It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Worst songs ever recorded

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 16 2013 @ 05:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by shells4u
reply to post by alldaylong

Make it stop!!!

I second that!

posted on Aug, 16 2013 @ 05:42 AM
link   
This guy's an alpha-sissy.

posted on Aug, 16 2013 @ 05:46 AM
link   
I win.

posted on Aug, 16 2013 @ 06:54 AM
link   
I would put anything mushy or of the waah waah I just got canned type of songs in this thread, but just to pick as an example hearing Sonny and Cher's vomit making "I Got U Babe" makes we want to cut my ears off and burn them.

posted on Aug, 16 2013 @ 06:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by shells4u
Okay I'll play...this song should have been the theme song for ANIMAL PLANET....

Ahhh Shells....
Thank you for posting this one! I hate it hate it HATE IT!!!
I love so many different types of music, but this just makes me feel icky, lol.
jacygirl

posted on Aug, 16 2013 @ 07:28 AM
link   
reply to post by shells4u

The Captain looks like he could vomit while he's playing that.

Does he look like he could be Jerry Seinfeld's father?

posted on Aug, 16 2013 @ 08:31 AM
link   

[color=92FF24]You have to get the consensus of the public, but you have not gotten the consensus of the public. Your music is rubbish. it's garbage. it's garbage.

Your music is rubbish. it's garbage. it's garbage. it's garbage. it's garbage. it's garbage. Your music is rubbish. it's garbage it's garbage it's garbage it's garbage
[color=92FF24]Your music is rubbish. it's garbage it's garbage it's garbage it's garbage. Your music is rubbish it's garbage it's garbage it's garbage it's garbage it's garbage it's garbage it's garbage it's garbage it's garbage it's garbage

edit on 8/16/13 by BrokenCircles because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2013 @ 09:31 AM
link   
reply to post by argentus

Originally posted by argentus

5. David Hasselhoff -- Let it Be Me
Hasselhoff was actually the first person to pop into my mind, after seeing this thread. I searched Youtube, and realized that he had more than one. I think I'm still in shock from learning about such a monstrosity.
I just can't seem to wrap my head around it. I guess he must've paid for it himself, or maybe some sort of funky backwards alternate reality. I just can't see how anyone could've possibly thought that would be a good investment.

David Hasselhoff - 'Jump In My Car' (aka 'The Pedophilia Lullaby')

This↓ is only the first half of the lyrics.

Jump in my car
I wanna take you home
Jump in my car
It's too far walk on your own

(No, thank you, sir)
Ah, come on I'm a trustworthy guy
(No, thank you, sir)
Oh little girl, I wouldn't tell you no lies
(I know your game)

How can you say that? We only just met
(You're all the same)
Ooh! she's got me there, but I'll get her yet
(I got you there)

No, you didn't, I was catching my breath
And look it's starting to rain
And baby you'll catch your death
(Well, I dunno)
Ah, come on, it costs nothing to try
And you'll arrive home nice and dry

Jump in my car
I wanna take you home
Come on jump in my car
It's too far to walk on your own

(Well, maybe I will)
Ah that's better now your talking sense
(But you best keep still)
Well, if you like I'll just put up a fence
(No need to get smart)
Well, alright we'll soon be on our way

Originally posted by argentus

I used to have a "terrible 'music' collection". I sold it before we moved to the Caribbean for $400 at a yard sale.
As a teenager, I first got into Heavy Metal Hair Bands/Glam Rock etc......

....then I discovered Nine Inch Nails, and quickly realized that my collection of almost 100 CD's, actually contained less than 10 CD's that were worth keeping. I had difficulty selling most of them though, because people didn't believe they were mine. I only wanted $2 per CD, so people thought I stole them. I didn't even wanna look at them anymore. All in all, I probably got about $1/CD, and that was back in the mid 90's when CD's still had some value to them. lol

edit on 8/16/13 by BrokenCircles because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2013 @ 09:50 AM
link   
www.youtube.com...

I was looking for that dude in my closet for a month! Too creepy.
edit on 16-8-2013 by Tylerdurden1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2013 @ 10:03 AM
link   
reply to post by ColeYounger

Worst songs ever recorded: Any song in the past 13 years.

Seriously, is it just me or has anyone noticed that for almost the past 2 decades there has been no huge movement in music.

Think about it, up until now, music was defined by their decade.

There is a clear and distinct line between 1920's music, and 1930's, 40's, 50's, 60's, 70's, 80's, and even 90's music.
As a matter of fact, the music made in those times are so connected with their time period that the mere number of the decade is a genre within itself.

It seems like that all stopped with the 90's. 90's music was its own creature as well, but wtf do we call music made from 2000-2009? What kind of music prevailed during those 10 years? Think about it really hard.

Because the answer is extremely sad. Upon the 2000's, there has been a severe emergence of, mediocrity.

Yep, that's right. The 00's music genre is mediocrity. There wasn't an Elvis, or a Beatles, or a Led Zeppelin or a Pink Floyd, or disco movement, punk, heavy metal, grunge, etc...No, the 00's were marked by Kanye West and Miley Cyrus, Justin Bieber and Usher, lil' John, and other equivalent bull s***.

Granted, I will give credit for the Mars Volta for coming out around 2002 and breaking up earlier this year. Those guys had a good 10 year run, and they redefined progressive psychedelic rock, and music in general, but it all happened under the radar. The might of had one song on the radio, and no one really gave a s*** even though they were literally the Led Zeppelin of this age, with Cedric and Omar being the modern day equivalent song writing duo of Page and Plant. And of course Tool came out with Lateralus in 2001, and 10,000 Days in 2006, which were both and still are light years ahead of their time. But again, I say these things go unnoticed. Unlike when Pink Floyd changed the face of rock with electronic machines, or when Elvis first shook his hips, Tool's emergence into the next dimension of music has flickered under the exhausting artificial light of mediocrity that is forced down our blowholes from every TV, radio, and website.

But seriously, it's half way through 2013, a whole new decade, a supposed new fresh start for new and emerging artist to come blow the doors off the hinges like Kurt Cobain, Elvis, or the Bealtes. But no, instead, creativity has gone down and diminished into the fake polished pseudo chrome we hear coming out of speakers today.

I am seriously disappointed in my generations musical and artistic efforts. I guess I'm just gonna have to go make some good music myself.

posted on Aug, 16 2013 @ 10:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Kody27

I think you might have gotten mixed up a little bit here.

For a start, all the mainstream music made in the last thirteen years, yes sure, its been utterly pathetic. But there have been some GIGANTIC metal albums and tunes released in that time, and I think to ignore that is somewhat foolish. Also, although The Mars Volta are amazing, I cannot agree with you about anything you said regarding Tool. Tool are not ahead of thier time. There will never be a time where Tool will ever be widely considered as anything other than purveyors of strange sounds.

posted on Aug, 16 2013 @ 10:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by TrueBrit
reply to post by Kody27

I think you might have gotten mixed up a little bit here.

For a start, all the mainstream music made in the last thirteen years, yes sure, its been utterly pathetic. But there have been some GIGANTIC metal albums and tunes released in that time, and I think to ignore that is somewhat foolish. Also, although The Mars Volta are amazing, I cannot agree with you about anything you said regarding Tool. Tool are not ahead of thier time. There will never be a time where Tool will ever be widely considered as anything other than purveyors of strange sounds.

Crawl back into whatever shell you were formed in please. Along with the rest of society, your brain doesn't do your ears justice.

Another cookie cutter metal fan? What "gigantic" metal albums have come out besides Koloss and Obzen by Meshuggah? And for the love of god please do not reference me to Lamb of God, or Tesseract, or Avenged Sevenfold, or some other cookie cutter bull crap repetitive mediocrity. Those bands serve no purpose other than to stagnate music in general and regress any and all thought of evolution.

Tool has redefined everythin , metal, music, rock, progressive music, ambience, math rock, they've even redefined what it takes to become popular. Regardless of your opinion of their music, you have heard of them, along with most other people in the world of music. They broke the mold, you can't deny.

You sound like my old drummer when he told me that indian tabla music is nothing but clicks and whistles. I've never been more depressed to hear that come out of the mouth of a drummer. Eastern Indian music has been light years ahead of western music for the past 4,000 years, and we're still nowhere close to catching up to their awkward, odd, and seemingly infinitely complex rhythms and note scales.

"Purveyor of strange sounds" is the equivalent of a drummer saying tabla music is clicks and whistles. His mind was simply unable to listen or makes sense out of what he was hearing, so he lobbed it all into the unknown category and wrote it off as rubbish.

Just like the native americans supposedly couldn't really see Columbus's ships as they approached the shore, because their minds had never seen such things as ships, so they couldn't relate it to anything, so what they must have seen in their minds was probably closer to some large animal or maybe nothing at all. They simply had to lob the image of a ship into the "unknown" category. People who listen to Tool and don't hear anything multidimensional, or groundbreaking, simply don't have ears of understanding, so the lips of wisdom are closed to them. It's not just a matter of opinion on their style of music, yes you at least have to be willing to listen to a broad style of music before you can expect to get into Tool, but once you do, you realize that they transcend any and all labels and barriers, and have offered more on the forefront of progressive music in the past 20 years than any other single band in history. They progress more within one album than most bands every progress in their entire career. I find it funny when people say that bands like Dream Theater are progressive, when in fact they play the same exact thing for 25 years, that's been re-hashed for 10 years before that. If anything, they're stunting any and all possibility of progression.

posted on Aug, 16 2013 @ 10:31 AM
link   
Don't shoot the messenger...

Contender for worst song ever

Ummm...the link may be useful if you choose not to view the video.
Wrong on so many levels. It coalesces much of what's wrong with the industry today.

posted on Aug, 16 2013 @ 10:38 AM
link   
reply to post by exdog5

The guy singing... I want to hit him. With a bat. A lot. A lot lot.

posted on Aug, 16 2013 @ 10:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hefficide
reply to post by exdog5

The guy singing... I want to hit him. With a bat. A lot. A lot lot.

"singing"? you are being kind

posted on Aug, 16 2013 @ 10:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Kody27

I wasnt going to mention Avenged Sevenfold (I have a pube which is at least forty times more metal than that entire band), or Teseract, and I take offense at the suggestion. I have been listening to heavy metal since I was five years old, I prefer old Metallica, thier work before the black album, (upon which I shall spit for ten thousand eternities) and I cannot stand the profit driven groups like Trivium and the like.

For sure, there are enough of those wazzocks about, but I am not one of them. I was going to explain that Mastadon, Devin Townsend and his various projects, Ihshan from Emperor (who I will hopefully be seeing next year after thier reunion), Bloodbath, Vomitory, Hackneyed, and a huge array of metal bands, have made some bloody fantastic albums over the last decade, and that cannot be denied either. When Devin Townsend was doing his Deconstruction tour, I was lucky enough to get tickets to see him at a student union venue in London. He was supported by a band called The Shining, who play a black metal/jazz fusion style! Freakin WILD dude!

If you havent been hearing some epic music coming out of the metal scene over this last decade, then you simply havent been listening, and thats all there is to it!
edit on 16-8-2013 by TrueBrit because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2013 @ 10:45 AM
link   
reply to post by exdog5

Wow, that video is almost five minutes long.

I managed 42 seconds, if it hadn't been for a glimpse of a blonde chick, I wouldn't have made it that far.

posted on Aug, 16 2013 @ 10:47 AM
link   

reply to post by Kody27

I have been listening to heavy metal since I was five years old, I prefer old Metallica, thier work before the black album, (upon which I shall spit for ten thousand eternities) and I cannot stand the profit driven groups like Trivium and the like.

For sure, there are enough of those wazzocks about, but I am not one of them. I was going to explain that Mastadon, Devin Townsend and his various projects, Ihshan from Emperor (who I will hopefully be seeing next year after thier reunion), Bloodbath, Vomitory, Hackneyed...

If you havent been hearing some epic music coming out of the metal scene over this last decade, then you simply havent been listening, and thats all there is to it!

(Because they're all the same cookie cutter metal mainstream bull s***)

I saw Mastodon live at Bonarroo, and my metal friend loves them and told me how great they were. Let me just say that their live show was lackluster at best. I was not impressed. Devin Townsend is ok.

I saw Dillinger Escape Plan open for the Deftones, and that was badass. They actually rocked some new math prog time signatures, polyrythms, and whatnot. Also, Dillinger's lead singer came out and sand Maynard's part on "Passenger" with the Deftones. It was epic, I'd say he did an even better job than Maynard, and that means alot.

But my point still remains, even if all of those bands you have named did come out with good music, it was all under the radar. Which was the main point to all of this. I'm sure that good music has been created in the past 13 years, but the point was that it hasn't been popular. In the past, there have been emerging artists that come out and break the mold and become popular at the same time as redefining good music.

There has been none of that lately. It's because of society, it's not the musicians fault as much. But there is still something lacking in music lately.

Metallica sucks, always have, always will. The Black Album was a good album, although it was a little too commercial for me. Before that, their music was just primitive and cliched thrash metal that was being done by bands much better than them at the time. They just got lucky with their look and their image.

posted on Aug, 16 2013 @ 10:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by butcherguy
reply to post by exdog5

Wow, that video is almost five minutes long.

I managed 42 seconds, if it hadn't been for a glimpse of a blonde chick, I wouldn't have made it that far.

42 seconds is brave, but you won't get the whole scope of suckage in that span. Not that I condone watching the whole thing.
If you read the review at the link below the video, you will get a very good sense of how bad this overachieving guy really is. He tries to interweave numerous genres...quite unsuccessfully

posted on Aug, 16 2013 @ 10:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kody27

reply to post by Kody27

I have been listening to heavy metal since I was five years old, I prefer old Metallica, thier work before the black album, (upon which I shall spit for ten thousand eternities) and I cannot stand the profit driven groups like Trivium and the like.

For sure, there are enough of those wazzocks about, but I am not one of them. I was going to explain that Mastadon, Devin Townsend and his various projects, Ihshan from Emperor (who I will hopefully be seeing next year after thier reunion), Bloodbath, Vomitory, Hackneyed...

I saw Dillinger Escape Plan open for the Deftones, and that was badass. They actually rocked some new math prog time signatures, polyrythms, and whatnot. Also, Dillinger's lead singer came out and sand Maynard's part on "Passenger" with the Deftones.

Nice!

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join