It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

MIRRORS, WHICH ONE IS ACCURATE?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 17 2013 @ 08:26 PM
link   
So, I've noticed for quite some time how my reflection changes according to mirror. In one mirror I will be much thinner than I am in another, where I appear much 'bulkier'.. WHAT is the deal with this? lol

How am I to know which mirror is accurate, as in what others actually see? What's the deal with this?

posted on Aug, 17 2013 @ 08:35 PM
link   
reply to post by TheIceQueen

Take a photo of yourself in the mirror. Compare the photo to the image. Sorry, that's all I've got.

posted on Aug, 17 2013 @ 08:42 PM
link   

Whichever mirror looks closer to what you wish it really looked like- keep it.
Get rid of the other one.

posted on Aug, 17 2013 @ 08:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheIceQueen
So, I've noticed for quite some time how my reflection changes according to mirror. In one mirror I will be much thinner than I am in another, where I appear much 'bulkier'.. WHAT is the deal with this? lol

How am I to know which mirror is accurate, as in what others actually see? What's the deal with this?

I don't have that problem.. I look fat in all the mirrors

posted on Aug, 17 2013 @ 08:45 PM
link   
Mirrors can be slightly bent, skewing the reflection causing you to look wider, thinner, taller or shorter. I have a cheap flimsy mirror that is just leaning up against the wall and can make my reflection appear skewed.

posted on Aug, 17 2013 @ 08:51 PM
link   
They are all accurate.

In their own way.

posted on Aug, 17 2013 @ 09:26 PM
link   
It doesn't matter which mirror you look in. You'll only ever see yourself the way you see yourself. It's easy to say that that's all that matters, but, it's something else to actually live it. It's funny, I just finished posing in my mirror after a tough workout and was not happy with my progress. I am actually pretty ok with myself most of the time, but I have a goal to reach by late winter for some stuntwork in Pirates OTC 5&6. Lot's of shirtless stuff, so this middle aged body has got a tough hill to climb. Otherwise, I do try to look at myself in the eyes when I look in the mirror and see myself as a complete person and not look at the miles that have tracked across my face. When I speak to someone, I keep my eyes on theirs. I search their eyes for the nuances of the story and after a short while and sometimes a little awkwardness, they start telling the story WITH their eyes. I see it come alive and I hear their heart in their voice. They enjoy reliving the story more than simply reciting it and when it's all done, it's like, well, without being rude, let's just say that the climax of the story is a little more intense. I began that practice when I was touring as a young single guy in stunt shows. I found out that chicks really dug it when I payed attention to what they were saying. What I found out was that I actually enjoyed listening to people more intensely. Win Win. So, I may not remember someone by how fat or skinny they are, but, if I ever see your eyes again, I'll know who you are then.
Plus, it was always helpful when I was fighting. Guys tend to telegraph their next move through their eyes.

I guess I said all of that to say this; Keep your eyes bright, your smile wide and to heck with what people think of how skinny or fat, tall or short that you are. But, ladies, do check the mirror to make sure you haven't tucked your dress into your pantyhose. LOL.

posted on Aug, 17 2013 @ 10:14 PM
link   

Move out of the fun house?

posted on Aug, 17 2013 @ 10:20 PM
link   
Even more, how do you know any of them are accurate?

posted on Aug, 17 2013 @ 11:57 PM
link   

It doesn't matter because beauty is only skin dee......
i tried
I tried to say it without laughing.....

posted on Aug, 18 2013 @ 12:00 AM
link   

MIRRORS, WHICH ONE IS ACCURATE?

The one reflected in a loved ones' eyes.

posted on Sep, 26 2013 @ 05:40 AM
link   

wirefly
It doesn't matter which mirror you look in. You'll only ever see yourself the way you see yourself.

^ That. Although i will also say you state of mind might also have something to do with it, just considering you have noticed that means that you probably are very concerned with how you look, or that you look at yourself a lot at the mirror, the same way that many woman look at the mirror and tend to see something extra or men something less or vice versa. My 2 cents anyway

top topics

join