It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mesmerizing video of an underwater crop circle being built

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 17 2013 @ 02:41 PM
link   
Finally! A reasonable answer to the whole Crop Circle Hoop La!

They are made by Puffer Fish!

posted on Aug, 17 2013 @ 02:46 PM
link   
reply to post by six67seven

Alien Jelly Fish

According to some theories out there about alien life, they in fact could be fish (or at least a celestial equivalent)

posted on Aug, 17 2013 @ 03:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Thorneblood
Considering the geometric symmetry of that circle would that not be evidence of this little fishes advanced intelligence?

You know, I couldn't help but think the same thing! I would think the best person to ask such a thing would be a dolphin.

Since it is known that Dolpins identify each other by name...I'm curious why no one has bothered to learn the language.

I mean imagine the insights a dolphin can share with us. "Yeah, them puffer fish are cute, but man wait until you see what them Axolotl are up to! Them cute little buggers pretend to be babies until they're ready to mate themselves. Maury Povitch eat your heart out!"

Got to catch them all Pokemon!
edit on 17-8-2013 by Rosinitiate because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2013 @ 03:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Urantia1111

I checked out the op video and I noticed watching it, that there is a really fine sand in the middle , and the fronts of the first starting mound is like a heavy shell/rock, then the backside of the mound and the rest is the same consistent material, or really close. So that fish would have to actually separate all them materials to get that to look like that, so...
I think I will stand with you on this one. Im familiar with the video you posted, and just wonder what would happen if you added a different sand with different color n weight to it?

Plus the fish was swimming in the circle and looks like it was kicking up some stuff as if it was sculpting it still.
but who knows

edit on 17-8-2013 by Sippy Cup because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2013 @ 03:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Cyprex

Once again nature shows us that the males of the any species are working and overworking tireless while the females do absolutely nothing and put in no effort, poor little pufferfish guy.
Nah its cool I seen more complex patterns in drawing matting circles, but its cool how the little guy gets it so symmetrical when he cant even really see what he is doing when he is waddling back and forth making groves with his tale. And in the animal kingdom the human matting processes are much more complicated and really something to witness, they should do a documentary on it one day.

posted on Aug, 17 2013 @ 04:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by kudegras
So now we need to find the land based puffer fish equivalent who is responsible for the crop circles in Britain.
Any thoughts?

No bro though some of those are made by human hand and machinations. The rest are traps for certain and unsuspecting males who wonder there in, on a certain scale things are reversed. Its a mind marker to track them once you know what the image means and if you emplace it in you mind, then you start thinking about it and it just forever goes in circles trapping you, then they can hone in on you while your busy trying to figure it out and giving off certain patterns making you go to certain places at certain times like a ritual zombie.

That or it really is the matting call of inter-dimensional space jelly fish plasma lifeforms. Or wait, nope never mind, my bad, inter-dimensional use a different method. Outer-dimensional use that method.

posted on Aug, 17 2013 @ 04:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by smithjustinb
So does this mean aliens have really just neen trying to 'woo' females?

Seriously though. this is cool. The pattern being drawn indicates to me that the puffer fish is insecure with his natural puffability, so it builds this to make himself look even puffier.

I know he should just buy a Mercedes or a Cadillac.

posted on Aug, 17 2013 @ 04:20 PM
link   
reply to post by AJ1123TKE

Well if you read the article just a little it says that there not even sure if its the same fish doing this as they cant really tell one fish from another, and that it was a process which took 7 to 9 days the vid you saw is 1.50 minutes long in that time frame.

Basically its a nest with the center of it serving as the fulcrum point, oh and also after there business is finished the pufferfish stops keeping it tuned and keeping it tidy, after all its at the bottom of the sea, have you ever tried to draw patterns on sand at the bottom of the sea underwater? Have you ever been at the beach and drawn patterns in the sand, what happens when the tide comes and in hits your little castles or drawings? Same principal would apply underwater for the little fish guy.

And basically you would know that they do not retain and keep there shape for long periods of time due to the sea just washing it out, so not only would it take a long time for the fish to create those patterns, but after they complete it they have to maintain it, so it does not become a unrecognizable blob on the sea bottom, till eventually some female comes along, which again may take days or weeks or who knows how long.

And even more interesting, and I quote from the site.

Scientists say it’s likely that the quality of the circle helps determine a female’s mate choice, though they have yet to demonstrate how. But once mating is completed, the male ceases his upkeep of the circle, and after the eggs hatch, he abandons the nest altogether. But after all that effort, you may ask, why not just reuse his earlier circle? The authors speculate that the male’s forceful wooing depletes the area of its fine sand particles, which are necessary for the next round of egg-rearing. And then it’s back to the drawing board for these amorous artists.

posted on Aug, 17 2013 @ 04:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Rosinitiate

Interestingly enough, Dolphins were apparently just declared "non human persons" in India.
Dolphins are people too, sort of.

posted on Aug, 17 2013 @ 04:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Cyprex

Aye, females will never fully understand or respect what we males go through to get their attention.

posted on Aug, 17 2013 @ 04:55 PM
link   
reply to post by ItCameFromOuterSpace

Ahhh the power they wield.

posted on Aug, 17 2013 @ 06:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sippy Cup
reply to post by Urantia1111

Plus the fish was swimming in the circle and looks like it was kicking up some stuff as if it was sculpting it still.
but who knows

That it swims in circles appears to be a ritual, there are fish tank videos of them swimming in circles as if suffering from distemper.

posted on Aug, 17 2013 @ 07:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Cyprex

Wow .. I think i'll post a video of me next to some wonderful building, rubbing myself against it and claim it as built by my own hand .. :-)

posted on Aug, 17 2013 @ 11:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Thorneblood

Yes a theory...lets leave it at that....

posted on Aug, 17 2013 @ 11:48 PM
link   
reply to post by chrismarco

Hey, be nice!

Frankly i think the idea of space faring jelly fish descending hungrily upon our world is one the funniest and scariest theories i have ever heard.....

There isn't enough urine in the world to take away the pain of that sting.

posted on Aug, 18 2013 @ 12:38 AM
link   
i have no words, what an amazing little beauty that is, i want one in my pond

that little guy knew exactly where that coin had to be

ty for sharing this

edit on 18-8-2013 by pheniks because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2013 @ 01:05 AM
link   
The denial in this thread is funny. I'm guessing some people haven't done enough nature study to understand what life goes through to reproduce. Reproduction is the end goal of life. It's a very old process.

posted on Aug, 18 2013 @ 01:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by satellite1
reply to post by Cyprex

Wow .. I think i'll post a video of me next to some wonderful building, rubbing myself against it and claim it as built by my own hand .. :-)

I dont think the OP is the one claiming the puffer fish made the circle. I think the claim comes from the person who made the video who saw more than what he/she recorded and the passed the description of the video on verbally. Im not so cynical that I wont accept that explanation.

posted on Aug, 18 2013 @ 01:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Thorneblood
Considering the geometric symmetry of that circle would that not be evidence of this little fishes advanced intelligence?

There has to be some intelligence. He was able to plan out each move.

Amazing stuff. so was the Bird of Paradise.

posted on Aug, 18 2013 @ 01:52 AM
link   
How did this process start out. I mean one puffer fish made a sand castle, got all the girls. So the next guy went one better.

They will be constructing pyramids given a few million years and one-up-man-ship

But on a serious note: I can bet you there are some peeved off conspiracy theorists looking at this. And going...

" the puffer fish is just covering for the UFOs. They are in on it I tell ya "

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join