It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Afterlife Revealed... Step By Step

page: 19
<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 19 2013 @ 05:10 PM
link   
reply to post by ctophil

You explained that very well. Thank you.

I also read the link to your post in the other thread. Great job.

posted on Aug, 19 2013 @ 06:05 PM
link   
reply to post by AfterInfinity

Who says the whole of the Afterlife has been mapped by theology?

~ Wandering Scribe

posted on Aug, 19 2013 @ 07:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Wandering Scribe

"Theology" didn't bring us this tale. It's a personal account, not a documentary put together by an institution or a corporation. The afterlife is as mysterious and alien as outer space, and yet we have ways to study both. As I've always said, modern science has only existed for about 200 years. Give it time. See what happens after another two centuries have passed.

posted on Aug, 19 2013 @ 07:53 PM
link   
Originally posted by King Loki

veteranhumanbeing
If you cannot state your purpose (YOUR OWN IDEA PERFECT) without having to reference a multitude of "JOURNALS" or a support staff of minions than you are nothing but a person attributing a FOOTNOTE to someone elses missive. You are not a free thinker. YOU ARE A BORROWER OF OTHERS IDEAS.

THERE IS NO POINT IN EDITING MY QUOTES TO SUITE YOUR FANCY; I WILL SIMPLY PLACE THEM BACK.

KingLoki
free thinking does not mean disregarding science to create things that are just not real ... there is plenty of fascinating subjects that are real and can be documented ... without having to make things up that are clearly not real and have been explained by science quiet well.

Free thinking is not INCLUSIVE to Science alone, there are many disaplines (theoretical, philosophical, theological). Im with Akragon, how do you know 100% that afterlife does not exist, and I would suppose you would like ME to proove (as well) that 100% afterlife DOES INDEED exist. Well, that is just a ridiculous notion/pipedream; its subjective to personal soul growth and experience (although you say YOUR SCIENCE HAS PREVAILED); how so exactly, without your multitude of personal publications?
edit on 19-8-2013 by vethumanbeing because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2013 @ 08:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Akragon
reply to post by TheEthicalSkeptic

Personally i find it highly amusing that a "medical scientist" would have nothing better to do at work other then sit on ATS for hours laughing at the replies with his collaegues as he stated

Seems more like an activity best persued from one's parent's basement...

During a sleep over with a computer, tent, flashlight and 12 year old mind games (lets play with the adults).

posted on Aug, 19 2013 @ 08:10 PM
link   
reply to post by AfterInfinity

I know that the book being discussed is is one person's personal, anecdotal statement concerning a channeled view of the Afterlife. I was replying to your post though, where you asked what happens to atheists in my view of the Afterlife.

It's simple really: I don't think that all of the Afterlife is known, which is why every culture has all of these trials and exams that must be passed to gain admittance. If the religions of the world have gated community Afterlives, then it means those gates are there to keep something out.

Maybe that's where all the atheists wander.

Or maybe they just sleep in their graves forever.

Neither option much distresses me.

If they don't want to be a part of it, why should they be forced to?

~ Wandering Scribe

posted on Aug, 19 2013 @ 08:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Toadmund
-->Originally posted by King Loki

Can you show/link me the scientific journal that confirms we have a spirit ??
Because if you cannot you are basing your entire statement on something that you have made up in your own head basically.

posted on Aug, 19 2013 @ 08:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by AfterInfinity
reply to post by Wandering Scribe

What about atheists? Continual reincarnation until their application no longer reads "undecided"? Or is there a special realm of pure torment for those who have the audacity to reject theism?

I would call that VERY BRAVE to contemplate a NO THING ATTACHED contract with your higher selves. OF course that is not viable and you will have failed on some level as you refuse to address or contemplate yourself JUST BECAUSE THEY ARE INVISABLE and live in a dimension you cannot see (how ridiculous is that). Atheists are given a special place (I would imagine) whereby they can for eternity discuss the absense of a God Form, and I can see it now, someone must become King/ruler of yourselves. What would that name be and how would the hierarchy work, castes, 1-5,, determine the most atheistic by vote of straws? the lessor or more agnostic (fieners) get to tend the animals. Pure torment would be a bunch of atheists in a room AGREEING TO EVERY decided Doctrine. NO arguement at all; other than producing the FIRST BOOK BIBLE of atheism
EVER (do you not think its about time). Publishing it may be a problem.
edit on 19-8-2013 by vethumanbeing because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2013 @ 08:37 PM
link   
reply to post by ctophil

You will not understand this ctophil, but this is why the reincarnated Mary Magdelene and Yeshua Ben Joseph are Atheists.

posted on Aug, 19 2013 @ 09:30 PM
link   
reply to post by King Loki

You do know that Jesus did not exist and that the entire Jesus story was ripped off from more ancient religions some formed over 12,500 years ago, 10,500 years before Jesus was even said to exist ... dont believe me ? go read the story of Horus from Egypt. Here ill make it easy for you ... here is 10 Christ figures with the same story of Jesus that predate him historically by thousands of years ...

Has it EVER occurred to you or anyone else for that matter that Jesus BEcame Christ through BEing? Through incarnations into different men/women over the course of humanity and even before we had form... he was a soul that became perfect in every sense of the word and he is said to be the first AND last?

It's really easy to understand.... if you want to understand that is.

posted on Aug, 19 2013 @ 10:51 PM
link   
reply to post by MamaJ

Has it ever occurred to you that Jesus became Christ through syncretism? That the Roman Catholic Church, during its imperial period, attempted to subjugate the pagans, heathens, and polytheists of Europe through Jesus Christ by turning him into any, and every, deity that was seen as an opposition?

The popularity, growth, and spread of Christianity was not achieved because of the effectiveness of Christian spirituality, but through the iron fist of the Roman empire, who made it illegal to worship anyone, or anything, else. Subsequently, missionaries, bishops, and the Holy See gave Jesus the characteristics of any deity whom the Roman citizenry were unwilling to abandon.

Jesus Christ, His Church, and all of the Christian religion is a fraud; a stain on human history.

~ Wandering Scribe

edit on 19/8/13 by Wandering Scribe because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2013 @ 10:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan

up to 15% of the world population has experienced an NDE
That's not 15% of people who have died and come back ... that's 15% of the entire population.
I don't know what the percentage is of people who have died and come back who have
experienced NDEs .... I'm googling that now ...

Yabbut...because 15% of people had an NDE doesn't prove LAD, it could as well mean 15% of those people had a dimethyltryptamine experience.

posted on Aug, 19 2013 @ 11:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by kudegras
We live, we die and then we get to do it all over again. Dont take my word for it, read the Tibetan book of the dead.
Written 1200 years ago, if they got it wrong would these people still be practicing their faith and disciplines.

Just because they still practice what they did and still have BELIEFS about it, does not make it true.
They are describing what they experience through meditations. (while they were alive I must add)

Anyway no-one here truly has an answer as we are all currently alive, and meaningless I am so sad for your lack of any belief other than such a negative one.

You are right, nobody has an answer, and what you have is a BELIEF, not factual knowledge and why would thinking otherwise be negative if it may just be the truth?

I hope that something positive and not so meaningless comes along to give you something to feel happy about.

I don't know who you are referring to, but everyone wants something positive, but don't believe what may not be fact in an attempt to be happy.

I am an agnostic (I do not know)
Everybody is an agnostic, because quite frankly, they don't know either, they just say they do.

posted on Aug, 19 2013 @ 11:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Toadmund

Originally posted by FlyersFan

up to 15% of the world population has experienced an NDE
That's not 15% of people who have died and come back ... that's 15% of the entire population.
I don't know what the percentage is of people who have died and come back who have
experienced NDEs .... I'm googling that now ...

Yabbut...because 15% of people had an NDE doesn't prove LAD, it could as well mean 15% of those people had a dimethyltryptamine experience.

What would you say about people who've come back to life after several days after being pronounced clinically brain dead?

Chemicals don't work on a dead body...

posted on Aug, 19 2013 @ 11:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rainbowresidue
reply to post by Toadmund

Discoveries in Physics Prove we Possess a Soul

www.cfpf.org.uk...

Hi,
I'm not a scientist, but I did a little searching around
and I found this website and thought it may interest you.

I am reading this stuff now in your link, however I have read a few articles, and I read them talking about them proving it somewhat, but I have yet to get to the part that describes what they did to come to their conclusion.

posted on Aug, 19 2013 @ 11:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

How dead is clinically dead?
I must read up on that.

Clinical death is the medical term for cessation of blood circulation and breathing, the two necessary criteria to sustain human and many other organisms' lives.[1] It occurs when the heart stops beating in a regular rhythm, a condition called cardiac arrest. The term is also sometimes used in resuscitation research.en.wikipedia.org...

What about the brain.
Life support?
edit on 19-8-2013 by Toadmund because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2013 @ 11:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Toadmund

I didn't believe it was possible either... but another member had a reply to one of my comments in a thread a while back... One of the few times I was actually at a loss for words on ATS

There were a few stories where people have been dead and cold for a long time... I believe 7 days was the longest... They might just be made up stories of course, but I don't see a purpose to making something like that up...

Who knows though... this world is cracked...

Edit: No man... brain dead... cold as a stone...

edit on 19-8-2013 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2013 @ 12:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Meaningless
You can't argue with those who already made their mind up,

boy you just said a mouthful,lol.
Gotta love the irony.

posted on Aug, 20 2013 @ 04:06 AM
link   
Interesting thread.

I'd like to believe there is life after death, but I'm not entirely convinced. Still, this book seems worth reading.

posted on Aug, 20 2013 @ 04:32 AM
link   
S & F Sled - thanks for posting this it actually makes a lot of sense to me I don't know if I believe in an afterlife but if I do that's how I would imagine it. I will most definitely read the book now very intriguing. Thanks again!

top topics

<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join