It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Afterlife Revealed... Step By Step

page: 16
<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 18 2013 @ 09:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by King Loki
Are you that naive that you think scientists constantly write scientifically ... that is bloody ridiculous mate ... do you talk the same way in a computer game that you would write an essay in ... no ... no one does.

Your grasp on what is actually real seems to be very thin and you dont seem to grasp many concepts.

I have to write scientifically all day mate, So i do not do it when I am at home .... just like no one else likes to do work while they are at home ... why do i have to explain simple things to you ... seriously

Scientists are real people too lol .. its just my job not my entire life ... or do you do your job 24 hours a day 7 days a week ?? whether you are at home or not ??
edit on 18/8/13 by King Loki because: (no reason given)

This is comical.

I have to ask, are you really seriously countering with this line of reason? If you are doing this for entertainment, it makes much more sense.

Either way I am enjoying this.

posted on Aug, 18 2013 @ 09:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Akragon
reply to post by King Loki

Nope... I've been following along with your replies...

All you have is insults and claims... Everyone is wrong but you... everyone else is just crazy or a liar...

I don't waste my time with attitudes like that... sorry

wow why are you even on this site ... are you looking for the truth or a you looking to proliferate your own fallacy by cherry picking information you want ... because you are clearly not looking for any truth or you would have read the journals when i linked them ...

but claiming a moral superiority to back out of providing evidence seems like your strategy for keeping your fallacy alive.

posted on Aug, 18 2013 @ 09:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheEthicalSkeptic

Are you that naive that you think scientists constantly write scientifically ... that is bloody ridiculous mate ... do you talk the same way in a computer game that you would write an essay in ... no ... no one does.

Your grasp on what is actually real seems to be very thin and you dont seem to grasp many concepts.

I have to write scientifically all day mate, So i do not do it when I am at home .... just like no one else likes to do work while they are at home ... why do i have to explain simple things to you ... seriously

Scientists are real people too lol .. its just my job not my entire life ... or do you do your job 24 hours a day 7 days a week ?? whether you are at home or not ??

This is comical.

I have to ask, are you really seriously countering with this line of reason? If you are doing this for entertainment, it makes much more sense.

Either way I am enjoying this.

I am enjoying the fact that it's 2013 and you still believe in the adult version of santa clause and his elves haha regardless of the actual science which i have linked you already.

Refusing to read the journals is enough information for me to know how unintelligent you actually are

and you still have not linked me the journal that confirms your side of the argument yet ... send please or else there is no point replying because you have skirted this issue from 2 people so far ... so i know its not me ...

posted on Aug, 18 2013 @ 09:06 PM
link   
I have also read it is during this time we regress in appearance to our early thirties, around age 33, if we are older when we die.
I have a question about this sentence.If you have no physical body how do you appear to be 33 years old?

posted on Aug, 18 2013 @ 09:07 PM
link   

I have linked entire journals for you to read ... I have no obligation to teach you anything for free ... read the journals.

Summarize them for me. In your own words. What stands as the null hypothesis in most cases, and what was the first exception to the null hypothesis? What aggregation confidence method did they use on the data typically? And is the best and latest testing predictive or falsifying in nature?

What doubts do you carry concerning the research, and what would be the next iterative studies which might allay those doubts?

These are easy peasy things for a person so well read. If you can cite this, everyone here will be listening intently.

edit on 18-8-2013 by TheEthicalSkeptic because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2013 @ 09:11 PM
link   

I have linked entire journals for you to read ... I have no obligation to teach you anything for free ... read the journals.

Summarize them for me. In your own words. What stands as the null hypothesis in most cases, and what was the first exception to the null hypothesis? What aggregation confidence method did they use on the data typically? And is the best and latest testing predictive or falsifying in nature?

These are easy peasy things for a person so well read. If you can cite this, everyone here will be listening intently.

you side stepped the issue once again (thats 3 times now you have answered 2 peoples questions with ... you guessed it questions, that is a 100% sign of someone who has no idea what he is talking about) ... I have linked the articles for you to read .... read them yourself the science is there ... i shouldn't have even had to link them to you at all .... how do you even debate a topic when you haven't read the science behind any of it ... that is truly mind boggling

If you were really schooled on the subject you would have already read them ... the fact that you have not already shows how little research you actually do on any topic

Asking me to summorise 4-5 hours of material that you dont even know the basics of would be impossible (it would be like trying to teach a first grader how to speak Icelandic) ... you dont have the fundamental knowledge to actually understand what im talking about because you cant even graps the basics ... so as i have said ... read the journals because you will need a whole lot of background information before you could understand the basic concept.

posted on Aug, 18 2013 @ 09:16 PM
link   

All you have is insults and claims... Everyone is wrong but you... everyone else is just crazy or a liar...

wow why are you even on this site ... are you looking for the truth or a you looking to proliferate your own fallacy by cherry picking information you want ... because you are clearly not looking for any truth or you would have read the journals when i linked them ...

but claiming a moral superiority to back out of providing evidence seems like your strategy for keeping your fallacy alive.

Well I do enjoy mocking people who think they know everything.... Its lots of fun...

And considering I haven't made a single claim In this thread other then the fact that you're completely naïve if you think you know for 100% fact that there is no after life.

That is hilarious... So i'll have to agree with the other member who stated quite clearly...

You haven't got a clue...

posted on Aug, 18 2013 @ 09:16 PM
link   
To be on topic.. ahem..

After life can only be answered by ones belief system. If you believe in an after life.. then you do. If you do not.. then you choose to believe there is nothing.

The fact of the matter is, there is absolutely ZERO point in arguing about who is right or wrong. No one living knows the answer. We will all die someday. You will either get your answer, or you won't.

I tend to CHOOSE to believe that there is a life after we die. I CHOOSE to believe this because I don't understand the purpose or meaning of why we are even alive. I am not a religious person, but I do believe in god... or gods.

What tends to make me wonder if there is nothing after you die is when I think of scale. We are but microscopic specs of nothingness when compared to our "known" universe. And there could be billions of universes out there. So in reality.. human beings are nothing. Not even a flash on a timeline. Our entire existence has been quicker than the blink of the eye. So why are we so special? There are billions of other species on this planet. Why are we any better than they, that we get to continue on after we die. Does an ant have a soul? Does an ant get to go to heaven? If not, why are WE better than an ant?

What makes me "hope" that there is an after life is.. I don't know.. fear? I mean, we're thrown into this world. We live, raise our own children and then die. Maybe some of us make a difference in the world, and affect change.. but most of us don't. So then.. why are we here? If you believe in evolution (as I do).. then WHY did we evolve? Just to die? What purpose do we serve? So I choose to believe that perhaps there is something else beyond our years here on earth. And I believe others choose the same, because without hope there is nothingness. And when I think about continuing my life, just to die and rot in the ground? It is not a happy thought. Thinking about all the struggles that lie ahead of me.. just to decompose? No thank you.. so I chose to believe. I've also read so many accounts of NDE's and other situations (such as OBE's, ghosts, etc) that I know I'm not alone in my beliefs. So maybe there IS something after we are gone. What that is, I don't know.

I never really bought into the whole "a family member or friend meets you". I mean.. let's say I die when I'm 76 (im 36 now), and I meet my grandfather. He died when I was 15. My grandpa's gonna hang around for 61 years to meet me? Why wouldn't he have moved on to somewhere, or something else? Of course, then that gets me thinking about time. I'm starting to believe that time is past,present,and future.. right now. Everything that has happened, is happening and will happen is going on right now. That's a whole different topic.

So really.. there is no point in getting into arguments or throwing around science vs religion. Because the fact is, neither science NOR religion knows what happens when we die. We're all just guessing.

posted on Aug, 18 2013 @ 09:17 PM
link   

and you still have not linked me the journal that confirms your side of the argument yet ...

My side of the argument is that this matter has not been researched sufficiently to answer. Perhaps they are only hallucinatory in nature, perhaps they are real.

Angry intimidating pseudoscience and chest pounding proclamations of final science, attempting to block any further research and to enforce my personal religion on everyone, is an activity in which you will not find me participating.

Something I learned in undergraduate and graduate school. Like most.

posted on Aug, 18 2013 @ 09:19 PM
link   

Well I do enjoy mocking people who think they know everything.... Its lots of fun...

And considering I haven't made a single claim In this thread other then the fact that you're completely naïve if you think you know for 100% fact that there is no after life.

That is hilarious... So i'll have to agree with the other member who stated quite clearly...

If you think you are mocking me with your stupidity is fun go right ahead ... you are clearly not stable so your opinion dosnt really mean much

But hey have fun with your adult version of santa.

posted on Aug, 18 2013 @ 09:22 PM
link   

and you still have not linked me the journal that confirms your side of the argument yet ...

My side of the argument is that this matter has not been researched sufficiently to answer. Perhaps they are only hallucinatory in nature, perhaps they are real.

Angry intimidating pseudoscience and chest pounding proclamations of final science, attempting to block any further research and to enforce my personal religion on everyone, is an activity in which you will not find me participating.

Something I learned in undergraduate and graduate school. Like most.

you still have not linked me any journals that claim the opposite to what I am saying ... this is the 4th time i have asked and the 4th time you have side stepped it

I'm beginning to think you have no actual real information here to work with ??

posted on Aug, 18 2013 @ 09:24 PM
link   

didn't i post many journals on this already .... im talking about things that people know because clearly none of you have read a journal ... so its the only thing you can relate to ... you cant be this stupid ??

you have forced me to talk to you like a child because you dont understand any science nor do you have any desire to read the correct science ... you're happy with your testimonials and liers

You don't appear to grasp or relate the ability to summarize the essence of those journals. Furthermore, your writing does not appear to bear the discipline of a person holding a degree in science, humanities or the arts.

No, I have published, patented, reviewed, co-authored, provided refutations and read. I am just wondering if you really have.

Why are you asking me to summorise when I have linked entire journals for you to read ... I have no obligation to teach you anything for free ... read the journals.

Most intelligent people already know what im talking about here ... I should not have to baby you through publicly available knowledge that has been linked directly too you. this site say deny ignorance ... yet you proliferate it by refusing to read the science to educate yourself

If you cannot state your purpose (YOUR OWN IDEA PERFECT) without having to reference a multitude of "JOURNALS" or a support staff of minions; then you are nothing but a person attributing a FOOTNOTE to someone elses missive (giving it credit) You are not a free thinker, you are a borrower of thought.
edit on 18-8-2013 by vethumanbeing because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2013 @ 09:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by vethumanbeing

didn't i post many journals on this already .... im talking about things that people know because clearly none of you have read a journal ... so its the only thing you can relate to ... you cant be this stupid ??

you have forced me to talk to you like a child because you dont understand any science nor do you have any desire to read the correct science ... you're happy with your testimonials and liers

You don't appear to grasp or relate the ability to summarize the essence of those journals. Furthermore, your writing does not appear to bear the discipline of a person holding a degree in science, humanities or the arts.

No, I have published, patented, reviewed, co-authored, provided refutations and read. I am just wondering if you really have.

Why are you asking me to summorise when I have linked entire journals for you to read ... I have no obligation to teach you anything for free ... read the journals.

Most intelligent people already know what im talking about here ... I should not have to baby you through publicly available knowledge that has been linked directly too you. this site say deny ignorance ... yet you proliferate it by refusing to read the science to educate yourself

If you cannot state your purpose (YOUR OWN IDEA PERFECT) without having to reference a multitude of "JOURNALS" or a support staff of minions than you are nothing but a person attributing a FOOTNOTE to someone elses missive. You are not a free thinker.

free thinking does not mean disregarding science to create things that are just not real ... there is plenty of fascinating subjects that are real and can be documented ... without having to make things up that are clearly not real and have been explained by science quiet well.

posted on Aug, 18 2013 @ 09:28 PM
link   

If you think you are mocking me with your stupidity is fun go right ahead ... you are clearly not stable so your opinion dosnt really mean much

Thanks for making my point.... Insults and claims backed by nothing but your own word...

I have different opinions then you... so im delusional and unstable...

Likewise... have fun with your 100% proof....

You're the only person on the planet with that 100%

posted on Aug, 18 2013 @ 09:31 PM
link   

Thanks for making my point.... Insults and claims backed by nothing but your own word...

I have different opinions then you... so im delusional and unstable...

Likewise... have fun with your 100% proof....

You're the only person on the planet with that 100%

Really am I the only one ?? or is it pretty much the entire scientific community you might wanna do your research on that

I have to insult you ... you refuse to read the science then claim I'm wrong without reading ... mate that is high class stupidity there

what do you think they would say to a scientist who did what you're doing ??/ oh no i haven't read anything on the subject but i think this ... you would get laughed out of the community ... just like the 5 people in my office laughing at your responses

posted on Aug, 18 2013 @ 09:32 PM
link   

you still have not linked me any journals that claim the opposite to what I am saying ... this is the 4th time i have asked and the 4th time you have side stepped it

As a medical scientists I can almost guarantee you that there is no god, no after life and no actual supernatural occurrences .... We are just animals like everything else ... nothing happens when you die ...

You made an absolute claim, that

1) you are a medical scientist, and
2) that you can almost guarantee there is no god, afterlife, nor supernatural

You have not backed up this claim.

I have not made a claim. You did not actually read what I said, did you?

posted on Aug, 18 2013 @ 09:35 PM
link   

Thus proving I have no need to waste my time...

You HAVE TO insult me?

pathetic... You have the attitude of a teenager who thinks he has the world figured out...

And if you're not a teenager... that makes your attitude even more sad...

Good luck bud

posted on Aug, 18 2013 @ 09:36 PM
link   

You made an absolute claim. I have not made a claim. You did not actually read what I said, did you?

No not really ... if you refuse to do your own research (which you have shown is true) i pretty much write you off as a lost cause information wise as would the rest of the scientific community

we are just entertaining ourselves in the office now laughing at your guys responses and the refusal to read the science yourself ... deliberately making yourself stupid seems pretty counter intuitive to me ... but hey call me crazy haha

posted on Aug, 18 2013 @ 09:39 PM
link   

Thus proving I have no need to waste my time...

You HAVE TO insult me?

pathetic... You have the attitude of a teenager who thinks he has the world figured out...

And if you're not a teenager... that makes your attitude even more sad...

Good luck bud

yeah my attitude of using science and logic ... some one should do something about that ... since you dont like using real facts

posted on Aug, 18 2013 @ 09:40 PM
link   

"we" are just entertaining ourselves in the office now laughing at your guys responses and the refusal to read the science yourself ... deliberately making yourself stupid seems pretty counter intuitive to me ... but hey call me crazy haha

No,
I think Akragon has it nailed. You are just a kid.

Good night. LOL!!

top topics

<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join