It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Republican rep on banksters; There is NO CRIME WITHOUT A GUN

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 16 2013 @ 12:34 PM
link   
What a maroon.

When asked about his position on reinstating the Glass Steagall act to regulate the banksters, he says he doesn't believe there is such a thing as white collar crime and that for a crime to occur, a gun has to be involved (isn't that part of the Democratic mantra?)

Congressman Doesn’t Believe White Collar Crime On Wall Street Exists

There’s no such thing as financial crime, according to Rep. Tom McClintock (R-CA).

At a town hall meeting in El Dorado Hills, California on Tuesday, a constituent asked McClintock for his “stance on Wall Street criminal practices.” The congressman responded, “Well first of all, for a criminal practice there has to be a gun. It’s pretty simple.”

After detailing his opposition to reforms that would curb bank risk-taking and simplify the financial system, McClintock added that bad financial decisions are the responsibility of the individual who makes them and that’s “the price we pay for the freedom to make all of the good decisions in our lives.”

The price America paid for the financial crisis measures in the trillions – probably in the tens of trillions – of dollars. That crisis was brought on by sweeping fraud involving faked signatures and lies about loan terms, and was exacerbated by short-term compensation incentives that encouraged financial executives to manipulate stock prices with disastrous long-term effects. A recent survey found an alarmingly high willingness to commit such gun-free acts of thievery among Wall Street employees, provided they would get away with it.

Think Progress

I do agree with him on the points that the banks should have been forced to eat their bad loans and allowed to fail instead of being bailed out but, to say that losing money should be the only cost for the criminal activity that takes place daily on Wall Street is bad policy.

He doesn't take into account all of the people who have starved around the world because of the financial mess created on Wall Street by the banksters. People, not just here in the US, but all around the world have had their lives ruined as a result of Wall Street greed. Some countries are on the verge of collapse because of what the banksters have done but this guy thinks the only penalties they should have to pay for their crimes against humanity is to lose out on a few bucks and maybe get a smaller bonus this year.

Yes folks; the Republicans ARE out of touch with the common man and until they figure out what makes Joe Sixpack tick, they'll keep legislating themselves into irrelevancy.

posted on Aug, 16 2013 @ 12:44 PM
link   
reply to post by FortAnthem

Fort Buddy!

From source:

The congressman responded, “Well first of all, for a criminal practice there has to be a gun. It’s pretty simple.”

So, by this logic
if I were to knock him out and then sodomize him, without a gun and wearing a white collared shirt, no crime is committed..?

Where can I find this guy..?

posted on Aug, 16 2013 @ 12:47 PM
link   
reply to post by facelift

I think we should all get together and chase him and all of his kind out of town with torches and pitchforks.

He can't sic the cops on us for it because according to him: No gun, no crime.

posted on Aug, 16 2013 @ 12:47 PM
link   
What a complete idiot. What does all the title 18 laws mean then if someone doesn't have a gun. As a matter of fact, with his thinking, no one without a gun can be committing a crime, so it is anarchy! And most of these morons are lawyers. Now you know why our laws are so screwed up. Not to mention passing them without reading them. I guess they figured that they didn't need to read them because only people with guns would be subject to them.

posted on Aug, 16 2013 @ 12:49 PM
link   
Perhaps Rep. Tom McClintock is right... in a way. I seem to recall quite a few brandished firearms as our lovely banking cartel waged crusade after crusade to spread their fiat monetary ways throughout the Middle East.

What he's wrong about lies in his belief that there is no such thing as financial crime.
Those who control the standard of money on this rock have committed the most heinous crimes in our history.

The man is either willfully lying through his dental work (as most politicians are wont to do)...

or he's an imbecile.

edit on 16-8-2013 by FugitiveSoul because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2013 @ 12:57 PM
link   
Holy Cow! This clown should have just kept his mouth shut and let people think he was stupid instead of opening it and ... you know.

posted on Aug, 16 2013 @ 01:03 PM
link   
There are crimes among the Federal Mandatory Minimum Sentencing guidelines that carry anything from 30 years to Natural Life in prison without a gun or even violence needing to be an element of proof to send someone away.

Sometimes the ignorance of those in elected office makes me laugh. Other times? Like this? I just sigh and try not to cry. We're soooo screwed when this level of rational thought is considered something to accept and call good.

posted on Aug, 16 2013 @ 01:03 PM
link   
So ripping you off is totally cool. Taking up arms against those who ripped you off is a crime.

What's with this guy? CA seems to love clowns.

posted on Aug, 16 2013 @ 01:07 PM
link   

The bankers don't need a gun, they just send people who have them to enforce their evil, unfair, unconscionable contracts.

Those contracts are not so evil or unfair though, because most people are just too stupid to read them and understand what they are fumbling into.

It could be approached from different direction, and this is part of the reason the economy is being intentionally destroyed in order to deny resources to those waking up to the scam, reducing options regarding what action to take is a natural reaction by fearful people, like denying a pest the ability to find food inside of a living space, causing it to go elsewhere to find food.

It's not us who are the fearful ones, we are just fed fear-mongering propaganda to keep us in our houses hiding from the very thing we should all be protesting about.

posted on Aug, 16 2013 @ 01:07 PM
link   

So !
By this "twisted logic", a pimp can beat one of his ladies to death with a 2x4 and niether of them has commited a crime.
I guess you can also cut someones throut and and because you used a knife and not a gun, you go scott free.

posted on Aug, 16 2013 @ 01:08 PM
link   
It would be great if we could gather all the stupid things politicians say, such as this, and put them all on one website where hopefully people will eventually learn to check out their potential candidates before voting for them.

posted on Aug, 16 2013 @ 01:11 PM
link   

did anybody actually listen to the entire video ?

posted on Aug, 16 2013 @ 01:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by xuenchen

The quoted material was enough for me thanks. Didn't want to cause myself brain damage by watching this early in the day.

posted on Aug, 16 2013 @ 01:25 PM
link   

I did before posting. That's why I said I agreed with him on not bailing out the banks and letting them fail.

Still, overall his comments were asinine and idiotic. It shows what slaves to the banksters our elected representatives really are.

And to make matters worse; the audience actually applauded at the end of his blathering speech.

No wonder this country is doomed.

posted on Aug, 16 2013 @ 01:29 PM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

I made it to 37 seconds.

2nd.

posted on Aug, 16 2013 @ 01:33 PM
link   

The question remains, did the government bail out the banks, or did the banks use the government to bail out themselves?

It's easy to proclaim, "we're going to let them fail", but one must first understand the level of involvement our banks have in the machine of this country, or the world in general.

posted on Aug, 16 2013 @ 01:50 PM
link   

There’s no such thing as financial crime,

He's right if one not blinded by political ideology thinks about it ?

Money is fiat currency and's value is determined by what the FED says it has, and it printed out of thin air.

Most people ignore this to fight over thin air.

Flame away

posted on Aug, 16 2013 @ 01:57 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

What is your logic on that? Okay, so we have a fiat currency. That doesn't make it meaningless until it collapses. The day before that happens, it's as real, tangible and critical as a bar of solid gold bullion. I mean, my money is still a representation of my work or effort to get it, right? When I hand it to a store keeper, I get the goods I really wanted to leave there with and couldn't have, any other way. Hence...it's as real a currency as anything on Earth until the day it isn't. The BIG difference being, of course, paper money will have that day eventually and Gold won't. Will it happen in our personal lifetime? That's ultimately the question for points.

I really don't mean to be picky...but the "It's not backed so it's meaningless" just gets to rub wrong. How many millions have died in recent years over something 'meaningless'?

posted on Aug, 16 2013 @ 02:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

Yeah it is backed by nothing other than 'governments' word.

Who has died 'in recent years' ?

Bankers get that cash by calling up the FED.

When a bank loans money that is not bank money that is FED money that is given to you.

The FEDS charge the bank.

The bank charges you.

Both make that 'cash' from nothing that doesn't exist's so people can go out and buy their 'must' have items.

There is no 'crime' without a gun ?

The Federal Reserve is a 'gun'.

So.
edit on 16-8-2013 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2013 @ 02:11 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Perhaps it would be better to say that the REAL crime is the Federal government declaring that the worthless paper put out by the Fed is legal tender. This is what gives the banksters the power to rip us all off.

Still, once the gubment had decreed that we must do business with their worthless paper, any nefarious activity the banksters and Wall Street do to rob it away from the common man becomes a crime. Just because it has no intrinsic worth doesn't mean that stealing it from people is not a crime. Especially when the gubment forces us to use it to pay our taxes and the fines and fees that they are constantly heaping upon us.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join