It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CIA acknowledges Area 51 in declassified documents

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 16 2013 @ 08:10 AM
link   

CIA acknowledges Area 51 in declassified documents

www.usatoday.com

New document shows the CIA is becoming less secretive about Area 51's existence.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.foxnews.com
abcnews.go.com

posted on Aug, 16 2013 @ 08:10 AM
link   
This is certainly progress of some sort. Considering that now the CIA acknowledged the existence of Area51. it is imperative that they will soon disclose what is happening at this base in another 5-10 years.

Those who have all claimed existence of this base the the military officially denying any such base are now vindicated.

The wording Area51 is important rather than say Groom Lake or some other name as Area51 signifies a lot many things than just a base for testing conventional military aircraft's.

www.usatoday.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 16 2013 @ 08:18 AM
link   
reply to post by 0pass

Which also means that now all those health damage lawsuits from people that worked there and became sick through undisclosed chemicals and practices that were halted and thrown out because the judge said 'area 51 did not exist' can now go ahead.

And perhaps finally, the US government will do it's duty to the citizens that did become ill, and disclose exactly what they were exposed to, to help doctors treat them effectively at last.

Apart from the fact, that the entire world has known for the last 30 or 40 years that there is a US base there...admitting it now, is pretty unimpressive.

posted on Aug, 16 2013 @ 08:21 AM
link   
reply to post by 0pass

The ramifications of a few small words are huge. I wonder if the military will follow suit?
edit on 16-8-2013 by EA006 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2013 @ 08:23 AM
link   
they do say it was used for experimental aircraft, yet they don't say where the ideas to use on those aircraft came from.
We're all still wondering if there are UFOs there no matter what they say and we always will

posted on Aug, 16 2013 @ 08:32 AM
link   
reply to post by 0pass

I've read they've moved most of their stuff to other various bases around the US, such as the Green River Complex in Utah. More than likely underground.

I don't blame them either, with all the attention Area 51 gets. Keep the guards there to guard absolutely nothing in order to keep people distracted. Seems logical to me.

However, the base still gets 'JANET' flights from Vegas so it's really anybody's guess....as usual

edit on 16-8-2013 by iamhobo because:

posted on Aug, 16 2013 @ 08:38 AM
link   
reply to post by 0pass

Given that there is no way to prove if ANY claim about any activity at Area 51 is accurate, since all material about the place and what happens there has been classified for a long time, its pretty much ridiculous to say that the use of the wording "Area 51" is in any way more significant than using the term Groom Lake. They are the same damned thing, and everyone knows it, because aside from all the classification that has been placed on matters pertaining to the site , the place and its existence is the worst kept secret in military history.

And of course, we know what you mean by significant. You are, I have to assume, hoping that this declassification will include, or be the wayfarer for, some sort of disclosure about some of the more interesting claims made about the site and activities which are alleged to have played out there. Well, you arent alone there, but until something truely probative is revealed, best to keep ones pants on the right way round, just for a little longer eh?

posted on Aug, 16 2013 @ 09:42 AM
link   
reply to post by 0pass

Already posted, got posted this morning by myself.

So it is true : CIA acknowledges area 51 in new desclassified documents

Also,

The search function....... its useful ATS SEARCH FUNCTION

posted on Aug, 16 2013 @ 10:06 AM
link   
i remember not too long ago, if you said the U.S. Gov was spying on all your e-mails, phone calls and had a place called area 51 in Nevada testing who-knows-what...you were labeled a conspiracy theorist..

My my how times have changed!!!!!

posted on Aug, 16 2013 @ 10:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by The0nlytruth
reply to post by 0pass

Already posted, got posted this morning by myself.

So it is true : CIA acknowledges area 51 in new desclassified documents

Also,

The search function....... its useful ATS SEARCH FUNCTION

yes it is lol posted yesterday

so did you use it?
CNN: Area 51 Officially Acknowledged, Mapped in Newly Released Documents
edit on 16-8-2013 by goou111 because: (no reason given)

edit on 16-8-2013 by goou111 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2013 @ 11:43 AM
link   
You know what funny, in the early 2000's before Keyhole was bought by Google and turned into Google Earth, Area 51 was perfectly visible in pretty decent resolution. You could see individual buildings, hangars, the air strip and a lot of other structures. At some point they blurred it out on the maps. Cant really find it on maps anymore though.

ok I found it again, it is still there. Go north of indian springs it is nestled in between papoose mountain and bald mountain next to the dry lake bed (groom lake?)
edit on 8/16/2013 by DYepes because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2013 @ 12:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by DYepes
You know what funny, in the early 2000's before Keyhole was bought by Google and turned into Google Earth, Area 51 was perfectly visible in pretty decent resolution. You could see individual buildings, hangars, the air strip and a lot of other structures. At some point they blurred it out on the maps. Cant really find it on maps anymore though.

ok I found it again, it is still there. Go north of indian springs it is nestled in between papoose mountain and bald mountain next to the dry lake bed (groom lake?)
edit on 8/16/2013 by DYepes because: (no reason given)

Seeing as though the higher resolution pictures are taken by low flying aircraft, that would indicate they okayed a flyover at some point. Which would in turn say they have nothing to hide or the pictures are manipulated. Food for thought.

posted on Aug, 16 2013 @ 12:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by dominicus
i remember not too long ago, if you said the U.S. Gov was spying on all your e-mails, phone calls and had a place called area 51 in Nevada testing who-knows-what...you were labeled a conspiracy theorist..

My my how times have changed!!!!!

Nah uh, we are still labeled conspiracy theorists. Isn't it funny how that works?

posted on Aug, 16 2013 @ 04:24 PM
link   
reply to post by 0pass

No wonder this country is in such piss poor shape. Hell, Google Earth knew about it years ago.

I mean seriously. The CIA just 'Acknowledged' something everybody and their brother has already known about for years is... is.... just sad

posted on Aug, 16 2013 @ 04:32 PM
link   
Duplicate thread closed.

top topics

join