It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Afterlife Revealed... Step By Step

page: 21
<< 18  19  20    22  23 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 25 2013 @ 02:23 AM
link   
reply to post by RP2SticksOfDynamite

Excuse me?! What negative comment are you making in regards to my thread?

posted on Aug, 25 2013 @ 02:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by sled735

Excuse me?! What negative comment are you making in regards to my thread?

What no sense of humour! Many of the posts on this thread are in my opinion rubbish and the idea of an afterlife is just ridiculous! But that is my opinion!! Im sure that afterlife believers are convinced!

posted on Aug, 25 2013 @ 05:35 AM
link   

Yes, I have a sense of humor.

You make me laugh.
I will be ignoring you from this point forward. I can't breathe from laughing so hard.

posted on Aug, 25 2013 @ 06:00 AM
link   

Yes, I have a sense of humor.

You make me laugh.
I will be ignoring you from this point forward. I can't breathe from laughing so hard.

Ignorance is just another form of self doubt!!
Nevermind!

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 08:34 AM
link   
reply to post by sled735

Hello again Sled.

I bought "The Afterlife of Billy Fingers" and recieved it in the post two days ago.
I've just finished reading it and was not disappointed.
It is great book and I loved every page of it. I wanted it to go on forever.

My mums husband is terminally ill and hasn't got much time left (atleast here on Earth anyway) and i'm going to pass this book onto her in an attempt to make it easier and more understandable when John passes.

Thank you for this thread. I've been searching for some reading material to give to my mum for some time now and I think this book about Billy is perfect for her. (I hope i'm doing the right thing)
So thank you again. Had you never posted this thread, I would have never found the book and it may had been too late. I'm very grateful you did.

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 03:41 PM
link   
reply to post by SilentE

You're welcome.

I'm sorry to hear about your step-dad. I hope his passing is easy, and I hope this book will ease your mother's pain. Losing a loved one is extremely hard. It helps us to know they are okay once they cross over.
It's not the end; we'll see them again someday.

Blessings to you and your family.

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 04:07 PM
link   
The problem with near death experience reports, as I see it, is that "near death" isn't "dead."

They can be clinically dead, but if those electrical are still active in the brain, and then they are resuscitated, that doesn't really prove there is an afterlife. Just that their brain contained enough electrical activity to continue to present them imagery and perception.

Dead is dead, whether or not there is an actual afterlife, I don't particularly buy that a NDE is proof of that. You won't know until you're dead, and I mean truly dead to us other fleshopods.

Not discounting the possibility, just that basing proof of an afterlife on NDE's is suspect. Flatliners anyone?

Edit: I should reaffirm I'm open to the possibility of it, just not even remotely convinced. Despite my multiple paranormal experiences, that doesn't actually allude to the fairytale afterlife as many describe. So a spirit wanders through my house? My house is nice, but it ain't heaven

Also the book appears to tie multiple believes and types of afterlives together, but that isn't necessarily hard. With a bit of effort it's easy to start stringing together anything disparate and making a cohesive whole out of it. From opinions on dreams to religion to the afterlife.
edit on 26-8-2013 by UnmitigatedDisaster because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 06:09 PM
link   
reply to post by UnmitigatedDisaster

This book is not based on a near death experience, but rather, a channeled message from the author's brother after he died.

I agree there is no way to prove an afterlife; that's where faith comes in.
However, this account of what Billy says he experienced has almost every faucet covered in the book, The Book of One, by RA, which describes the human soul, and other beings, and what the purpose is for each of us.

I find it fascinating that the accounts Billy describes match up so closely with what RA says.
It is possible this is where the author got her information, but some things are told that makes it doubtful that she copied the info from that book.

Here is the book from RA, if you would like to read it:
www.llresearch.org...

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 06:09 PM
link   
oops! Double post!

edit on 8/26/2013 by sled735 because: delete double post

posted on Aug, 27 2013 @ 11:18 AM
link   
Thanks for the link

My discussion of NDE was mostly in response to a few earlier comments about NDE's being a general proof of an afterlife, I just got lazy about quoting hehe.

posted on Aug, 27 2013 @ 03:37 PM
link   
reply to post by UnmitigatedDisaster

All you have to do is hit the "Reply To" button on the post you are replying to, and it will show who you are replying to.

posted on Aug, 27 2013 @ 05:22 PM
link   
But then I'd had to have cleaned up the quote to my liking.

lazyyyyyy

posted on Aug, 29 2013 @ 07:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Deny777
Thanks for the thread, I'll check that book out soon

The synopsis you've posted is very interesting and matches my own spiritual belief system perfectly, but seems to have some new information about the higher levels that I'd love to learn more about.

For those who are interested in the subject, there's a great book mostly about the middle levels which is also a fun read called "Eternal Life and How to Enjoy It: A First-Hand Account" by Gordon Phinn, I highly recommend it - have read it more than a half dozen times myself.

Skeptics: a much smarter man than me once said "imagination is more important than knowledge", and I would humbly add "intuition is more important than logic", even though I'm an IT consultant and need to rely on logic on an every day basis. Ultimately it boils down to this: I am 100% sure there is an "afterlife" which should really be called "real life" since IMHO what you're used to calling "reality" is just a dream. But don't take my word for it: some day we'll all have to wake up, and then you can see it for yourselves. Unexpected good news is even better isn't it?

I was going back over the thread because I knew there were books and links I wanted save.
I just finished ordering the book you mentioned. Can't wait to read it! Thanks again!

posted on Aug, 29 2013 @ 10:03 AM
link   
First, I want to thank you for bringing this book to my attention. I ordered it (kindle - instant satisfaction!) and I read maybe the first third of the book.

I will admit, I am struggling with it. I try to be open and keep an open mind. I mostly think this is genuine... I think problems I have with it mostly stem from my own biases and preconceptions. If it is all real and honest then I think a lot of things might be "lost in translation"... both in how the sister is interpreting what Billy is saying and also Billy needing to find english words to describe something that is well beyond our language or comprehension.

I very much appreciate the summary that you wrote up here. I may or may not finish the book.... I'm undecided.

What nags at me, and I feel bad about this, is the sincerity of the author. She was a songwriter... a struggling songwriter... trying to make a living in the arts. She brought this book idea to her writer's group. I mean... has anyone ever heard from anyone in her writer's group to verify the authenticity of this story? Or her friend "Tex"? This is a real story with real people, then have any of these people ("characters") in the story come forward to support the author and her claims? I can't find them anywhere, and I've looked. Again, this is just a "nagging" feeling that this story was mostly or partially fabricated to get a book published. It is baseless, and probably unfair of me to assert. It is just a feeling. But I WANT this story to be true... if it is, then what incredible insight to have to what happens when we die.

Since you've shared an interesting book and I appreciate that, let me share a book that I'm reading right now that might be of interest to you or others on this thread. It's called Mindsight and it is about near-death experiences in the blind. I'm only about 1/2 way through it. It is a bit dry, written by two researchers (Ring and Cooper) but the implications are really fascinating. The tagline sums it up "Scientific evidence of remarkable near-death and out-of-body experiences in which the blind can see with a unique kind of perception."
Personally, I love this kind of thing!

OK... that's all I have to say at this point on Billy Fingers. I'm not sure if I'll finish the book or not, but I do very much appreciate being introduced to it. I always enjoy your threads and your commentary, Sled. You have so much to offer - thank you!
Keep it up!!

posted on Aug, 29 2013 @ 02:43 PM
link   
reply to post by VegHead

Thank you for your feedback.

If she copied the information from another source, she must have gotten it from The Law of One, by RA.
There are too many similarities in the two accounts. So... it is either copied...

Or, it is real.

I've had my own suspicions about the book; not the account of what happens, but how she came across the information.

I suppose we will have to wait and see.

www.llresearch.org...

edit on 8/29/2013 by sled735 because: typo... darn fingernails!

posted on Aug, 29 2013 @ 03:04 PM
link   

reply to post by VegHead

Thank you for your feedback.

If she copied the information from another source, she must have gotten it from The Law of One, by RA.
There are too many similarities in the two accounts. So... it is either copied...

Or, it is real.

I've had my own suspicions about the book; not the account of what happens, but how she came across the information.

I suppose we will have to wait and see.

www.llresearch.org...

edit on 8/29/2013 by sled735 because: typo... darn fingernails!

What you can do is use your own intuition to see if anything is a lie or is it the truth. If you had any six sense training, try closing your eyes and meditating on the words in the book. Using your third eye, you can see where the information truly came from. If it helps, visualize what the words in the paragraph are describing. Your six sense will tell you immediately if the information is valid and where it came from. It might not work the first time; but keep trying, you will get it.

Practice makes perfect, the more you use your six sense on a daily basis, the easier it gets. You can practice by changing the outcome of a coin toss, seeing the answer to multiple choice questions without reading the question, and even reading a letter, newspaper, or magazine without reading it. When you get more advanced, you can repair electronics and heal yourself and others just by using your mind. You can use telepathy to know what a person is thinking. Because people broadcast their thoughts. It is up to you to read it. Using your psychic ability is part of spiritual training, so it is important for all of us. :-) It's not easy. But continue to expand your mind every day with knowledge and wisdom, as well as increase your love of God and the ALL. The abilities you gain will come.

edit on 8/29/2013 by ctophil because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2013 @ 05:32 PM
link   

ctophil
What most of us want to do before incarnating onto the Physical Plane is look at our weaknesses and try to transform them into strengths. So what you saw was that one of your weaknesses is to be with a person who will teach you a good lesson about seeing God in ALL things. The problem with 99% of folks on Earth is that they choose to LISTEN and LIVE with their Lower Selves or the EGO created by your Soul as you descended onto the planet. Therefore, they are blinded by the Ego. They are usually so blind that they can't see past their judgements, depictions of evil and good, and they think that hurting others don't hurt themselves. You and I both know that all these are illusions ALL created by the Ego.

I see it as incarnating again as what we missed the last time around; of course, we forget the object of intent as soon as we become human again. I have have had many arguements about this with my higher selves (I WILL REMEMBER THE MISSION) not ever happening. I have had to start from scratch this time, and I succeeded in understanding myself and reasons for being.

ctophil
You may or may not learn your lesson in this lifetime, but I am hoping you will. Learn to accept the person's faults, for it is also his lessons as well. Learn forgiveness and unconditional love. This love is God's love, not man's understanding of love. What is the difference you ask? Well, learn to realize that man's Ego is NOT OF God and that man's Conscious Self or the Spirit came from God. Thus, you must love every man or woman's Conscious Self unconditionally. As far as you are concerned, the Ego part of the person can die and just go away. Do your best to continue teaching this person to raise their consciousness by getting rid of that ugly monster called the Ego. It has many layers of deceptions. You must be wise as a Serpent but harmless as a Dove. I am not just speaking of the other person, but also of yourself. For when you FULLY understand yourself, you will also know everybody else. Man's love is selfish, conditional love. God's love is selfless, unconditional love, which must be truly no conditions involved. People may think they love their spouse unconditionally, but it is only an illusion created by the Ego.

Oh yes am I not a stranger to these things existing within my own family. I find that Ego worship, fear of self/others and pride ruin everything.

ctophil
Another thing is that Karma plays a big role in this life as well. The life that you lead in the past may also require you to be with a person in this life to balance your Karma. For example, in the past, you were mean, hurtful, and just plain devilishly awful. This is an extreme example, but I want you grasp what I'm saying here. So in order to balance your Karma, you volunteered to be with someone who is the exact opposite of what your Earthly mind may envision. In between lives, we all have to meet with the Lords of Karma (Heavenly beings who work on balancing of the Universal Karma) eventually. So you had agreed with them to work on regulating your Karma in this life. So understand that there are many factors why certain things happen in life. Nothing in this universe is absolute; it is all subject to our choices that we make, transcending time and space.

The extreme of Karma was that you murdered the person and are now about to be murdered by them or are married to them. I understand its all agreed in the sentient world of 'no gross matter', its the monkey wrench that you immediately forget as soon as incarnated, and the object is to understand all of this by yourself (break some rules?) do it all without guidance. Its nearly impossible to imagine it can be done, but I HAVE.

Regards; VeteranHumanBeing
edit on 30-8-2013 by vethumanbeing because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2013 @ 04:25 PM
link   
*BUMP*

Has anyone else tried this yet?

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 08:01 AM
link   

*BUMP*

Has anyone else tried this yet?

Please excuse the post above. I thought I was in one of my other threads.

And while I'm here, I want to thank Ctophil for his last post in telling me to use my intuition to "feel" when things are right, or wrong.

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 06:55 AM
link   

new topics

top topics

<< 18  19  20    22  23 >>

join