It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pathetic People, The King Turds Of Crap Hill

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 17 2013 @ 07:34 AM
link   
Power corrupts, as we all know by now. Things I have seen recently make me increasingly sad and at the same time have me completely riled up.

I recently had my drivers license taken away and don't have the thousands of dollars to get it back, all because of a thought crime. I haven't worked in a year and a half years and have no hope of ever getting a job, even a crappy one. Bad credit, lousy work history, and few skills that would make me hireable combined with the lack of a license make it near impossible to get work. I'm not even able to get many odd jobs as I don't have much skill/knowledge of handyman type stuff so I go out most evening when it cools off and collect cans to recycle. I go around the neighborhood, the few strip malls that are close, check the trash, wherever I can get cans before I get tired from the heat. I don't last too long out there, maybe an hour or two if I'm lucky.

I just got back from tonight's trip and one mall I went to has a hookah shop that, unknowingly, is open very late on the weekends. There's a couple of trash cans in the mall, nowhere near the hookah shop, but their "security" bastard asked me if I could not do this while they were open. When the hell I am "allowed" to go through a parking lot for cans, I don't know. This guy probably get's no more than ten bucks per hour, given that no jobs pay squat anymore, yet he's hassling me in the middle of the night for getting a couple of cans out of the trash. I left no mess, bothered nobody, yet this underpaid ass on a power trip is harassing me.If I can't go out at 3:30 A.M. then when the bloody hell can I go out?

Without a license, I ride a bicycle. A couple of weeks ago, I had a few bucks and went to Wal-Mart, the only grocery close by, to get a few things. I had my backpack in my cart and got hassled, almost as I was ready to leave, about it. I opened it up for the guy but that wasn't good enough, he followed me around until I cursed him and left the shopping cart there for his underpaid ass to unload and promptly walked out. I only needed one more product before I was ready to check out yet he had to harass me, all so his damned company could make it's billions while paying him next to nothing. The bastards knew I hadn't stolen as I'm monitored from the minute I walk into the store on CCTV yet he's the king turd of his pathetic crap hill so he has to play his power trip on me.

While I am pissed about this constant harassment, as it seems to be happening more and more frequently, I am also extremely saddened by these people. They will make others lives difficult just so they can be on top of their little hill and all so they can make what amounts to slave wages, if that.

I'm not the most morally sound person, I have my faults to be sure, but I could never do a job like that. I could never be in a position of power over anyone as I cannot fathom how making a few(or a lot) of worthless dollars allows anyone to act like this. Money doesn't motivate me, for some reason. These corporations could care less about these people. They can always fill a job like that with some other undereducated fool willing to protect the corporation as if it were their own child.

Life is hard enough without having to deal with crap like this, yet here I am, trying to make a dollar or two each time I go out, cleaning up the streets around here, even, and getting treated like scum by some little craphead who thinks he has power over me. The government has power over me, not because I gave it to them but because they have the guns and the ignorant pigs to enforce their damned laws. Not these pathetic security piglets(I'm sure they will end being pigs as they have the right attitude and obviously the low I.Q. to get a sick job like that).

I try the best I can to treat people with respect but am losing that ability rather quickly. Why can't we have the simple right to be left alone if we are not bothering anyone, not committing a crime? The hookah shop mentioned had people in the parking lot, hanging out at 3:30 yet that was ok, but I'm the damn problem and need to be harassed?

Having my life completely ruined by a jack-booted thug on a power trip and a corrupt system isn't enough, I can't even go out in the middle of the night and collect a few cans?

I wish there was someplace else I could go, another state, another country, someplace where I could live a relatively peaceful life, but there is none. My government, fed, state and local, hates me and would rather imprison or kill me and it's no better anywhere else. I'll be lucky to come up with the five hundred or so dollars to give to the government for my transgressions, which in reality are really no more than thought crimes that the state simply cannot allow. My non-violent victimless crime has ruined me, as if my life weren't already a joke, and now I can't pick up aluminum cans without being treated like subhuman scum? When I was young, I remember there being nice people. Where are those people nowadays? If they are out there, I never meet them.

I fear when no one cares about anyone else anymore that will be the end of us, and I see that day coming closer every time I go out of the house. How low will we sink as a species?

posted on Aug, 17 2013 @ 09:39 AM
link   
reply to post by TheSpanishArcher

I'm going to start this off by saying that I don't have direct knowledge of your particular situation outside of this thread, and I wouldn't presume to know the issues that led you to where you currently are in life. I also fully agree with you that there are a great many people in this world who get minuscule amounts of "power" and then lord it over those that they perceive as "below them".

That being said, I do take issue with some of your remarks.

First of all, you say that you have no "handyman" skills, so you can't find odd jobs, I see that you do have internet access, use it to learn. I have managed to learn to do a great many things through youtube tutorials and other easily accessible means on the internet. I have also worked in the trades, and becoming an apprentice does not generally require much knowledge in any particular field, however the willingness to learn, and to work hard is required.

You mentioned a lousy work history, unfortunately, I'm going to tell you the same thing that I told my 19 year old son when he lamented his poor work history while trying (as he called it) to find a job, that means that you are going to have to be willing to do the kinds of jobs that no one else is willing to do. This requires both the willingness to work hard, for long hours and low pay, as well as the ability to swallow your pride.

You have a bad credit history, on that one all I can say is join the club, that shouldn't keep you from finding any job at all. Yes, I do realize that there are employers that check your credit during the hiring process, however the number of those is nowhere near 50%, let alone 100%, especially when you take the mom and pop's and under the table jobs into account.

As for your license, I can't comment on that, as I have no idea why you lost it to begin with, but you do have a bicycle, use it. I work with several people who've had to rely on a bicycle to get to work on a daily basis, for various personal reasons.Try focusing on what you have, rather than what you do not.

You also mentioned that you collect cans for as long as you can manage in the heat, from one to two hours, if this is the best you can manage when you have no other means of support, it is hardly a shock that you haven't managed to put together a meaningful work history, no offense intended, but that is what appeared glaringly obvious to me while reading this.

Maybe I misunderstood the overall aim of your post, but it seems as though you haven't taken full responsibility for your situation, as you seem to place culpability on others for where you are in life, and I'm sorry to tell you, but no one put you where you are, you did.

Again, I don't know if you suffer from some disability or whatnot, but the tenor of your thread indicates that you simply want to blame 'The Man', and that mentality is going to keep you squarely where you currently find yourself, possibly leading somewhere even worse.

Take that for what it's worth, or don't take it, as with every other instance in your life, the choice is yours, but please understand that my reply was given in the honest hope that it helps you somehow.

edit on 8/17/2013 by ProfessorChaos because: typo

posted on Aug, 17 2013 @ 12:32 PM
link   
reply to post by TheSpanishArcher

If you were offered a job as a security guard would you take it?

posted on Aug, 17 2013 @ 07:11 PM
link   
If you are willing to work without skills consider garbage collector. They make good money, it takes no skill and it is an honest job. Not many people are willing to do it, I don't know why really, to my mind they are heros and we would be in one heck of a mess without them.

new topics

top topics

join