It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Need Peace?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 17 2013 @ 09:40 AM
link   
All that is required is faith and love.

God bends over anyone who believes with love, and like a good medicine he caresses our hearts from all miseries.

It is simple. Be humble.

Peace to all of you, and may the Living One bless you.

posted on Aug, 17 2013 @ 10:36 AM
link   
reply to post by backcase

Please change the color of your font, I had to highlight the words to read them comfortably.

posted on Aug, 17 2013 @ 11:40 AM
link   
reply to post by AfterInfinity

i like it

posted on Aug, 17 2013 @ 08:45 PM
link   

God bending me over doesn't sound like something I want to experience.

I don't think this was worth its own thread honestly. And like AI said, change the font color, it gave me a headache trying to read it.
edit on 17-8-2013 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2013 @ 11:36 AM
link   
reply to post by 3NL1GHT3N3D1

Thanks.

Are you satisfied?
Are you sad inside?

posted on Aug, 20 2013 @ 12:05 PM
link   

Humility is for slaves. There is no reason to bow down to anyone unless they feel like they are higher or better than you .

If you want peace? Don't cause conflict. Stay away from people because most humans are still cave-men and aggressive.

posted on Aug, 20 2013 @ 02:07 PM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

everyone has that child inside, and that's what we must remember. Humility is the virtue which contains every virtue.

posted on Aug, 20 2013 @ 04:16 PM
link   

I gave you a star... you just blue me away.

posted on Aug, 20 2013 @ 06:50 PM
link   

Children have nothing to do with humility. They are honest and do not make them selves feel "lower" than everyone else.

posted on Aug, 20 2013 @ 08:02 PM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

Humility does not mean being degraded or less than anyone else. Humility has to do with knowing who you are and who others are, and being respectful towards everyone.

I think many also have a false perception of humility. We are not God. I am not God, and neither are you. Your vital breath was given to you by God, and I do not find it wrong to acknowledge this fact as truth.

If we look over our past we can find many mistakes, many 'sins', and many imperfections, but Jesus has died so that we are not charged for that, but we have the opportunity to become. Become what? Become like a child. Like one who loves unconditionally and sees God with a pure heart. In Jesus we can shed the past and all defilement and become new, seeing reality for what it is with unsullied eyes and a virgin heart.

But to many, repentance is considered too big of a request from God. I cannot become comfortable in filth, the inclination of the soul is to be washed in the rivers of repentance.

posted on Aug, 22 2013 @ 03:19 PM
link   

It all depends on your definition of words.

We disagreed on humility because we had different definitions.

I am not the type of person who says to look it up in the dictionary and only use the definition the dictionary gives you because I think making your own interpretation of definitions gives a sense of freedom, but at the same time the clarity of the words can be lost.

This is why I try to make my definitions simple and similar to what everyone else generally mean.

In my mind and in most people's minds "Humility" means putting others before yourself, "lowering" yourself, "humbling" yourself.... if your definition of humility is mutual respect for everyone. Then I agree that humility is probably the best thing we can do for balance in the world while ensuring everyone's freedom without imposing on others...

As for whether or not I am God , you are God, or we are all God , I guess that also depends on the definition.

If you have a pantheistic definition of God where God is omnipresent (everywhere) then it makes sense that we and everyone and everything else is God.

If you have a theistic definition of God where God is some powerful entity with super powers then it makes sense that humanity is not God as most of humanity lack these abilities....

new topics

top topics

join