It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Arafat the Monster

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 11 2004 @ 10:18 AM
link   
What a great day for the world! Arafat is Dead!!

This man was the cause of more death and distruction in the world, I am elated he is gone!

The leadership errors by Arafat has caused years of suffering on his own people which will go down in history as blunder after blunder.

November 11, 2004
By Jeff Jacoby, Globe Columnist
Boston Globe

YASSER ARAFAT died at age 75, lying in bed surrounded by familiar faces. He left this world peacefully, unlike the thousands of victims he sent to early graves.

In a better world, the PLO chief would have met his end on a gallows, hanged for mass murder much as the Nazi chiefs were hanged at Nuremberg. In a better world, the French president would not have paid a visit to the bedside of such a monster. In a better world, George Bush would not have said, on hearing the first reports that Arafat had died, "God bless his soul."

God bless his soul? What a grotesque idea! Bless the soul of the man who brought modern terrorism to the world? Who sent his agents to slaughter athletes at the Olympics, blow airliners out of the sky, bomb schools and pizzerias, machine-gun passengers in airline terminals? Who lied, cheated, and stole without compunction? Who inculcated the vilest culture of Jew-hatred since the Third Reich? Human beings might stoop to bless a creature so evil -- as indeed Arafat was blessed, with money, deference, even a Nobel Prize -- but God, I am quite sure, will damn him for eternity.

www.boston.com...

[edit on 12-11-2004 by SIRR1]

posted on Nov, 11 2004 @ 10:47 AM
link   

Perhaps his signal contribution to the practice of political terror was the introduction of warfare against children.

What a load of BS propaganda. Arafat had a meeting where he said "Ok we need to start killing Jewish kids". A load of cack.

Hey, Sharon is a murdering scumbag who was responsible for thousands of deaths in Sabra and Chatilla, but when old fatty finally kicks the bucket I won't be saying "I am glad he's dead."

Why? Because NOTHING is EVER a simple black and white. A human life is still a human life.

Unless you're ignorant and misguided.

May Arafat rest in peace.

jako

posted on Nov, 11 2004 @ 10:52 AM
link   
you both are goofy.....

Arafat was a piece of garbage.....

Sharon is a piece of garbage.......

At this point of time I feel that both sides are wrapped up in a never ending downward spiral of terror.

The only chance of peace is if they stop the fighting and get an agreement going.

Two states.... Palestine and Israel.

As far as right and wrong ... black and white.... it does not exist in this situation.

Both sides are guilty of evil.

Arafat is dead... o well.

There should be no propaganda on either side for both sides are wrong.

Later,

Reason

Edit: spelling

[edit on 11-11-2004 by REASON]

posted on Nov, 11 2004 @ 11:03 AM
link   
I'm no fan of arafat. He rejected every reasonable peace deal given to him, and lead the palestinians, like willing sheep, into a situation where they will -never- have sovereignty. The israelis are pulling their civilians out of the west bank and makeing the border into a continuous security checkpoint; but they aren't pulling their troops out nor ending the occupation. Good for them. The west bank obviously isn't worth it anyway. Now the palestinians won't have any bargaining chips, so to speak. They won't have jewish settlements, but they'll still have unending raids. Arafat was a terrorist, blowing up civilians was how he came to fame amoung the palestinians. Sure, there were dozens of jewish terrorists, especially before the state of israel was founded, they're mostly dead and can be forgotten too. Arafat is goingto go the same way. He'll be remembered amoung the palestinians, whi will be a people with a non-independant state suffering under the suzerainty of the israelis, whether in theory or in practice. And the arabs are going to use his image as a tool to keep the status quo in the levant, because they don't care about the palestinians, a people who are almost just as closely related to the israeli natives as they are to the arab natives, a people whom half the population of which don't even live in the Palestinian Authority territory. When arafat was alive, he received millions, millions from europe and even the US, to build up the PA and proto-palestine. Now he's dead. There aren't hospital, schools, roads, or even a centralized army that can challenge the terrorist groups.

When 911 happened, I remember palestinians dancing the streets. Literally, they saw that possibly 5,000 civilians had died, and they were so ecstatic, they ran out of their hovels, into their roads, dancing clapping hooting and smiling. Now arafat is dead. I don't see jews dancing in the streets. I don't even see the israelis having blocked him from traveling abroad. I do see PA officials saying its the israelis fault for enseiging him. Well, now the palestinians are disunited, lacking a strong authority figure, so they are going to get even less than they would've before. Without arafat, they'll probably be more controlled by outside forces, like the saudis and iranians and syrians. So they're going to be even less independant than before.

posted on Nov, 11 2004 @ 11:07 AM
link   
Arafat is dead. Let dead dogs lie. A man lives so long as his name is on the tongue of those who breathe.

[edit on 04/11/11 by GradyPhilpott]

posted on Nov, 11 2004 @ 06:01 PM
link   
Hi... well I was hoping someone could help me. I am in a western civ. class and when we mentioned that Arafat is dead, when no one said anything I said well good.. he's not a very good man and then I was attacked by almost every person in there asking my why he isn't a good man, what he did wrong and where are my facts, lets just say I felt really stupid when I had nothing to back me up but the memory of other people talking about what a bad man he is.. if anyone could help me and explain to me why its probably a good thing he is dead..that would be awesome.. THANKS

posted on Nov, 11 2004 @ 06:13 PM
link   
The magic words are "Black September". I really haven't done a lot of research to see what the opposition's views are, but start here:

Arafat's Terrorist Past

posted on Nov, 11 2004 @ 06:20 PM
link   
Andybaby3

Here is a good place to start..

achille Lauro

Palestinian Liberation Org. tossed a person in a wheelchair overboard., from an
Ocean liner..

posted on Nov, 11 2004 @ 06:21 PM
link   
This thread is all garbage.

I don't know many monsters who have won the Nobel Peace Prize.

Arafat is a hero and a patriot toward a Palestinian free state from the chains of Israel.

dh

posted on Nov, 11 2004 @ 06:32 PM
link   
Arafat was a Bilderberger
He attended in '98 or '99
He has also been photographed flashing the horned hand so beloved of George Dubya
This isn't so much a real enemy as a vis-avis fake enemy
He's gone and we await the similar front to descend

[edit on 11-11-2004 by dh]

posted on Nov, 11 2004 @ 06:32 PM
link   
OK then.
He was not a Monster.
Just an opportunistic murderer and user, of his own people.
And a thief.

But not a monster..

dh

posted on Nov, 11 2004 @ 06:38 PM
link   
Blavatsky, Alice Bailey, Crowley, Churchill, 7 Rays, You know, these things are neutral, but otherwise we can appropriate this to our own side
We need to take this off them and to our own struggle

posted on Nov, 11 2004 @ 06:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Illmatic67
This thread is all garbage.

I don't know many monsters who have won the Nobel Peace Prize.

Arafat is a hero and a patriot toward a Palestinian free state from the chains of Israel.

Well you know one Arafat, He ordered terrorist attacks and paid them.

Terrorist says orders come from Arafat

TULKARM, West Bank � A leader of the largest Palestinian terrorist group spearheading suicide bombings and other attacks against Israel says he is following the orders of Palestinian leader Yasser Arafat.

www.usatoday.com...

"Yasser Arafat paid $2,000 to the family of a Palestinian suicide bomber who attacked the beach front Dolphinarium dance club in Tel Aviv in 2001 and then sent the terrorist�s father a letter in which he praised his son�s murderous act"

www.worldnetdaily.com...

During March 9-13, 1997 (and perhaps earlier), Arafat met personally in Gaza with the leaders of Hamas and other militant groups, and gave them the "green light" to resume terrorist attacks

On September 19, 2001, Arafat personally approved a request for payment of $600 to three people including Ra'ad Karmi, commander of the Tanzim in Tulkarm, who was personally involved in at least 25 shooting attacks against Israelis. Arafat funded Karmi even though Israel had placed Karmi on its "most-wanted" list just three months earlier.

www.jcpa.org...

What a great hero and man of peace. He really deserved a nobel peace prize

posted on Nov, 11 2004 @ 06:50 PM
link   
Well finally a thread that tells the history of the man, I read somewhere that his wife will be paid $22 Million a year from the Palestinian Authority.

US taxpayers, Oil Rich countries monies well spent huh? While the people live in huts.

Good riddance......

Arafat Was Dead A Long Long Time Ago

"They're trying to bury him [Yasser Arafat] while he's still alive," so bellowed Suha, his "faithful" wife, referring to Palestinian Authority leaders, PA Prime Minister Ahmed Qureia (Abu Ala) and former Prime Minister Muhmoud Abbas (Abu Mazen), recently on al-Jazeera TV. It's a very interesting situation. Many reports already put him as "brain dead" or just plain dead...he probably died last week some time. Remember George Bush's quip, "G-D bless his soul."

Was he gay?

Hugging and kissing...that leads to the question of what his mystery disease was?

It's been alleged for years that Yasser Arafat was a homosexual and pedophile. I won't trouble you with all the gory details, but it probably was AIDS that got him. All his symptoms pointed in that direction. Former Romanian deputy foreign intelligence chief Ion Pacepa wrote about Arafat's romps with his bodyguards, back in 1987. Not long ago, former US federal prosecutor John Loftus told ABC radio that Arafat was dying of AIDS, and that the CIA has known about this for a while.

As Suha shouted at the end of her rant, "G-D is Great...G-D is Great!"

AIDS, HOMO, BOY LOVER...that's one of the reasons for the cover-up. Arafat always said he wanted to die as a "Shaheed," a martyr, so how do you explain to the Palestinian masses that their hero was a...queer? Most Palestinian's are serious Muslims (60-90% depending on the survey question). Homosexuality is officially banned in Islam.

Want to know more about him?

posted on Nov, 11 2004 @ 07:08 PM
link   
^he died from brain hemridge not aids

also could give me a link that shows he had aid as so many are saying it on here?

posted on Nov, 11 2004 @ 07:13 PM
link   
Maybe a monster, but his people called him "father" and they cried openly in the streets- hmmmm.....

posted on Nov, 11 2004 @ 07:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempe
Maybe a monster, but his people called him "father" and they cried openly in the streets- hmmmm.....

maybe becuase to them he was a simble of their struggle
1. he was the one that got israel and other nations to reconise them
2. he was fighting for palistain
3. he was fighting for a future for the palistians

posted on Nov, 11 2004 @ 07:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempe

People did the same for Hitler and Kim Il Sung it didnt make them great men. Important men sure but not great men.

posted on Nov, 11 2004 @ 08:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by edsinger
It's been alleged for years that Yasser Arafat was a homosexual and pedophile. AIDS, HOMO, BOY LOVER...that's one of the reasons for the cover-up. Homosexuality is officially banned in Islam.

You know, thats really interesting because,

It's been alleged for years that Ed Singer is a homosexual and pedophile. AIDS, HOMO, BOY LOVER...that's one of the reasons for the ultra right wing facade. Homosexuality is officially banned in Ed Singerlam.

Hmm, strange. Who'da thunk it right?

bodrul
maybe becuase to them he was a simble of their struggle
1. he was the one that got israel and other nations to reconise them

To recognize what? The qausi-state that they gave him, in hopes that it would stop him and his compatriots from blowing up civilians?

2. he was fighting for palistain

The only reason there isn't a palestine today is probably arafat. He turned down every offer at every moment. Now that that hard liner sharon is in power, looks like the israelis are taking the targets away, putting up a wall, and sending in the tanks.

3. he was fighting for a future for the palistians

Well, whatever his intentions, he left them with nothing. THe millions he got from europe, the US, the world, he didn't use it to make life better for the palestinians. And he didn't use his political power to get them statehood, independence, freedom. Nope. he's dead, they're still occupied, and it looks like the occupation is never going stop. He really screwed them.

posted on Nov, 11 2004 @ 08:04 PM
link   
YOu know,
I noticed something in a news clip last night...I saw it twice.
It was a clip, probably filmed right after this last illness struck.
He was conscious, and surrounded by his "posse".

There was a man sitting to his left. Arafat, tried to pull his hand up and kiss it..
This man quickly DREW his hand away..VERY quickly..The clip ended just as he was pulling his hand away.. Did anyone else notice this?

Doesn't mean Aids or anything, but it does mean this other guy thought Arafat was contagious...Think he was just being paranoid?

[edit on 11-11-2004 by spacedoubt]

top topics

<<   2 >>

join