It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I think my Sister's Fiance is cheating on her, should I tell her?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 22 2013 @ 12:00 AM
link   
So did you tell her? I sure as hell would want to know if I bought a house with the guy and was going to marry him. Tell her what you suspect and why and leave the rest up to her.

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 12:54 PM
link   
If it were my sister i would administer beatings daily until he told her. If you tell her chances are she will hate you too. Chix are crazy bro

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 03:32 AM
link   

Now the reason why many act the way you propose, is because the programming of the world, covers up the built in morals, and ego justifies whatever it wants.

Speaking of 'Ego' wouldn't you say the majority of relationships are terminated prematurely because of ego?

As an enlightened being, you would surely agree that infidelities and straying are part of the 'lust' programming. However, it seems to me, in this day and age that minor indiscretions are a major cause for couples sever all ties whether it benefits them or not. Where is the forgiveness?

I would be aghast if my wife were to stray....yet I would not be without some partial blame due to ignorance? I would feel betrayed, yet understanding that she may need something else?

This whole monogamy thing is all good in theory, yet the human ego needs fulfillment. I couldn't fathom myself throwing my wife to the curb, breaking apart a family, dividing all assets, and breeding a general atmosphere of hate for a minor fling. I would most likely forgive her and move on. This is just me and old fashioned thinking I guess.

Now if she bolted and left her family, that would be a different story...

Ugh, too many variables..

Marriage is more than just 'puppy love'. It is a partnership and a sort of unconditional love that extends beyond carnal urges.

Your BIL is most likely at that 7 year itch, and feeling cool because some hottie at the gym is flirting with him. It could be a phase, or could not. Your sister will eventually find out. (or maybe not).

Is it really your place to get involved without solid evidence?

These are tough choices, but if your sister and fiance are a good couple and you genuinely like the guy, maybe let this ride...for a bit. Maybe just hint that you know what's up, and let it sort out.

True adults can work it out.

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 02:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Night Star
So did you tell her? I sure as hell would want to know if I bought a house with the guy and was going to marry him. Tell her what you suspect and why and leave the rest up to her.

Nope, didn't say anything. He still goes to the gym, but now with no cologne, and he's usually bummy dressed, unlike before.

I think this is what happened. He used to work at this gym, and there was probably a new girl working there, smiling, flirting, etc. So he got excited and started going there, etc. But nothing ever came of the flirtation and now he's back to normal self with no cologne and no sneaking texts.

I understand we all have the potential to cheat, as men, however I have opted to just keep an eye on habits and have not said anything yet.

Still wondering if I should mention to her what I witnessed.

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 05:03 PM
link   
reply to post by dominicus

Don't stir the pot where you don't actually know anything happened.

posted on Sep, 26 2013 @ 03:24 AM
link   

she's your sister. i have exes, my wife has exes. if you don't tell her she will find out. just say "i have cheated on women, your fiance is cheating on you. either dump or i will call you the stupidest fill in the blank every day for the rest of your life"

posted on Sep, 26 2013 @ 03:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Superhans

crazy but good listeners when it's only you and her stuck somewhere talking

posted on Sep, 26 2013 @ 12:43 PM
link   
Not even going to bother reading all the replies past the actual post but if you have solid evidence you should absolutely say something.

posted on Sep, 26 2013 @ 05:47 PM
link   

YES.

posted on Oct, 21 2013 @ 09:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Empte

I am with you. Tell her but be ready... she won't believe you. Maybe at first but he will make her think you are trying to split them up. Something crazy happens when a woman blinds herself.
After time goes by she will realize that you did the right thing by telling her but for now you'll be the enemy.
Been there, done that.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join