It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

USAF Special Access Program PDF\'s and info

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 17 2013 @ 02:53 AM
link   
Well I'm putting this in this thread because this is where we see most of the Special Access Program's that the Air Force develops. While looking through the grove of documents Zaphod and I got, I found this one burried way down in the list. But it's interesting none the less. It basically goes through the policies and procedures needed to create a Special Access Program through the Air Force chain of command.
Air Force Instruction 16-701 Special Access Programs dated 1 November 1995.

Here's some cool info...

The Air Force protects its operational and technological advantages using special access controls. This instruction implements AFPD 16-7, Special Access Programs; Executive Order 12356; Title 10, U.S.C. Section 119; and DoD Directive 5205.7. It complements AFPD 31-4, Information Security, and AFI 31-401, Information Security Program Management. It applies to all people and groups involved in Special Access Programs (SAPs), including contractors.

Here's a cool chart taken from the second document about the technological advantage we have over other countries...

1. Overview of the Air Force Special Access Administrative Process. When normal security methods cannot protect an activity from a known threat, special access controls safeguard operational and technological advantages from potential enemies by limiting access to information about, or observation of, certain weapons, weapon systems, techniques, and operations. DoD, SAF, HQ USAF, and many commands, agencies, and program offices work together in SAPs to create, maintain, modify, and terminate special access controls. The Secretary of the Air Force and Deputy Secretary of Defense set formal SAP policy. A SAP’s dynamic oversight feature must be at least equal to normal security programs; justify the need for special access controls by constantly monitoring the specific threat(s) to the program; and require individuals to follow tailored security and operating procedures, public laws, and national policies.

3. Special Access Programs Categories. For the purpose of sending annual budget reports to Congress, DoD 5205.7 categorizes Special Access Programs as Acquisition (AQ-SAP), Operations & Support (OS-SAP) or Intelligence (IN-SAP). 3.1. AQ-SAP activities are reported to OUSD(A&T)/DSP (AQ-SAP Central Office) because they receive RDT&E, procurement funds, or both. 3.2. OS-SAP activities are reported to DUSD(P)/PS (OS-SAP Central Office) because they do not receive RDT&E or procurement funds, but do protect sensitive operations. 3.3. IN-SAP activities are reported to ASD(C3I)/ODASD(I&S) (IN-SAP Central Office) because they are intelligence funded.

4. Acquisition Planning. Managers of SAPs impacted by DoD acquisition directives (5000.x series) must consider guidelines specifically tailored to SAPs. 4.1. Contracting in Special Access Programs. SAPs conform to contracting regulations, including the Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR), Defense FAR Supplement (DFARS), and Air Force FAR Supplement (AFFARS). These regulations reflect the laws, Executive Orders, and OSD policy applying to all DoD acquisitions except those specifically exempted. In addition, major command regulation supplements and other regulations further guide contracting offices. Clearly, SAP acquisition offices may not be able to conform to some regulations without compromising national security or violating security restrictions. Some regulations already provide sufficient exceptions for national security or classified information. Other deviations may require case-by-case waivers. 4.1.1. SAF/AQCF is the Air Force focal point for FAR, DFARS, and AFFARS deviations. SAP acquisition offices submit deviation requests to the SAF/AQC contracting staff officer located in SAF/AQL for staffing and approval. Deviation requests must be formatted IAW DFARS 201.402 and AFFARS 5301.402.

A little bit on SIOP...

5. Relationships Among Special Access Security Controls, Procedures, Activities, Programs, and Other Security Systems. Executive Order 12356, National Security Information, as implemented by Information Security Oversight Office (ISOO) Directive No 1; DoD 5200.1R/AFPD 31-4/AFI 31-401; and DoDD O-5205.7, implements special access controls. These controls provide extraordinary protection by: keeping personnel access to the minimum needed to meet program goals; setting investigative or adjudicative criteria for persons seeking access; naming officials who determine whether cleared people have a need-to-know; using access lists and registered unclassified nicknames (and, in some cases, classified code words) to identify information needing additional protection; security guides and procedures specifically tailored for certain information and equipment; and supporting and overseeing infrastructures. Security controls protect a given activity. A special access program is the protected activity. The Secretary or Deputy Secretary of Defense formally approves, in writing, these legally defined programs and annually reports on them to Congress. Each Air Force SAP and each SAP the AF operates for other agencies or activities must be formally registered with SAF/AAZ, the Air Force SAP Central Office (SAPCO). SAPs containing Sensitive Compartmented Information (SCI) or Single Integrated Operational Plan-Extremely Sensitive Information (SIOP-ESI) may have other security control systems, such as SCI and SIOP-ESI. For example, SAPs must obtain approval to introduce the SAP into a Sensitive Compartmented Information Facility (SCIF) from HQ 497 IG/INS and also negotiate a security agreement with HQ 497 IG/INS. Since SAPs in SCIFs are usually a tenant, SCI directives govern SCI protection. These additional security control systems apply only to that specific compartmented information. The term SAP, often substituted for "Special Access Required (SAR)", may describe the security control system, the entire effort, and in some cases certain budget information.

Well there's literally 27 pages in this document for your viewing pleasure. It's my first time trying to put a PDF online so I hope it works. If it doesn't, PM me with your email address and I'll send it to you...

AFI 16-701 Special Access Program

AFPD 16-7 Special Access Program

posted on Aug, 17 2013 @ 08:19 PM
link   
Thanks boomer,

Was an interest read

posted on Aug, 18 2013 @ 08:18 AM
link   

Stealthbomber
Thanks boomer,

Was an interest read

Here's a non classified one for you Stealthbomber of the Stealthbomber

posted on Aug, 18 2013 @ 07:51 PM
link   
reply to post by boomer135

Thanks a lot boomer

I've read the pub with the same name on the afpubs site but it seems your one had better information in it

Here's the one I can find: B2 pub

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 01:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by boomer135

Stealthbomber
Thanks boomer,

Was an interest read

How many PDFs have you put online and where can they be found?

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 08:30 AM
link   
reply to post by johnthejedi24

The list of pubs can be found here:
Airforce Pubs from 2000

Some of them are linked and some aren't but all the ones that their allowed to show are listed so if they're not linked then you'd probably have to ask boomer and zaphod nicely for them

Is they're any aircraft you'd specifically looking for? I also can get a few depending on which aircraft your after.

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 06:46 PM
link   

johnthejedi24

Stealthbomber
Thanks boomer,

Was an interest read

How many PDFs have you put online and where can they be found?

So far we haven't put many out there yet. A lot of them can be found like stealthbomber said. The ones that cant be found on the AF website, i.e. alot of the stealths, nuclear stuff, and the dash 1's of all the planes are the ones that were keeping off the internet for now. They aren't classified, but the dash 1's are not something you would want to fall into the enemies hand.

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 09:13 PM
link   

You could make a bit of money on the dash-1's lol back in 2000 there was a Dash-1 on the F-117 for sale on EBay, got up to around $500
not sure if it was actually sold to the person or not but I'm sure their were a lot people interested.

What I wouldn't give for the Dash-1 on the B-2

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 09:25 PM
link   

Stealthbomber

You could make a bit of money on the dash-1's lol back in 2000 there was a Dash-1 on the F-117 for sale on EBay, got up to around $500
not sure if it was actually sold to the person or not but I'm sure their were a lot people interested.

The F-117 and SR-71 are on the net already. Just gotta know where to look

posted on Aug, 21 2013 @ 09:49 PM
link   
oops...

Yeah, sorry about that. didn't mean to tease!

posted on Aug, 22 2013 @ 05:32 AM
link   

Stealthbomber

The F-117 and SR-71 are on the net already. Just gotta know where to look

Here's the one for the SR-71: Blackbird dash-1

Can't seem to find the Dash-1 for the F-117 though, any chance you could point me in the right direction?
you can U2U me if you don't want it on the board

posted on Aug, 22 2013 @ 08:43 AM
link   

Also only if it wont get you in trouble aswell

posted on Aug, 22 2013 @ 09:00 AM
link   

Stealthbomber

Also only if it wont get you in trouble aswell

It's gonna cost you...

posted on Aug, 22 2013 @ 09:24 AM
link   

How much are we talking? lol and also whats the date on the one you've got? I can get issue C: 3 Febuary 1992..

posted on Aug, 22 2013 @ 10:20 AM
link   

Stealthbomber

How much are we talking? lol and also whats the date on the one you've got? I can get issue C: 3 Febuary 1992..

No it really would cost you. You have to be a member. Lol. And its newer than that one from avialogs.

posted on Aug, 22 2013 @ 08:34 PM
link   

Oh haha I think I'm on the same page as you now lol could you U2U me the link so I can check it out please?

Cheers mate.

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 04:08 PM
link   

Stealthbomber

Oh haha I think I'm on the same page as you now lol could you U2U me the link so I can check it out please?

Cheers mate.

I tried to upload the PDF but its way too big. I'll see what I can do.

new topics

top topics

join