It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Starlike object zig-zagging in the night sky

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 16 2013 @ 08:47 PM
link   
Hello people, I want to know my fellow ATS'ers opinions on what I have witnessed tonight.

We all gaze up at the sky at night right? Whenever I'm chilling outdoors I love watching the night sky, but tonight I saw something very bizarre with a friend. He pointed out a star was moving very so slightly about on the spot, I looked up & noticed it straight away! It looked like a star, & it was moving down, right, left, zig zagging quickly & making circular motions. At this point, I can't believe what I'm seeing, neither can my friend who's shouting & not accepting what he's seeing in a almost blind ignorant rage. This was taking place at roughly midnight until 1am, and although it wasn't leaving the area of the sky it was in, but it constantly dancing around on the spot.

After 45 minutes I've tried everything to disprove what I'm seeing, looking at other stars to see if they look like they're moving but nope, only the one we noticed which proves we was not seeing things. It also occasionally seem to flash blue & green lights, and change its shape slightly.

After the hour, it began to move right across the sky heading west I believe. After a while vanished altogether.

May be worth pointing out I live in London, and it was a clear night sky. If anyone has seen any similar or has an explanation please let me know, thanks for reading.

posted on Aug, 16 2013 @ 08:59 PM
link   
reply to post by TellEmRye

After 45 minutes and not a single picture?

Come on man...

-SAP-
edit on 16-8-2013 by SloAnPainful because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2013 @ 09:01 PM
link   
Using the process of elimination we can assume its not natural phenomenon because of the unpredictable & rash movements of the object itself. It could very well be military, friend or foe, but it's strange movements would suggest it was being piloted manually? I doubt a machine controlled device would move the way it did, it would surely sit stationary to save fuel & then move when told too. However, I don't believe a object like this would have a human pilot, everything is robot controlled these days. That's why I firmly believer they were visitors from another world, most likely watching us.

posted on Aug, 16 2013 @ 09:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by SloAnPainful

45 minutes and not a single picture?

Come on man...

-SAP-

These are small lights in the sky, I have a iPod & Blackberry curve, it would be hopeless to even try.
edit on 16-8-2013 by TellEmRye because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2013 @ 09:08 PM
link   
I've also witnessed star like UFO's.

posted on Aug, 16 2013 @ 09:15 PM
link   

Hello Op, I have seen something similar with similar actions unfortunately that's where the similarity ends.

My event is written in my signature at the bottom of the post.

posted on Aug, 16 2013 @ 09:26 PM
link   
I saw the same type of "light" in the sky that looked like a star, moving around in no apparent order in a small patch of sky overhead. I was a little kid - looking out my bedroom window (not sure how old I was - but young). I knew it was not a star and not an airplane. It was so high up, and just zigzagged around, going straight, going curved, back, forth, around, etc. Never saw it again - but I always look up. I never forgot about it. I didn't really know about ufos or anything, I was little. But I felt it was "inhabited" in some way with something alive and intelligent...if that makes any sense.

Did see "white orb" like thing in the daytime in a clear blue sky that did nearly the same thing, but this didn't look like a star or as far away. Not a plane, not a bird. It wasn't a balloon. It was moving very slowly, then stopped, then moved around in a small area, moved again, around, then slowly moved in a straight line, then it was suddenly gone. I had been working outside on paperwork, had a funny feeling, looked straight up, and saw this orb thing. Jumped up and just stood in my backyard, staring at this silent white "thing" that gave me the creeps. I felt like it was watching me! I'm a sane person, but it was a weird experience. All of about 5 minutes.

edit on 16-8-2013 by Galadriel because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2013 @ 03:12 AM
link   
Probably an out-of-control satellite flopping around in space

posted on Aug, 17 2013 @ 03:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by ObservingYou
I've also witnessed star like UFO's.

That's it? I've posted more then that and had it removed as off topic.

Way to contribute to the thread.

Anyway OP,you were outside with this thing for an hour? And you have zero proof? None? Well now,what does that say? Are we to take your word for it? Chances are you just made it up.
edit on 17-8-2013 by nightstalker78 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2013 @ 03:40 AM
link   

although it wasn't leaving the area of the sky it was in, but it constantly dancing around on the spot.

I believe you were looking at a Star the perceived movement is caused by your eyes and is known as Autokinetic effect , if you or your friend have a smartphone you can download a free stargazing app to find out which star you are observing .

posted on Aug, 17 2013 @ 03:49 AM
link   

There is no point to this story without evidence of some kind, I could tell you I met and alien in my garden, but have no proof images video, so who's going to believe me? you? I don't think so...... as for your experience I am inclined to believe it was an optical illusion for you and your friend...

posted on Aug, 17 2013 @ 03:52 AM
link   
Thats how it starts.

somebody wants your attention!

Pay more attention.

Attention.

posted on Aug, 17 2013 @ 03:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by hoonsince89
Thats how it starts.

somebody wants your attention!

Pay more attention.

Attention.

you're prob right

posted on Aug, 17 2013 @ 04:26 AM
link   
Im not sure what the OP saw. But has anybody here tried to take a picture of the night sky? Especially of a moving object? No by the comments your throwing him

edit on 17-8-2013 by TheDoctor46 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2013 @ 05:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Galadriel
I saw the same type of "light" in the sky that looked like a star, moving around in no apparent order in a small patch of sky overhead. I was a little kid - looking out my bedroom window (not sure how old I was - but young). I knew it was not a star and not an airplane. It was so high up, and just zigzagged around, going straight, going curved, back, forth, around, etc. Never saw it again - but I always look up. I never forgot about it. I didn't really know about ufos or anything, I was little. But I felt it was "inhabited" in some way with something alive and intelligent...if that makes any sense.

Did see "white orb" like thing in the daytime in a clear blue sky that did nearly the same thing, but this didn't look like a star or as far away. Not a plane, not a bird. It wasn't a balloon. It was moving very slowly, then stopped, then moved around in a small area, moved again, around, then slowly moved in a straight line, then it was suddenly gone. I had been working outside on paperwork, had a funny feeling, looked straight up, and saw this orb thing. Jumped up and just stood in my backyard, staring at this silent white "thing" that gave me the creeps. I felt like it was watching me! I'm a sane person, but it was a weird experience. All of about 5 minutes.

That's exactly how I felt, from the actions of the object I am certain there was a pilot inside, human or otherwise

posted on Aug, 17 2013 @ 05:25 AM
link   
Ok people, I'm a 19 college student going onto university next year, and a very out going person & I only take to forums when I have something serious to discuss. Last year I saw starlike objects moving across the sky, I took to ATS & discovered they're satellites. Today, I'm looking for another explanation for what I saw this time.

I understand you can never fully believe someone over the Internet, but if you don't believe me don't comment. I swear on what I saw, and it was without a doubt the single most amazing thing I have ever witnessed.

And as for my eyes playing tricks on me, that is not possible. This object was making enough exaggerated movements to clearly see it wasn't a star, & me & my friend always saw it at the same time. It was making sharp zig zagging movements and what not. After that it proceeded to fly off, which no one can just 'imagine'.
edit on 17-8-2013 by TellEmRye because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2013 @ 05:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Galadriel

I also witnessed this as a young teen, years ago.
I was waiting for my Dad and noticed the first that the shadows on the ground of a tree I was standing under appeared to be moving back and forth rapidly. But, there wasn't any wind to move the branches.
When I looked up, I was astonished to see that there were more than two dozen "stars" in a cluster moving exactly as you described!
Zigging and zagging and circling all at varying speeds,
So, however high up these objects were, the light they projected was enough to "play" through the tree branches causing their shadows to also jerk erraticly.

Strangest phenomena. When my Dad pulled up I ran over to beg him to get out of the car and look up.
He wouldn't though. I really wanted another eyewitness to see this.

I look up at the night sky but I have too much light pollution to see much.
This was on a country road in a rural area.
It is good to know others have seen this occur also.
Thanks.

posted on Aug, 17 2013 @ 05:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by gortex

although it wasn't leaving the area of the sky it was in, but it constantly dancing around on the spot.

I believe you were looking at a Star the perceived movement is caused by your eyes and is known as Autokinetic effect , if you or your friend have a smartphone you can download a free stargazing app to find out which star you are observing .

I have the star gazer app on my iPod and I did aim it towards this object & it did not show up as a star. I only done this just incase, I knew it wasn't a star anyway because stars don't move! It's been on my mind ever since I saw it, I just want to know what was hovering over London last night.

posted on Aug, 17 2013 @ 05:39 PM
link   
I see the exacly same thing here in Italy a couple of years ago.
I watched the "star" move in the same way for at least 10 minutes, and at the end the object move away very quickly like a meteor or "falling star".
edit on 17-8-2013 by ImShrike because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2013 @ 01:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by TellEmRye
I have the star gazer app on my iPod and I did aim it towards this object & it did not show up as a star. I only done this just incase, I knew it wasn't a star anyway because stars don't move! It's been on my mind ever since I saw it, I just want to know what was hovering over London last night.

I have absolutely no doubt you saw what you saw.

Unfortunately it sounds like you saw a Met Police helicopter at a distance. I've seen them myself and at long range you can't hear their engines or rotors and appear as a single dot of light not unlike a star.

The movements you saw were probably them involved in a ground search, using their Midnight Sun searchlight, in support of ground personnel. They hang around the same area for a long while then have to head off to refuel.

Sorry, but I think that's what you saw.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join