It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nerbal, the baby squirrel

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 17 2013 @ 01:47 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Just remember the cat beez

Cody

posted on Aug, 17 2013 @ 02:18 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 17 2013 @ 03:03 PM
link   
We just got a call from Animal Rescue. They said we're doing everything right (thanks to the links and ATS!) but they don't take orphaned squirrels.

So it looks like we may have Nerbal for a while. 4th feeding and still doing well.

posted on Aug, 17 2013 @ 03:13 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Keep at it beez I'll hide the kittens.

We're all rooting for Nerbal

Cody

edit on 17/8/13 by cody599 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2013 @ 03:22 PM
link   
reply to post by cody599

Thanks!

Nerbal is getting another feeding and being very vocal about it.

Who would of thought that a conspiracy site could save the life of a baby squirrel.

edit on 17-8-2013 by beezzer because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2013 @ 03:34 PM
link   
Another animal rescue called. They asked us to foster Nerbal. (they have 25 squirrels, currently)

They said we're doing everything right.

posted on Aug, 17 2013 @ 03:35 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Oh dear beez

That is a very young squirrel... I hope he survives...

Squirrels make awesome pets... but make sure you talk to a vet about him... They're usually covered with bugs at that age... and please be sure to feed him the correct food... NOT to many peanuts

I learned the hard way...

IF he survives the next few weeks... You will have a wonderful little friend

I miss my little guy so much

imageshack.us...

edit on 17-8-2013 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2013 @ 03:37 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Yeah it's weird world

We all fight tooth and nail to bring the truth to the surface and expose our governments.

And then we rally around a baby squirrel

An orphan and a sole survivor

I guess we just identify with it

Go Nerbal

Cody

edit on 17/8/13 by cody599 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2013 @ 04:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

Thanks. We are going to release him back to the woods as soon as he's ready. (having 2 cats might be difficult for long-term care)

Sorry you lost your friend. Looks like it was a wonderful pet!

posted on Aug, 17 2013 @ 04:02 PM
link   
reply to post by cody599

We are all, "Nerbal".

posted on Aug, 17 2013 @ 04:10 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

That might not be as easy as you think... A squirrel that young will adopt you as its new parent...

Cats likely won't be a problem either... I have three... One is a vicious killer... but all of them knew better then to mess with a squirrel once he's full grown...

Honestly though... I'd rather have a squirrel then a cat... the only issue is they leave little pellets in weird places... SO you'll have to vacuum a lot LOL

My little guy used to sleep in my pocket every night... Til he got too big to fit

IF you do release him... Don't take him far from where you found him... He will try to come back... which might include crossing some dangerous roads and such... Best idea is just to let him go in your yard... He will still hang around til he finds a mate... but its worth it.

Such amazing little creatures... and incredibly smart and affectionate as well...

Heres a little tip... they love to get their bellies scratched...

They actually laugh and wrestle with you when you do... and they won't even bite... just a soft nibble

posted on Aug, 17 2013 @ 05:48 PM
link   
It would be best to release him out into your yard when he is old enough. You could always leave nuts and whatever until he can fend for himself. Squirrels are amazing little creatures and after bonding with the little darling, it may be extremely hard to let him/her go. But really, they need trees to run and jump through and their freedom. Nerbal should be free to find a Mrs. Nerbal and have lots of baby Nerbals.

I am sure he will still come around and be your buddy.

I think you and Mrs. Beezer are doing an amazing job so far!!!!!!!!! I think the link I gave you came from an animal rehabilitation place so they know what they are doing.

Nerbal is a cool name by the way.

Keep up the good work!!!!!

posted on Aug, 17 2013 @ 05:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by cody599

Very important!!!!!!! Beez I'm worried about the baby squirrel. Can you tell?
reply to post by Night Star

It's not as if anybody would notice Night Star

Bless your soul with all that's good and pure

Cody

OMG, you should have seen me when I first saw Beezer's post. I was like Oh my God, we need information FAST. Where to look, oh damn hurry, hurry. I found an exellent source of info and couldn't type fast enough to get the info to Beezer.
I know that time is of the essence in such situations and when he described it as pink I knew how young it had to be.

It is going to be soooooooo hard letting the little guy go when the time comes, but it truly is the best decision in my opinion. I would cry like a baby letting it go, but I would know that I was giving it the very best life possible.

posted on Aug, 17 2013 @ 06:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Night Star

Thank you. He is still doing well. He's bonded with my wife nicely, and my wife has bonded with him. He's eating well and making potty and wee good as well.

The 2 rescue places we spoke with today were amazed at our level of care.
(we didn't tell them we got it from ATS
)

Thanks for your help! There are so many folks that have posted here with great advice, I'm overwhelmed.

posted on Aug, 17 2013 @ 07:12 PM
link   
Well, we've given Nerbal his last feeding his last potty time. He's well hydrated so we'll put him on warm milk tomorrow. Squirrels don't eat/nurse at night, so the rescue people stated, we'll just get up early and continue.

He barks. It's the neatest thing, and he gets edgy when my wife puts him down for resting. He loves the holding and attention.

We got a t-shirt from the dryer and have used that to keep him warm. Plus the blankets he's on, it should be a nice nest. Looks like he just might make it.

High hopes for tomorrow.

posted on Aug, 17 2013 @ 09:01 PM
link   
Hey there Beezer,
It's good to see you helping the little guy out. A couple of other tips, just thoughts but they may help the little guy. I've raised a wild baby rabbit that was his size when I found him in the yard, and one thing I remember was that he seemed to get depressed after a night alone. The next morning he would not be as responsive as he had been after a long day of attention. He's not going to be able to make much heat until he gets some fur going...

Try picking up one of those little heat rocks from the pet store, you know the kind that you plug in, and maybe a couple of little rubber animal toys that are close to his size if you can find something that you think would work. It'll make him feel better if he can burrow down into the "dog pile" so to speak. The little guy is probably traumatized and may have abandonment issues if he doesn't have any little bodies to hang with when he's sleeping...

Good luck Nerbal!

posted on Aug, 17 2013 @ 09:12 PM
link   
Life is a gift that must be respected and honored.

Somewhere a forlorn mother grieves for her lost child, someday a joyful reunion may take place.

For all of those who have a harmonious relationship to nature, to earth, to spirit -- to the sacred substance of creation -- a thousand thanks.

edit on 17-8-2013 by seasoul because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2013 @ 09:23 PM
link   
S&F to Beezzer and Night Star !!
Looking forward to more baby pictures

posted on Aug, 17 2013 @ 09:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Quauhtli

Good ideas!

I put a small roll of socks and a beanie baby in with him. As for the heat rock? Will look into getting one. He seems cool to the touch, but I worry about getting him too hot also.

posted on Aug, 17 2013 @ 09:39 PM
link   
reply to post by seasoul

There is concern that a local falcon got mom, the reason the babies were out of their nest.

Beautiful sentiments though.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join