It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mesmerizing video of an underwater crop circle being built

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+43 more 
posted on Aug, 16 2013 @ 07:32 PM
link   
I believe this is the first video of a puffer fish building their mysterious circles.

They’ve been called the crop circles of the ocean floor—seven-foot diameter patterned circles that were first spotted in 1995 off the coast of southern Japan. But their origin was an enigma, and local divers termed them “mystery circles.” The mystery persisted until 2011 when the culprit, a male pufferfish just five inches long, was finally caught in the act. And recently scientists studied the process of how the species creates these elaborate designs in order to woo females.

Source: blogs.discovermagazine.com...

Enjoy!
edit on 8/16/13 by Cyprex because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2013 @ 07:45 PM
link   
Unbelievable! I've never heard of this before. Sometimes I feel so uninformed, but luckily someone at ATS comes forward. We know so little about fish really. S&F for teaching me something most interesting.

posted on Aug, 16 2013 @ 07:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Cyprex

Wow how beautiful is that? If I were a female puffer fish I would pick this guy as my mate. Thanks for sharing...Star and flag

posted on Aug, 16 2013 @ 07:54 PM
link   
Ocean life never fails to amaze me.
Thanks for posting!

posted on Aug, 16 2013 @ 07:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Cyprex

Neato! Imagine the fun the little puffer was having. check this circle of love story --
" Underwater cameras showed that the artist was a small puffer fish who, using only his flapping fin, tirelessly worked day and night to carve the circular ridges. The unlikely artist – best known in Japan as a delicacy, albeit a potentially poisonous one – even takes small shells, cracks them, and lines the inner grooves of his sculpture as if decorating his piece. Further observation revealed that this “mysterious circle” was not just there to make the ocean floor look pretty. Attracted by the grooves and ridges, female puffer fish would find their way along the dark seabed to the male puffer fish where they would mate and lay eggs in the center of the circle. In fact, the scientists observed that the more ridges the circle contained, the more likely it was that the female would mate with the male. The little sea shells weren’t just in vain either. The observers believe that they serve as vital nutrients to the eggs as they hatch, and to the newborns." source www.spoon-tamago.com...

posted on Aug, 16 2013 @ 08:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Fidelios

Yeah he does look like hes having a blast. What a pro.

It reminds me of the lengths the Bird of Paradise goes through to find a date.

posted on Aug, 16 2013 @ 08:18 PM
link   
So now we need to find the land based puffer fish equivalent who is responsible for the crop circles in Britain.
Any thoughts?

posted on Aug, 16 2013 @ 08:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by kudegras
So now we need to find the land based puffer fish equivalent who is responsible for the crop circles in Britain.
Any thoughts?

Giant intelligent inter-dimensional fish like beings that enter a trance state when they start their rituals of going in intricate circles which makes them act on both their dimension and ours. And voila you have crop circles, so simple. The right answer is often the simplest one.

posted on Aug, 16 2013 @ 08:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Cyprex

Now we just need video footage of those annoying badgers that roll around in the wheat and make crop circles.

And if it's not the badgers its those attention seeking farmers with their arsenal of lawn mowers and hardryers to bend the wheat and microwave ovens.

Thanks for the video that was cool S&F

posted on Aug, 16 2013 @ 09:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Cyprex

Wow! I'm impressed. Holy, that is some transformer dance. Ha, the big display and clean up act but no one is watching, then he does the mating call and Boom! there she comes. Lol!

posted on Aug, 17 2013 @ 12:25 AM
link   
So does this mean aliens have really just neen trying to 'woo' females?

Seriously though. this is cool. The pattern being drawn indicates to me that the puffer fish is insecure with his natural puffability, so it builds this to make himself look even puffier.

posted on Aug, 17 2013 @ 12:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by kudegras
Any thoughts?

Sonic the hedgehog.

posted on Aug, 17 2013 @ 12:29 AM
link   
Considering the geometric symmetry of that circle would that not be evidence of this little fishes advanced intelligence?

posted on Aug, 17 2013 @ 12:34 AM
link   
Cool vid, but I wish the video was taken before the "crop circle" was already formed.
Oh well though.

posted on Aug, 17 2013 @ 12:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Thorneblood
Considering the geometric symmetry of that circle would that not be evidence of this little fishes advanced intelligence?

And how much effort he went through to make sure it was perfect.

But then, we would have to consider spiders as having advanced intelligence, which I dont have a problem with, but some people might think that isnt possible.

posted on Aug, 17 2013 @ 12:36 AM
link   
reply to post by smithjustinb

Good point, there is a certain eerie beauty to a properly constructed spider web isn't there...

posted on Aug, 17 2013 @ 02:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Cyprex

This blew me away, as I had seen and marveled at pictures if underwater crop circles. The artistic and intentional manner that this little fish is carefully arranging this circle is beyond the abilities of an unintelligent species IMHO.

This just pleasantly amazed me, and confirms my belief that all living things are an expression of cognizant and intelligent living energy. Thank you for this! Star and flag attached.

posted on Aug, 17 2013 @ 04:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Coopdog

I agree, and personally go a step further.
As a Pagan, I feel that all matter is sentient, according to it's level of complexity.

But hell ! -- I'd be doing clever stuff like that all the time .........
If I didn't have a television.

mistersmith.

posted on Aug, 17 2013 @ 05:05 AM
link   
You have to wonder why the fish make the crop circle. They have to have some sort of frequency information interacting with their brain or possibly their DNA. Why do people make crop circles, why do they design some structures the way we do. Why do we make our pastries and cakes in shapes like those being created here, there are jello molds with a similar shape as these fish are creating. I think there is much more to this than people think there is.

posted on Aug, 17 2013 @ 06:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by smithjustinb

Originally posted by Thorneblood

And how much effort he went through to make sure it was perfect.

But then, we would have to consider spiders as having advanced intelligence, which I dont have a problem with, but some people might think that isnt possible.

Considering a lot of modern architecture is based on designs found in nature, I'd say "whom is more advanced?"

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join