It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This is quite an interesting tale

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 18 2013 @ 11:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rosinitiate
reply to post by 727Sky

Neet story but I actually dropped by to suggest that you give your kitty a parachute or close that hatch!

Actually thanks for the drive by posting...I don't really care for cats so the hatch is open on purpose...Not enough room to show the dogs that were after him....!

posted on Aug, 19 2013 @ 11:08 AM
link   
reply to post by 727Sky

OP, I find your thread incrediblly interesting, and certainly congratulate you on your research skills and analytical thinking to bring all that together from the Roman Empire to the here and now.

It's the story of what dictated the "width" in a way of all transportation, even into space......as horses were the first way humankind had of transporting themselves faster than their own two legs..... But truly amazing how it all went on from there.
Tetra50

posted on Aug, 19 2013 @ 11:44 AM
link   
very interesting, thanks for the info.

posted on Aug, 19 2013 @ 03:01 PM
link   
reply to post by tetra50

Clearly, either no one read my earlier post, just flat ignored it, OR everyone here is on this thing but me
I don't get it

I believe that this cool story is just that-- a cool story. It's a known urban legend. The main flaw is that the Roman Empire never used chariots for war- only for circus type events and racing. Anyone can look this up for themselves and see..

And for those who have any interest in denying ignorance you can read this:
standards.nasa.gov...
edit on 19-8-2013 by PhotonEffect because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2013 @ 03:28 PM
link   
reply to post by PhotonEffect

And for those who have any interest in not being ignorant, you can read this:

Well, you should get a star for the day, or maybe all the stars for the day, since this is about ignorance, and you just let me know, as well as everyone else, who should be most denied. Apology for my ignorance and lack of reading.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join