It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hezbollah hits Israeli convoy in Lebanon

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 16 2013 @ 06:08 AM
link   
Didnt see this make any news headlines, hell there might be a thread already..

but apparently Hezbollah are claiming a hit against an Israeli convoy that entered Lebanon, using a new type of IED.

Hezbollah Secretary General Sayyed Hasan Nasrallah revealed Wednesday that the two explosive devices which were detonated against the
Zionist military force invading Lebanon in the Labbouneh southern town of Lebanon were of "deliberate operation."
"The two bombed IEDs were new. They were not landmines of the Israeli army remains. The first has been exploded against the Special Israeli force. When the
second force intervened, the second IED has been exploded," Sayyed Nasrallah said.
"The second force has been fell and hit directly," he stressed, noting that "the Israeli tried to undermine the incident, as well as some Lebanese. The story
says that two Israeli divisions entered the Lebanese territory of Labbouneh. This area is in particular under the surveillance of the Resistance fighters and we
had previous information stating that the Israelis will pass through it. Therefore, we planted IEDs and exploded them once they (the Zionist soldiers) came."

iraq-war.ru...

Israeli media (Washington Post)

BEIRUT — Hezbollah said Wednesday that it planted explosives that hit an Israeli convoy last week and injured four soldiers. It was the Lebanese Shiite movement’s first claim of an operation against its southern neighbor since its 2006 war with Israel.

Hezbollah leader Hasan Nasrallah told Al Mayadeen television that the bombing took place inside Lebanese territory after an incursion by two Israeli military vehicles. Israel has confirmed that four soldiers were injured in a blast last week, but it has not commented on the accusations that its soldiers had crossed the border.

www.washingtonpost.com...

doesn't seem to tell the real picture, considering this is the first time Israel has been hit like this since 2006.. and we remember what that hit kicked off..

edit on 16-8-2013 by Agit8dChop because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2013 @ 06:16 AM
link   
Well, if they want to go messing around outside their own borders, then tough luck when stuff like this happens!

If a single individual from the other side stepped over into Israeli territory, they'd be claiming victimhood and carpet bombing Beirut by now in defence!

posted on Aug, 16 2013 @ 07:19 AM
link   
My first question is why would Israel send a convoy into Lebanese territory?

I will answer my own question and guess that perhaps that they were hoping that something like this would happen as they have been hinting towards another war with Hezbollah in Lebanon for quite a while now. This works in their favor as the media and those who believe it will consider this a Lebanese attack on Israel.

And we can't forget all the White Phosphorus, and cluster bombs they need to unload. In fact, people are still dying in Lebanon from Israeli cluster bombs from the last "war".

From August 10th:

18-ye ar-old Lebanese killed by Israeli cluster bomb

An 18-year-old was killed Saturday when an Israeli cluster bomb exploded in Hasbaya, south Lebanon.

Hisham Abdel-Al, a young shepherd, was working on a farm in the Hallat village when he stepped on a cluster bomb, dying instantly.

Israel dropped some 4 million cluster bombs in Lebanon during the July-August 2006 war, most during the last 48 hours of the conflict, according to the United Nations.

Hundreds have been wounded in cluster-bomb related incidents since 2000 and 2006.

The Army’s Lebanon Mine Action Center along with the U.N. and other international organizations have been working since 2006 to remove the deadly ordinance from the south.

Seven years later and civilians are still getting killed by these things.

Let's hope things are different this time around and they can diplomatically settle this.

posted on Aug, 16 2013 @ 07:44 AM
link   
You mean that jews are Evil ?

You are antisemitic, sir.-sarcasm

Typical Zionism :

Jews are selected people , but they do some little evil things like using phosphorus bomb in Gaza. They are peaceful people and that is why they have atomic bombs. They are true owners of Palestine and that is why Palestinians surrendered their lands to them. They are true owners of Palestine no matter how many Palestinian Jews had decided to convert to Islam They can be good neighbors and that is why they threaten and bomb neighbor countries. They have always been victim during the history. They believe in Yahweh and that is why they are showing him in their symbolism. They are helping other human beings to get to god and that is why they run Hollywood and Illuminati. They care if others are asking to get near to god and that is why they allow others to be Jew.

And that is why I ❤ them.

posted on Aug, 16 2013 @ 07:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Corruption Exposed

My first question is why would Israel send a convoy into Lebanese territory?

I will answer my own question and guess that perhaps that they were hoping that something like this would happen as they have been hinting towards another war with Hezbollah in Lebanon for quite a while now. This works in their favor as the media and those who believe it will consider this a Lebanese attack on Israel.

Yes and that is why they have bombed Syria several times to get Syria in war and play victim and get international community once again.

posted on Aug, 16 2013 @ 07:52 AM
link   
reply to post by mideast

You're confusing Jews with Zionists who happen to also be Jewish.

There are plenty of Jewish people around the planet, including inside of Israel itself that work hard to oppose Israeli Zionism.

On Lebanon defending itself against Zionist incursions...that is their legal and justifiable right, as it would be if Mexico or Canada decided to move convoys of tanks and APCs through the Southern and Northern USA.

If they trespass, they should expect to be slapped.
edit on 16-8-2013 by MysterX because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2013 @ 07:57 AM
link   

Good morning CE, with regards to your comment;

I would agree. However, if this scenario was the case, would we not expect to find this story plastered on various news outlets condemning this attach as unwarranted blah blah blah?

I was only able to find a very select few corroborating reports on this story, which seems counter to what you have proposed.

posted on Aug, 16 2013 @ 08:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Britguy

Yes really good news this, Israel deserves a big attack for blowing Russian gear up in Syria the last few months, hope they get lot more like it, well done Israels foes.

posted on Aug, 16 2013 @ 08:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by MDDoxs

Good morning CE, with regards to your comment;

I would agree. However, if this scenario was the case, would we not expect to find this story plastered on various news outlets condemning this attach as unwarranted blah blah blah?

I was only able to find a very select few corroborating reports on this story, which seems counter to what you have proposed.

Good morning MDDoxs,

Well, we must not see eye to eye on this one, it did make the Washington Post...and if you search the title of this thread you will find many MSM outlets who are covering this incident, including Israeli organizations, and none of the articles are praising the attacks, condemnation is the theme that the articles present in my opinion.

To add, I do not see any of these MSM outlets criticizing Israel for illegally entering Lebanon. All I can see is Israel being portrayed as the innocent victim in this incident.

I am confident that my theory is plausible.

The stories that I have come across do actually seem to collaborate what I have proposed. Regardless of what the media is telling us, we must think about how the Israeli government operates. I believe that once the smoke clears we will be hearing about surgical Israeli drone strikes in Lebanon targeting alleged Hezbollah targets which will then escalate into a back and forth conflict that may or may not become a full fledged war between these two factions.

As I said, I hope this does not escalate, but to look put this into a logical perspective Israel will most likely not let this slide regardles of which side was in the "wrong".

ETA:

Would you be so kind to provide some of those stories you came across that counter what I proposed, and what portion of these articles actually make the counter points?

I only ask because I have not come across what you have mentioned.
edit on 8/16/2013 by Corruption Exposed because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2013 @ 08:43 AM
link   

Thanks for the reply CE.

Don't misunderstand. I share your sentiments with regards to this, but for some reason I am thinking that if indeed this was part of some predetermined PR campaign, why I was not seeing this being splashed across ever headline of most news outlets I regularly check.

However, as time has moved forward since my original post and as you have noted, I am seeing an increase in news traffic regarding this.

Would you be so kind to provide some of those stories you came across that counter what I proposed, and what portion of these articles actually make the counter points?

I must have used poor phrasing. I was suggesting that the lack of news (at the time of post) could be an indication that the situation was counter to the position we were discussing, not that I had seen information refuting your claim. Apologies.

I to hope this does not escalate, but I believe you might be right that this could be exactly the pretext needed for something much grander.
edit on 16-8-2013 by MDDoxs because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2013 @ 08:52 AM
link   
reply to post by MDDoxs

Thank you for clarifying your point of view

I may have over exaggerated my opinion/theory about the possible intent of this Israeli trespass into Lebanon as it was based on my opinion and did not mean to present my theory as fact. If it came across like that then please accept my apologies.

No worries about the possible misunderstanding due to phrasing that was used, as I am guilty of the same in my original post.

I have several other theories as well but they are a bit too far off into the "conspiracy realm" to present unless I come up with more evidence to support these scenarios running through my brain.

What I can say, is that I believe this may or may not be related to the Syrian unrest that has spread into Lebanon. I cannot prove this but I believe it is something worth keeping an eye on.

posted on Aug, 16 2013 @ 08:57 AM
link   

I have a sense, as I am sure many others will have too, that the middle east has become embroiled in something much grander than what we are seeing. I think this is akin to what you have suggested.

There is historical precedence in the area that issues tend to be interconnected and far more complex then what it appears to be on the surface.

However, it seems like the usual players are once again on the field

top topics

join