It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I keep getting emails from Syria, Why so many scams, and how do I stop it ?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 16 2013 @ 03:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Knobby
reply to post by desertguy

Basically taking on the scammers at their own game. You should head over to 419eater to get a better picture.

What a great site I read some of the stuff and I think I'm going to try it. Here is the link to the site knobby is referring to.

419 eater

posted on Aug, 16 2013 @ 04:36 PM
link   

Most emails have a "report spam" function (Gmail does, so do others that I use.) If you start marking them as spam, they get dumped directly into your spam folder and you're never bothered with them again.

The originators are probably not from Syria.

(I also did some spam smacking back in the day. Takes a lot of your time, though... easier just to auto-gripe and move on.)

posted on Aug, 16 2013 @ 05:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Byrd

Most emails have a "report spam" function (Gmail does, so do others that I use.) If you start marking them as spam, they get dumped directly into your spam folder and you're never bothered with them again.

The originators are probably not from Syria.

(I also did some spam smacking back in the day. Takes a lot of your time, though... easier just to auto-gripe and move on.)

That is the first thing I usually do, but it doesn't matter I still keep on getting them from different senders.

posted on Aug, 16 2013 @ 07:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by desertguy

Basically taking on the scammers at their own game. You should head over to 419eater to get a better picture.

What a great site I read some of the stuff and I think I'm going to try it. Here is the link to the site knobby is referring to.

419 eater

Your OP has piqued my interest again.

After a couple of years out, I think I'm ready to join the game again.

Thanks

posted on Aug, 17 2013 @ 08:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by desertguy

419 eater

Your OP has piqued my interest again.

After a couple of years out, I think I'm ready to join the game again.

Thanks

I just got a fresh email today, think I will play with them..

top topics

<< 1   >>

join