I hope there is a god, I have a few things to tell him before I'm destroyed, like his crappy 2k year old is boring, hateful and is in bad need of an update, I would ask why rape, murder, war, genocide, drugs, death, cannibalism, earthquakes, tsunamis, greed, if there truely was a god he would show up when the creatures he put on the little blue rock show up on his little grey rock for a pat on the back...good job you! Pedophiles lead his religions? I could go on and on that might be my hell because it would take me an eternity to explain what a failure as a god he is and how he must be ashamed to go around the other 2700 possible gods

God didn't create worship robots.

Without free will(and hence evil), LOVE could not exist. Love is a choice that we all make and if we could see God, we would all tremble in fear and worship him no matter what. That's not love.

We do not understand the good/evil dynamic well enough to spew hatred at a God who apparently doesn't exist.....

IF he does exist though, the entity behind the beauty of the universe, love, nature, etc could easily provide perfect justice for humanity.

posted on Sep, 27 2013 @ 09:22 PM
link   

And you propose what exactly? A system wide adherence to the 'teachings' found in archaic middle eastern texts, and that's going to sort this mess out, right?

I would say this, that religious zeal, dogmatic fervency and blind faith are the among the core reasons that our society has evolved into what it is today, which incidentally is about as relatively barbarous as any time in human history. Your country sucks does it? Too bad.

There's no such thing as the good ol' days, they never existed. And for the morally indignant religious types things are always 'going to pot'. Better start praying.

edit on 27-9-2013 by seabhac-rua because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2013 @ 09:44 PM
link   
reply to post by seabhac-rua

And you propose what exactly? A system wide adherence to the 'teachings' found in archaic middle eastern texts, and that's going to sort this mess out, right?

Yes. These archaic, yet still relevant, teachings state that love is the answer. I agree.

The Christian gospel is only about love and grace.

It doesn't attempt to define a system, because man and his evil ways will pervert any system. On an individual level, though, love always rings true and it's the most relevant thing for individuals to worry about. We clearly have no control over tptb.

I would say this, that religious zeal, dogmatic fervency and blind faith are the among the core reasons that our society has evolved into what it is today, which incidentally is about as relatively barbarous as any time in human history. Your country sucks does it? Too bad.

Jesus is not a religion.

Also, society certainly hasn't been harmed by those who attempt to love everyone at all costs.

Religion is man-made. Jesus had a major problem with the "religious"...........read about his interactions with the Pharisees.

My country is still a great place to live for now, but that will soon change.

There's no such thing as the good ol' days, they never existed. And for the morally indignant religious types things are always 'going to pot'. Better start praying.

Yes. Things are absolutely worse now.

Try reading history and you might learn about complacent societies.

The family is destroyed and every statistical data point shows the merit of traditional families; even those who aren't "religious".

Also, just look at how incredibly stupid people in American society are. Seriously, just take it all in............

Our educational system and moral fabric is a joke. When Jersey shore stars are raising our television-indoctrinated children............we have a problem.

Things are getting worse. You know it.

posted on Sep, 28 2013 @ 12:01 AM
link   

sdb93awd

Ugandan Gay Execution Policies

Ugandans, Saudia Arabians, and Nigerians certainly would be. I personally am not, though, because I have protection in this country to speak my mind about them. In an intellectual debate, they lose 100% of the time. I'm happy to see Christians street-preaching; mmmmm, fresh meat.

Nobody would have to. Have you ever heard of this lovely church called Westboro Baptist, as well?

posted on Sep, 28 2013 @ 12:52 AM
link   

sdb93awd

In Bosnia and Herzegovina alone over 100K people, mostly civilian died by hand of Christian extremists/terrorists. If you don't count Africa, where you go way past 1 million... but I guess your and my definition of word 'terrorist' have different meanings...

Tell you the truth, I was afraid... not sure that you like to hear what those terrorist did to people that are not their religion... even other Christian's who did not agree to their extremism.
edit on 28-9-2013 by SuperFrog because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join