It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Has anyone heard about Red Herring Awards? Is this a scam?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 17 2013 @ 04:11 AM
link   
I came across this press release titled, "Asteor Software is a Finalist for the 2013 Red Herring Top 100 Asia Award"

Then following up on this press release I went to the red herring website where it has listed all the finalist companies for the Top 100 Asia award this year.

Red Herring Top 100 Asia Finalist

What do you think of this award? Is this a genuine or some kind of scam!

When I did a Google Reality Check on "Red Herring", I came across the following links. These are one of the many links mentioning that this award is a scam.

The Red Herring Awards Scam

Red Herring Awards Winners Say It’s Nothing but a Big Scam

Are The Red Herring Awards "The Frat" Of Startup Awards?

Red Herring Rejects Charges That Its Awards “Take Advantage” Of Startups

If this award is indeed a scam, I am wondering how come this company based in the US at the following address carry on this business. Are there no regulatory authorities in the US that can stop these scams?

Herring International 7660 Fay Avenue, Suite H La Jolla, CA 92037

It seems they have got more than 253 companies in the net this year from Asia alone. I believe their next target is Europe.

From what I read, Red Herring charges about $3000 dollars per contestant. Multiply that with 250 companies who are participating, that comes to almost quarter a million dollars for Red Herring from only one region. Wow this good profitable all year round business.

Are there are other awards such as this one that are also a scam? Comments are invited on exposing all such scams.

edit on 17-8-2013 by 0pass because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2013 @ 09:07 AM
link   
Seems like one of the companies that is in the list of companies shortlisted, their CEO was recently arrested by the FBI.

FBI Arrests ShopClues Founder On Insider Trading Charges

Red Herring Finalist

edit on 17-8-2013 by 0pass because: (no reason given)

join