It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Afterlife Revealed... Step By Step

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 17 2013 @ 03:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by SaturnFX
About the ops:
Sounds terrible in some aspects. The whole removal and healing of earths woes sounds like stripping some very critical elements of a personality...and what am I besides my personality that has grown through the joy and sadness of life.

(...)
I also quite enjoy my individuality.
(...)

What makes "personality", character or individuality?

You say its ONLY depends on what we experience in *this* physical world but I *strongly* disagree.

Simple example: Sometimes I dream ...and I find myself in total different scenarios.

In my dreams I could be extremely rich or have entirely forgotten about my "real" existence here. (Actually 99% of dreams are like that I have not the slightest idea of my "real" existence)...BUT MY "ego", my individuality is the same.

It's still "me" thinking and acting regardless whether how bizarre the dream circumstances are.

It goes even further:

Some schools of thoughts (Newton etc...) go so far as to say that we call "past lifes" or life in the "afterlife", ALL THIS HAPPENS AT THE SAME TIME and influences each other. Former life experiences strongly influences our life and thinking now. One thought or an action/happening in one life influences other "parallel" lives.

Individuality/Personality is far more than what we experience right this moment in this physical world. Seriously. Don't limit yourself.
edit on 17-8-2013 by NoRulesAllowed because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2013 @ 03:25 PM
link   
reply to post by sled735

I think people imagine these exotic fantasy's filled with gods, colors, worlds of beautiful things and happening's basically because life can be so boring and horrible here on earth that this is all that keeps them from ending it..........by ending it I mean the logical thing to think if you have any curiosity about what comes after death is you may have to do it all over again if you don't get it right the first time, or second time or third.

I don't fear death... just how I die. What keeps me thinking about an afterlife is the question, what happens to our energy when we die and if our energy is our soul and what really is a soul and does the soul really have anything to do with anything other then keeping everything functioning that needs to be in order to be alive.

With no belief in Gods and Devils all that is left is common sense, reasoning, a little logic and a great imagination............its not like we have a choice about death, just how we die (hopefully) and what kind of person we are up to that point..

posted on Aug, 17 2013 @ 03:35 PM
link   

No. When we die our life ends, that's it.
reply to post by Meaningless

Agree. What's makes the idea of an afterlife even more irrelevant is it doesn't change anything. If the afterlife were proven to be true, what will everybody do differently here? Nothing. So, we have people that believe in an afterlife, when is pretty darn ridiculous and unprovable, but even if it were true it wouldn't change anything.

posted on Aug, 17 2013 @ 03:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by esteay812

Rising from the most base point of comparison - above and beyond monitoring brain waves, there is actually more evidence that life continues after death, in some manner, than there is for complete end of existence for all forms of life upon death.

And this is entirely correct, all it takes is ONE credible and verified account, say, from a person who reports a former life. And there are many such accounts where what the people claiming to have lived once already CAN be verified.

Not only that...one indication that "there is something to it" is the fact that almost ALL religions and beliefs have those elements in it. (Some simply vary the overall theme, even Christianity has re-incarnation as a central theme if they say Christ can come back to Earth...or the idea of the afterlife etc....)

PLUS....what's more, that modern science now more and more tends to confirm even the most "bizarre" ideas such as multiple universes/dimensions etc. In fact, the more advanced our "knowledge" becomes, the more this knowledge seems to become what ancient cultures say for a long time already, the more this "scientific" knowledge becomes "esoteric".

The old, material view of our consciousness/ego "produced" by our brain only and ending with physical death is becoming more and more outdated.

By the way, just TODAY again I read about this study mentioning one common explanation how the experiences supposedly are brought on by the drug [drug name here, cannot mention]. One scientist notes that those experiences brought on by the drug are always similar! He hints at the possibility that the drug experience of the afterlife/alternate reality is indeed OBJECTIVE (!!) and that the drug merely enables our brain to perceive this objectivity....as compared to those scientists who only write off an experience as being "a hallucination brought on by the drug".
Short: If hundreds of people experience the SAME thing its very legit to wonder whether this is really an objective reality.

posted on Aug, 17 2013 @ 03:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Battleline

According to the belief of reincarnation, we DO have a choice how we die. That is, unless we "accidentally" get killed some other way first. Our guides try to keep that from happening.

I have a coworker who is a very strong Christian. He has even preached in church.
I started talking to him one night about reincarnation, and brought up some points for him to consider. I eased him in to questioning some things in the Bible that could have more than one meaning, etc. Then I loaned him some books that opened my own eyes.

After reading the books, and me answering questions, he is now a firm believer in reincarnation.

The truth of reincarnation is there, if people will open their eyes and do some research.

posted on Aug, 17 2013 @ 03:54 PM
link   

Oh Meaningless, I guess that's not just a clever name eh?
Sorry I had too....

Energy can neither be created nor destroyed, ergo we are infinite, we are divine.

posted on Aug, 17 2013 @ 03:55 PM
link   
reply to post by bigfatfurrytexan

Yes I'm certain. It's not hard to figure out that the afterlife is a trick being played on us. It's obvious almost everything we're told is a lie, only because humans allow themselves to be so gullible. Like I said, there will always be believers and nothing I say or can do will change their minds.

reply to post by emptyOmind

Life is already heaven. There is no need for an afterlife. Sadly, idiots are polluting and causing destruction so no wonder people look for a way out. It's easier to worship and die believing in life after death than to get off your ass and actually help the world.

posted on Aug, 17 2013 @ 04:05 PM
link   
In case some of you missed my post on the last page...
I don't want this thread to turn into an argument of whether life exists after death, or not. That debate could go on forever, and it doesn't address the topic of this thread.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

"I appreciate the interest you all have shown in this thread, but let's please remain on topic.

I am interested in hearing the views of what is discussed in Billy's journey.
Does anything there ring true for you?
Do you recognize any one part that could explain an experience you have had?
Do you have any thoughts as to which faith certain parts of his journey would apply to?

I have read many posts in the paranormal forum, my own thread included, where people have seen beings with a blue light aura. This could be one of the higher spirits that Billy saw after he noticed the gigantic orb that had no beginning or end.
The electric stick figures could explain what a member on my paranormal thread saw walking in her garden.

Does anyone else see anything that could explain a mystery for them?"

posted on Aug, 17 2013 @ 04:11 PM
link   
reply to post by SaturnFX

I don't like the sound if that, nor a lobotomy to make me more calm. I like addition to counter stuff, not subtraction to synthetically calm stuff.

you don't get it...the purest form of human there is, is when you are a child, devoid of all the programming added to you by the world.

All the B.S. added to people, is the cause of wars, hatred, rape, pillage, murder, atrocities.

For me, when I was a child, I had friends of different races, ages, genders...everyone was a friend and was equal. The world's programming started to put into me the stereotypes about Blacks, Arabs, Italians, Polish, etc

When you go back, all the BS programming is stripped, and you return to point of seeing things as they are, prior to any ego-programming filters.

I also quite enjoy my individuality. Lots of spiritualist stuff tends to focus on this oneness. I don't want to be a borg though, collective thoughts and the like. Individuality allows for the contrast of connection and joy inherent in sharing oneself with another chosen person. snapping me up to the grid and making me one with everyone first off removes perspective, and therefore creativity, but also makes the personal perspectives so insignificant to be nearly irrelevant.

If you had one glimpse, one simple Taste of the Oneness, it would be enough for you to leave everything else beyond for the sake of jumping in, head first, into the pool of Infinite Beingness!!!

To me, at quick glance, the place in the ops after the heaven thing sounds like various degrees of hell..well, maybe not hell, but certainly not something I would want. I worked hard for my nonsense thoughts, emo disposition, etc. Perhaps something is lost in translation though.

Most definitely lost in translation

Well, hell, I don't know, and neither does anyone else here.

There are genuine people who have access to and experience the afterlife, while still maintaining a body on this realm. Some are just plain old folks who don't talk about it, and don't have books for sale to make money off of it.

If they mention that they have this access, everyone scoffs, laughs, says it's BS, etc. No wonder some folks stay quiet and laugh on the sidelines about all of us debating these topics

posted on Aug, 17 2013 @ 04:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Meaningless
No. When we die our life ends, that's it. Just like before we were born, nothing and after we die it'll be the same. Life continues on and you will have never known the tricks that played you till death. I know it seems harsh but it is what it is. What's good is that death can be avoided but it's hard when we're bred to believe death is inevitable and that the only true happiness comes AFTER you die.

Having absolutely no real evidence other than what people tell us, it's safe to assume the afterlife is a lie created to scam us of our lives. Of course there will always be believers who say otherwise. Lying rewards more than telling the truth. But who really cares what I have to say? You can't argue with those who already made their mind up, some just can't or else they wouldn't have a job, this I understand. And what do they say? Respect people's beliefs? even if they're being lead to a pointless death....

No, this is what you believe happens for whatever reason with no more proof than the OP's version. You also have a very western ideal of what we are "bred" to believe. Not all afterlives depend on the goodness or badness of your being here, and some offer no rewards regardless of your morality. More than 90% of humans believe in some form of spirituality and in some sort of afterlife or admit to not knowing enough to make a decision (agnostic). It appears to be a universally human experience across all cultures although the details may vary (reincarnation, heaven, etc). To me the smaller percentage that does not wonder, the ones who do not have a feeling of unknown are possibly spiritually stunted or lacking a full human experience, perhaps they are to arrogant or not intelligent enough to grasp that an afterlife is not dependent on religion or a god...

There are even scientistst who believe afterlife is possible without the same precepts of religion. If this world is a simulation it is possible all religions aside that there is a so called afterlife. If we are able to create simulated life or one day upload consciousness (perhaps we already have), then indefinite life would be achievable and thus it would prove once and for all an afterlife is possible. It would then be seen as ignorant and naive to totally discount that consciousness is based on the human body. In this case it would be far more prudent to be an agnostic toward eternal life then it would be to have no belief at all. Even Atheist can believe in an afterlife they just do not believe in a god such as in the Matrix or Avatar.

But if science does one day prove that consciousness can exist outside the body there were still be deniers much like there are people who still believe the world to be flat or we never went to the moon...LOL
edit on 17-8-2013 by abeverage because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2013 @ 04:21 PM
link   
reply to post by sled735

When I read your introduction I felt this cold feeling wash over my body, why? because I never knew about the person you mention or his book but Back in 2003, I have my first major surgery under anesthesia, I remember been in white room, I knew that I was having surgery, the room was so bright white that it will hurt my eyes, I sat in what I thought was a white table, while a man came to me dress in white modern clothes and told me that he would answer anything I want to ask, I only ask one question from many I had in mind at the time, what is there after death, incredibly his answer was like the introduction of your post.

He told me and "showed me a vision of a tree, with many braches and he told me that we were the fruits or like the fruits of that tree and once we die we go back to the place of origin and the source of life, and we are one and the same along with others, but we separate to start all over again"

By that time I felt myself falling into my body and wake up from the surgery, the first thing I told the doctor was, "I had this incredible dream" he just looked at me like I was crazy.

Later I found out that is something call the tree of life and is an ancient believe that comes from the middle east and depicted many times in ancient murals.

interesting.
edit on 17-8-2013 by marg6043 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2013 @ 04:27 PM
link   
reply to post by abeverage

How can I show proof that death is the end? Like I said, I can't do or say anything to change what people already believe. You guys believe in life after death and I say that's a bunch of nonsense. I can't say anything further to explain. You'll be gone some day and after you take your final breath, it will be the end. You won't be reborn into something else or flown into heaven or some afterlife. It'll just be the end. The stop to your life.

posted on Aug, 17 2013 @ 04:29 PM
link   
The question here is MUCH more than simply "the afterlife".

In a more general sense it's about the question whether we are more than just what we are now in our physical existence.

Simple example again, dreams:

How comes I can talk, feel, see, hear, walk in dreams? Obviously, while I am sleeping my eyes are closed.

This simple example alone proves that I can use my senses entirely independently from my "real" physical senses...or how else would you explain I am able to see (or walk or whatever) while my physical body is actually sleeping, my eyes closed? So obviously, it is possibly to "experience" a reality and even make use of senses entirely independently of their "real" physical state.

Modern schools of spirituality go so far as to say that our physical body (especially the brain) are only receivers or, if you will, vessels...allowing our real "over-ego" to live-out physicality...while the real "over-ego" is entirely independent of the body. The brain is merely an "instrument" which allows this over-ego to occupy a physical body. ("Over-Ego", consciousness goes IN, occupies the brain as opposed to the idea that the brain is actually "producing" consciousness).

It's funny because every single NDE experience (where there are thousands!) and also "death-bed" experiences and reincarnation accounts confirm that. Can you discount ALL of them? It's not only "a few"..it's thousands and thousands. It would be entirely non-scientific to discount those.

posted on Aug, 17 2013 @ 04:36 PM
link   
Two questions, why do we go to a healing room before we hear about what others thought of us? If it's a bunch of bad stuff, you would think it would be the other way around? Also, you write that there is no wrong path but I would say someone like Hitler was definitely on the wrong path.

posted on Aug, 17 2013 @ 04:36 PM
link   

I have learned in life that no everybody shares the same believes, that is why we are one species but we have the ability of be independent from each other.

All my life since childhood I been able to see what others could not, as a child I could see and talk to people that others could not see and because been young I didn't understood why, once I learned that others could not see what I could and it was such things as "ghost" I got scare as I got older the things I could see started to fade to the point that they became shadows.

And the dreams started, dreams of people that I knew were gone like family and friends telling me and warning about things.

No everybody can see or feel things, others are so scare of the possibility of even seen a ghost or death people that they shut their mind to those possibilities.

Is ok, is part of human nature and your opinion should be respected.

posted on Aug, 17 2013 @ 04:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Meaningless
reply to post by abeverage

How can I show proof that death is the end? Like I said, I can't do or say anything to change what people already believe. You guys believe in life after death and I say that's a bunch of nonsense. I can't say anything further to explain. You'll be gone some day and after you take your final breath, it will be the end. You won't be reborn into something else or flown into heaven or some afterlife. It'll just be the end. The stop to your life.

I am curious, are you here just to argue and promote your own ego and be to narrow minded to even read?

Did you even take time to read the article? Where a woman was DEAD for 10 hours? And again you believe this so actually no I will not die and that will be the end of me. That is what you believe and neither of us will know until you also draw upon you last breath and face death as well.

But lets stick to the here and now your argument does not address anything I suggested. Are you also refuting science and that artificial reality is possible? Or that a non-religious afterlife is possible?

posted on Aug, 17 2013 @ 04:41 PM
link   
reply to post by fenson76

I see it this way, life in earth or in any other plane are just experiences for the soul, so the life you chose to live and what you want to accomplish is nothing but learning experiences, be a good one, mediocre or evil, once you shed your earth body, you go back to your original state be a being of light or else.

It is hard for people to think beyond their earthy lives, or the earthy body life span that is why for many they can never comprehend that in time and space beside earth time is none existent or doesn't exist.

edit on 17-8-2013 by marg6043 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2013 @ 05:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan

Energy doesn't die. It changes form. We are energy with a body 'shell'.
When we discard the shell, we become pure energy.
The frequencies of the energy are different ... but we are all energy.

We are energy,I'm sorry but exactly do you mean by that ??

I'm not criticising anyone's belief in an afterlife.I have my own opinion of the whether there's an afterlife but that's not the point I want to question.

I hear this stated as fact all the time,that by citing a principle law in physics.i.e the conservation of energy then it's a done deal but I really would like somebody to explain to me what 'we are energy' actually means.

What kind of energy are we ? Chemical ? Potential ? Electromagnetic ? Kinetic ?

Just please don't say spiritual because I don't remember spiritual energy when I did physics at college.Not saying it doesn't exist but you can't use a law of physics i.e conservation of energy to prove the existence of something that is out with physics.

Obviously we convert the parts of the fond we eat into heat,motion and presumably conciousness.

Again i'm not having a go at you it's just saying we are energy therefore we can't be destroyed,ergo there's an afterlife isn't an explanation of any kind.

posted on Aug, 17 2013 @ 05:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan

Energy doesn't die. It changes form. We are energy with a body 'shell'.
When we discard the shell, we become pure energy.
The frequencies of the energy are different ... but we are all energy.

posted on Aug, 17 2013 @ 05:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by fenson76
Two questions, why do we go to a healing room before we hear about what others thought of us? If it's a bunch of bad stuff, you would think it would be the other way around? Also, you write that there is no wrong path but I would say someone like Hitler was definitely on the wrong path.

Yeah, you would think, right? This is how Billy said it happened for him. Just posted what he said. IDK.

Hitler's path was an evil path, not the wrong path. He has a long row to hoe before going back to be with the Source.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join