It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

MSNBC Blames Boston Bombing on “Deeply Racist” Alex Jones

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 16 2013 @ 11:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Schillinger

I backed away from AJ a long time ago because I saw through what he was doing, but not once would I ever call him a racist, I've never seen anything that would suggest he is.

posted on Aug, 16 2013 @ 11:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Taissa

Just finished watching the BBC documentary and honestly, a part of me thinks that the primary reason why they are doing this is to basically drum up a rationale for the surveillance programs. The entire program bounced between conspiracy theory and Islamist extremist to basically pose the question and have an ending slant that Tamerlan was less an actual Islamist terrorist and more simply an angry young man basically sponging up ideas and "homegrown". Also there was heavy end bit on Dhokar, emphasizing how much of a shocker his involvement was because the act was so contrary to his person.

Overall theme? Anybody could potentially be a terrorist depending on what views they adopt, which is technically true as we are all basically a hodgepodge of ideas. However, I'm guessing that the reason why this is getting dredged up now is to create validation for the surveillance programs as the program basically asks, "how far are we going to go to stop this?". That kind of open ended question is pretty creepy to me but I sincerely doubt that they are going to round up every single person who visits or participates on a CT website. Target for surveillance though? Possibly or probably.

Anyways, watch the BBC doc I linked above. Funnily enough, it doesn't mention AJ at all.

posted on Aug, 16 2013 @ 12:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by aoxomoxoa
This is not at all surprising. Many acts of domestic terrorism have been carried out by people that frequent Infowars. The blog articles Infowars posts are full of paranoid, anti-government, anti-semitic rhetoric. Just read the forum posts: there are countless calls for armed terrorist acts, murder of public officials, and insanely racist rants.

The only conspiracy here is the one being carried out by AJ and his cronies
edit on 16-8-2013 by aoxomoxoa because: (no reason given)

By your assertion, I must be a raging alcoholic because I buy my liquor from the same establishment as those who abuse spirits. You're grasping at straws, aoxomoxoa, and your recent membership and lack of sources scream shill. Prove me wrong. Try harder.

posted on Aug, 16 2013 @ 12:04 PM
link   

well ain't this something they so damn afraid to label them radical muslims they will call them white supremasist.
msn sound stick to something they are good at like informing th world when a e.l.e. comet is in bound. hello these boys were inspired not by alex jones but by radical clerics

posted on Aug, 16 2013 @ 12:22 PM
link   
big surprise

i doubt this will have any effect on the man.

posted on Aug, 16 2013 @ 12:36 PM
link   
A racist News guy Alex Jones Inspired two Muslim White Supremacists to bomb Boston.

There isn't a single piece of truth there outside two Muslims MAY have bombed Boston.

I'm not even convinced they are Muslims as crazy as that sounds, let alone they actually did it under there own power with no outside help and that is if it was even them.

posted on Aug, 16 2013 @ 12:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Taggart
A racist News guy Alex Jones Inspired two Muslim White Supremacists to bomb Boston.

You forgot to add something...

A racist news guy Alex Jones, a Christian who is married to a Jew, inspired two Muslim white supremacists to bomb Boston.

Makes total sense, MSNBC.

It's sickening that people will buy this garbage.

posted on Aug, 16 2013 @ 01:02 PM
link   
The media is Out_of_Control!! How people still cannot see this is beyond me. I love how she starts talking about an Alabama newspaper that "espouses equal rights for whites". Omg dem damn whites! There is something seriously wrong here folks.

posted on Aug, 16 2013 @ 01:08 PM
link   
The way the main stream media has attacked AJ should tell you that the guy is pretty spot on with his information. When the media straight up lies and makes stuff up about you, you know you are a threat to their propaganda. I have to give props for the way the globalists operate though, they know the mental weaknesses of most humans and play them like fiddles. If they weren't evil, I'd actually have respect for their operation. It's hard to really disagree with them though, if the masses want to act like cattle, then they deserve to be treated like cattle, and that exactly what we're going to get.

posted on Aug, 16 2013 @ 01:29 PM
link   

Can you give me a transcript of what was actually said?

No doubt they are capable of stupidity...but can we get a transcript excerpt?

posted on Aug, 16 2013 @ 02:22 PM
link   
AJ can be a little hard to listen to sometimes but the only bombing he's ever been involved with is the verbal carpet bombing he does to the MSM and others he disagree with.

Hope he sues MSNBC until it bleeds.

posted on Aug, 16 2013 @ 02:38 PM
link   
As I said, I don't at all agree that Alex Jones was responsible for this. Having said that, he doesn't really help his case when he screams like a lunatic. I understand some will call him "passionate", but there are better ways to speak your mind.

posted on Aug, 16 2013 @ 02:52 PM
link   
Embarrassing thread. No where do they say that Alex Jones was responsible for the Boston Bombing. They in fact say the brothers "may have been influenced by" which I believe is a proven fact. At no point do they make a case that Jones was responsible for the Bombings. The fact that there may have been a race factor in this is almost without dispute. Did anyone bother to actually watch the clip presented? For god sakes Micheal Steele was the head of the Republican Party for years. It is a shame that people have reacted this way in this thread. Without a doubt there has been a rise of racist type groups in the US since the election of Barack Obama. Was the older brother somewhat influenced by Jones or the racist Alabama newspaper? That again is without dispute. Did MSNBC say anything along the lines of "Jones was responsible for the Bombing".., NO they didn't.

Wow. Just Wow. Make your thread a little more sensationalist next time ok? Try to base it less on what is actually said as well.

This is embarassing. MSNBC is no worse than the crap they sell you on Fox News just in a 180 degree different fashion. You are making serious allegations that are totally not supported by the video you linked. The fact this thread has 32 flags is just totally without any merit. Yes I watched the entire video and at no point do they say anything other then the brothers may have been influenced by Jones. That was known since the day they knew these brothers identity.

There is a HUGE difference between being responsible for and maybe influencing in case you do not or unable to process the wording. Obviously you just wanted to be melodramatic about this. The fact is your thread is not even close to being based on reality.

Sensationalist

sen·sa·tion·al·ism noun -shnə-ˌli-zəm, -shə-nə-ˌli-zəm
: empiricism that limits experience as a source of knowledge to sensation or sense perceptions
: the use or effect of sensational subject matter or treatment
— sen·sa·tion·al·ist -list adjective or noun
— sen·sa·tion·al·is·tic -ˌsā-shnə-ˈlis-tik, -shə-nə-ˈlis-tik adjective

arousing a strong and usually superficial interest or emotional reaction
Synonyms catchpenny, gee-whiz, lurid, screaming, sensationalist, sensationalistic
Related Words catchy; colorful, juicy, racy, suggestive; dramatic, histrionic, melodramatic, theatrical (also theatric); coarse, vulgar; gory, shocking
Near Antonyms innocuous, inoffensive, tame; dignified, formal, proper, restrained
Antonyms nonsensational

www.merriam-webster.com...

edit on 16-8-2013 by GArnold because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2013 @ 03:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by GArnold
They in fact say the brothers "may have been influenced by" which I believe is a proven fact.

Proven fact? By who?

Feel free to post sources. Sources not called MSNBC, that is.

posted on Aug, 16 2013 @ 03:03 PM
link   
As far as Alex being a crazy man, and that discredits him I like to look at it this way. Its if you prefer "The Ghost of Tom Joad" by Bruce Springsteen or Rage Against the Machine. The message is still the same in both versions, its just how loud and in your face you prefer it.

As for the topic in the OP....

That's rich........

posted on Aug, 16 2013 @ 03:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Schillinger

MSNBC engaged in one of the most egregious and defamatory hit pieces in its entire history earlier today when host Alex Wagner and guests all but blamed Alex Jones for the Boston bombings, claiming with no evidence that the Tsarnaev brothers were inspired to carry out the attack by the “deeply racist” Jones and his website.

MSNBC Blames Boston Bombing on “Deeply Racist” Alex Jones

I did a quick search and couldn't see a thread, so I'm posting this. I've listened to Alex Jones and I've never heard him once mention a single thing that could even be considered racist (he actually went out to protest the KKK). To call the man racist is not only a lie, but the opposite of the truth.

I know some people don't like Alex Jones, but your opinion of the man shouldn't matter here. Just because you don't agree with or like what someone has to say, doesn't mean they should be silenced or have their character ruined with blatant lies. The second we as a society pick and choose where and when FREE SPEECH can take place, is the moment we lose it entirely.

The Boston Bombing had absolutely nothing to do with Libertarians, Republicans, Conservatives or Alex Jones. For MSNBC to spin this is by the very definition of the word pure propaganda. Not only that, but I wouldn't be surprised if Jones decides to sue them for defamation (his words, not mine). With absolutely no proof, this host gets on air and makes a connection that simply doesn't exist. And we as a society should demand more responsible reporting, Alex Jones or not.

the boston bombings were faked and mark pot-ok is a computer generated entity
whose looks are based on special effects whiz, George lucas.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

also look at the size of tsarnaev's (who never existed) neck at 0.43secs.

his head looks pasted on to the tiny shoulders here.

this is all becoming so hilarious, and there is much more to come. so stay tuned.
edit on 16-8-2013 by TopsyTurvyOne because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2013 @ 03:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by wondermost
The message is still the same in both versions, its just how loud and in your face you prefer it.

You're right, the message is still the same. But when you're trying to convince people who have been hooked on the mainstream media drug their whole life, is screaming at them really going to change their opinion? It's human nature to entrench ourselves in our opinions no matter what, because the brain does not like to be wrong. Especially on a heated topic like politics. So to further add to that by yelling really defeats the purpose.

posted on Aug, 16 2013 @ 03:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by DivisiveConformity

Originally posted by GArnold
They in fact say the brothers "may have been influenced by" which I believe is a proven fact.

Proven fact? By who?

Feel free to post sources. Sources not called MSNBC, that is.

It was reported in The Boston Globe, New York Times, Time Magazine, Newsweek, Washington Post, CBS News, 60 Minutes, Indianapolis Star, ABC news, CNN etc.. He watched Alex Jones and read Infowars. He may have been influenced by Jones. So what? It still does not make Jones responsible for the bombing as thread alleges. The fact that they never say that in the video seems not to matter to anyone. It is really disturbing and dangerous that this allegation was even made by the OP.

This site motto is "Deny Ignorance" not encourage widely off base accusations that have no basis in reality. I could care less if you do not like msnbc... That is not what this is about. The OP says msnbc says Jones is responsible for the bombing which is categorically untrue and further more not backed up in the video.

I just typed in "Boston bombers influenced by Alex Jones" in Google and got thousands of entries. Take your pick.

www.google.com...

From Salon

In a bizarre twist befitting a Hollywood conspiracy theory movie, the AP reports today that Boston Marathon bombing suspect Tamerlan Tsarnaev was influenced by conspiracy theories, including Alex Jones’ website Infowars, which has been pushing a narrative that the Tsarnaev brothers were patsies set up by a government cabal to take the fall for the bombing. Tamerlan “took an interest in Infowars,” according to Elmirza Khozhugov, the ex-husband of Tamerlan’s sister. He was also apparently interested in anti-Semitic conspiracy theories and was trying to find a copy of “The Protocols of the Learned Elders of Zion,” one of the most notorious conspiracy tomes of history.

www.salon.com...

From Digital Journal discussing a BBC documentary on the Bombings.

Tamerlan and his brother, 19-year-old Dhokhar, are suspected of detonating the homemade bombs at the Boston Marathon on April15, killing three people and injuring over 260. In the aftermath, it was widely perceived that the brothers were self-styled radical jihadists, motivated by their religious views. But a BBC Panorama reporter, who spent months speaking to friends of the brothers to try to understand the roots of their radicalization, challenges that perception. The Panorama program, The Brothers who Bombed Boston, discovered that Tamerlan Tsarnaev, 26, who was shot dead by police in a manhunt after the attacks, read literature about “the rape of our gun rights,” as well as articles that claimed 9/11 and the 1995 Oklahoma bombing were US-led conspiracies, The BBC reported late Sunday. This isn't' the first time the suspected bomber has been connected to right-wing influences. In April, the Associated Press reported that Tamerlan took an interest in Conservative talk- show host Alex Jones' site Infowars.

m.digitaljournal.com...

posted on Aug, 16 2013 @ 03:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by snarky412

Why some people can't accept the fact that there are evil doers in this country that would like to cause harm because they simply don't like Americans has nothing to do with Alex Jones.
All they are trying to do is pass the responsibility off to some one else, which is ridiculous.

The only ones to blame here is the whole Tsarnaev family.

No wonder why MSNBC is #33 in ratings.

"duck dynasty" got 13 million people to watch it............FOX news averages 233 thousand an hour over the course of a day, while MSNBC averages 120 thousand an hour over the course of a day
www.mediabistro.com...

13 million for duck dynasty,.......let's not get too hung up on ratings

posted on Aug, 16 2013 @ 03:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by DivisiveConformity

Originally posted by wondermost
The message is still the same in both versions, its just how loud and in your face you prefer it.

You're right, the message is still the same. But when you're trying to convince people who have been hooked on the mainstream media drug their whole life, is screaming at them really going to change their opinion? It's human nature to entrench ourselves in our opinions no matter what, because the brain does not like to be wrong. Especially on a heated topic like politics. So to further add to that by yelling really defeats the purpose.

Again, it just depends on how you prefer it! I started listening to Alex at the age of 22 because I liked and preferred the fire in his voice, and the way he seemed like it really did matter deeply to him as opposed to just another talking head droning on about topics that they seemingly could have been talking about a stick of melted butter or the way the towers fell at free fall speed.

Some people would rather not be screamed at. I get it, and I don't argue that his style is definitely controversial. His style is not for everybody, and I'm sure deep down he knows you can't win em all.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join