It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wikileaks have just released three insurance files

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 17 2013 @ 10:11 AM
link   
They haven't revealed any information about what is in the files, but one is 3.6gb, one is 49gb and the final one is a whopping 394gb.

They released this on their facebook page.

www.facebook.com...

I wonder what this means?

Mods: apologies if this is in the wrong forum. Feel free to move to a more relevant one.

posted on Aug, 17 2013 @ 10:17 AM
link   

Just a couple hours ago, Wikileaks uploaded 3 more encrypted "insurance" files and posted the links on the Wikileaks Facebook page. The size of the files are 3.6 GB, 49 GB and another file that's a whopping 349 GB. The insurance files use AES-256 encryption, which is virtually impossible to crack given our current technology. It isn't an exaggeration to say that the amount of energy needed to crack the encryption would destroy Earth.

The files are assumed to serve as a dead man's switch in case something were to happen to Wikileaks, in which case the key could be released and the files could potentially contain very dangerous information.

www.bubblews.com...

I've not linked to the torrent or any mirrors, however that information can be found by visiting the pages, just so I'm not breaking any rules here.

posted on Aug, 17 2013 @ 10:23 AM
link   
I don't do "torrent files"...too many hours reloading operating systems back onto my computers, after having the original OS corrupted.

posted on Aug, 17 2013 @ 10:36 AM
link   
Looking at the key size needed to brute force aes-256 i doubt that even the NSA has the pew to decode it by brute force but i'd imagine they'll slap a spare rig to have a go just in case they get lucky while probably using more normal techniques to see if they can get the keys from one of the people who must have it

posted on Aug, 17 2013 @ 10:44 AM
link   
The fact that this is the only news-ish place reporting on this since the release makes me go hmmm. You'd think the news agencies would be all over this like flies on poop, at least for the curiosity-driven ratings.

Disinterest, slow to get it published, or another ehem, "influence"?

posted on Aug, 17 2013 @ 10:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Nyiah

wiki leaks are old news now and an uncrackable insurance file isn't as nice as a load of NSA powerpoint slides and some US v's Russia extradition drama

+3 more 
posted on Aug, 17 2013 @ 10:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by jimmyx
I don't do "torrent files"...too many hours reloading operating systems back onto my computers, after having the original OS corrupted.

Maybe it's time to look into a different OS, or quit downloading questionable stuff...

or are you just trying to scare people?

As for as cracking the 256, or getting a hold of the key, what good would that do, even if they did?

It's a release of information, and not like they'll somehow prevent it from getting out.

They'd simply get a head start on damage control, and move people to "safety".

They call it "insurance" for a reason.

posted on Aug, 17 2013 @ 11:02 AM
link   
This seems to be only the third time they are (publicly) releasing insurance files:

On 29 July 2010 WikiLeaks added a 1.4 GB "Insurance file" to the Afghan War Diary page.

On 22 February 2012, there was another insurance file release, this time 65 GB in size

On 17 August 2013, WikiLeaks released another three insurance files, this time 3.6 GB, 49 GB and 349 GB in size.[96] Like previous insurance files, the contents of these three insurance files are still unknown.

link

posted on Aug, 17 2013 @ 11:25 AM
link   
Blah Blah Blah..... Assange releases more sealed fiels which will remain sealed to the end of time and humanity. Wow.. I'm SOOOOO excited I can't contain myself. :shk:

Meanwhile, I'm still looking at an Insurance file I got in 2010 with everyone else who acted quick and early to get a copy of it....and pretty well accepted I'm just hanging onto it for the sake of not deleting it. It's not like he'll EVER release any of the codes to open files with information of value.

It's Assange playing his little games again and as much as I like the guy and respect what he HAS accomplished? His little geo-political games are as pathetic as the people he plays them against. Sorry Julian...I'm not biting the B.S. bait this time. Keep the files.

posted on Aug, 17 2013 @ 11:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by lernmore

They call it "insurance" because they are too freakin' stupid to realize we can't stop these criminals without documenting their behavior. Shining a light on cockroaches is only effective if you use a ..... flashlight.

Withholding files from public exposure is extremely suspicious. Are these people for real or are they just a part of the disinfo program?

posted on Aug, 17 2013 @ 12:08 PM
link   
reply to post by wrabbit2000

Well, it's not like Wikileaks has ever rippled the waters, right?

America has had nuclear warheads, too, since they released the first files, warheads that we threaten to use, without even saying it.

Originally posted by juspassinthru
Are these people for real or are they just a part of the disinfo program?

No clue...

So I'll say what others can't, or wont.

I don't know

edit on 17-8-2013 by lernmore because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2013 @ 12:38 PM
link   
All released files on WL are moderated. They are fact checked and censored to remove information that might put people in danger. It's called "insurance" for a reason. Do not ever expect to see them unlocked unless something catastrophic happens.

posted on Aug, 17 2013 @ 07:43 PM
link   
Bradley Manning is up for sentencing.
Maybe it's insurance against his sentence........?

posted on Aug, 17 2013 @ 07:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by PsykoOps
All released files on WL are moderated. They are fact checked and censored to remove information that might put people in danger. It's called "insurance" for a reason. Do not ever expect to see them unlocked unless something catastrophic happens.

Moderated bt who? Iarael? ....and yes I said that out loud.

Out of the "treasure trove" of already released documents, if you can show me one, just one release that was critical of Israel I'd be far more inclined to believe it. As it stands....WL is disinformation/misdirection.

I don't personally have anything against Israel but I am also no fool.

edit on 17-8-2013 by Rosinitiate because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2013 @ 07:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by juspassinthru

Originally posted by lernmore

They call it "insurance" because they are too freakin' stupid to realize we can't stop these criminals without documenting their behavior. Shining a light on cockroaches is only effective if you use a ..... flashlight.

Withholding files from public exposure is extremely suspicious. Are these people for real or are they just a part of the disinfo program?

It's a game silly.....there would be no need for insurance if the all the cards were on the table. All WL has done is provide false hope.....hmmm.....I wonder why?

posted on Aug, 17 2013 @ 08:49 PM
link   
You cannot release info that easily. This is the way to do it. The Bloody NSA will take them atleast a month to crack this. When they do, they can go droning your ass afterwards. But it will be in vain, since the data has spread all over the world. All Wikileaks now has to do is now release the password... Be patient folks

posted on Aug, 17 2013 @ 09:02 PM
link   
I would not hold my breath waiting on keys. Insurance files are a new fad, in my opinion. Nothing but hype as far as I have seen.

edit:

Lots of dead people in conspiracies and no insurance info seems to ever surface.
edit on 8/17/2013 by roadgravel because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2013 @ 09:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Maxatoria
reply to post by Nyiah

wiki leaks are old news now and an uncrackable insurance file isn't as nice as a load of NSA powerpoint slides and some US v's Russia extradition drama

The insurance companies, way back to Eisenhower, are a very big driver of what's been going on with the population on this planet for a very, very long time. It could actually be quite ground breaking information......
Respectfully,
Tetra50

posted on Aug, 17 2013 @ 10:16 PM
link   
The key to the big insurance file is.....
Icantbelieveyouaresostupidthatyoudownloadedthisbigassfilethinkingweknowwhatsgoingonand
wouldshareitwithyou

edit on 17-8-2013 by TheLieWeLive because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2013 @ 10:17 PM
link   
Who says you need a password to enter and view these documents. Lets just go behind the green door, sorry NSA I just let the cat out of the bag.

RAWR!!!

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join