It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fewest Americans since 2007 seek jobless benefits

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 16 2013 @ 12:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by sealing
Where is Xuenchen and what have done
with him? Obviously this is an imposter.

I am having mental lapses lately.

I'm practicing for disability claims.

I will claim a disability for being unemployed is psychosomatic and therefore has caused physical injury

Plus that, there's been a lot of complaints about no threads that cast a positive light on Obama.

posted on Aug, 16 2013 @ 02:45 PM
link   
reply to post by pavil

It depends the states law regarding unemployment benefits, here in GA during duress you will stop getting unemployment benefits after the three months and will have to fall for other types of benefits within the state.

posted on Aug, 16 2013 @ 05:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by xuenchen
Finally we see evidence that many of President Obama's successful economic policies are bearing fruit.

WASHINGTON (AP) — The number of Americans seeking unemployment benefits dropped 15,000 last week to a seasonally adjusted 320,000, the fewest since October 2007 — a sign of dwindling layoffs and steady if modest job growth.

The Labor Department said Thursday that the less volatile four-week average fell 4,000 to 332,000, the fewest since November 2007 and the fifth straight decline.

Companies are laying off fewer workers, a trend that has lowered applications for unemployment benefits 14 percent this year. But hiring is still sluggish, resulting in only modest net job growth.

This is good news.

Not really.

Means people stopped looking for work all together, or have been added to disability programs, and other programs have expanded.

See now this would be good news :

Jobless benefits down
Welfare is down
Disability claims are down

That would be a sign of economic improvement.

just my opinion though others will vary with mileage.
edit on 16-8-2013 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2013 @ 05:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Hefficide

It kind of stymies me that people still seem to want to blame governmental over-regulation for the economy.

Why because it's true ?

And that massive regulation state that leads to people being unemployed is the direct result of that.

And the simple fact that small business owners are the largest employers in this country that regulation hurts the most.

Which doesn't have a damn thing to do with 'mega corporations'.

At the top of the pile there are a few thousand corporate raiders who are laughing their asses off while they admire their golden parachutes and obscene wealth.

Yep those congressman sure are laughing at people blaming everyone but those who create problems to offer 'solutions' that create more problems..

posted on Aug, 16 2013 @ 07:10 PM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

I know in state of NC the small businesses were hit pretty hard.. I worked hard for 15 years with the same company, until the sales dropped so bad that the company went under..I immediately began job searching every avenue possible..I collected my unemployment just to get by month to month, but after 6 months it was exhausted and still no job interviews, offers or for that matter substantial leads. I stalked out the temp agencies, Went door to door, called leads that friends possibly had, and filled out every possible job offer in a 20 mile radius.. In the mean time I am attending school full time for HVAC certificates to secure a position in a growing field while continuing and expanding my search efforts.. After exhausting my unemployment, which was 236 a week, I went back to DSS to see what I could qualify for..and the only thing the state could offer was 236 month..and continue searching for work 35 hours a week..you register under the work first program..which the only thing that does is supply a website to post your resume on and is not much better than Careerbuilder...they have the same job listings as such. So if you really think you can live off the system be my guest..but its not for me...and while I was at DSS offices I asked the case worker if they were hiring, she smirked a little and said you can always fill out and application online..I couldn't help but to smile..About 80 percent of jobs now want you to fill out application online..whatever happened to interpersonal skills, customer service..Food services and select few retail still like when you come in, but most of the mega corporations for get it..please use a kiosk, or online application..they are getting thousands of applications a day and your chances are slim even to get a interview..well I cant speak for the other states, but in Charlotte, NC I can..

posted on Aug, 16 2013 @ 08:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Psimmons

Well that certainly IS wholesome and heartwarming.

There's millions more too.

It should comfort you to know that the President of the United States is doing everything possible to help you.

Carry on.

btw, who will you vote for next election ?

posted on Aug, 17 2013 @ 12:25 AM
link   
I know people like to complain about what the companies profits are and how much the CEO's are making, but please stop. Who cares? Live your life. In my opinion, its the same thing as people worried about gay marriage. Worry about your life. If homosexuals are allowed to marry, is it going to change your life? Is it going to make you gay? So why do people really care? Same with what other people make. If they make less, are you going to make more? Do you really think that jobs/economy are based on what the rich actually make? No, they are going to make that one way or another. If the government dictates that they have to pay a certain "living" wage (what crap), or create a regulation that increases cost, do you think they are going to take it from their pockets and eat the cost, no they pass it on to you. Tell me this, would you pay for others? Would you take it out of your pocket to cover the cost, then why should they? The biggest hindrance to our nation prospering, is the government and those that work for it (except for the military and necessary personnel) I mean how many times have you entered into a government office and watched 50 people walk around and do nothing while 2 or 3 are actually working, and there are brand new cars in the employee parking lot. If you are mad about someone making lots of money, be mad at those who game the government job system and end up making 3x what you will make a year by doing a crappy job.

posted on Aug, 17 2013 @ 12:54 AM
link   

They are no longer eligible for unemployment compensation.

You can't draw unemployment when you are working part time.

Nothing Obama has ever done has paid off. Unless you count the division of America that seems to be working rather well.

This Pontus is so yesterday all he does is make me want to puke.

What a garbage thread.

posted on Aug, 17 2013 @ 12:56 AM
link   

your quote

Plus that, there's been a lot of complaints about no threads that cast a positive light on Obama.

No light will shine in the abyss that Obama created.

posted on Aug, 17 2013 @ 01:01 AM
link   

Can't wait to hear that drivel.

More from the teleprompter Another prepared speech. I can't wait.

Seriously I'm going to be sleeping so I'm afraid I'll have to miss that. Wake me up when the crap fest is over..

posted on Aug, 17 2013 @ 01:18 AM
link   
I think everyone is confused, presidents don't really do a whole lot of changing of anything to be honest everything america does is a whole f-uck load more then one mind can comprehend anyways it isnt the pres i care about its the a holes that have a seat in places for their whole damn lives that really matter and then their are those shadowy intel agency guys you never hear about that have the same office and get promoted every 30 years or so along with the people in the banking cartels most dont get, I guess it is easy to blame a president lol I almost think blaming a pres is the idea as it keeps the people divided f the pres and the gooberment gang

posted on Aug, 17 2013 @ 01:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Diisenchanted

Obama is the President.

We all need to trust him.

He is committed to our well being.

He told us that.

RIGHT !!!

posted on Aug, 17 2013 @ 03:07 AM
link   
reply to post by SloAnPainful

Sounds to me that yer in the wrong job...just remember, people claiming benefits keep you in employment. without them you would be on the other side of the fence.

posted on Aug, 17 2013 @ 03:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hefficide

It kind of stymies me that people still seem to want to blame governmental over-regulation for the economy.

You do realize that most mega-corporations are and have been enjoying record profits for the past six years while the rest of us watch our careers, life savings, investments, and security all dry up. Right?

At the top of the pile there are a few thousand corporate raiders who are laughing their asses off while they admire their golden parachutes and obscene wealth.

I see a lot of congratulations when the quarterly meetings come around. Profits are up.

I see part-time help added, because of the fear of Obamacare, and those who are older getting fired for one reason or other. My company is trying to keep its business at a certain amount of employees, as to not get penalized.

I think many companies are doing this. Then again, employer's are in it for the money. Not in it for coddling the American public. I'm sure that's how it is for medium size and bigger businesses.

I will blame Government on a few things. Instability, Polarization, and the mistress which is called "The Fed"......

posted on Aug, 17 2013 @ 03:32 AM
link   
reply to post by sonnny1

Is the increase in part time employers really down to Obama care? The same thing is happening in the UK, the job figures are up, but people are either on part time contracts or even zero hour contracts. Which means the company calls you when your needed, not even the luxury of regular hours.

posted on Aug, 17 2013 @ 03:35 AM
link   

Got to admit you had me going there for a bit.

Well played kudos to you.

posted on Aug, 17 2013 @ 03:37 AM
link   
reply to post by woodwardjnr

I actually talked to one of my bosses, and he confirmed it.

And then you have this......

White Castle is considering hiring only part-time workers in the future because of fears Obamacare will impose detrimental costs on its business, Vice President Jamie Richardson said in an interview with HuffPost Thursday.
The restaurant chain has no intention of firing members of its current full-time staff or reducing benefits as a result of President Barack Obama's new health care law, Richardson originally said in an interview NPR published Wednesday.

Yet Richardson told HuffPost that it must consider all options with the company's healthcare costs set to rise 35 percent once the law is implemented.

White Castle On Obamacare: We May Only Hire Part-Time Workers

ETA:

Brewer isn’t alone. The number of workers holding full-time positions fell in the U.S. in June as part-timers hit a record after rising for three straight months, according to the Bureau of Labor Statistics household data. Part-time employment has been outpacing full-time job growth since 2008. Economists cite still-tough economic conditions as the root cause, with some saying President Barack Obama’s 2010 health-care law exacerbates the trend.

Fed Ponders Part-Time Shift as Obamacare Role Questioned
edit on 17-8-2013 by sonnny1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2013 @ 03:54 AM
link   

Soloprotocol
reply to post by SloAnPainful

Sounds to me that yer in the wrong job...just remember, people claiming benefits keep you in employment. without them you would be on the other side of the fence.

Oh, I'd have to say someone that is critical and skeptical of benefit applicants is in precisely the right job.

The ones who really need it, DO need it and won't give up. The ones lying through their teeth and willing to sell their own mothers for money will give up when the process isn't easy anymore. What's left at the end, as I understand it, are usually the most needy.

SSI/SSD tend to be life long things in many cases, as the level of disability required to get in is rarely a transient thing. So, we're talking about a benefit level which is similar to retirement levels of Social Security at a young age with the same life time coverage.

I'd be horrified to hear we had anyone working those approval processes that WASN'T critical and skeptical. Who wouldn't want to be paid for nothing but lying really well, if that was all it took? Plenty I know...but at the same time, PLENTY would take it without a second thought or moment of guilt for screwing the system and by extension, their fellow citizens.

All for one and one for themselves....seems to be the motto of FAR too many people these days.
edit on 17-8-2013 by wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2013 @ 04:56 AM
link   

Finally we see evidence that many of President Obama's successful economic policies are bearing fruit.

WASHINGTON (AP) — The number of Americans seeking unemployment benefits dropped 15,000 last week to a seasonally adjusted 320,000, the fewest since October 2007 — a sign of dwindling layoffs and steady if modest job growth.

The Labor Department said Thursday that the less volatile four-week average fell 4,000 to 332,000, the fewest since November 2007 and the fifth straight decline.

Companies are laying off fewer workers, a trend that has lowered applications for unemployment benefits 14 percent this year. But hiring is still sluggish, resulting in only modest net job growth.

This is good news.

www.huffingtonpost.com...

Huffpo is hardly a right wing site...

"Instead, the number of Americans in the labor force – those who have a job or are looking for one – fell by nearly half a million people from February to March, the government said Friday. And the percentage of working-age adults in the labor force – what's called the participation rate – fell to 63.3 percent last month. It's the lowest such figure since May 1979.

The falling participation rate tarnished the only apparent good news in the jobs report the Labor Department released Friday: The unemployment rate dropped to a four-year low of 7.6 percent in March from 7.7 in February.

People without a job who stop looking for one are no longer counted as unemployed. That's why the U.S. unemployment rate dropped in March despite weak hiring. If the 496,000 who left the labor force last month had still been looking for jobs, the unemployment rate would have risen to 7.9 percent in March."

the unemployment situation is not getting better, it's just being counted a different way. How does the stock market get to new highs without job creation and increased consumer spending if people aren't counted and have less money?

It's inflated by the printing of money, that's how. When the USD bubble bursts, it will be worse than the real estate bubble. here's some insight into how that happened to other countries trying to print their way to prosperity...

www.cnbc.com...

posted on Aug, 17 2013 @ 08:36 AM
link   

This is good news.

You don't suppose the fact many companies are turning many full-time workers into part-time workers thus hiring more part-timers all because of Obamacare would have an impact on those numbers do you? Not only that but the Obama Administration has had a history of distorting facts and numbers.

How's that for "Bearing Fruit"?

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join