It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Ancient Alien Theory: Do YOU Believe? Why?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 18 2013 @ 02:09 PM
link   
I subscribe to the ancient aliens theory and believe that before government cover-up more people reported seeing them and that they made the papers frequently. If we were here long long ago, 3. whatever million years and looked like apes then. where did we come from before the mammal? I was watching a program the other night (can't remember the title) and they were talking about traits that we still have carried over from our evolution.

1. hiccup response, from when we crawled out of the water and started to breathe air. how does a fish or reptile transform into a mammal and go from birthing eggs to live birth?
2. the automatic response of 'jerking oneself awake' when falling asleep, their explanation is that we do this because it would wake us up so we don't fall out the tree and get eaten by the animals.

If we evolved this way, how did the leap happen? How did we change/evolve from the ape, apes don't seem to be carrying on the process and changing into humans now? An ape looks like every other ape, don't know how they tell each other apart, but we on the other hand all look different, why is that and why are we the only species, besides dogs and who most evolved from wolves and we breed to be the different breeds they are today? Not sure about the dingo, and dogs of early Egypt.

I think aliens had something to do with our being here and come by to check on us from time to time.

posted on Aug, 18 2013 @ 02:22 PM
link   
I think we've been in contact with technologically advanced beings before. Perhaps even more than once. Who they were and where they came from is difficult to say: our own Solar System? Other galaxies or dimensions? Earth itself? We can only speculate ...

The reason why I believe the above is probably due to the sum of many indirect & vague hints that point to something that lies beyond our common understanding of history:

- maybe it's because of the Great Pyramids?
- or other awe-inspiring megalithic structures?
- perhaps ancient decorations that remind us of technical blueprints?
- or because of biblical passages referring to cherubim, angels & chariots?

The point being that all this makes it really hard to imagine that our ancient cultures didn't see or witness advanced technology of some sort, at some point in time. But where's the solid & bullet-proof evidence? The lack thereof is what's buggin' me a bit. Could 'they' possibly have had a good reason to try and leave behind the least amount of direct traces of their presence here on Earth?

I think such a scenario is not entirely impossible: what would 'we' do if we ourselves encountered an inferior species lightyears away? This had been explored in this thread and the majority seems to think that direct contact should be avoided or at least be extremely limited. An interesting point of view, IMO, but perhaps there are other reasons why we haven't found that irrefutable and bullet-proof evidence as of yet (or have we?).

Obviously, I don't have any better answers. But for me - personally - the available indications throughout our recorded history are 'evidence' enough to assume that we have indeed been in contact with a superior intelligence or species at some point in the past.
edit on 18-8-2013 by jeep3r because: text

posted on Aug, 18 2013 @ 02:29 PM
link   
reply to post by whatnext21

I have come across a theory that states that an alien race has gone to many many different planets and have spliced their own DNA with the DNA of the most intelligent life form of that particular planet. Earth just happened to be Apes. If this theory is true, which I'm not saying it is, but i definitely havent ruled it out at all, then we have "relatives" on various planets all over the cosmos.

posted on Aug, 18 2013 @ 03:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by halfoldman
I'd say for me the sudden rise of modern humans with art and religious ideas over a short time-span may suggest some interventionism.

That's the top, most closely guarded secret even though there is no direct evidence and the idea can be "debunked" before the public curious eyes and ears.

The intervention in favor of Homo sapiens wasn't done the way we help each other - the means were and are completely different and beyond our imagination.

posted on Aug, 18 2013 @ 03:31 PM
link   
I think there is too much evidence to list in a single post and way too much to dismiss.

It boggles the mind how all this information could be purposefully covered up throughout the world for so long.

People either are too brainwashed by religion or are paid in an attempt to debunk.

I believe 100% in AA theory. More like fact imho!

Does Ancient Alien series on history channel have everything correct? Doubtful as no one is perfect.

posted on Aug, 18 2013 @ 03:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by whatnext21
I think aliens had something to do with our being here and come by to check on us from time to time.

Yes, the human evolution hasn't been natural process. It's been done the way plants are genetically altered, even though there are big differences. You take species, alter the genetic information in the sex cells and put them back to breed. Basically, we are the result of alien scientific research on intelligent life forms in the universe. They lost evidence of their own origin and so they were experimenting with evolution. Interesting feature is that some of the early humans were taken to the "place" out there, which is symbolized by the concept of heaven, and were developed in other various ways.

posted on Aug, 18 2013 @ 03:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jahari
reply to post by TheIceQueen

No I believe in alien life but I think the wonders of our past was the product of human ingenuity. I think we have been around longer and accomplished more then we know. Who knows, maybe ufo's aren't alien afterall and just our ancestors coming to visit their home planet.

--
You know, I lean towards the same ideal. But I also think aliens perhaps wandered in from time to time, perhaps ancient man had dealings with them.
Then again I think man had dealings with not only aliens from other parts of the universe, but with highly advance forms of life, inter-dimensionally.
Something happened in the past that was so profound that it literally erased everything achieved, which can be used to explain mankind's quick advancement, technologically speaking, wright brothers to F22 raptor in a little over a hundred years...
Maybe the answer is deep underground or perhaps some far off human outpost bordering the edge of our solar system, now that would be something.

posted on Aug, 18 2013 @ 04:00 PM
link   
How can anyone be dumb enough to think humans built giant megalithic sites with boulders weighing from 5 tons to 1000 tons? I mean really give me a break.
Use sails and giant rollers to roll these perfectly cut boulders for hundreds of miles in the desert? Then precisely aligned with the orion constellation and sirius?

Todays equipment COULD NOT do the same thing with enormous cranes and whatnot, and our forefathers with primitive tools did

As though that is not enough we have pyramids in bosnia, central america, south america, china, the moon, etc.

There is ZERO WAYS to debunk any of this. Sorry I believe in common sense, not fairy tales!

posted on Aug, 18 2013 @ 04:18 PM
link   
I think there are aliens out there, but I don't think they've visited us.

The "aliens visited proof" consists of two things:

The "I can't think of a way to do this myself, therefore they couldn't think of a way, either" proof and the "I can look at this tablet/painting and just TELL what they meant" (Sitchin, etc) -- totally ignoring the fact that the ancients actually WROTE what they meant on that painting/stele/tablet/tomb wall and not sitting down and going to the trouble of reading what was written (or looking up the translations.)

posted on Aug, 18 2013 @ 04:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Shiloh7

UFOs the Secret Evidence is almost a decade old now and Nick Cook is a defence journalist so I guess has a certain level of access to things we don't. It is an interesting programme and basically promotes the slant that the US and it's Allies created most of the post war UFO myths but a number of cases remain unsolved.

However the Lonnie Zamora UFO re-creation seemed totally wrong to me. It starts about 50 mins into the video and the CGI craft looks nothing like Zamora described in his reports.

Anyway Ancient Aliens. Who knows? If they were once here why have we never found any of their high technology. If the aliens came where did they hide it all? Ancient monuments still stand. So do we have to believe they took all their tools and rubbish with them like good environmentalists or hid it from us?

As for religious texts. Can we trust them? They are a translation of a translation of a story someone scribed thousands of years ago that have been twisted by men to promote their agendas in some cases.

We simply don't know. Maybe we are the product of an advanced civilization that had to leave Mars to settle on it's young neighbour after a war /disaster in the Solar System that destroyed it. Maybe we aren't giving enough credit to the skills and knowledge of our ancestors.

posted on Aug, 18 2013 @ 04:24 PM
link   
I don't know what to think about this to be honest, but if we read Genesis it sure as hell sounds more like a sci-fi script than some mystical dude in the sky.

And the Abrahamic faith isn't the only one either, a lot of the pagan religions mention similar events although their moral conundrums are sometimes different. Lucifer is the same as Prometheus for example, yet Heimdallr is the same too, he is actually hailed and revered for showing mankind technology and knowledge.

posted on Aug, 18 2013 @ 04:25 PM
link   
No belief
But I do enjoy speculating and reading up on the latest of the theory.

I think there is enough evidence to not dismiss it entirely.

posted on Aug, 18 2013 @ 04:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Indellkoffer

Humans watching the process and maybe even helping the extra-terrestrials with their all powerful tractor beams is one thing(and then labeling them as gods), and saying humans were able to roll 100 ton perfectly square boulders and then to align them exactly with the orion constellation is quite another thing.

Think of the enormous complexities and how tough it is to cut granite and marble for a moment. Today we use diamond blade saws and enormous cranes that is doubtful they could lift anything more than 50 tons of dead weight. In some areas like syria there are 1000 ton boulders!

And the pyramids in central america that are clearly visible and used by the mayans and aztecs for ritual purposes match the pyramids of egypt. The pyramids of china and bosnia are covered with soil and grass to make them look like natural mounds, but they are anything but mounds.

I personally think they were electrical powerplants that sent electricity into the atmosphere much like nicola tesla envisioned thousands of years later. No wires needed like we have today. Or they could have been high powered planet busting exotic energy weapons. Isnt that why we are missing a planet between mars and jupiter? Some people are suspecting it got blown up.

posted on Aug, 18 2013 @ 04:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chargeit

I have a link to a video a guy made explaining where AA is not only wrong about many things, but also just plain lies about stuff. Really, I think people assume that if someone claims it's true, it has to be. That's bs, I can make any claims I want, create any dilemma I want to support said claims. Than, if my ideas are the ones that bring viewers than they'll be the ones that will get a show. Who cares if all of my facts are even outright lies, or just oversights of clear overwhelming evidence to the contrary.

If you really want to find out some answers, watch the video. It's about 4 hours long, but you can watch some now, some later. The guy gives full references to everything he mentions, unlike AA, which makes claims, with no true supporting evidence.

Be warned, he stays on the same subject for the first 45 min - 1 hour. After that, he just explodes on it. The guy did his research.

You can watch individual parts of this vid, each part pertaining to each separate class of ridiculous claims, at the website of the vid's creator:
link.

That way you don't have to sit through such a long film.
Under the frame at the link above, you can find links to the shorter pieces.

Harte

posted on Aug, 18 2013 @ 05:13 PM
link   

Here is the problem, if you believe in advanced ancient technology you have 4 options

1 Aliens visited earth

2 Atlantis, an advanced human civilization

3 Aliens mated with humans and human/alien hybrids had an advanced civilization, Atlantis.

4 Humans ARE aliens, ie we are from another planet.

As for aliens in general the majority of people believe we are not the only lifeforms in the universe so If you don't believe in aliens your actually a minority in our current age

edit on 18-8-2013 by LUXUS because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2013 @ 05:23 PM
link   
reply to post by LUXUS

yeah it's like 80% believe!

posted on Aug, 18 2013 @ 05:56 PM
link   
Nope, not at all. I think there were some 'divine' forces at work, old ghosts incarnate with a vision for mankind beyond what the common man could conceive. I also think it's somewhat insulting and ethnocentric to assume these cultures were incapable of such feats.

There is no doubt in my mind there is other life out there, but almost all of it would likely be on the micro scale; extremely dangerous to come in contact with.

If there was a one in a trillion chance intelligent life on par with a sovereign conglomerate such as ours were to exist in our galactic neighborhood, they would look nothing like human beings. That's what kills me about most science fiction. If we were to actually came in contact with these things, they would probably be terrifying no matter the intention.

posted on Aug, 18 2013 @ 06:28 PM
link   
reply to post by CirqueDeTruth

The 'sick dudes' name was L. Ron Hubbard. He made a fortune selling his version of psycho-anal-ysis. I apologize if I have offended anyone here. I have found that most professional counselors use a form of what he promoted. The difference being that in his system the counselor does not tell you what you are feeling, you do. And then you start over again, continuing this process until you feel nothing about whatever you sought counseling for in the first place. It's somewhat Freudian but without any reference to sex.

It was developed to become a lifestyle, a philosophical way of living ones life. Then, somebody decided to turn it into a religion, in order to avoid taxes.

posted on Aug, 18 2013 @ 06:47 PM
link   
Doomcake

Looking like us is rather subjective. Take for instance the T-Rex, does he look like us? I would say that there are more similarities than there are differences.

It is rather telling that life has risen and fallen on this planet and at no stage has being multi-limbed (more than 4) been found as an advantage to the higher life forms. if we follow this through then we must admit that a higher life form would need at least one set of "hands" so bipedal is the way to go.

Any higher alien life form would also, at some stage, have been the apex predator on their planet. If the Earth is any comparison then it is highly likely that that they would have been a prey animal that became a predator. Why? An apex predator does not need intelligence, just instinct. A prey animal needs to outsmart the predator and they are very likely to have been pack animals. In any event, they would have developed forward stereo vision because that is the cheapest way to get 3D vision. Only two eyes.

So what does that leave us with? Two hands, two feet and two forward facing eyes. They will need a sense of smell and of hearing, unless of course they are massively more advanced, telepathy and whatnot.

posted on Aug, 18 2013 @ 06:50 PM
link   
Something has been going on for a very long time. The site of Puma Punka (not sure of the spelling) is incredible. Blocks of granite with details that could not have been created using any ancient bronze technologies, it is just beyond belief. There is also a cutout, etched in stone, that defies description. And who knows how much is still left below the ocean waiting to be discovered.

Did they create us? No, sorry, don't believe that part, and this isn't a religious thread, so I'll stay off that subject. But alien beings that use technology and spaceships have been a part of human history in some way. There's just too much evidence to believe otherwise.

EDIT: But, Ancient Aliens, the Series, is a ridiculous show. Absolutely no counter evidence is ever presented, and it's just some guys blaming every possible thing on aliens. Next show: Dinosaur crap... did ancient aliens feed them too much starch? I think not.
edit on 18-8-2013 by MRSeeker because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join