It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

MSNBC Blames Boston Bombing on “Deeply Racist” Alex Jones

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+23 more 
posted on Aug, 16 2013 @ 12:29 AM
link   

MSNBC engaged in one of the most egregious and defamatory hit pieces in its entire history earlier today when host Alex Wagner and guests all but blamed Alex Jones for the Boston bombings, claiming with no evidence that the Tsarnaev brothers were inspired to carry out the attack by the “deeply racist” Jones and his website.

MSNBC Blames Boston Bombing on “Deeply Racist” Alex Jones

I did a quick search and couldn't see a thread, so I'm posting this. I've listened to Alex Jones and I've never heard him once mention a single thing that could even be considered racist (he actually went out to protest the KKK). To call the man racist is not only a lie, but the opposite of the truth.

I know some people don't like Alex Jones, but your opinion of the man shouldn't matter here. Just because you don't agree with or like what someone has to say, doesn't mean they should be silenced or have their character ruined with blatant lies. The second we as a society pick and choose where and when FREE SPEECH can take place, is the moment we lose it entirely.

The Boston Bombing had absolutely nothing to do with Libertarians, Republicans, Conservatives or Alex Jones. For MSNBC to spin this is by the very definition of the word pure propaganda. Not only that, but I wouldn't be surprised if Jones decides to sue them for defamation (his words, not mine). With absolutely no proof, this host gets on air and makes a connection that simply doesn't exist. And we as a society should demand more responsible reporting, Alex Jones or not.

+1 more 
posted on Aug, 16 2013 @ 12:36 AM
link   
If the trial has just started...................
and the defendant has plead "not guilty"......
Shouldn't the Main Stream Media........
wait until he is found guilty................
...........before.......................
they speculate on who inspired him?

/just saying

Mike

+21 more 
posted on Aug, 16 2013 @ 12:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Schillinger

S&F

I also agree. You dont have to like or dislike Alex Jones to know MSNBC is a front for Hard Left-leaning Liberals and Obamas Administration.

Surprised they didn't blame Zimmerman.

posted on Aug, 16 2013 @ 12:54 AM
link   
well ummm uhhhh

I'm speechless.

This certainly has me stumped.

I played the video a second time to take notes.

I never knew any of this.

The radical ultra Left Wing is now L
Nyer than ever

I think they need some new script writers at MSNBC.

+2 more 
posted on Aug, 16 2013 @ 12:54 AM
link   

Why some people can't accept the fact that there are evil doers in this country that would like to cause harm because they simply don't like Americans has nothing to do with Alex Jones.
All they are trying to do is pass the responsibility off to some one else, which is ridiculous.

The only ones to blame here is the whole Tsarnaev family.

No wonder why MSNBC is #33 in ratings.

posted on Aug, 16 2013 @ 12:58 AM
link   
MSNBC calls all media outlets racist. They always attempts to stir up some controversy.

I like Alex Jones. He's such a raving comedian but that's just me though.

posted on Aug, 16 2013 @ 01:01 AM
link   

Equating Obama, Less Whites, Alex Jones, and White Power.

Seriously.....

The Onion and PressTV has competition.

posted on Aug, 16 2013 @ 01:11 AM
link   
Yes, MSNBC, the respectable news source *cough* to go to when you need editing done on a 911 call.

NBC News Accused of Editing Zimmerman 911 Call

Let's see.
Lawsuit pending by Zimmerman's lawyer.

Now making wild accusations against AJ concerning the marathon bombings.:shk:
Yep, I'd have my lawyer get in touch with them too.
The more the merrier....

Keep on MSNBC, you sound like you are getting desperate for ratings.

+2 more 
posted on Aug, 16 2013 @ 01:44 AM
link   
Really ?

MSNBC is blaming Alex Jones for the Boston Bombing ?

Don't know what is sadder MSNBC or the people dumb enough to believe that crap.

What utter nonsense.

+3 more 
posted on Aug, 16 2013 @ 02:03 AM
link   
I don't like Alex Jones. But that has nothing to do with anything. Despite my dislike for him, I agree that this is blatant propaganda by Obama's media lapdog.

What they're doing is simple. They run segments like this to condition the naive masses to associate all of the groups they mention in the segment. Sadly, it works. In this case, they're attempting to tie Conservatives and Libertarians (pro-guns, pro-small government, pro-liberty) to conspiracy theorists (insane in the eyes of the public, thus discrediting Conservative and Libertarian ideals), and then even further to racists and terrorists (dangerous and violent in the eyes of the public, thus labeling Conservative and Libertarian ideals a threat).

I didn't finish watching the entire video because I can't stomach propaganda garbage. But I saw enough to know that that's exactly what it is: propaganda garbage. Again, I don't like Alex Jones, but he, and those who follow him, are in no way responsible for this attack.

I expect to see more of these attack segments on mainstream media to further divide us and further label those of us who support gun rights and liberty as domestic terrorists.

edit on 8/16/2013 by DivisiveConformity because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2013 @ 02:06 AM
link   
reply to post by mikegrouchy

No, because its painfully clear that the media, in collusion with the government, is doing everything in its power to convict the surviving brother.

Which probably means hes innocent.

Here are just some of the bizarre facts surrounding this staged event.

Ironic that his friends are being charged with obstruction of justice considering a backpack identical to the one he was wearing was found in his apartment.

Wonder if they'll charge Ibragim Todashev with anything. Never-mind, the FBI already shot and killed him.

edit on 16-8-2013 by gladtobehere because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2013 @ 02:11 AM
link   
reply to post by gladtobehere

I find it odd that his trial is so secretive, yet we couldn't escape the Zimmerman trial. But Americans don't take the time to consider those details.

posted on Aug, 16 2013 @ 02:27 AM
link   
First of all, Alex has a very diverse staff, from blacks to latinos. Anybody who knows him and listens to him knows that the racist accusations are pure bull, among the other outlandish accusations. I'm pretty sure Alex talked about some intimate relations he had with black women in his younger days when on Howard Stern.

Anyway, the point is we need to realize just how dangerous this kind of rhetoric is. MSNBC essentially has tied damn near every member of this forum to terrorism, extremism and violence. I listen to Alex quite often, so I guess I'm a potential terrorist, too. Alex said right from the beginning of the bombings they were going to use this to blame the right wing and conservative groups, and now along with conspiracy theorists and libertarians.

This can be funny to watch if you're awake, but it's not a joke to their dumbed down target audience. There are still hoards of people who believe this kind of propaganda bs. The fact is, MSNBC is dangerous. Pro-government extremism is dangerous. We know who the real danger is. I feel like I can't even find words to illustrate just how ridiculous and crazy this hit piece is by MSNBC. Their "journalists"
are just down right pathetic, miserable people. Just imagine their back stage convos and planning this hit piece.

Here are a couple of clips from today's show, which I had a hard time pulling myself away from today. He does a great job pointing out their hypocrisy. Personally, I hope he does follow through with his lawsuit against MSNBC. He talked about getting subpoenas for their scripts and whatnot to show their premeditated defamation attack against Alex.

Alex interviewing the original minister of the Black Panther Party.

Whether you're a fan of Alex or not, it's is important to stand up for him and back him here because this is just insane. Plus, I'm sure we can all agree on hating the entire MSNBC network

edit on 16-8-2013 by Merlin Lawndart because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2013 @ 02:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by mikegrouchy
If the trial has just started...................
and the defendant has plead "not guilty"......
Shouldn't the Main Stream Media........
wait until he is found guilty................
...........before.......................
they speculate on who inspired him?

/just saying

Mike

Remember when CNN instantly blamed Palin for the Gifford shooting right after it happened without a shred of evidence?? Trying to deflect the responsibility off the shooter onto some one they hate.

And yet with the Ft.Hood shooting, which was clearly a terrorist attack [hate crime] , the media refused to speculate, saying it was too soon.......yeah right.
Only for it to be labeled a 'work place' crime which hardly any media questioned the category in which the president put the tragedy in.

Media Falsely Blame Palin for Giffords Shooting, But Refused to Talk Islam At Ft. Hood

edit on 16-8-2013 by snarky412 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2013 @ 03:19 AM
link   
I just want to add something here. I am in no way a Glenn Beck or Rush Limbaugh supporter. I think that Glenn is con artist and I've never subscribed to the mainstream Conservative trash Rush pushes. But I would sit here and DEFEND BOTH to be able to continue to have a voice. This isn't about Alex Jones, it's beyond that... it's beyond him. Because if they can do this to Alex Jones, they can do this to Glen and Rush. They can do this to you and me.

We hang together or hang separately.

posted on Aug, 16 2013 @ 07:39 AM
link   
This "devil-made-me-do-it" attitude is all over the place today. No one takes responsibility for themselves anymore. If the suspect pleaded not guilty, then it stands to reason that no one "made" him do it... until they find him guilty. AND even then, he would be guilty by his own accord.

Of all people, Alex Jones? Please... He must be getting on someone's last nerve these days... Fear-mongering sometimes yes, but racism? I don't buy it.

That's like saying "Mc Donalds made me obese, and coffee made me a caffeine addict"

Please

posted on Aug, 16 2013 @ 07:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Schillinger
For MSNBC to spin this is by the very definition of the word pure propaganda.

I'd say it's typical MSNBC. MSNBC is a sick joke. I don't know how people can still watch it.

posted on Aug, 16 2013 @ 07:46 AM
link   
It has more to do with attacking our first amendment rights of free speech. Our constitution protects us from speaking out against our government, and to peacefully protest against any injustices. If they try silencing conspiracy sites, or any discontent against government policies is when they clearly will have encroached upon our civil liberties of free speech. It seems like they may likely be heading in that direction, and possibly using the Patriot Act as a means of stifling dissent.

Hopefully, if that day happens, the citizens of this country will rise up in outrage. Our 1st amendment rights is what sets us apart from tyrannical governments! It defines what the United States is all about. You can disagree with your government without being prosecuted. Unfortunately, I see our media's right to free speech being stifled or pressured by our government to report only on matters that look favorably toward our government.

Case in point, the reason for the Iraq war wasn't scrutinized in the media. The media has taken the government's position on Edward Snowden, and Bradley Manning when they both never received due process of their guilt by a jury of their peers. The media ignores debates on U.S. involvement in conflicts over seas, always siding with our governments decisions to intervene and sending our troops into harms way. The media no longer asks the tough questions from our policy makers. The media is easily shut-out of any discussion that goes against questionable government policies and decisions.

link   

Sadly, MSNBC does have a viewership. Now while it does number in the hundreds, people still watch and they still believe. I would imagine that most of the progressives on this site watch MSNBC for their "ATS Talking Points", but the fact remains that blatent lies and outrageous claims must be refuted.

It's easy to ignore the idiot in the corner, but when you see the idiot gathering a crowd, then something should be done.

link   
Funny how people on TV get the credibility of an established encyclopedia simply by virtue of being on TV.

So now MSNBC's 150 viewers believe AJ is a bigot. Well, they probably already hated AJ from his other appearances and from Maddows bizarre infatuation with him so this essentially boils down to choir preaching. A small choir of idiots being preached lies but choir preaching nonetheless.

No real harm done to AJ.

MSNBC should interview the black religious leaders and original panthers he's been friends with for so long and his staff to hear all the stories of hate and bigotry. I'm sure they're must be lots of stories of AJ's cross-burning and hood-wearing antics and who better to ask than his non-white friends, co-workers and peers.

Just ring up Jakari Jackson. Works with him every day all day. He's gotta have the dirt.
edit on 16-8-2013 by thisguyrighthere because: (no reason given)

new topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join