It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Ancient Alien Theory: Do YOU Believe? Why?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 18 2013 @ 06:56 PM
link   
reply to post by GreyBeardDragon

Thanks. I don't know much about Scientology, as I couldn't afford the fees needed to explore the belief set in it's justice. So it gets bypassed. All that I know of Mr. Hubbard are the occult stories told about him running in the same circles as Crowley. Sex rituals, communications with ed/et non human intelligences, and other such occult things he was attributed. Not that there is anything wrong with some of those things. I just don't care for what I've read of the man, personally.

Just like Crowley, Buckland and others in those circles - something about their stories give me the Heebie jeebies. This Says nothing, to their rituals and belief sets they put in place. Those available for free I enjoy researching. But some of the stories surrounding these men's personal lives is distasteful from my perspective and practicalities. I'm sure had I been alive to meet these people when they lived, I may have very well changed my opinion. I'm often wrong and I refuse to set my own belief system in stone. Gotta leave roomm to grow, ya know. But alas, I am alive now, and not then. So I can only form opinions based on their own writings and second hand accounts to their character.

Cirque

posted on Aug, 18 2013 @ 07:49 PM
link   
reply to post by TheIceQueen

A couple of possible clues, for me anyway, are in the Bible's Old Testament.

The first one in Genesis, right in the first chapter; where God tells the man and woman to go out and 'replenish' the world. This is right after He created it. This suggests that this might not be the first time man has been deposited here.

A second clue would be from the book of Job. God is having a meeting of all the leaders of the various worlds (Adam was titled a 'son of God'); and this 'meeting' included all such. Adam had given up his place to "Lucifer" by not accepting responsibility for his actions; the same arch-angel that had been throw out of Heaven, the same being that had tricked the woman into disobedience. For me, this tells me we aren't alone in this Universe.

Both of these examples, from the same reference, tells me that our ancestors knew, and acknowledged that there were visitations from 'Out There'... Someplace.

These are just two examples. But... I'm a Believer in aliens.

posted on Aug, 18 2013 @ 07:57 PM
link   

Is it plausible that Aliens visited in humanities distant past and were so technologically advanced that they were mistaken for God's. YES! In fact it is more likely than the story we currently tell ourselves. Believing it requires faith, oogah boogah spooky words. I don't know for sure but if I had to take bets I wouldn't give very good odds on Ancient Aliens.

posted on Aug, 18 2013 @ 08:30 PM
link   

My dos centavos:

I have no 'hardcore' evidence to 'prove' ancient aliens built anything or even showed up. Most of what I have seen on TV or read is speculation.

However, I think the reason we are even having this discussion is the historical record is so scant when it comes to 'hardcore evidence' of anything. Sure we have bits and pieces, educated guesses in the text books.

To the layman? The AA theory is almost as plausible as some of the human-based theories. While I am not on board with UFO's moving 50 ton slabs of granite around, I sure as heck do not believe it was done with some ropes and logs because some dude did a absurdly scaled down, sort-of type of thing in his back yard. It's like saying I can grow a lettuce plant in my kitchen so I am vastly more qualified to speculate on how an agri-business is run. The dude on the street looks at both as similarly vague and speculative.

posted on Aug, 18 2013 @ 08:56 PM
link   

I believe it's more or less the gist of what is going on because it answers all the crazy riddles and anomalies around the world.

posted on Aug, 18 2013 @ 10:03 PM
link   
Yes I do believe, and my reasons why would take forever to post.

However, I am working on a thread that states my case based on my extensive research. I't won't be ready for quite some time though.

posted on Aug, 19 2013 @ 01:18 AM
link   
Missing Poll Option:

"I want to believe"

posted on Aug, 19 2013 @ 07:49 AM
link   

6000 - 8000 years ago your Ancient Astronauts, aka, Peoples of the Sirian / Orion Alliance attempted to colonize the Earth.

ALL of your Ancient Astronaut stories are tales of this single event. Most of your myth, legend, and religion is also based on this.

This attempt left y'all changed forever.

posted on Aug, 19 2013 @ 09:26 AM
link   
reply to post by roncoallstar

I can't wait to read this post that you're working on! AA theory is very interesting to me

posted on Aug, 19 2013 @ 09:27 AM
link   
reply to post by tanka418

Woah...that video was awesome

posted on Aug, 19 2013 @ 11:19 AM
link   
The theory I never hear much about: that humans got technologically advanced enough to go educate others on the planet, and then left....and whoever didn't leave with them, the human race restarted here, minus any technology. I also think they cleared out every bit of evidence (for whatever reason) when they did leave.

no 'ancient aliens' needed.

posted on Aug, 19 2013 @ 01:19 PM
link   
There are very good points for agreement with pieces of the Ancient Alien theory. The missing link "jump" is one, for me, as far as the evolving of the DNA of the species. And, as for building structures, construction methods like Puma Punka, the "H" blocks done with such precision certainly leave me without a concrete (no pun intended) conclusion.

posted on Aug, 19 2013 @ 02:25 PM
link   
reply to post by wylekat

Not trying to demean your opinion or anything, but i just feel like that is harder to believe than the AA theory.

posted on Aug, 19 2013 @ 03:45 PM
link   

I believe in other life forms, and as everyone has pointed out from time to time, If they made it into our galaxy from some other galaxy or far off place then obviously they are ahead of humans. I'm not so sure they are more intelligent, as in move the human race on so that the age of earth is the same as the age of the planet those travellers come from and compare them on that basis. it could be that we are the more intelligent ones, but for all of that belief it is sometimes brought into doubt, because of interfering governments, who have way too much freedom. they dupe people all the time, they cause ufo sightings deliberately. but not to get people to believe but to keep people confused, I guess for people of the everyday life on this planet it may as well have aliens in power, where's the difference, no one can get in communication with their governments. they couldnt give a damn for anyone not anyone.. they tell you what you want to hear, not what they intend. so believing in aliens is not easy, with people themselves making hoaxs, and the governments lying and cheating and deceiting.. see its not just a simple case of watch the sky,,,, but without getting into big deep physics etc I believe in life forms elswhere probably millions of planets with some kind of life, some are going to wander into our galaxy at some point which they do. and whats the big deal with that, why would it be so so unbelievable if we went to the moon and when we got there some other life forms were also there exploring, wouldn't it be the same for them to see us .... its no big deal and is very logical to accept other life forms in the areas around us far or near,,,, its just common sense really..... good post thanks

posted on Aug, 20 2013 @ 06:01 AM
link   
reply to post by wylekat

I guess the reason you never hear anyone backing that theory is that there is no evidence whatsoever to support that sort of claim, unless you have something to present.

Every single legend and myth of our origins is a variation of the same thing, they all say something came from the stars. Could they really all be lying and it's all just a coincidence? Not likely in my mind..

posted on Aug, 20 2013 @ 10:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by roncoallstar
reply to post by wylekat

I guess the reason you never hear anyone backing that theory is that there is no evidence whatsoever to support that sort of claim, unless you have something to present.

Precisely the same is true for the AA "theory" - no evidence whatsoever.

Originally posted by roncoallstar
Every single legend and myth of our origins is a variation of the same thing, they all say something came from the stars. Could they really all be lying and it's all just a coincidence? Not likely in my mind..

No, it's not a coincidence. It's a falsehood.

You express here your own personal belief. If you knew anything about world mythology, you would never have made such a claim.

The VAST majority of ancient gods, for example, came into being right here on Earth. ALL the major gods of every religion were here from the beginning, or shortly thereafter were born (or made) right here on Earth.

Please try to name a few - or even one - that "came from the stars."

Harte

posted on Aug, 20 2013 @ 11:11 AM
link   
As for Puma Punku: stolen from another site:

Red sandstone is relatively soft (for stone) and can be worked abrasively. Other, harder stone materials such as feldspar, nephrite jade, garnet, beryls and quartz are readily available in that area.

Many native peoples utilized a miniature bow (as in bow and arrow weapons) with a loose 'draw string', a separate straight stick, a socketed head stone (with a small hemispherical cavity on one side) a hemispherical cavity in a block of wood placed on the ground with a bit of kindling in it to start fires. Any Boy or Girl Scout knows about this tool and can use one to light a fire.

If one takes the straight stick that is rotated to produce the friction that starts the fire, splits one end, inserts a sharp piece of quartz into the split, ties twine around it to squeeze the wood tight onto the stone, then covers the twine with tree resin or tar, the stick becomes a drill bit when rotated in the apparatus.

To drill holes through harder materials like jade, the drilling end of the straight stick is left flat, garnet or sapphire sand is placed under the bottom end of the stick, a bit of water is applied to the meet surface then the stick is rotated like a drill bit, pressing the hard sand into the work - piece. The accuracy of the holes is entirely dependent on the skill of the artisan.

Top notch solid geometry has been around for a very long time, even in South America, so has very sophisticated stone working. Measuring devices are not complicated to make and use to assure accuracy to within 1/10 of a millimeter or better. A decent artisan can eyeball accuracy better than 1/10 millimeter, contemporary workers and graders in the gem and jewelery industry do that every day and we all know that "practice makes perfect".

The only photo I could find quickly is this one of a hand - powered fire starting drill. The straight stick is moved by holding it between the 2 hands and rolling it back and forth until the kindling temperature (451 F) is reached and the kindle ignites.

paleoplanet69529.yuku.com...

A longer straight stick can be split up the side and multiple pieces of stone inserted in the breach in a straight line. They are then adhered in place with melted tree sap or tar. This tool can then be employed as a saw or a scraper, depending on the direction the artisan moves it. "Cross hatching" (sets of orthogonal scrapings) with the tool as a scraper assures a large flat surface. (This is termed "hand lapping") It can also be used as an axe, either for cutting down trees and working wood or for cutting down enemies and making war.

A straight line can be laid out on a large block of stone with a chalk line - just a piece of string that is covered with powdered chalk or charcoal, held at both ends, then snapped onto the stone by lifting the string against tension on both ends and releasing it to transfer the powdered material onto the rock. Hand tools do the rest.

The stone 'blanks' (rough rock pieces of approximate correct size that have not yet been worked but have been taken from the quarry wall) can be removed from the rock face by fire heating an area then quenching it with water to open up small cracks ("spalls") in the stone, Wooden wedges are then hammered into selected spalls and they are opened up into fissures. Stone hammers are used to shape and clean the rough blanks into close approximation of the desired finished workpiece.

The whole process is extremely labour - intensive, but it has been done by many people in many countries around our world through the centuries. The technology is neither complex or recent, and did not involve aliens or magic beyond the skill and perseverance of the artisans and the support of their cultures.

Now some imput from me:

Now as for the difficultys in working stone, its not as hard as you think, its only as strong as what its made of, various crystals. Now crystals all have a point of faliure no matter how hard they are.

Diamond is the hardest substance we know off, but however can be realativly easily shattered if you hit it just right due to way these things work on an atomic scale.

Hit a rock one way all day and nothing happens, hit it another way and suddenly cracks propergate through it like crazy as crystal structures fail.

For your edification, this is what gabbro looks like under a microscope in thin section:

Even the ugliset of rocks in a microscopic beauty

Spent four years of my life and a goodly chunck of money looking at em, still amazes me to this day.
edit on 20-8-2013 by rocksandstuff because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2013 @ 04:58 PM
link   
Evidence to support the Ancient Aliens Hypothesis

The Hopi Indians have a rich history with evidence to suggest, that visitors from the skies came down from outer-space. They tell tales of a golden race of people coming down to earth in flying boats. Here is a link, to read more about the Hopi, and their tales. They also seem to be particularly interested in a certain area of the stars. Out of all the constellations, and different star clusters - guess which one interested them most? I bet you can guess. Don't want to guess, okay, I'll just tell - it's not Sirius, but Orion.
Yep, still one of the three most common star systems mentioned in the UFO phenomenon. If it's not Sirius or the Pleiades, it's Orion.

The Hopi/Extraterrestial Connection

The ancient flying machines of ancient India and Tibet, including their descriptions of nuclear like holocaust, is always of interest in this area of study. Take a look for yourself.

Ancient Flying Machines

The Brazilian tribe natives have a tale about Bep-Kororoti. Space warrior, or time traveler? Or is this just a silly tale they told one another to entertain and pass time?

A Light in the Darkness

The Egyptians tell of an age when the sky gods came down to Earth and helped create it. They traveled through the air in flying boats (there was no equivalent in those days for plane - so they described them as boats that flew through the air. Just as the Chippewa did with their Gin-Gwins. They brought law and wisdom through the Pharaohs.

The Technology of the Gods

The Aborigines creation myths of the Wandjina have parallels that closely align with the UFO/Alien hypothesis. Wow. All across the world - no matter the culture, or how isolated they were. It doesn't matter! Go figure.

Aboriginal Culture and the Possible UFO Connection

We all know about the Sumerian's Annunaki and I won't provide links or go into much detail on this aspect. But one of the important things I think should be pointed out - the Annunaki were not consider gods or deities while they were here. With Abraham's brilliant idea towards world domination and control through the ancestral memory of all cultures, remembering, when they were here, I think he held the key to why they left. Which will, following down the line, lead you into the Gnostics 'Archons'. Which leads into the biblical variation of the 'Nephilim' and so on. These area's of religious thought, I believe, tells us why they were evicted from our planet by another powerful advanced entity among the stars. Their forceful eviction should remind us I think, that should these beings return, they should be met with caution and suspicion. They were very naughty and evicted because of it, for their sin. Should beings return from the stars and set down on Earth, I for one will not be taking a knee and raising my hands toward the sky in worship.

As a side note to Harte, in an earlier post in response to me on the Tuatha De Danann. There have been no snakes on Ireland - as in real snakes - since the last Ice Age, and I'm not referring to the little ice age either. Well before St. Patrick ever landed on their island to teach them the "right" way and exorcise the 'old' ways, snakes were not on Ireland. So who were the snakes that he drove out of Ireland with his magical staff? Well, Druids also were called 'adders' which is the old English word for serpent. Snake worship was global in ancient days - which explains present day modern's religions fear and hate of the serpent. It was the Druids, the 'snake people' who were driven out of Ireland and forced out. Not actual snakes.

As to certain subjects not being worthy of my or anyone's time. Well now, that's a matter of taste and opinion to, is it not? I think, the correlations between the 'fey' and 'grey' to be of immense interest.

Blessings,
Cirque

edit on 20-8-2013 by CirqueDeTruth because: clarification of thought

posted on Aug, 20 2013 @ 09:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by CirqueDeTruth
The Hopi Indians have a rich history with evidence to suggest, that visitors from the skies came down from outer-space. They tell tales of a golden race of people coming down to earth in flying boats. Here is a link, to read more about the Hopi, and their tales. They also seem to be particularly interested in a certain area of the stars. Out of all the constellations, and different star clusters - guess which one interested them most? I bet you can guess. Don't want to guess, okay, I'll just tell - it's not Sirius, but Orion.
Yep, still one of the three most common star systems mentioned in the UFO phenomenon. If it's not Sirius or the Pleiades, it's Orion.

The Hopi/Extraterrestial Connection

A weak-minded individual's blog is not a reference for any Hopi mythology. I suggest that anyone interested in actual Hopi mythology try one of the following websites:
Link 1
Five links to Hopi legends listed there.

Many more here.

Originally posted by CirqueDeTruthThe ancient flying machines of ancient India and Tibet, including their descriptions of nuclear like holocaust, is always of interest in this area of study. Take a look for yourself.

I've looked, for decades now, and your link to an idiot's web posting is not a reference to the many unmistakably fantastic depictions from the Vedas.

As an example of exactly how bogus your source is, note the supposed "quote" from the Mahabharata I found on the same page (and same section) of the site you linked:

"Gurkha, flying in his swift and powerful Vimana, hurled against the three cities of the Vrishnis and Andhakas a single projectile charged with all the power of the Universe. An incandescent column of smoke and flame as bright as the thousand suns rose in all its splendour...An iron thunderbolt, a gigantic messenger of death, which reduced to ashes the entire race of the Vrishnis and the Andhakas....The corpses were so burned as to be unrecognizable. The hair and nails fell out; pottery broke without apparent cause, and the birds turned white....After a few hours all foodstuffs were infected.... To escape from this fire, the soldiers threw themselves in streams to wash themselves and their equipment..."

[ The Mahabharata ]

The above is not found in the Mahabharata. In fact, it is an elaboration on a lie told years earlier by Charles Berlitz, who got the fable from some Frenchmen who wrote "Morning of the Magicians" in 1960. The version in the quote above was first put in print by David Hatcher Childress.
Source (PDF)
What should any rational person take away from a web page claiming information about ancient Indian texts that "quotes" non-existing Vedic Text?

Originally posted by CirqueDeTruthThe Brazilian tribe natives have a tale about Bep-Kororoti. Space warrior, or time traveler? Or is this just a silly tale they told one another to entertain and pass time?

Turns out it's neither: Source

Originally posted by CirqueDeTruthThe Egyptians tell of an age when the sky gods came down to Earth and helped create it.

Not even true. Egyptian gods were created right here on Earth, according to AE mythology. Just like the Greek ones

Originally posted by CirqueDeTruthWe all know about the Sumerian's Annunaki and I won't provide links or go into much detail on this aspect. But one of the important things I think should be pointed out - the Annunaki were not consider gods or deities while they were here.

Sorry, but in fact they certainly were considered gods, and there's no evidence they were "here" anymore than there is evidence that Harry Potter was "here."

Originally posted by CirqueDeTruth
Well before St. Patrick ever landed on their island to teach them the "right" way and exorcise the 'old' ways, snakes were not on Ireland. So who were the snakes that he drove out of Ireland with his magical staff? Well, Druids also were called 'adders' which is the old English word for serpent. Snake worship was global in ancient days - which explains present day modern's religions fear and hate of the serpent. It was the Druids, the 'snake people' who were driven out of Ireland and forced out. Not actual snakes.

If that's your reason for calling them the "snake people," then have at it. Just realize that you made it up yourself.

Harte

posted on Aug, 20 2013 @ 09:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Harte

Thank you Harte. For response to the post.

We will have agree to disagree. I entertain the alien hypothesis theory and you do not. What else can be said, except arbitrary discourse on our opinion on what scholars of the past meant from a time reference of now? It,s all subjective, and dependent upon personal world view.

Some people view that we are the pinnacle of sentient individual consciouness. Others, like myself don't and fall into various camps to explain deities, anomolies and such.

To continue further would be akin to two individuals of different view standing on opposite side of the river trying to hit one another with stones, yelling, 'See it my way, you are wrong.' But here is the thing, I'm fully aware I could be wrong and don't deny it. So when I read your posts, I can step outside my own notions, to entertain yours.

For me, the AA hypothesis fills in all the missing pieces. I enjoy the hypothesis, it is one of my favorites to entertain.

Peace,
Cirque

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join