It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WHO Are The Two Witnesses Answered.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 16 2013 @ 02:02 PM
link   
OK, the whole scriptures, minus a little bit of history that either is referenced, or simply known characters in that generation so used as a archetype, which is actually what I suspect as the tales themselves seem more ancient often, than the bible's time frame. In any case, the scriptures are metaphors for an inner journey. And often the entire meaning changes, including the very nature of the God people believe in.

This is true for revelations very much so. And the 2 witnesses. They are not outer men. They are something else entirely.

On one level the 2 witnesses are something that comes in with every soul, recording all and our own judgements on ourselves, (think life review when we leave the flesh) are according to what we were given, and in some cases, allowed to slip through our hands, allowed our Love to grow hard and selfish, or lost common sense by giving power away to absurd religious or eco political views.

We come in with both Love and Wisdom, those are the 2 witnesses.

And we go through a life review with all recordings answering to these 2 witnesses.

Thats the most important meaning of that passage.

posted on Aug, 16 2013 @ 02:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Unity_99

So how is it that the BODIES of love and wisdom

lie in the streets of Jerusalem for 3 days before God calls them BODILY up to Himself?

LOLOLOLOL

Sigh.

posted on Aug, 16 2013 @ 02:45 PM
link   
Have to agree with Bo Xian here. The 2 witnesses is a "literal event". I was deeply involved in the new age movement so please take it from me when I say with complete honesty, "the new age utopian view seems harmless and loving on the outside, but it's main goal is to get the masses falling for a lie, to receive half truths of something positive so that they believe it's not even remotely possibly it could be harmful or bad. When you talk about the 2 witnesses being some kind of symbolical event that takes place within , your echoing the new age movements twisting of scripture to detach people of the true reality of what is going on

posted on Aug, 16 2013 @ 06:02 PM
link   
For those who believe one of the witnesses is Elijah since he never died, how does this apply:

Matthew 11:12-14 (Amplified Version)

12 And from the days of John the Baptist until the present time, the kingdom of heaven has endured violent assault, and violent men seize it by force [as a precious prize—a share in the heavenly kingdom is sought with most ardent zeal and intense exertion].

13 For all the Prophets and the Law prophesied up until John.

14 And if you are willing to receive and accept it, John himself is Elijah who was to come [before the kingdom].

If what Jesus spoke about John the Baptist himself being Elijah, Elijah was killed as a reincarnated John the Baptist. This is a tough one to wrap your mind around if you actually follow scripture and have never read these verses. These verses are Jesus speaking so you can't just him/haw it away as nothing.

I can't say I understand them and am open to all who are more knowledgeable than I to explain this.

As far as Enoch, he never died and therefore must die at some point since the scriptures state it is appointed unto man once to die and after that the judgement. Based on that statement, Enoch has to die at some point in time.

posted on Aug, 16 2013 @ 06:23 PM
link   
reply to post by bozzchem

imho,

We cannot say emphatically WHAT Jesus meant in that verse.

Arguing from silence is hazardous.

Reincarnated doesn't really fit the Biblical truths in the rest of the Bible.

Short of being reincarnated, what are the other options?

--in the spirit of?
--in a similar ministry of re God's Truth and the Messiah?
--preparing the way for the Messiah's first coming as The Two Witnesses will, in a sense the Messiah's coming as a conquering King?

God knows. I don't KNOW.

It just doesn't quite fit well in my spirit to read into that verse that John was Elijah reincarnated.

But I certainly don't presume to read Jesus' mind 2,000 years ago on it.

posted on Aug, 16 2013 @ 06:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by BO XIAN

imho,

We cannot say emphatically WHAT Jesus meant in that verse.

Arguing from silence is hazardous.

Reincarnated doesn't really fit the Biblical truths in the rest of the Bible.

Short of being reincarnated, what are the other options?

--in the spirit of?
--in a similar ministry of re God's Truth and the Messiah?
--preparing the way for the Messiah's first coming as The Two Witnesses will, in a sense the Messiah's coming as a conquering King?

God knows. I don't KNOW.

It just doesn't quite fit well in my spirit to read into that verse that John was Elijah reincarnated.

But I certainly don't presume to read Jesus' mind 2,000 years ago on it.

I didn't speak emphatically nor did I argue "from silence".

It didn't fit well in my mind either when it was shown to me two nights ago. Odd that this thread would pop up so soon after someone pointing this scripture out to me. The person who shared it with me told me that it could potentially cause quite a stir in the Christian community.
edit on 16-8-2013 by bozzchem because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2013 @ 06:29 PM
link   
reply to post by 2WitnessesArrived

The Lord of the EArth, as in Enkil or Enlil?

posted on Aug, 16 2013 @ 06:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by BO XIAN

So how is it that the BODIES of love and wisdom

lie in the streets of Jerusalem for 3 days before God calls them BODILY up to Himself?

LOLOLOLOL

Sigh.

Revelations are all metaphors.

And that makes perfect sense from an ascensional point of view. For as we overcome our ego and the world, we crucify our lower primitive impulses and are born again, enkindled by Holy Spirit, kundalini in some traditions, and we go from being sons/daughters of mankind to being Sons/Daughters of the Most High God/Goodness, and operate, in the flesh, in the body suit that we're in, from Higher Mind, connected to Source.

posted on Aug, 16 2013 @ 09:34 PM
link   

That verse has been there from the beginning of the Church.

When things are not crystal clear, emphatic etc.

Certainly asking Holy Spirit is wise.

AND avoiding dogmatic jumping to conclusions is also wise.

And paying attention to, keeping in mind the WHOLE COUNSEL OF ALL OF THE BIBLE IS CRUCIAL.

I don't find the reincarnation explanation consistent with the rest of Scripture.

posted on Aug, 16 2013 @ 09:36 PM
link   

NOPE.

The literalists had to deal with a raft of "symbolic"

"higher criticism" blokes a hundred years ago.

In many dozens, hundreds of cases,

THE LITERALISTS WERE ALWAYS PROVEN CORRECT as archeology uncovered more and more confirmation that the Bible was literally true in detail after detail.

I'll cast my lot with the literalists still.

IOW, I expect 2 literal WITNESSES calling the satanic oligarchy and other complicit rebels against God to account literally--with signs and wonders accordingly . . . as the Bible indicates.

Some things are literal AND symbolic, both/and. I don't think a great number of things in the Bible are primarily or only symbolic.

edit on 16/8/2013 by BO XIAN because: addition

posted on Aug, 17 2013 @ 12:27 AM
link   
reply to post by th3onetruth

Thoes are Lord of FOOLS, who worship a false god enlil, enli, AKA Satan.

posted on Aug, 17 2013 @ 01:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by 2WitnessesArrived
reply to post by UnifiedSerenity

There's only one messiah which is Yeshua Christ, so I do not want to take part in that false doctrine claiming 2 messiahs which is probably going to be used to justify the anti Christ rule. For many will be deceived, even Gods elect.

Did I say there were two different Messiahs? Is Yeshua coming back as the conquering Messiah? You seem to read into whatever I say something you think you can find error. I shared that the Midrash speaks of 2 Messiahs, and gave their names and a link to that article. The error THEY make is they see two different men, and not ONE man coming at two different times.

posted on Aug, 17 2013 @ 01:32 AM
link   
The number 2 is taking it too literal. TWO doesn't ALWAYS mean two individuals. The Bible speaks in Symbolism. Yes, I know, it says they will hang for all to see, but that is symbolism as well. In many cases, ESPECIALLY in Revelation you have to get out of the Literally Frame of Mind.

Everyone together makes up the mystical body of Christ. Witnessing ALL the events of Revelation are not the responsibility of just 2 individuals, but rather 2 symbolic bodies of water (peoples) that make up 2 different view points. Leaving the awesome responsibility to just 2 people to witness the End Times and give their accounts before God on the Day of Judgment severely undermines the indefinable Glorious power of God. Two is a limit. God is not.

The True Followers of Christ are one of the Two Witnesses referred to in the Book of Revelation and who will be protected from Heaven. The Jews will be the Second of the Two Witnesses.

The Jews will then know who the True Messiah at last is and their preaching of the Truth will also be cast aside and thrown out by the False Prophet and the Anti-Christ to rot like a corpse. Again, this chosen race will not die.

Both will feel defeated but this will not be the case for they will form, along with all other religions, the one true Church – the New Jerusalem which will rise from the Ashes.

They will survive the terrible evil monarchy which will arise under the dual leadership of the False Prophet and the Anti-Christ, both of whom will be cast into the lake of fire that is Hell.

This persecution will not last long and you will be given great strength and protection.

Many of you will become saints in His New Paradise and, having helped build His Remnant Church on earth, will reign with He in the New Heaven and Earth which will emerge at His Second Coming.

Those of you who are not with Christ will be given a very short time to choose.

The two lamps are the True Christian Churches, the traditional true Church and those followers of He who will be cast aside by the False Prophet.

The two Olive Trees are the Old Jerusalem Israel and the New Israel.

I hope this helps.

God Bless.

Please do not choose to obtain the Mark of the Beast.

posted on Aug, 17 2013 @ 02:22 AM
link   

If you are a Christian, does it really make a difference who the two witnesses shall be?

When they show up the game is almost over, the gig is up.
And even if you did know, to what worth would that knowledge be?

posted on Aug, 17 2013 @ 03:47 AM
link   
Sign. Religious fruitcakes!

This what Jesus warned about! ( the fruitcakes I mean)

posted on Aug, 17 2013 @ 04:32 AM
link   

The Two Witnesses are the Sun and the Moon.

Astro-theology.

posted on Aug, 17 2013 @ 11:41 AM
link   

...I guess Gaia is also a false god, aka satan....
What are the chances that your religion is the right one compared to the others?
Are you afraid of death?

posted on Aug, 17 2013 @ 02:41 PM
link   
reply to post by th3onetruth

The two witnesses are the Holy Spirit and the Word of God,

The two candle sticks are the old and new testaments. They, the Word is a lamp unto our feet.

Lamps need oil, so there is an olive tree supplying each lamp.

The Holy Spirit will use the 144,000 and they will use the Word of God.

They will be killed for their testimony but will not see decay as they will be raised in 3'1/2 days.

This is very soon to take place, the world is now as in the days of Noe!

Christians, His Blessings!

posted on Aug, 17 2013 @ 04:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by purplemonkeydishwasher

The Two Witnesses are the Sun and the Moon.

Astro-theology.

I'm surprised someone hasn't claimed that they are

--the center and the chocolate exterior of Oreo's.

or

--Yin and yang

or

--Mutt and Jeff

or

--Tom and Jerry

or

--Donald Duck and Uncle Scrooge

or

--JFK and Lincoln

or

--Hans Solo and Luke Skywalker

or

--Slick Willy and the Narcissist In Chief

or

--John Wayne and Roy Rogers

or

--Brad Steiger and Howard Hughes

or

--Santa Claus and the Tooth Fairy

or

--Lewis and Clark

or

--Oral Roberts and Smith Wigglesworth

or

--. . . .

= = =

I mean . . . if one is going to jump in the deep end of absurdity . . . why not go whole hog?

= = =

imho, the TWO WITNESSES is a serious issue.

And wild speculations are hazardous to one's very construction on reality as well as one's functional RELATIONSHIP with God Almighty.

posted on Aug, 17 2013 @ 06:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by 2WitnessesArrived
reply to post by OptimusSubprime

A person is not able to reside in heaven without a new glorified body, they cannot live in heaven with earthly flesh.

Yeah so maybe when they come back, they will be given a new body.

Jesus was in heaven before he came to earth right? And he's in heaven now, right? But he's coming back to earth, righ- oh wait, no, you said that people in heaven cannot come back to earth so I guess that means no Jesus either, and it also means the whole story of Jesus coming to earth 2,000 years ago was false... Ok, cool, do you have any other declarations you'd like to make concerning this new religion you are inventing where God cannot do whatever he wills?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join