It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Ancient Alien Theory: Do YOU Believe? Why?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 17 2013 @ 08:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cosmic911
This topic has been discussed ad naseum here on ATS. Though interesting, however, Sitchin, Van Daniken, and Georgios are master manipulators.

That series made me do a total U-turn on any thoughts I had about the ancient alien theory. The fact that in the series they make up blatant lies that even I could, with my limited knowledge, could not so much disprove but question severely. They especially love to put it in your head that there is no possible way of certain things happening without intervention and that what they say is right.

posted on Aug, 17 2013 @ 08:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bone75
I agree with the previous posters. Humans have risen and fallen many times over the course of history. Look how far we've come in just the last 100 years.
I think you'll enjoy the second thread in my sig.

I'd say you'd have apretty strong understanding of things more or less.
I S&F you thread!

That said,

There does appear to be a few "root" races on this little marble. Do we all orignally hail from this little blue planet? # if I know....

If our great, great, great, great, great, great, geat, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, great, ancenstors did in fact identify a mass extinction event and managed to get in front of it and survived on Mars, moon, venus or where ever, why not get in contact with us? Why lurk around in the skies possibly abducting people when they sleep?

Something happened some 6000+ years ago that anyone who knows clearly doesn't want to talk about it.

What I have gleamed from my years and years of reading, trying to distinguish from real and fantasy is this.

Sometime in our past a war ensued. One on a scale we have never witnessed in our current recorded history and will likely not see again until the end. This was appears to be a war among the "Gods" and we got caught in the middle.

From what I can tell is that there was advanced life on earth but it i debatable if the knowledge came from man. We were essentially slaves to a higher race who used us to toil on there behalf. These higher entities got their jollies from pinching little human girls buttock's. One thing led to another which led to another and next thing you know....BAM we have what should never be.

Some Gods said, "Yo, what the # is wrong with you?!? You know you can't do that #."

Another God in return says: "Yeah, well sit on it an rotate!"

"Don't make me smite you"

"Bring it bitch"

Next thing you know there is a war. From there you can deduce that the victors of that war wrote our history. Therefore the will omit what may look disparaging on them and write falsities of the other and make them look evil. You know like them there muslims and stuff....

All I know is there is a great deception. That I have no doubt. And if we are being deceived on such a grand scale it stands to reason that entity is not our friend. We have been enslaved to a degree we can't even recognize we are slaves.

Point, Set, Match.
edit on 17-8-2013 by Rosinitiate because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2013 @ 08:36 PM
link   
The ancient alien theory is the product of lazy minds. The concept of, I can't figure it out, so it must of extraterrestrial origin, just isn't the correct response. Where is the proof of extraterrestrial intervention? There is known.

Of course there are clay tablets with inscriptions with objects that look like stars and planets but no proof that the objects are actually stars and planets.

Or small golden objects that look like planes. I tend to think they are representations of birds or 3D representations of a hieroglyph.

Its like someone taking a test that can't answer a question. Well I'll just guess and hope its correct.
edit on 17-8-2013 by eManym because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2013 @ 08:36 PM
link   

This topic has been discussed ad naseum here on ATS. Though interesting, however, Sitchin, Van Daniken, and Georgios are master manipulators.

Well , compared to Mainstream Egyptologists and their Ilk , those Ancient Alien Theorists you mention here are Rank Amateurs when it comes to the Manipulation of Public Opinion .......

edit on 17-8-2013 by Zanti Misfit because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2013 @ 08:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jahari
reply to post by ThorsBrother

Totally agree. Maybe we didn't need technology as we recognize it. We may have possess psychic or other abilities that does the things technology does for us. I just see what we accomplished in the last 100 years and I am convinced man have done all this before.

Who really knows what abilities we possessed thousands of years ago? Scientists that explore the depths of the human anatomy and the ability of the brain haven't the slightest why we have certain bodily features or why we supposedly only use some of our brain.

posted on Aug, 17 2013 @ 08:40 PM
link   
reply to post by eManym

There either was a human civilisation with advanced technology or they were helped by an outside force with advanced technology. One thing is for sure, the ancients had acces to advanced technolgy. None of it was ever found so the technolgy has to have come from somewhere.
edit on 17-8-2013 by NeoParadigm because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2013 @ 08:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by eManym

Of course there are clay tablets with inscriptions with objects that look like stars and planets but no proof that the objects are actually stars and planets.

edit on 17-8-2013 by eManym because: (no reason given)

What about the clay tablets that stated specifically that people came down from heaven and taught us stuff. Then they made babies with our women. Then King God got mad and everyone went swimming.....

You are cherry picking....much like those in that TV show eh?

One can believe in "Ancient Aliens" and not believe all the crap that comes out of that show. Anything on TV is disinformation.

posted on Aug, 17 2013 @ 08:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zanti Misfit

Well , compared to Mainstream Egyptologists and their Ilk , those Ancient Alien Theorists you mention here are Rank Amateurs when it comes to the Manipulation of Public Opinion .......

edit on 17-8-2013 by Zanti Misfit because: (no reason given)

Basically anyone who has an interest in the theory should stay well clear of Ancient Aliens and all the books written by the so called experts, that goes without saying... But once you dismiss this shower, who research can you take seriously with an honest unbiased opinion?

posted on Aug, 17 2013 @ 08:51 PM
link   
I find the AA theory insulting to humanitys marvels. AA debunked takes care of the AA show and then saying we were not that advanced well I am sure most have seen this but it is worth looking at again. 100% manmade as well.

www.geekocracy.net...

BTW eastern culture has thousands of man-made marvels that were documented as such they also had excellent record keeping skills. The lost ruins in Cambodia with stone aqua ducts rival the pyramids when looked at as a whole.
edit on 17-8-2013 by Grimpachi because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2013 @ 08:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Grimpachi
I find the AA theory insulting to humanitys marvels. AA debunked takes care of the AA show and then saying we were not that advanced well I am sure most have seen this but it is worth looking at again. 100% manmade as well.

www.geekocracy.net...

Yes but that doesn't explain flying Vimana warring with each other.....

posted on Aug, 17 2013 @ 08:55 PM
link   
I do believe in the ancient astronaut theory, however only to a certain extent. They could have very well have a had a hand in human development, or rather just preserve and observe us for their own studies with very little interaction at all.

There are huge portions of human history prior to 3000 b.c, that we really we have no idea about.

As for proof, good luck with that one. Ancient Aliens tend to seem more like sci-fi fantasy really. It takes all the drama of religions and myth, and makes a small comparison with science to describe of actual god/goddesses. You know the old descending from the heavens(skies), immense knowledge of life and the universe, and the ability to punish mankind for whatever reason cause they just want to.

Seems like the comparisons were rather true.

As for time travelers, I feel sorry for those suckers if they actually intervened. That is if grand father paradox are possible.
edit on 17-8-2013 by Specimen because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2013 @ 08:57 PM
link   
reply to post by ThorsBrother

By doing your Own Research and looking at both Sides . Not All Unexplained Ancient Sites or Ooparts are the Direct result of so called " Alien Intervention ' , and Mainstream Science has a Very Hard Time Admitting that they don't know Anything for Sure , therefore presenting " Theories " for the Public to Believe or Disbelieve . As members of the Public , we Choose what to Believe either way , No ?

posted on Aug, 17 2013 @ 09:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Rosinitiate

It is called imagination. Every culture has used it and created stories that have been retold. Earth carried on a turtles back, Zeus, Poseidon, hades, Dragons, science requires proof ancients not so much.

posted on Aug, 17 2013 @ 09:07 PM
link   
There is a Biblical theory that some angels, or hybrid angels, came to earth back in the day to teach man how to live. apparently these angels took human form to live among men, but their lusts got the better of them and they coupled with human females to produce 'mighty men' (Nephilim).
there does seem to be a repeated theme in ancient texts about 'gods' visiting man and teaching technology and civilization (Prometheus, Oannes, Kukulkan, etc etc.)
aliens...demons...different ways of looking at the same entities?

posted on Aug, 17 2013 @ 09:13 PM
link   
upes, dupe.
edit on 17-8-2013 by works4dhs because: oops dooplicate

posted on Aug, 17 2013 @ 09:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by CirqueDeTruth
reply to post by TheIceQueen

This is one of my favorite areas of the UFO/ET/ED phenomenon. I will list the reasons I subscribe to it but I will not leave links. I apologize, but I'm using my tablet currently, and its new. I'm still acclimating to the new tech and am Leary of trying to supply links. This is my first time utilizing ATS with my tablet. I'll be glad and happy to pay a few bucks to someone who can create a functional app for this site to use with ones tablet.

Anyhow, back on topic. The reasons why I feel the Ancient alien hypothesis holds water:

1) Sumerian Tablets. Not only do they correctly outline our solar system, but they specifically tell the story of our creation by genetic manipulation, headed by beings that came in ships from the heaven to Earth.

FACT: The only planets the Sumerians ever mentioned are the ones that anyone can see with the naked eye.

2) India/Tibet vimayas. Go over and try to enlighten a Buddhist or Hindu of the reality of non-human intelligences. They will laugh in your face and ask you where you have been... They have been teaching the reality of non human intelligence for ages.

FACT: The same will happen if you try to convince a fundamentalist that Jesus was the Son of God.
So, a fundamentalist will hold a fundamentalist belief? Gee, what a surprise.

3) The Bible, though clearly based off the Sumerian tablets - still tell us the heaven is filled with gods creations. Angels, demons, aliens... All the same concepts.

Fact: Most religions have a creation myth.
"Heaven" is filled with these? Quote, please.

4) Anomolies like the nazca lines, piri map, and the ship models found in South America. When they made a larger scale replica of these flying machines, they were surprise surprise - operational.

Fact: None of the above are anomalies.

Have you not seen the video of the flying lawnmower? They were surprised (you likely assume) that it was operational!

5) Stories of the Sirius star system in various cultures. In fact, they even knew Sirius had a third unseen star, which was,t confirmed until 1995, I believe it was. Not to mention the pyramids in Egypt are aligned perfectly with Sirius. A testimony to our origins perhaps?

Fact: The Dogon were not an isolated tribe (they fought with the allies in WW1), what they supposedly told Griaule was what Europeans believed at the time (and turned out to be wrong,) and Sirius is the brightest star in the night sky.

6) The phenomenon of abduction is ancient. The faerie, I believe have a direct correlation with the Greys.

7) The occult phenomenon timelines of the Nazi's, Crowley, and even the dude who founded Scientology. I can't rememer that sick dudes name off the top of my head. Anyhow, the correlation between UFO's showing up and these parties opening up rifts in the veil, is very interesting to study.

The above are not worth anyone's time to answer.

8) Tuathe De Canaan, the Celtic gods of Ireland came forms the heavens in a fiery cloud (I imagine independence day) and were called 'The People of the Serpent'.

That would be Danann, not Canaan.

The story actually goes that they came and went in a cloudy mist. This turns into a "fiery cloud" when Giorgio and his buds tell it.
You sure about the "People of the Serpent" thing? I'd like to see your reference for that.

Harte

posted on Aug, 17 2013 @ 09:32 PM
link   
Something that I said already few times before:

I spent many, many years in South America and not only visited ruins and ancient places barely known. I've met locals and spent time with them. When you talk to them about the origins of what was left by their ancestors, you end many times with no other explanation than what we call ancient aliens.

Even more, over there the existence of extraterrestrials is widely accepted in the most natural way. It's been like that always. Also they believe the visits continue happening. They see this in a very simple way, hard to understand for us.

The reason for all that is simple, their connection with the universe is still present and the andean cosmogony was preserved.

I guess it would help a lot if we could have here places here like Sacsayhuaman, Machu Picchu or Tiawanako. Your mind changes forever just touching those stones once in your life.

One little story I like to tell :

One day I was with 2 friends in one of my little expeditions in the highlands of Southern Peru, close to Chile. There was a big carved rock we wanted to visit. The figures mostly represent hunting scenes, There is also a circular figure that some people belive is a spacecraft.

Suddenly we felt observed. We found an andean man watching us with a smile, I found remarkable how he came so close to us without been noticed. I came closer to him to say hello, he told us his name was "Ayca" (sounded like that), I shared some fruit I had in my bag with him, I had to insist.

He asked us if we were searching the "Metal Ship". We looked each other and asked him what was he talking about. He said there was a big ship made of metal in the mountains. I told him how a ship (boat) ended up there. He said he doesn't know and nobody does and also said it was there since the time of the spaniards.

We asked him if it was too far from where we were and how long would take us to get there. He smiled and said he can be there in few hours but it might take us way more time. He didn't want to share the exact location of the Metal Ship. We promised to come back, we didn't.
edit on 17-8-2013 by Trueman because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2013 @ 09:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rosinitiate

Originally posted by Grimpachi

www.geekocracy.net...

Yes but that doesn't explain flying Vimana warring with each other.....

It also doesn't explain how Paul Bunyan created the Grand Canyon.

Harte

posted on Aug, 17 2013 @ 10:01 PM
link   
I think a better question would be, "do you believe aliens visit us now"? To that I answer yes. From there it would tend to follow they've been here a long time.

posted on Aug, 17 2013 @ 10:07 PM
link   

reply to post by TheIceQueen

This is one of my favorite areas of the UFO/ET/ED phenomenon. I will list the reasons I subscribe to it but I will not leave links. I apologize, but I'm using my tablet currently, and its new. I'm still acclimating to the new tech and am Leary of trying to supply links. This is my first time utilizing ATS with my tablet. I'll be glad and happy to pay a few bucks to someone who can create a functional app for this site to use with ones tablet.

Anyhow, back on topic. The reasons why I feel the Ancient alien hypothesis holds water:

1) Sumerian Tablets. Not only do they correctly outline our solar system, but they specifically tell the story of our creation by genetic manipulation, headed by beings that came in ships from the heaven to Earth.

2) India/Tibet vimayas. Go over and try to enlighten a Buddhist or Hindu of the reality of non-human intelligences. They will laugh in your face and ask you where you have been... They have been teaching the reality of non human intelligence for ages.

3) The Bible, though clearly based off the Sumerian tablets - still tell us the heaven is filled with gods creations. Angels, demons, aliens... All the same concepts.

4) Anomolies like the nazca lines, piri map, and the ship models found in South America. When they made a larger scale replica of these flying machines, they were surprise surprise - operational.

5) Stories of the Sirius star system in various cultures. In fact, they even knew Sirius had a third unseen star, which was,t confirmed until 1995, I believe it was. Not to mention the pyramids in Egypt are aligned perfectly with Sirius. A testimony to our origins perhaps?

6) The phenomenon of abduction is ancient. The faerie, I believe have a direct correlation with the Greys.

7) The occult phenomenon timelines of the Nazi's, Crowley, and even the dude who founded Scientology. I can't rememer that sick dudes name off the top of my head. Anyhow, the correlation between UFO's showing up and these parties opening up rifts in the veil, is very interesting to study.

8) Tuathe De Canaan, the Celtic gods of Ireland came forms the heavens in a fiery cloud (I imagine independence day) and were called 'The People of the Serpent'.

There are others, but that is what came out of memory studying this subject.

Cirque

Awesome post, great reasons. I, myself, am a 'celtic' enthusiast and had no idea about this! I'll have to look into this more! Thanks

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join