It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Scanning Finger Prints at Busch Gardens, Virginia

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 16 2013 @ 08:41 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

S & F. Both the Rat and the Clydesdale can put their scanners up a narrow dark place as far as I'm concerned. Off my list to re-visit now.

posted on Aug, 16 2013 @ 08:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by stars15k
I don't really see a problem. It is most likely a low resolution image in a closed system.

'Most likely' .... that isn't exactly a promise of confidentiality.
And there is no need for finger prints to be taken. None.
The world got by going to amusement parks without finger prints being taken for decades.
There is no reason to be taking them now.

posted on Aug, 16 2013 @ 08:52 AM
link   
*Looks like HomerinNC beat me to it!*

My family and I just went to Sea World last month. The scanning is for people who have season passes or buy the ticket that allows you to return the rest of the year.

The print is supposedly for making sure you are the person that actually purchased said pass or ticket, quicker entry into the park and/or if you lose your ticket/pass. So only people with those tickets would be asked to do it. That may be why it appeared random.

When it was my turn I told them my family didn't want to be scanned. The employee said it was fine but I would have to bring my ID if I returned to prove that the ticket belonged to me.

What they do with that stored information is anyones guess.....
edit on 16-8-2013 by TorqueyThePig because: (no reason given)

edit on 16-8-2013 by TorqueyThePig because: spelling

posted on Aug, 16 2013 @ 08:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by AthlonSavage
Eye Retina scanning wont be long off.

How about facial recognition photography of everyone in the park??

Disney Biometrics and the Department of Defense

The Department of Defense (DOD) has been interested in Disney Amusement Parks for decades. Known as Operation Mickey Mouse, the DOD has been studying Disney’s use of technology and coercion techniques. The DOD has also been working in conjunction with Disney to collect information on Beta testing operations that the popular theme park uses on their customers. Best of all, who would ever suspect Disney of being a front for the US government? ...

Facial recognition technology is a part of Disney’s new cruise liners. Moving Art lines the walls of the ship to entertain the passengers. This pictures move in response to the passenger’s facial movements, ensuring that the same sequence will not play twice. Although this may entertain, the passenger’s facial movements are being recorded by the computers within the pictures at all times ...

posted on Aug, 16 2013 @ 08:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by HomerinNC
If you have the season pass, they scan your fingerprint to make sure the person entering is the actual card holder, and not someone else.
Example: say FlyersFan and I are friends, she wants to go to the park. I have a 2 year, 2 park pass. She gives me $50.00 so she can use my pass and not pay the 70.00 for the day pass. She goes to enter, but because our prints don't match, she's denied entry. It's a security mechanism. EVERYONE that has a seasonal pass gets scanned
That's from a friend of mine that works at the park

edit on 8/16/2013 by HomerinNC because: (no reason given)

Why not have a photo ID then, that would stop this scam as well being less intrusive. Also, TBH what is $20? I don't think the park would go bust because of this. Greed and unethical practices do not sound like a nice day out to me.
It seems that some people here think that anything goes at all times if profit is involved. Most people don't cheat, the rest is collateral damage which is covered in insurances and so on.

There is a real danger that giving your unique data willy nilly to anyone who wants it could very well lead to you getting into trouble. Because once it is out there the chance exist that it can be misused.
If only you have access to your unique info, then YOU can use it in the future if need arises without question. Never give DNA or fingreprints, just as you don't give your bank account number to any guy who works at Disney.

posted on Aug, 16 2013 @ 09:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Hecate666

Look, if you dont want your print scanned, just dont go.
I dont care, my son loves the park so I have no problem taking him

posted on Aug, 16 2013 @ 10:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Biigs

When did my face stop being enough to identify me?

posted on Aug, 16 2013 @ 03:59 PM
link   

I used to get a season pass to Busch Gardens every year. I agree that $70 for a one day pass is too much, but a season pass is a good deal, considering it will get you in the park for a year, plus discounts on merchandise and some other perks. I always thought the landscaping was pretty good, but I always went for the rides, concerts, shows, special events, etc. Hallowscream and Christmastown are worthwhile. I was there the year the park first opened, and it's been like a yearly tradition to get together with some friends and go.

I never thought much of the fingerprint scanners. It made sense, because otherwise I could just loan my pass to a friend or relative and they would get in free. Or, if a group of us were going, and someone couldn't go, we could get someone else in using their pass. Of course, my friends and I never did that before they had the fingerprint scanners.

Besides, they already have my name, address, and credit card number where I bought the pass. What are they going to do with my index finger print? Plant it on a murder weapon?

posted on Aug, 16 2013 @ 04:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by stars15k
I don't really see a problem. It is most likely a low resolution image in a closed system.

Take a breath! If you didn't know what type of tickets the others held, and didn't think to ask at the time, why worry about it now?

The alternatives are also something you don't want. Have you ever had your name stolen? I did. Someone was using my name and employment history to get pay day loans. HE, which is important because my real given name is STAR which is considered by pretty much the rest of the population to be feminine, did not have any ID with that name on it, but was able to produce enough information to get money. He didn't have my SS number either, just my name. I found out only because I was asked 5 times in the space of 2 hours to verify my employment....which meant I was at work, and not standing there waiting for money. It took several months, lots of threatening phone calls from people who did not verify the ID and loaned money to someone else, and an investigation by the Postmaster General's office to get the matter cleared up. Had someone taken a fingerprint for comparison, this would not have happened at all.

You of all people SHOULD be even more worried. Do you think someone can't steal a fingerprint? Just wait til they do then your out of luck.

posted on Aug, 16 2013 @ 08:50 PM
link   

Yeah...but ask someone to show a photo ID before voting and holy hell breaks out!!!

posted on Aug, 17 2013 @ 12:39 AM
link   
Nothing really sinister here. The thumbprints scanners are there to verify season pass holders. Photo ID passes were too easy to share/counterfeit, etc. thumbprint identification is used to reduce the risk of people from using passes that don't belong to them. Their thumbprints are already in the system, having been given to them when the person purchased their pass.
edit on 17-8-2013 by LucidFusion because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2013 @ 12:53 AM
link   
reply to post by LucidFusion

Exactly!
I have a friend that works at the park and that's what she says its used for, people would buy the season pass, not pay, then buy another one, and rack a large debt with the parks, as you have the option to pay about $10.00 a month for the year, so when your print is flagged, you either pay what you owe or you don't get in

posted on Feb, 15 2016 @ 03:51 PM
link   
a reply to: HomerinNC

I wish I saw your reply before I signed up for the website LOL. I was tired of reading everyone freaking out about the scanner. And I was told it was also a bone density scanner too. And it is used to make sure that the people using the park pass are who they actually are. I found this thread because I am doing a paper on should airports require their employees to use one in order to get into a secure area.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join