It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Let's blow them all away in the name of the Lord!!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 11 2004 @ 10:03 AM
link   
In a televised debate on CNN, televangelist Jerry Falwell suggested President Bush should,

"Blow them (the terrorists) all away in the name of the Lord."

"You've got to kill the terrorists before the killing stops. And I'm for the president to chase them all over the world. If it takes 10 years, blow them all away in the name of the Lord."

This *hit is whack!
Call to kill terrorists 'in the name of the Lord' sparks outcry

Such comments coming from Christain leaders can be considered fuel for the terrorists in recruiting their own holy warriors. I thought the message of Christianity is not to wage war, hatred or murder. The war on terror is not a war between Christians and Muslims. It is a war between those who want peace in the world and those who want to destroy peace.

It looks like religious leaders on both sides of this war on terrorism are declaring involvement "in the name of God".

Could this be a secret agenda of Christianity? A modern day crusade of the middle-east?

posted on Nov, 11 2004 @ 10:23 AM
link   
Osama: Lets have a holy war!
Bush: Thats a great idea!!

Myself.. I'm an athiest and I care about human beings.. I think we're wonderful. I hardly see the point in dieing for it. Sorry Him.

They're just trying to fulfill prophesies for glory but the thing is there'll be no-one left to remember them anyhow.

TPK

posted on Nov, 11 2004 @ 10:34 AM
link   
"If it takes 10 years" my ass. It's going to take another 100 at this rate. For every terrorist that gets "blown away in the name of the lord", another 5 take his or her place. In the process the world becomes a little more polarized. A little more fanatical. Sure, the terrorists need to be stopped, but it's never going to happen unless those self-righteous individuals on 'our' side, who are turning it into even more of a holy war, are stopped as well.

posted on Nov, 11 2004 @ 11:12 AM
link   
Jerry must like "Pulp Fiction".
Is he doing a Samuel L. Jackson impression yet?

posted on Nov, 11 2004 @ 11:21 AM
link   
I think good ole Jerry should be the first one to grab a gun and take out some terrorists. I wouldn't be the tiniest bit saddened to see Jerry's head cut off with a big butcherknife.

What is it with religious zealots being so eager to have people killed? I think Christians and Catholics need to be put into camps...

posted on Nov, 11 2004 @ 11:22 AM
link   
Sooner or later this was bound to happen....

When a holy war is launched against the "infidel" (Christians) then isn't it inevitable that the Christians will begin to consider the "War on Terrorism" a holy war?

It sounds ridiculous, but the development of this "war on terror" seems to be lending itself to a type of pseudo-crusade forming.

Christians and Jews vs. Muslims

posted on Nov, 11 2004 @ 11:24 AM
link   
Hmm, that article is from the 5th (Nov) - usually takes him 3 days to say he was "mis-quoted", but will apologize anyway if he offended anyone.

Misfit

posted on Nov, 11 2004 @ 12:29 PM
link   
I know it doesnt make any differnce and is rude to bring facts into this orgy of derision. I apologize,for what its worth Islam declared war on the world a long time ago.

9.29. Fight against those who (1) believe not in All�h, (2) nor in the Last Day, (3) nor forbid that which has been forbidden by All�h and His Messenger (4) and those who acknowledge not the religion of truth (i.e. Isl�m) among the people of the Scripture (Jews and Christians), until they pay the Jizyah with willing submission, and feel themselves subdued.

kill them and torture them8.12. (Remember) when your Lord inspired the angels, "Verily, I am with you, so keep firm those who have believed. I will cast terror into the hearts of those who have disbelieved, so strike them over the necks, and smite over all their fingers and toes."

8.67. It is not for a Prophet that he should have prisoners of war (and free them with ransom) until he had made a great slaughter (among his enemies) in the land. You desire the good of this world (i.e. the money of ransom for freeing the captives), but All�h desires (for you) the Hereafter. And All�h is All-Mighty, All-Wise.

Tabari VI:138 �Those present at the oath of Aqabah had sworn an allegiance to Muhammad. It was a pledge of war against all men. Allah had permitted fighting.�

posted on Nov, 11 2004 @ 02:11 PM
link   
"...And, I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers! And, you will know my name is The LORD when I lay my vengeance upon thee!"
Sorry, couldn't help it. Also reminds me of the brother's prayer in The Boondock Saints.

Keeping the war in Iraq a war on terror and not a war on Islam is not an easy task, especially when the other side is more than willing to assume it as such. Having radical televangalists preaching to "blow them all away" doesn't help much either. The farther we can keep this war from being religously motivated, the better.

posted on Nov, 11 2004 @ 04:02 PM
link   
dont insult the gospels and jesus christ because of a false prophet please.

false prophets are exactly that FALSE...by their FRUIT you know them.

just because someone gives the way a bad name doesnt mean THE WAY is a bad thing!

please be OBJECTIVE like everything else!

posted on Nov, 11 2004 @ 04:05 PM
link   
KAOSKTRL, hijacking threads, arent we?

Anyways, Jerry Falwell, thats one crazy dude. Makes you wonder just what Bible is he reading.
He is one of those people who think that they are chosen to bring about the apocalypse, that he plays a part in it or something. Gives him a feeling that he is somebody important

I always wondered, how many followers does he have actually? How many people listen to what he is saying?
I read once that it was more then one million, but I thought "no way that so many people follow him".

posted on Nov, 11 2004 @ 04:11 PM
link   
Of course its a modern day crusade. The purpose in the beginning was to take back the holy land.

Looks like we're at it again.

posted on Nov, 11 2004 @ 04:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by paperclip

I always wondered, how many followers does he have actually? How many people listen to what he is saying?
I read once that it was more then one million, but I thought "no way that so many people follow him".

I am afraid that you will find quite a large group that will always fall for false

prophets words in the name of the God in the bible.

posted on Nov, 11 2004 @ 04:15 PM
link   
Jerry Falwell is a terrorist.

He's using the exact cause and creed that the terrorist are trying to use against us. In the name of the lord, hold up Jerry...isnt that the same Lord that the terrorist are praying to everyday to destroy us?

Ok, heres the gameplan 'Lord', I'm from the Hamas, I want you to destory every american...whenever youre done just let me know and I'll stop beheading these innocent people...

Hello lord, it's Jarry Falwell again, whenever you get the chance be sure to destory all those damn terrorist all over the world, and be sure to appear in a tortilla somewhere in South America so I can have something to talk about for the next week.

So as you can see, the Lord is in between a rock and a hard place so to speak. What is there left to do? I know! Fed-ex a giant asteroid hurling straight towards the atlantic, overnight delivery.

posted on Nov, 11 2004 @ 04:16 PM
link   
Looks like Bush isn't the only one who thinks that god has told him it's right to continue the war in Iraq right now. It makes me sick knowing that people will support this war just because this guy says that people should support it, and that people use religion as a tool for their own agenda.

I think we should put Jerry right in the middle of Fallujah right now, and let him blow away the terrorists in the name of the lord.

Practice what you preach....

posted on Nov, 11 2004 @ 04:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Simulacra
Jerry Falwell is a terrorist.

He's using the exact cause and creed that the terrorist are trying to use against us. In the name of the lord, hold up Jerry...isnt that the same Lord that the terrorist are praying to everyday to destroy us?

I was going to say the exact same thing after reading this thread. The current administration is all about ridding the world of terrorists and those who fund them, yet we allow people like Faldwell to keep preaching his message. It really boggles the mind? If any other religious faction preaches killing and destruction we label them as "terrorists", but when a faction of Christianity preaches the same thing we do not label them as such. This is nearly proof positive that this is a war between Christianity/Islam...condoning the actions of one and completely ignoring the actions of the other. It's becoming slowly, but all too clearly, a war of religion...not terrorism!

PS- Why is it that those (like Faldwell) whom preach about killing the enemy never do so themselves? Sounds like big words from a small man, who is NOT willing to die himself for something he believes in...another typical case of hiding behind that all to familiar pulpit.

posted on Nov, 11 2004 @ 04:46 PM
link   
wot makes us think terrorists are wrong? what is right? are we judging jerry as in wrong? we are born into a world of conflict and disagreement. what is true and what is false is up to our mind to decide. god or no god, our mind is just born to be confused, lol

posted on Nov, 11 2004 @ 04:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jazzerman
PS- Why is it that those (like Faldwell) whom preach about killing the enemy never do so themselves? Sounds like big words from a small man, who is NOT willing to die himself for something he believes in...another typical case of hiding behind that all to familiar pulpit.

I would respect him more if he were willing to die. I mean to the point of buying a M4, one way ticket Iraq and a red bandanna.

posted on Nov, 12 2004 @ 08:51 AM
link   
Some conspiracy theorists seem to believe a modern day war of religions is about to take place.

christians, protistans & jews
(US, Britain, Israel)

vs

catholics, muslims & ?
(France, Vatican, Palestine)

The Pope commemorated Yasser Arafat, France had their best doctors trying to save his life, Canada has taken sides with France hence the currently difficulties trading with the US, US & Britain share a common war-mongering goal.

Apparently, they're all seeking to own/control the birth place of Jesus Christ, the most holiest land of lands on earth.

If you believe in the,
The Skolnick Reports

Or you can hear the direct testimonies of the Jesusland people.

The Almighty intervened in the U.S. election, these evangelicals believe, to allow Bush to remain president. They say God has �blessed� America with Bush--and had Sen. John Kerry been elected, God would have �cursed� the U.S. By allowing Bush to be re-elected, God has given America �more time� to stop its slide into evil.

www.beliefnet.com...

[edit on 12-11-2004 by syntaxer]

posted on Nov, 13 2004 @ 03:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by syntaxer
Some conspiracy theorists seem to believe a modern day war of religions is about to take place.

christians, protistans & jews
(US, Britain, Israel)

vs

catholics, muslims & ?
(France, Vatican, Palestine)

The Pope commemorated Yasser Arafat, France had their best doctors trying to save his life, Canada has taken sides with France hence the currently difficulties trading with the US, US & Britain share a common war-mongering goal.

Apparently, they're all seeking to own/control the birth place of Jesus Christ, the most holiest land of lands on earth.

If you believe in the,
The Skolnick Reports

Or you can hear the direct testimonies of the Jesusland people.

The Almighty intervened in the U.S. election, these evangelicals believe, to allow Bush to remain president. They say God has �blessed� America with Bush--and had Sen. John Kerry been elected, God would have �cursed� the U.S. By allowing Bush to be re-elected, God has given America �more time� to stop its slide into evil.

www.beliefnet.com...

[edit on 12-11-2004 by syntaxer]

On Earth, catholics are christians. Come visit, stay awhile.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join