It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Humans are technological sensors manufactured by Super Beings.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 17 2013 @ 12:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by AthlonSavage
whose exactly is taking care of it?

Do you like this cartoon?

Thought it would provide a laugh.
edit on 17-8-2013 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2013 @ 06:29 PM
link   
reply to post by olaru12

I don't think you give the principle of logic enough credit - you refer to it as a human concept, but it is not. It is a foundational principle which describes the deterministic nature of the universe.

Newtonian physics still does describe the macro-physics around us to an exsquisitely accurate degree. It was always a model, i.e. an approximation of reality, and never meant to be a "holy grail".

But the concept of determinism (and with it logic) is not a model - it's a principle, a pillar upon which these transient theories play out. Even quantum mechanics follows determinism. There is no reason to think it is invalid - contrarily, there is every reason to think of it as a permanent truth.

posted on Aug, 24 2013 @ 04:23 PM
link   
I think I kind of like this idea, actually.

My subjective experience is that I am actually all kinds of symbiotic and overlapping energetic entities, and that everything has a degree of sentience, and is a doorway to more than we dream. (Or perhaps literally to the worlds we dream.)

I think my dispute with the thread title is the unspoken implication that the experience of being such a sensor (a poor, but understandable, model) -- whether as a liver cell or as an entire human -- is not worth having, or is not a great opportunity.

Every day as part of my morning process, I say to "the worlds which reside in me and in which I reside" :

Thank you for my role in this amazing game. Every time I wake up here, it seems so real!

I'm happy to be a suit worn by brighter lights.

<< 1   >>

join