It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

POLITICS: TV Stations Afraid To Show Pvt. Ryan

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 13 2004 @ 07:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by HowlrunnerIV
If the movie is that popular and they think they can make money from selling the advertising why can't they just make a tv-edit? Or is it that with a (unexpected?) Bush victory they suddenly found themselves confronted with the Hayes Code again and had been planning on never having to do tv-edits again?

As I replied to DontTreadOnMe, language was not edited because Speilberg said his movie could only be aired on netowrk tv if nothing was censored and/or edited.

Misfit

posted on Nov, 13 2004 @ 07:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Misfit
language was not edited because Speilberg said his movie could only be aired on netowrk tv if nothing was censored and/or edited.

I�m not a Spielberg-fan, but I agree with him here. If I had made a film, I would consider it as "my child" sort of speak. A piece of artwork. I wouldn�t have had it edited at all.

How long will it take before we can�t even see anyone smoke a sigarette in a movie aired on TV-networks b/c of censorship? Documentaries or realistic films will be replaced by nonsense or propaganda. A painted "reality", rewritten "history". There�s a difference when it�s a program made specifically for children. I think a "warning about its content" before they aired it would be sufficient.

posted on Nov, 13 2004 @ 08:09 AM
link   
```

Isn't 'Private Ryan' available on tape or DVD??

the TV broadcast media hype is meant to stir up controversy

BTW...notice all the WAR & Battle TV fare lately?
after the Bush mandate...see them follow the $$
...The Patriot, We were Soldiers, etc etc etc
? perhaps the 'Pvt Ryan' media ploy will actually
come back and 'bite them in the butt'?

posted on Nov, 13 2004 @ 08:40 AM
link   
But that still, as always, goes back to the channle switch. If ya don't like what you are seeing at the theatre, do you sit there and watch it? or walk out? If you don't like what you see on your tv, do you sit and watch it? or change the channle?

As for war movies, tv is innudated with them, perhaps they just hav'nt been noticed until this stir about Pvt Ryan. Same thought process as, you don't realize there are so many cars like the one you just bought, until you have it.

Misfit

posted on Nov, 13 2004 @ 08:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Valhall
Grady,

I respectfully submit that your original statement in this thread is WAY OFF of reality.

1. Saving Private Ryan was made in 1998 - I'm not sure what war it was protesting or what conflict it was trying to scare recruits away from....if there was one at the time, I damned sure missed it.

2. The decision to air this movie at this time seems to be based on the fact it was Veteran's day. Now, you can attempt to stir up the theory that ABC is trying to scare young people away from war if you want, but you probably ought to get your evidence first.

Val...I had to post when I read this because for once you and I are in total agreement! Our young people do need to know the truth, not a watered down pretty look at war. While I do not care for Bush and I do not approve of war, I support our men 100%. That's why I don't care of protesting.....I think it's gives our men fighting disrespect.

posted on Nov, 14 2004 @ 03:19 AM
link   
Does it really matter? Honestly. Let the Iraqis protect their own freedom and we'll protect ours. I don't want to die for someone else's freedeom. I'll die for my own and my loved ones. Let them die for their own freedom.

[edit on 11/14/04 by RedDragon]

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join