It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Aliens - Interdimensional Beings? Interview with Aliens

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+4 more 
posted on Aug, 16 2013 @ 07:15 PM
link   
This is a very complex subject, but those who are familiar with Jacques Vallee and similar will know what this theory is about.

In simple words, it's the theory that the alleged "aliens" are really not aliens as in coming from other planets or stars but rather inter-dimensional beings which come from a parallel universe/reality.

I just finished another, interesting book "Hunt for the Skinwalker: Science Confronts the Unexplained at a Remote Ranch in UTAH"

posted on Aug, 16 2013 @ 07:32 PM
link   
I read the same book and came away with the same impression as you. The interdimensional theory just immediately made more sense than anything else to me.

posted on Aug, 16 2013 @ 07:38 PM
link   
Yes it would indeed make much sense and that could be one of the reason why it would be so hard to prove anything about. First if we consider them to be already here it becomes even harder to prove as some of them might work to discredit their very own existence.

I believe although there will come a time when the mysteries of dimensions, what there is beyond the limit of our eyes such as infrared, ultraviolet and so on will be mainstream, elucidated and we will be able to talk about without the mere subject being taboo, yes I believe it will and maybe sooner than we might think ATSers.

Thruthseek3r

posted on Aug, 16 2013 @ 07:51 PM
link   
Define inter-dimensional. Without this definition it means nothing.

I'm not trying to be obtuse or argumentative, but please propose an idea that's based on physics - i.e. a mechanism that allows coherency across multiple dimensions.

String theory doesn't count because string theory doesn't work that way.

posted on Aug, 16 2013 @ 08:10 PM
link   
reply to post by NoRulesAllowed

I suggest looking into the so called "Oz Factor" when it comes to UFO's and E.T's.

There have been a number of reports where the observer senses time dilation and expansion, and an eerie "otherwordly" sensation, and the apprant ability of the UFO itself to bend reality.

To me this seems to fit in with the more likely scenario that these things are coming from other dimensions and realities, different time spans etc

posted on Aug, 16 2013 @ 08:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by MarsIsRed

I tend to think of "dimensional" in this sense to be a place-holder. Say, for example, we are dealing with intelliegences in the electromagnetic spectrum that reside outside the range of our normal senses.

As a theory, the inter-extra-ultra dimensional hypothesis does go along way when "laid" over the myriad mysteries of the UFO phenomena---from the high-strangeness factors to the mind-numbing amount of the various craft described and more.

Initially, when I first came across it and for many years afterward, I found it interesting but dismissed it. Now, years later, and especially since the advent of the internet has revealed just how enigmatic the phenomenon truly is, it has certainly grown on me.

edit on 16-8-2013 by The GUT because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2013 @ 08:44 PM
link   

I'm not trying to be obtuse or argumentative, but please propose an idea that's based on physics - i.e. a mechanism that allows coherency across multiple dimensions.

String theory doesn't count because string theory doesn't work that way.

We are past String Theory and into "Brane theory" nowadays. which does indeed conceptualise the possibility of higher dimensional spaces existing alongside our own space

Let me give you some sort of analogy to illustrate. There's a tale in anthropology that might well be apocryphal however, here it serves a purpose whether it's true or not. It is claimed that an anthropologist took several members of a tribe who has wholly lived in a dense jungle for all their lives to the open plains. The way they saw the world was wholly bounded by that they knew, ie in dense jungle you can rarely see more than 20-30 yards ahead of yourself and when confronted with a herd of buffalo some hundreds of yards away across the plain, the members of the tribe were convinced they were ants because of their "Learned" sense of perspective.Now, I strongly suspect that story is bunch of hooey however, it does neatly show what we might be talking about conceptually.
edit on 16-8-2013 by FireMoon because: Add info

posted on Aug, 16 2013 @ 08:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by The GUT

I tend to think of "dimensional" in this sense to be a place-holder. Say, for example, we are dealing with intelliegences in the electromagnetic spectrum that reside outside the range of our normal senses.

Firstly - thanks for answering directly.

Whilst I respect your answer, does that include low frequency radio to high frequency gamma EM?

As a theory it does go along way when "laid" over the myriad mysteries of the UFO phenomena---from the high-strangeness factors to the mind-numbing amount of the various craft described and more.

Truthfully, this is the reason I doubt the claims. Not dismiss them... just doubt them. Why would so many different craft be flying in our skies (if indeed that is what they are). Doesn't that seem inefficient to you?

posted on Aug, 16 2013 @ 08:56 PM
link   
reply to post by FireMoon

I used string theory because everyone says "string theory accounts for 'the' extra dimensions." Which, of course, it does not.

posted on Aug, 16 2013 @ 09:03 PM
link   

Truthfully, this is the reason I doubt the claims. Not dismiss them... just doubt them. Why would so many different craft be flying in our skies (if indeed that is what they are). Doesn't that seem inefficient to you?

Yeah, that's basically what Vallee, Hynek, et all use as one of the arguing points for the hypothesis. The suggestion then becomes that these "beings" are able to influence our thoughts and experiences, possibly through an application of electromagnetic fields upon the experiencer's mind.

Electromagnetism has long been a factor in many UFO cases even down to stalled vehicles which our military can also do these days.

We know from Michael Persinger and others that these fields can produce some high-strangeness effects on the human mind.

Albert Budden in Electric Ufos: Fireballs, Electromagnetics and Abnormal States proffers that all anomalous experiences are actually just electromagnetically induced hallucinations. Could be.

While I don't agree, at this point, with his basic assertions, I do find the book of interest and full of fascinating information. I think he actually makes more of the opposite case in that such experiences might stem from beings within, or possessing, EM qualities in their physical make-up.

Most of us probably have 3 basic thoughts:

1.) It's all in our heads

2.) It really is ET

3.) They're something akin to the interdimensional hypothesis.

All are still possibilities for me, only their rankings have changed over the years, For me nowadays it's 3, 2, 1.

posted on Aug, 16 2013 @ 09:16 PM
link   

1.) It's all in our heads 2.) It really is ET 3.) They're something akin to the interdimensional hypothesis. All are still possibilities for me, only their rankings have changed over the years, For me nowadays it's 3, 2, 1.

Or 4.... It's all in my head and I'm making you all up and 5 It's all in your head and you're making this all up.

posted on Aug, 16 2013 @ 09:18 PM
link   

This is why I said the entire subject is really complex.

Mainly because it needs a certain basic understanding of spiritual ideas/beliefs. Let me try it:

Our physical reality is only ONE aspect of one greater, reality. There are many more (possibly infinite) "realities" parallel to our physical reality.

"Dimension" in such a sense could mean simply another form of reality which can be "only a little" off to our own or greatly different/off to our own. The idea of many multiple "realities" (planes, dimensions) is a VERY classic and common idea behind many spiritual beliefs.

So..if I say "inter-dimensional"...it means that beings (?) or entities which POSSIBLY can in-habitat such realities are so advanced that they have the technology to change their relaity/dimension via technology...eg. they can "cross over" and visit other realities, beyond their own.

WE can only do this with certain techniques, such as astral projection, certain drugs, meditation etc..where we can get a glimpse of such a different reality/dimension.

This is the basic idea. Think of an onion with many layers of realities and our, current one is only one layer of it.

Imagine a technology SO incredible advanced...or an intelligence so advanced that they they have no borders of "one" reality (like ours) but are aware that multiple such exist....respective that the "real" reality is much, much more than what we currently perceive. Such an intelligence could simply pop-in or pop-out into whatever other reality or "live" in all of them. It's mind-boggling to imagine.
edit on 16-8-2013 by NoRulesAllowed because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2013 @ 09:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by FireMoon
Or 4.... It's all in my head and I'm making you all up and 5 It's all in your head and you're making this all up.

Your head is both a fascinating and scary place full of delightful thoughts, extreme high-strangeness, and dark, dark corners, FireMoon.

Yes, my new theory is that your brain is our universe. Nay the cosmos. That should scare the heck out of you, too, my beloved brother!

posted on Aug, 16 2013 @ 09:24 PM
link   

This is very true , I once found myself stuck in a dimension that thought Barry Manilow, Vanilla ice and Jedward were "talented" and that Simon Cowell was a great judge of talent. Now that was one weird freaking dimension....
edit on 16-8-2013 by FireMoon because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2013 @ 10:00 PM
link   
How about a fourth option?

4: Aliens are just flesh and bones (well - sorta) and made of alien DNA like stuff?

Also - they may have acquired better transportation technology than us!

Why introduce an extra dimension? Surely it fits the bill?

I'm not a religious person, so I don't have need for the hypothetical... but isn't introducing alien extra-dimensions the same?

posted on Aug, 16 2013 @ 10:01 PM
link   
Some might think the humour is misplaced and yet it touches on what we are talking about on a very deep level. Perception as opposed to Mind Control. I suspect the human brain cannot be directly controlled in any meaningful manner as the innate sense of self would be utterly destroyed and with that sense of self would go the ability to actually make the rest of the body function.

So, if you can't use direct mind control then perception , ie that we think we experience is the best way to go? Let me give you an example from Ufology of how perception is manipulated and how in one case I react. I use this as, I can only really give you true empirical data on the subject from my own point of view.

So let's take Shaeffer the skeptic talking head from a gazillion and one documentaries. .Now most people will watch the guy and they will see a bloke with a calm demeanour spouting forth on behalf of reason and good science and that's exactly what he wishes you to perceive. Now when I see the guy I think the following. Why are you nearly always filmed in what looks like a study with rows of books behind you? If your message is that strong why do you feel the need to reinforce it with staged props? Why do nearly all the pro UFO proponents find themselves filmed outdoors on so many documentaries? A subtle suggestion of "being out there"?

Then, if Mr Shaeffer you are this model of cool calm rationality, why does it look like you dye your hair and you're probably wearing a syrup and why do you always wear something that tries to suggest... "Hey I'm a cool dude jazzer, but hey, I know how to dress so I both look learned and cool" See to me, the lifelong media hack i am that reeks of vanity and a certain sense of " Hey I'm right" irrespective of the reality of the situation.

See, that's my reality, I grew up inside the media and through my work have almost constantly lived in the "media dimension" what I perceive about Shaeffer is actually akin to this...

Don' think I'm one sided i could give you a full deconstruction of Stanton Friedman's whole... "I have that friendly yet utterly condescending tone that a University professor has talking to prospective students parents and " Hey I go for the classic.. dude your head's on upside down slightly whacky scientist look replete with my own individualist take on headgear"

The point I'm making is they are trying to control your perception of what they are, by use of visual clues and stimuli. Now extrapolate to an intelligence that can make you think you are seeing a huge flying triangle when in reality it's nothing of the sort? I have, because of my background, a reference with regards to media many wouldn't have a perception that sees past the simple talking heads on the screen, what we don't have with UFOs is a reference as yet, by which to just the reality of what they truly are. All we currently have is people vying for your support of their perception of reality.
edit on 16-8-2013 by FireMoon because: spelling

posted on Aug, 16 2013 @ 10:16 PM
link   

How about a fourth option?

4: Aliens are just flesh and bones (well - sorta) and made of alien DNA like stuff?

Also - they may have acquired better transportation technology than us!

Why introduce an extra dimension? Surely it fits the bill?

Actually, that was #2 on the list. I thought that was inferred by "ET."

I'm not a religious person, so I don't have need for the hypothetical... but isn't introducing alien extra-dimensions the same?

I wouldn't say it was necessarily the same, but it wouldn't exactly be in contradiction with the hypothesis either. It could be spun the other way though as suggested by Vallee and Keel: All the various religions and the spiritism folk have been experiencing these same extra-dimensional beings throughout recorded history and have placed them in their own worldview.

posted on Aug, 16 2013 @ 10:33 PM
link   
My previous post was 'cut short' courtesy of Windows 8... I tried to summarise it.

What I was trying to say was that 'what if' ALL alien encounters were indeed alien encounters, or just wishful thinking. The physiological accounts are just as valid - I have no idea which are true (obviously).

I know Valee's work [especially] and I don't agree with his conclusions. However - I may be wrong!!!

What I find weird, as I'm sure you do, is that there are so many accounts globally. Is your only explanation inter-dimensional beings?

Looking forward to your reply.

edit on 16-8-2013 by MarsIsRed because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2013 @ 10:42 PM
link   
It is a 100% fact that there are entities who defy everything we believe we know about what an entity can be. Humanoids who jump from point a to point c when they walk, and other humanoids too magnificent and great to bare the sight of to the point where being in their presence is so incompatible with your physicality that your body would die. These things absolutely exist. The question is, are they merely creations of the brain? If so, there are some fascinating discoveries to be had in the field of neuroscience. If not, there are some fascinating discoveries to be made in a field that doesnt really exist yet. philosoastroneurophysics.

posted on Aug, 16 2013 @ 10:53 PM
link   

The problem with extra dimensional is that the extra dimensions have not been shown to exist, they are at the very best theoretical. Other planets on the other hand are proven to exist. Further, astronomers are beginning to think that planets are ubiquitous. This really pushes the probabilities toward "extraterrestrial" as opposed to "extra dimensional", and, even IF the additional dimensions are shown to exist, those probabilities will not be affected much, as it is highly improbable that life and intelligence as we understand it can not exist on a sub-set of universal dimension.

This being the case (stuff existing in a sub-set) it is not very likely we would ever meet something beyond the very simple that exists in another dimension, and most certainly never anything advanced.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join