It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Unity, consciousness, and food.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 17 2013 @ 12:10 AM
link   
I believe all are a unique expression of one unified aliveness, or consciousness.

When looking out with your eyes, keeping the above in mind, you see expressions of your self. You know your true self must be something that you cant properly identify.

You are an expression of what others are an expression of. Being one unified self that all are (the one), you are an expression of them. This underlying existential principle manifests in many ways through the development of an ecosystem. One way is through communciation and relationships. It can be said that your individual personality is a manifestation of expressions of others' acceptance or non-acceptance of you- which is them- which would also be your own acceptance or non-acceptance through them- thus enabling the relevancy of acceptance or nonacceptance on your personality (since all are this deeply connected). If I confused you with that last part, I understand, I confused myself. Heres another example.

We eat because we are all an expression of a common, unified self. When you consume another, you are empowered to express yourself by the metabolic energy. Eating others empowers you to be you. So the you that youre being is an expression of another which you ate as food. Make sense?

Hopefully youve followed along and been able to keep up this far, because now I have a question.

Is eating food an activity that we do due to the underlying existential principle of unity that gives rise to all things, or is the underlying existential principle of unity that so many of us are discovering really a misinterpretation of the fact that we eat food?

Is the purpose of life to express yourself or is it to survive and propogate?

edit on 17-8-2013 by smithjustinb because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2013 @ 01:44 AM
link   

Eating others empowers you to be you. So the you that youre being is an expression of another which you ate as food. Make sense?

Now i see why everyone will soon be eating each other as zombies when all shops shelves are depleted of all food.

posted on Aug, 17 2013 @ 01:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rapha

Eating others empowers you to be you. So the you that youre being is an expression of another which you ate as food. Make sense?

Now i see why everyone will soon be eating each other as zombies when all shops shelves are depleted of all food.

Or we could just hunt regular animals...

posted on Aug, 17 2013 @ 02:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by smithjustinb
I believe all are a unique expression of one unified aliveness, or consciousness.

...blah bleh blue in the face...

edit on 17-8-2013 by smithjustinb because: (no reason given)

Well the purpose of life is osmosis. High to low catch my drift? Equilibrium. Are mixed race people closer to unity than cousin humpers? Ever hear of hybrid vigor?

Wiki: Heterosis, hybrid vigor, or outbreeding enhancement, is the improved or increased function of any biological quality in a hybrid offspring. The adjective derived from heterosis is heterotic. An offspring exhibits heterosis if its traits are enhanced (which is often defined in terms of evolutionary fitness) as a result of mixing the genetic contributions of its parents. These effects can be due to Mendelian or non-Mendelian inheritance.

Why are mutts so resistant to disease and genetic malaise? Breed with the race you find repulsive! ahaha... hmmm

posted on Aug, 17 2013 @ 02:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Emeraldous

No I dont catch your drift. All I heard was "blah blah blah". After that, I was thinking. "this guy needs to shut the hell up" . So hopefully u will.

posted on Aug, 17 2013 @ 02:38 AM
link   

reply to post by Emeraldous

No I dont catch your drift. All I heard was "blah blah blah". After that, I was thinking. "this guy needs to shut the hell up" . So hopefully u will.

Be careful what you wish for.

posted on Aug, 17 2013 @ 02:42 AM
link   
S&F's for posting the most ridicules thing i've ever read on ATS. I'm lost in a circle of perpetuating nonsense.

posted on Aug, 17 2013 @ 04:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by retirednature
S&F's for posting the most ridicules thing i've ever read on ATS. I'm lost in a circle of perpetuating nonsense.

I think you probably just lack the intellectual capacity to understand. Thanks for the s and f though.

posted on Aug, 17 2013 @ 04:36 AM
link   

Is eating food an activity that we do due to the underlying existential principle of unity that gives rise to all things, or is the underlying existential principle of unity that so many of us are discovering really a misinterpretation of the fact that we eat food?

Eating food is moving energy. There is just energy. Energy is food and then energy becomes movement after the food disappears into the body - it moves the body.
Life is expressing itself - energy is moving.
Nothing has to survive as energy cannot die.
edit on 17-8-2013 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2013 @ 05:06 AM
link   
reply to post by smithjustinb

Interesting question

I must say the OP was a bit hard to understand and the topic which is confusing nonetheless was not simplified, but I think I got it in the end.

I think that by feeding ourselves we adapt & evolve, this goes to most if not all creatures I believe. Even in the cellular level, there are lysosomes which are enzymes that breaks down water materials and debris inside the cell, and in exchange provides energy for the rest of the cell so it may still function properly.

I don't believe it is some kind of merely surviving and propagating activity, I think the consumption of resources and the energy that derives from its consumption is creative, adaptive, intelligent and expressive. Hunting is a beautiful sight, even seeing sheep eating grass is a beautiful sight. The secretion of feces is also materials consumed by other life forms and seems like there's nothing going to waste in nature.

I think the design is way too intelligent to say that eating in only an activity for survival, considering how each life form has its own different way of feeding itself and what they are been feeding on, there's definitely a higher expression here but perhaps that's only what i'm seeing here.

S&F
it's a shame people didn't get what you were aiming for.
edit on 18-8-2013 by Shuye because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2013 @ 08:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Shuye

Thank you for understanding the thread.

new topics

top topics

join