It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So you are telling me that drones cannot spot poppyfields in Afghanistan?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 17 2013 @ 04:15 PM
link   
Lets have a look at the MQ-4C Triton UAV

It flies in a height of 20.000 foot (6 km.), with a speed of 575 km/h, and it can stay in the air for up to 30 hours. Unfortunately the optics are not mentioned, probably because of national security
- but lets say it can atleast photograph 1 km strip.

Afghanistan is 650.000 km².

Wiki: source

So lets do the math - how many of these UAV's are needed to get a picture of ALL of Afghanistan, in lets say a week?

Why don't the US firebomb the lot and cripple the economy for the fierce Taleban?

edit on 17/8/2013 by kloejen because: (no reason given)
Misspelled Poppy! - Happy now ?

posted on Aug, 17 2013 @ 04:20 PM
link   
puppyfields.............

Yes when I was in Aghan we would always come across rows and rows of poodles and huskies. Sometimes the cuteness was too much to handle.

Serious links: NATO Troops Patrol Poppy Fields US Troops Patrol Poppy Fields

edit on 17-8-2013 by Carreau because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2013 @ 04:21 PM
link   
reply to post by kloejen

Firebomb puppyfields? That's inhuman.

posted on Aug, 17 2013 @ 04:23 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 17 2013 @ 04:23 PM
link   
I am all for it, they are a nuisance with their yelping and whining, their insufferable cuteness, napalming Puppies is perfect use for my tax dollars.

posted on Aug, 17 2013 @ 04:25 PM
link   
reply to post by kloejen

Why don't the US firebomb the lot and cripple the economy for the fierce Taliban?

I guess you over looked the fact that when the Taliban took over the first thing they did was burn the poppy fields.

posted on Aug, 17 2013 @ 04:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Carreau
puppyfields.............

Yes when I was in Aghan we would always come across rows and rows of poodles and huskies. Sometimes the cuteness was too much to handle.

Not fair, we never got no puppies back in the day.

Edit - S&F just for the Title.
edit on 17-8-2013 by Bassago because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2013 @ 04:32 PM
link   
This is obviously a post from PETA - Predators exterminating Taliban Animals. I can't type a second line. I'm busy ducking all the rotten tomatoes.

posted on Aug, 17 2013 @ 04:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by kloejen
~snip~

Why don't the US firebomb the lot and cripple the economy for the fierce Taleban?

Because it might endanger the troops we have guarding them?

US Marines Protect Afghan's Poppy Fields

And what ^that guy^ said about the Taliban. They shut down opium trade when they took over, and as far as I'm concerned, THAT'S the main reason we bombed the crap out of them.

posted on Aug, 17 2013 @ 04:35 PM
link   
reply to post by buster2010

That was my point! Thank you. And i corrected the "puppy" thing by the way, sad to see its just a joke to some. But i can laugh at it too

The word is POPPYfields - My question is still standing. So if the US took over the poppyfields - how on earth are the Taliban re-arming itself? - Do they have that much ammo lying around from the 70-80s ?

posted on Aug, 17 2013 @ 04:43 PM
link   
reply to post by kloejen

The whole point to the invasion of Afghanistan was because Afghanistan themselves banned the cultivation of poppy fields. So the exchange stabilization fund had the U.S. invade Afghanistan to restore the CIA's covert operations funding.

posted on Aug, 17 2013 @ 04:44 PM
link   
reply to post by tjack

So you are saying that opium production soared after the invasion?

Looks like you are spot on!
source

Can anyone explain how that is?

posted on Aug, 17 2013 @ 04:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by kloejen
reply to post by buster2010

That was my point! Thank you. And i corrected the "puppy" thing by the way, sad to see its just a joke to some. But i can laugh at it too

The word is POPPYfields - My question is still standing. So if the US took over the poppyfields - how on earth are the Taliban re-arming itself? - Do they have that much ammo lying around from the 70-80s ?

The taliban are not rearming itself. They have become erstwhile drug stewards for the sake of not having their villages glassed over. Opiates are huge in prescription medicine. Some say that's why we waged Vietnam. I digress, some things are above our paygrade.

posted on Aug, 17 2013 @ 04:48 PM
link   
reply to post by kloejen

Because while the Taliban stopped the poppy fields are troops are told to leave the alone and sometimes even to guard them.

posted on Aug, 17 2013 @ 04:54 PM
link   
But military is there not to fight poppy fields,it has different orders.
It would be wise to assume that they take care actually not to attack those fields -unless provoked - in order to maintain normal relationships with tribes that grow those things and not turn them hostile
Just a guess.

posted on Aug, 17 2013 @ 04:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Bassago

So you are telling me that this video is actually not that far out?

What happened to Synthetic Morphine ?
Did they lie again ?

posted on Aug, 17 2013 @ 08:35 PM
link   
They are there to protect the C i A and ban kster profits! So sleep well tonight! The gov. has everything under control!

Everything!!!!

posted on Aug, 18 2013 @ 10:50 AM
link   
I guess only one person read my post if the same question is still being asked...

posted on Aug, 18 2013 @ 12:08 PM
link   
reply to post by kloejen

your joking right? the CIA cut off its money source ??/ end the poppy trade there , end CIA operations there, if that happens the war ends to soon, we can not let that happen now can we. I am not joking where do you all think the funds for the CIA come from.

posted on Aug, 18 2013 @ 01:20 PM
link   
reply to post by kloejen

Why are you under the impression that the poppy fields are out "there" somewhere waiting to be discovered? The fields locations are well known, the CIA doesn't let a $100 Billion a year business just go up in flames from a drone strike.

new topics

top topics

join