It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Afterlife Revealed... Step By Step

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 18 2013 @ 06:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by King Loki
As a medical scientists I can almost guarantee you that there is no god, no after life and no actual supernatural occurrences ....

We are just animals like everything else ... nothing happens when you die ... also the study with rats only shows that there is brain activity after you die (in rats, not humans) which everyone assumed anyways ... nothing else. nothing break through there

Everyone can believe in what they like ... but you are almost 100% wrong believing in these types of things.

Most scientists know that what you experience after deaths is a massive dose of Dimethyltryptamine which is one of the most potent psychedelics known to man ... even people who take it while they are alive have the same "after death" experiences as people who have so called NDE's ...

So that explains away the entire after death experience to me, if it can be recreated in some one alive using the same drug (Dimethyltryptamine) ... it is clearly nothing to do with an "after life" and more to do with the chemistry of the brain reacting to the dose of Dimethyltryptamine.
edit on 18/8/13 by King Loki because: (no reason given)

While the Dimethyltryptamine is ONE of the few explanations which is viable, it doesn't explain that

* ALMOST ALL people have the same experiences, eg. never reporting of living persons "in the afterlife" and many other, common circumstances.

* The release of Dimethyltryptamine in situations where there is NO dying brain, such in the case of the woman who had an "almost accident" and then a NDE without experiencing any physical harm.

Furthermore, there ARE scientists (look up that neurosurgeon, Eben Alexander) who strongly agree with you, although I disagree with his religious interpretation.

Seriously, as a medical scientist..you should know that we know very, very little when it comes to our consciousness, how it is "created" and how the brain actually comes in there. There is not enough evidence to simply suggest that the brain works just in a mechanistic way.

posted on Aug, 18 2013 @ 06:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rainbowresidue

To: TheEthicalSkeptic:
Thank you, you're very nice.

Thanks, And it's a great story Rainbow. These people are afraid inside. This fear is very deep, and it pushes them to say angry and spiteful things they would not normally express in real life.

Clinging to false extrapolations off scant science or absolute religious teachings are defensive methods they use, magical shrouds to protect them from the inner fear they possess.

Personally, I do not feel I have acted with integrity until I look at both sides of the issue fairly (actually there are more than two) and see the merit they all possess. That is what you do, when you dismiss the fear and begin to act like an adult.

edit on 18-8-2013 by TheEthicalSkeptic because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2013 @ 06:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheEthicalSkeptic

To: TheEthicalSkeptic:
Thank you, you're very nice.

Thanks, And it's a great story Rainbow. These people are afraid inside. This fear is very deep, and it pushes them to say angry and spiteful things they would not normally express in real life.

Clinging to false extrapolations off scant science or absolute religious teachings are defensive methods they use, magical shrouds to protect them from the inner fear they possess.

Personally, I do not feel I have acted with integrity until I look at both sides of the issue fairly (actually there are more than two) and see the merit they all possess. That is what you do, when you dismiss the fear and begin to act like an adult.

edit on 18-8-2013 by TheEthicalSkeptic because: (no reason given)

Dont act like you look at both sides of an argument lol

You clearly pick a side and reinforce those ideas by cherry picking information that suits your belief ... you demonstrated that to me earlier very clearly

posted on Aug, 18 2013 @ 06:20 PM
link   

A real scientist looks at both sides of an argument and makes an informed and tested decision ... you have looked at 1 side and decided already ... that is the definition of stupid ... seriously

I did not say that I have decided. Where did you read that?

I simply protested when you declared the subject solved and that everyone else was an idiot who did not agree with you.

posted on Aug, 18 2013 @ 06:21 PM
link   

Dont act like you look at both sides of an argument lol

You clearly pick a side and reinforce those ideas by cherry picking information that suits your belief ... you demonstrated that to me earlier very clearly

No, I am holding you to adult and methodical standards of argument.

posted on Aug, 18 2013 @ 06:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by NoRulesAllowed

As a medical scientists I can almost guarantee you that there is no god, no after life and no actual supernatural occurrences ....

We are just animals like everything else ... nothing happens when you die ... also the study with rats only shows that there is brain activity after you die (in rats, not humans) which everyone assumed anyways ... nothing else. nothing break through there

Everyone can believe in what they like ... but you are almost 100% wrong believing in these types of things.

Most scientists know that what you experience after deaths is a massive dose of Dimethyltryptamine which is one of the most potent psychedelics known to man ... even people who take it while they are alive have the same "after death" experiences as people who have so called NDE's ...

So that explains away the entire after death experience to me, if it can be recreated in some one alive using the same drug (Dimethyltryptamine) ... it is clearly nothing to do with an "after life" and more to do with the chemistry of the brain reacting to the dose of Dimethyltryptamine.

While the Dimethyltryptamine is ONE of the few explanations which is viable, it doesn't explain that

* ALMOST ALL people have the same experiences, eg. never reporting of living persons "in the afterlife" and many other, common circumstances.

* The release of Dimethyltryptamine in situations where there is NO dying brain, such in the case of the woman who had an "almost accident" and then a NDE without experiencing any physical harm.

Furthermore, there ARE scientists (look up that neurosurgeon, Eben Alexander) who strongly agree with you, although I disagree with his religious interpretation.

Seriously, as a medical scientist..you should know that we know very, very little when it comes to our consciousness, how it is "created" and how the brain actually comes in there. There is not enough evidence to simply suggest that the brain works just in a mechanistic way.

You dont need to have physical trauma or dying brain to produce Dimethyltryptamine ... you actually produce it every night of your life when you hit REM sleep (dreaming is actually tripping on Dimethyltryptamine)

As I said NDE's have been recreated by astronauts training in centrifuges they have described leaving their bodys and all the other "hallmark" NDE signs lol and they are clearly not even close to death. We now know the cetrifuge is making the brain produce Dimethyltryptamine while they are in there. Proving again the Dimethyltryptamine is the most likely cause for the entire NDE' phenomena.

and many many people who take Dimethyltryptamine have the same experiences down to the fact of talking to same named entities and recalling similar geographical/geometrical areas ... even the amazonian brew Ayahuasca which has the active ingredient Dimethyltryptamine reproduces this as well.

posted on Aug, 18 2013 @ 06:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by seasoul
"With belief in reincarnation, the prejudices of races and castes fall dead, since the same spirit can be reborn rich or poor, lord or beggar, master or subordinate, free or enslaved, man or woman. Of all the arguments brought against the injustice of servitude and slavery, against the subjection of the weaker to the rule of the stronger, there is no one of them which expresses so logically the reason therefore as the law of reincarnation. If, then, reincarnation is founded upon a law of nature which is the source of universal brotherhood, it is based upon the same law as that of the equality of social rights and of freedom." -- Genesis, Allan Kadec.

source: sgny.org...

edit on 17-8-2013 by seasoul because: (no reason given)

Thank you for the link! It will give me something new to read.

posted on Aug, 18 2013 @ 06:36 PM
link   
This seems to be the common message that's coming through from psychics, channellers, intuitives etc is that this earthly game we play is just a learning experience. It's remarkable just how many are all reporting very similar information.

Also NDE experiences are a wealth of information in themselves if one takes the time to read up on.

Either way we look at this and no matter what you believe happens or doesn't happen after we die, I believe the key point is to live in the moment. Be the best person you can be and help those around you.

posted on Aug, 18 2013 @ 06:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by sled735

Oh my!

I was going to share another paranormal experience I had, but forget it. It's not worth all the negativity I would receive. This is partly the reason why I only have so many posts after being here for over 3 years.
Some people get too upset, and start lashing out.

Thanks to all who have been kind and supportive.
I'll go over to reading some breaking news instead.

Go post in my paranormal thread. (Click on my signature). You won't be ridiculed there.

As the rest of these people are just as crazy as each other, and understand nothing about actual science ... even on the subjects in which they are interested in.

somehow the deny ignorance part of this website has been forgotten about ...

Do you know the saying, 'Experience is the best teacher' ?
I, and others, have gained wisdom through "experience". "Knowledge" is gained by reading a book.

I place "wisdom" above "knowledge". Not to say that I/we don't have knowledge about these subjects, but wisdom places us high above your knowledge on the subject of the paranormal/spiritual. You are the one showing ignorance from the kind of statements you are making.

posted on Aug, 18 2013 @ 06:48 PM
link   

Oh my!

I was going to share another paranormal experience I had, but forget it. It's not worth all the negativity I would receive. This is partly the reason why I only have so many posts after being here for over 3 years.
Some people get too upset, and start lashing out.

Thanks to all who have been kind and supportive.
I'll go over to reading some breaking news instead.

Go post in my paranormal thread. (Click on my signature). You won't be ridiculed there.

As the rest of these people are just as crazy as each other, and understand nothing about actual science ... even on the subjects in which they are interested in.

somehow the deny ignorance part of this website has been forgotten about ...

Do you know the saying, 'Experience is the best teacher' ?
I, and others, have gained wisdom through "experience". "Knowledge" is gained by reading a book.

I place "wisdom" above "knowledge". Not to say that I/we don't have knowledge about these subjects, but wisdom places us high above your knowledge on the subject of the paranormal/spiritual. You are the one showing ignorance from the kind of statements you are making.

There is clear evidence in my statements there has been none so far from the other side, and no, testimonials do not count as fact or knowledge or wisdom at all ... humans can say whatever they want .. and its not hard to convince someone of something that isn't true ... your ignorance is the fact that you have not looked at both asides properly ... you have cherry picked information that suits you ... how many scientific journals have you read to completion in your life ... I'm guessing 0 and I'm quiet sure I'm right

where as it is my job to read them for at least 2-3 hours a day for the last 9 years of my life ...

posted on Aug, 18 2013 @ 06:52 PM
link   

I'm sure some of you on ATS recognize some of the things Billy mentions in his story.
Anyone out there care to comment on what religion certain things mentioned go to?

I know Hinduism is there. And I see some Christian beliefs also.
Does anyone recognize anything else being mentioned?

When the body falls away, and the spirit moves beyond, it goes to whatever place it imagined as a human PERIOD. If you think you are going to meet 72 virgins you will. If you believe nothing exists after death you will experience that. NOT FOREVER, just the place you are most comfortable with. All things change after "the resting period". You will be brought into counsel and your life as you lived it (the latest and greatest) will be picked apart--what did you learn, did you untangle the secret of being a human in the first place; that being your job this time around..of course you didnt. You have/had all knowledge before being born AGAIN (sigh) but you simply dont remember your contract (that being the progression of your soul).

posted on Aug, 18 2013 @ 06:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by vethumanbeing

I'm sure some of you on ATS recognize some of the things Billy mentions in his story.
Anyone out there care to comment on what religion certain things mentioned go to?

When the body falls away, and the spirit moves beyond, it goes to whatever place it imagined as a human PERIOD. If you think you are going to meet 72 virgins you will. If you believe nothing exists after death you will experience that. NOT FOREVER, just the place you are most comfortable with. All things change after "the resting period". You will be brought into counsel and your life as you lived it (the latest and greatest) will be picked apart--what did you learn, did you untangle the secret of being a human in the first place; that being your job this time around..of course you didnt. You have/had all knowledge before being born AGAIN (sigh) but you simply dont remember your contract (that being the progression of your soul).

Can you show/link me the scientific journal that confirms we have a spirit ??

Because if you cannot you are basing your entire statement on something that you have made up in your own head basically.

posted on Aug, 18 2013 @ 07:00 PM
link   

Before I go off to bed...
This is what I was told/ shown to me by my spirit guide gosh maybe 15 years ago...
After the resting/ healing period and after seeing our loved ones, we can take the next step, the one you describe in your post.

Good night everyone.

posted on Aug, 18 2013 @ 07:01 PM
link   
reply to post by vethumanbeing

Thank you for you post and staying "on topic".

This is a warning to all members, this thread is not about science vs. anything else. It is about the story of a man who channeled his message through his sister about what happened to him after leaving his body.

My questions were regarding which beliefs/religions went with the experience he had, and wanting to know if others could tell their experiences on anything mentioned in the story.

If we continue to stray off topic, I will ask the MODs to close this thread down immediately.

I don't give a damn about SCIENCE! Yes, I have read the scientific studies, and it made me laugh. No scientist can tell me what I and others have experienced are delusions caused from a brain fart.

Please stay on topic. Thank you.

posted on Aug, 18 2013 @ 07:10 PM
link   

This is a warning to all members, this thread is not about science vs. anything else. It is about the story of a man who channeled his message through his sister about what happened to him after leaving his body.

My questions were regarding which beliefs/religions went with the experience he had, and wanting to know if others could tell their experiences on anything mentioned in the story.

If we continue to stray off topic, I will ask the MODs to close this thread down immediately.

I don't give a damn about SCIENCE! Yes, I have read the scientific studies, and it made me laugh. No scientist can tell me what I and others have experienced are delusions caused from a brain fart.

Science is on topic because it explains everything and NO you have not read any scientific journal on the subject ... I know this for a fact because if you had you would have come to the same conclusion as every other scientist ...

I am on topic because I am saying the Author is a fraud and science has proven that what you guys are talking about is fairy tales ... Dimethyltryptamine is not a brain fart ... which once again shows you have not read anything on the subject at all.

And closing a thread full of fairy tales on a site that has a moto deny ignorance is the best option ... this subject matter should be discussed in they grey area.

I cant believe it's 2013 and people still believe in this ...

posted on Aug, 18 2013 @ 07:12 PM
link   

Because if you cannot you are basing your entire statement on something that you have made up in your own head basically.

What are you? I cannot show/link any journal that would prove I exist at all other than "I" as a piece of meat is ANIMATED. You explain that to yourself and youd have your answer as you are either a chuck roast or a tenderloin (with a brain and an endocrine system of glands producing hormones attached). I made all of this up with my big toe, THEORY OF EVERYTHING.

posted on Aug, 18 2013 @ 07:17 PM
link   

What are you? I cannot show/link any journal that would prove I exist at all other than "I" as a piece of meat is ANIMATED. You explain that to yourself and youd have your answer as you are either a chuck roast or a tenderloin (with a brain and an endocrine system of glands producing hormones attached). I made all of this up with my big toe, THEORY OF EVERYTHING.

wow is that really your answer ?? just wow, there is so much wrong with what you have just said I dont even know where to begin honestly.

You have clearly never read a damn thing in your life ... you have no proof and are arguing with me on a subject that you know only half of 1 side .... wow ... no wonder everything in this world is going to crap real fast

The level of educated people has dropped significantly it seems ...

your strategy seems good ... disregard science and make up stuff in your own head ... then run with it and look for ideas that reinforce your fallacy.

Isnt that what crazy catholics and religious extremists do ?? a good example of what you are doing is Westboro Baptist Church ie. pick 1 statement from the bible and disregard everything that dosn't fit your model. People call the Westboro Baptist Church crazy then do the same thing themselves .... wow

posted on Aug, 18 2013 @ 07:23 PM
link   

kingloki
Science is on topic because it explains everything and NO you have not read any scientific journal on the subject ... I know this for a fact because if you had you would have come to the same conclusion as every other scientist ... I am on topic because I am saying the Author is a fraud and science has proven that what you guys are talking about is fairy tales ... Dimethyltryptamine is not a brain fart ... which once again shows you have not read anything on the subject at all. And closing a thread full of fairy tales on a site that has a moto deny ignorance is the best option ... this subject matter should be discussed in they grey area. I cant believe it's 2013 and people still believe in this.

Science cannot explain what animates the human (the spark so to speak); personally I believe its a radiation partical, LOW DOSE naturally (dont want the burn from inside out). You should try a legal drug, Dextromethorphan Hydrochloride if you are speaking of brain atrueicity. Actually Im not a scientist or chemist, I am a humorist.
edit on 18-8-2013 by vethumanbeing because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2013 @ 07:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by NoRulesAllowed

You dont need to have physical trauma or dying brain to produce Dimethyltryptamine ... you actually produce it every night of your life when you hit REM sleep (dreaming is actually tripping on Dimethyltryptamine)

As I said NDE's have been recreated by astronauts training in centrifuges they have described leaving their bodys and all the other "hallmark" NDE signs lol and they are clearly not even close to death. We now know the cetrifuge is making the brain produce Dimethyltryptamine while they are in there. Proving again the Dimethyltryptamine is the most likely cause for the entire NDE' phenomena.

and many many people who take Dimethyltryptamine have the same experiences down to the fact of talking to same named entities and recalling similar geographical/geometrical areas ... even the amazonian brew Ayahuasca which has the active ingredient Dimethyltryptamine reproduces this as well.

the bit about astronauts having such experiences in centrifuges is interesting because the whirling dervishes practitioners achieve heightened states of consciousness by spinning their bodies around. you only get giddy at first as with practice you can spin many many times and the body gets used to it.

posted on Aug, 18 2013 @ 07:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by veteranhumanbeing

Kindalokey
wow is that really your answer ?? just wow, there is so much wrong with what you have just said I dont even know where to begin honestly. You have clearly never read a damn thing in your life ... you have no proof and are arguing with me on a subject that you know only half of 1 side .... wow ... no wonder everything in this world is going to crap real fast The level of educated people has dropped significantly it seems ...
your strategy seems good ... disregard science and make up stuff in your own head ... then run with it and look for ideas that reinforce your fallacy. Isnt that what crazy catholics and religious extremists do ?? a good example of what you are doing is Westboro Baptist Church ie. pick 1 statement from the bible and disregard everything that dosn't fit your model. People call the Westboro Baptist Church crazy then do the same thing themselves .... wow.

Just Wow TOO; I cant believe it myself either. I dont know the english alphabet or how to type yet I am able; never read a book in my life and that infuriates me, why I never bothered to EVEN learn to speak. I love science particularly Genetics BLOOD and DNA strands (my field of major interest). You should leave the 'crazy catholics' and other self righteous alone, they will all end up on a post and beam crucified just as Jesus was (AFTER theyve left their material bodies) but only for a short time, then they meet their higher selves in counsel, (you would want to be a fly on the wall here for the slapping about and screamfests). All that I know about Babtist Churches is they are not in the BUSINESS OF 'actually' BABTIZING physically (I know this personally, I have asked and was refused this ritual), apparently they dont know what it entails means or discribes.
edit on 18-8-2013 by vethumanbeing because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join