It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Brooklyn Family: Man Died Of Apparent Heart Attack After Cops Barged Into Home

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 17 2013 @ 08:37 PM
link   
Here's a story of police searching for a suspect in Brooklyn, NY. He was last seen running into an apartment complex. He's suspected of punching a young woman in the face & making off with her cell phone. NYPD began knocking on doors looking for the suspect & that's when disaster happened.

The man was scared to death by the police barging into his home, probably yelling, pointing guns while barking orders. According to the family nothing was done for 30 minutes after he collapses, but officers said they performed CPR, either way, according to the family they had to call for help even though there were 10 officers in the room.

newyork.cbslocal.com...

Carlos Alcis, 43, died of an apparent heart attack early Thursday morning after police entered his Brownsville home. Police said they knocked and that Alcis let them in; his family said officers barged in around 5 a.m. and the father of nine and others in the basement apartment were awakened during the commotion, WCBS 880′s Ginny Kosola reported.

“The police put the flashlight on my face,” said Emmanuel Alcis, Carlos Alcis’ 15-year-old son whom police initially believed was a suspect in the cellphone theft. “I look up, and I couldn’t see who was it.”

While police were inside the apartment, Carlos Alcis suffered an apparent heart attack. His family said the man had no history of heart problems.

Carlos Alcis’ brother, Rudy, said when the family awakened, police were already inside the apartment and that officers did nothing in the 30 minutes after Carlos Alcis fell to the ground. Officers said they performed CPR on Alcis, who was later pronounced dead at the scene.

“With more than 10 police officers inside of the house, my nephew here had to call 911 for my brother,” Rudy Alcis said.

Just disgraceful & a typical situation where the police have one story & the victims have another. An innocent life lost but they did eventually arrest a 16 year suspect, not connected to this family. Justice is served...

edit on 17-8-2013 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2013 @ 09:13 PM
link   
I have friends in the NYPD, so make no mistake I'm no rabid cop hater
, yet as a lifelong brooklynite my experience has shown that too many Cops round here are just thugs with badges, male and female. and a great many are just murderers with a get out of jail free pass

posted on Aug, 17 2013 @ 10:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Swills

Lets give these "men" a round of applause. Since when does an assault/theft warrant a home invasion. This isn't adding up to me.

posted on Aug, 18 2013 @ 09:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by dashen
I have friends in the NYPD, so make no mistake I'm no rabid cop hater
, yet as a lifelong brooklynite my experience has shown that too many Cops round here are just thugs with badges, male and female. and a great many are just murderers with a get out of jail free pass

friends? wow.. what character.

a friend is someone whom PROFITS AND PERPETUATES A corrupt system.. A friend is someone whom terrorizes poor people daily..

EVERY NYPD OFFICER DERSERVES TO DIE A PAINFUL BRUTAL TOTURE FILLED DEATH!!

why?

ENEMIES of the REPUBLIC IN THE FIRST ORDER --- THERE ARE NO BIGGER TRAITORS THAN NYPD!!

STOP AND FRISK.

NYPD = 100% THE WORST AMERICANS ------------- By far.

new topics

top topics

join